Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,738 members, 7,834,467 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

How Ojukwu Planned To Colonise Yorubaland During Biafran War - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Ojukwu Planned To Colonise Yorubaland During Biafran War (805 Views)

Saraki, Dogara Planned To Impeach Buhari Today – Senator Abu Ibrahim / We Believe We Are All One, One Nigeria Forever – Biafran War Veterans / Foreign Journalist In Owerri To See Biafran War Weapons. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Ojukwu Planned To Colonise Yorubaland During Biafran War by TundeCole(m): 2:17pm On Mar 08, 2017
"(iv) Biafran troops will, after the liberation of
the Yorubaland, remain in that territory only
for as long as we in Biafra consider it
necessary for the Yorubas to consolidate their
position and sovereignty against any external
threat.

(v) On the liberation of the Yorubaland, you
will be appointed as the Military Governor of
that territory.

(vi) The liberation of Western Nigeria will be a
prelude to the liberation of all Yorubas up to
the River Niger and the severance of all
connections between the West and the North
at Jebba.

(vii) During the period of Biafrans troops’
presence in your territory, all political
measures, statements or decrees shall be
subject to the approval, in writing by myself or
on my authority.

(viii) Should our troops arrive and liberate
Lagos, the government of the Republic of
Biafra reserves the right to appoint a Military
administrator for the territory. Such an
Administrator will remain in office until a
merger of that territory with Yorubaland is
effected by Biafran troops.

(ix) As soon as possible after your appointment
as the Military Governor of Western Nigeria
and separation of that territory from Nigeria,
you and I must meet to discuss:
(a) the duration of stay of Biafran troops in
your territory;
(b) the areas and subjects of cooperation
between the liberated sovereign states of
Western Nigeria, or by what name it may call
itself, and Biafra.

4. I do not need to remind you that Biafra
regards all Yoruba as friends. As such
everything should be done, to ensure the
minimum force and loss of life are involved in
achieving the objective of liberation.

5. It is essential, in order to avoid
misunderstanding or confusion, that all
subsequent requests for support be formally
made to me by you in writing.

6. Will you please signify in writing, your
acceptance of the above conditions so that you
may leave for Western Nigeria and lead the
army of liberation.

Yours very sincerely,
signed Lt. Col. Odumegwu Ojukwu,
Military Governor and Commander in Chief of
Biafran Armed Forces."

culled from " A Break in the Silence : Lt. Col.
Victor Adebukunola Banjo, pp.66-68, by F.
Adetowun Ogunsheye, Spectrum Books,
Ibadan, 2001

1 Like

Re: How Ojukwu Planned To Colonise Yorubaland During Biafran War by ozoebuka1(m): 2:52pm On Mar 08, 2017
please Stop it. enough of this tribal BS.
Re: How Ojukwu Planned To Colonise Yorubaland During Biafran War by ChiefAdams: 3:02pm On Mar 08, 2017
ozoebuka1:
please Stop it. enough of this tribal BS.

Bros! I do not see anything wrong with what the dude posted. He came across an information, culled it and posted it for others to learn from.

Well, to the message, we all know the negative propaganda that has always been spread by the Igbos to the Yorubas in particular tagging them as betrayals and cowards who backed down on them during the civil war, now tell me, do you think the yorubas are fools that would want to jeopardize their pride just to allow an adventurous warlord deceive them into signing frivolous agreements that would have set clauses on their liberty?

Next time you guys want to accuse people of betraying you, ask yourselves what propelled their not supporting your cause in the first place.

2 Likes

Re: How Ojukwu Planned To Colonise Yorubaland During Biafran War by ozoebuka1(m): 4:34pm On Mar 08, 2017
ChiefAdams:

Bros! I do not see anything wrong with what the dude posted. He came across an information, culled it and posted it for others to learn from.

Well, to the message, we all know the negative propaganda that has always been spread by the Igbos to the Yorubas in particular tagging them as betrayals and cowards who backed down on them during the civil war, now tell me, do you think the yorubas are fools that would want to jeopardize their pride just to allow an adventurous warlord deceive them into signing frivolous agreements that would have set clauses on their liberty?

Next time you guys want to accuse people of betraying you, ask yourselves what propelled their not supporting your cause in the first place.
if you are intelligent enough, you would've known that no matter the kind of argument you put up, igbos will still support that ojukwu was right and as well, yorubas will still side with their own Which will lead to more and more bashing. Aren't you tired of it all??

4 Likes

Re: How Ojukwu Planned To Colonise Yorubaland During Biafran War by ChiefAdams: 4:39pm On Mar 08, 2017
ozoebuka1:
if you are intelligent enough, you would've know that no matter the kind of argument you put put here, igbos will still support that ojukwu was right and as well yorubas will still side with their own Which will lead to more and more bashing. Aren't you tired of it all??

I'm Not!

2 Likes

Re: How Ojukwu Planned To Colonise Yorubaland During Biafran War by Ngokafor(f): 4:40pm On Mar 08, 2017
...Confused op is still talking about a bogus'how Ojukwu tried to colonise yorubaland' during the civil war more than 45years ago,while hausas are wreckimg havoc on their lives and property in ile-ife(the heart of yorubaland) as we speak.

..I wonder when these people will cease being iddiotic...pathetic lots.

2 Likes

Re: How Ojukwu Planned To Colonise Yorubaland During Biafran War by Nobody: 4:42pm On Mar 08, 2017
ChiefAdams:

I'm Not.

l beg no kill person with laff.

On the topic, All you did was to set the records straight. It is more for the information of Yorubas who may not know the history. Igbos can believe whatever they like. Ko kan aye. We refuse to be misinformed.

1 Like

Re: How Ojukwu Planned To Colonise Yorubaland During Biafran War by BankeSmalls(f): 5:10pm On Mar 08, 2017
Now, post the Aburi accord and how Gowon and Nigerian government refused to obey it after signing it. To set the whole records straight. cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Magu Faces Sack As Ag. Chair, Lawyer Prays Court To Sack Him (pics Of Summons) / Obiano Conscripts Soludo Against Obi For Second Term Ambition / Implication Of Sen Melaye's Appearance In An Academic Gown.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.