Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

I Feel My Father -in -law Is Trying To Control Me - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Feel My Father -in -law Is Trying To Control Me (26749 Views)

Help..i Feel My Husband Doesn't Love Me Anymore / Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law / My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Feel My Father -in -law Is Trying To Control Me by divinelove(m): 11:49am On Mar 25, 2017
realmey:
Hello NL

I visited my father-in-law sometime in January this year
We had certain conversation that included him asking me to visit him either on a weekly or monthly basis

Hmmmm,it didn't go down well with me,though i said nothing so it does not look as if i'm disrespectful.

I made up my mind it was not going to be possible as ordinarily i felt he was trying to control me;i didn't bother visiting in February as i already decided to visit at my convenience.

I really don't know if i am wrong,pls ur sincere advice

Y are you soo harsh, there is nothing to suggest he wants to control you. May be d old dude likes ur company dts all, looks like he has no son or has a useless one n looking at making u a son.
Re: I Feel My Father -in -law Is Trying To Control Me by Eddygourdo(m): 12:39pm On Mar 25, 2017
Richy4:

I Don't mean to quote you but you clearly got a lot to learn in life....The bold statement shows you have not even started smiley
I believe myself to be well educated enough to marvel you , but let's assume what you blabbed hs any water. Please tell me mr life teacher some of those knowledge you hold that other blind people like me can't see
Re: I Feel My Father -in -law Is Trying To Control Me by samael: 12:49pm On Mar 25, 2017
YOUR FATHER IN-LAW IS NOT TRYING TO CONTROL YOU.ITS A CORRUPT LANGUAGE HE THREW AT YOU: SIMPLY MEANING GIVE ME CASH WEEKLY OR MONTHY.
Re: I Feel My Father -in -law Is Trying To Control Me by Lexusgs430: 1:39pm On Mar 25, 2017
realmey:

Almost daily

Do you leave close - by?
Re: I Feel My Father -in -law Is Trying To Control Me by PeacenLove2: 2:06pm On Mar 25, 2017
Unless there have been other instances your father in law has tried to control you, his request that you visit more often doesn't translate to him trying to control you. I'm afraid you are being a little theatrical here.

You either oblige or you dont. You alone can decide what kind of relationship you want to have with him. Even if you cannot make it as often as he likes, make him feel loved and appreciated as well. Being in laws shoudnt be about power tussle. All the best.
Re: I Feel My Father -in -law Is Trying To Control Me by snakebeat: 2:06pm On Mar 25, 2017
realmey:

Its me boss not his daughter

His daughter see him almost daily and i don't object to that.

There was i time i visited regularly like almost monthly,the next thing i heard was i wasn't visiting enough.

Bros check am now,oneday the man fit tell me make i pack come stay him house or even make i visit am daily
How old are u? A trivial topic as this should be coming from a woman not a man...
It was really immature of u to bring such a topic to NL...i think too many kids are entering into marriage these days....

If he starts avoiding u now..you will also come here to complain...
Re: I Feel My Father -in -law Is Trying To Control Me by toprealman: 3:14pm On Mar 25, 2017
How much did he "gift" you for your wedding?
Re: I Feel My Father -in -law Is Trying To Control Me by Origin(f): 7:11pm On Mar 25, 2017
How many kids does he have? Are they all girls? Are they nearby?.

He could be looking to you as a son.

We neglect our old, but cry buckets when they die. Small gist can bring so much joy to them.

PS- hmmmmmmm. If this was a lady they will advice her to go every other day grin
Re: I Feel My Father -in -law Is Trying To Control Me by Jman06(m): 8:16pm On Mar 25, 2017
Your father inlaw just want to maintain a close contact with you like most elderly people do and that is what you now see as trying to control you

Simply explain to him that you'll visit only when your tight schedule permits.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Husband Is So Attached To His Mother / My Younger Brother Is A Snitch. / Child Abuse And Street Hawking In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.