Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,196 members, 7,839,072 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Pearls Of Love (episode 17) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pearls Of Love (episode 17) (331 Views)

Pearls Of Love (episode 27) / Pearls Of Love (episode 19) / Pearls Of Love (episode 18) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pearls Of Love (episode 17) by ACKCITY: 1:35pm On Mar 09, 2017
I tried talking but nothing was coming out of my mouth. I think I had been badly injured. I tried to get up but couldn’t, my head was too heavy, and I almost screamed out. I wasn't sure where I was and wanted to be sure nothing was wrong with Ann and the kids, but I couldn't move, I tried to tell Esther I needed to see Ann, but I couldn't talk and I became scared, perhaps, one of my senses have been affected. I just hoped my nervous system had not been damaged.

Somewhere I think I heard Ann sobbed, and my heart leap. Was she hurt, what about the kids. Hopefully none of them were hurt. I was able to do some reasoning but no one could hear me. Another thought ran through my head, could I be possible dead?

Maybe when someone is dead, like we see in movies, maybe they are able to see people while those people are unable to see them. I was sensing what was happening around, but no one seemed to notice me, maybe I was unconscious. Somehow I was sure I wasn’t dead.

It was with this thought that that I forced myself up. I was able to get up, but was immediately sent on my back by a sharp excruciating pain, running from my head down my spine and I saw stars everywhere. Before my eyes were shut off, I saw Ann as she knelt somewhere beside me.

'Dan ...., oh', she cried. I wanted to tell her not to cry, that I was just bothered about her and kids, but I couldn't talk.

'He'll be okay. I think he needs some rest', Esther told her.

Another doctor came, a male. I think they must have injected me with a sedative because I didn't remember any other thing until I woke up mid-day the next day.

I was kept in a room, downstairs; I guess they didn't want to take me up the stairs to avoid complications.

As I opened my eyes the first person I saw was Pat and I tried to smile to her, she was sitting just beside my head and touching my head lightly with her palm, and I heard.

'Daddy, please get well'. Somehow I knew I had to get well and leave that hospital bed, my kids needed me, and the home must have missed me too.

I was a bit relieved now that I had seen Pat and know she was alright, it was only Peter I was yet to see.

'Baby Pat', I called gently. I liked calling her that, she was my pet in the house.

'Daddy, daddy is awake', she runs out to announce.

'Mummy-Peter, daddy is awake'. She announced, and I heard steps coming towards the room. It was Ann entered first.

'Oh, thank God', I could see the relive as she planted a kiss on my cheek. I wanted to pull her to me and kiss her, but I could not. I missed her so much. One night of unconsciousness was enough. There are so many things I needed to know right there.

Peter came in and sat on the edge of bed.

"Sorry daddy".

I nodded.

Read more >>http://www.ackcitynews.com/2017/03/pearls-of-love-episode-17.html

(1) (Reply)

Beautiful But Industrious.... A Must Read For All. Ladies / Today Is My Birthday / Become Adwords Certified In Just 2 Weeks To Help Secure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.