Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Muslims, Pls Explain This - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims, Pls Explain This (1263 Views)

Explain Hajj To Your Kids (info-graph) / Can Any Peace Loving Muslims Out There Explain This? / Abuzola, Pls Explain "the Tulay Goren Story" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslims, Pls Explain This by Realtol(m): 3:33pm On Dec 16, 2009
Could you pls explain what is meant by sunnah? An old friend of mine whom we went to the same grammar sckl togenther was the one who make me to ask this question, I saw him with a full beard yesterday and this beard made him to look different to who i knew him to be, so that prompt me to ask him, what was he thinking that his beard come to be like that, and he said he was trying to abide by SUNNAH, pls what does this mean?
Re: Muslims, Pls Explain This by viaro: 4:34pm On Dec 16, 2009
The OP only asked a question about sunnah and beards. What did we read in that OP that drags allah into all those unsavoury name-calling? undecided
Re: Muslims, Pls Explain This by Realtol(m): 4:51pm On Dec 16, 2009
@viaro pls could you answer my question?
Re: Muslims, Pls Explain This by viaro: 5:17pm On Dec 16, 2009
Realtol:

@viaro pls could you answer my question?

Unfortunately, I'm not a Muslim and may not be able to answer your question satisfactorily. I would have thought that people should let others believe whatever they want to, without our deliberate attempt to ridicule what they believe.

That said, there's this Muslim friend I often chat with when a question about their faith comes up. This is what he sent me, unedited:

i've told you b4, dont suffer yourself about this if you dont gro brds. Reason why some of our ummah do it is due to certain texts both from Al-Qur'an and Hadeeth. Those who gro brds are living after the sunnah of our Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).

Al-Qur'an:

1. Ye have indeed in the Messenger of Allah an excellent exempler for him who hopes in Allah and the Final Day, and who remembers Allah - (Surah 33:21)

2. So take what the Messenger gives you, and refrain from what he prohibits you. - (Surah 59:7)

3. Say: "If ye do love Allah, Follow me: Allah will love you and forgive you your sins: For Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Surah 3:31)

Hadeeth:

Sahih Muslim, Book 2 (the Book of Purification), # 498:
Ibn Umar said: The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Trim closely the moustache, and let the beard grow

Sahih Muslim, Book 2 (the Book of Purification), # 500:
Ibn Umar said: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be opon him) said: Act against the polytheists, trim closely the moustache and grow beard.

Does the above help?

[i]Edit[/i]_________________________________________
I just saw there's a thread about the same theme on Nairaland:
Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards?
Re: Muslims, Pls Explain This by PastorAIO: 5:43pm On Dec 16, 2009
Just like the Chris Oyaks people. Venerating other humans.
Re: Muslims, Pls Explain This by muhsin(m): 5:51pm On Dec 16, 2009
viaro:

The OP only asked a question about sunnah and beards. What did we read in that OP that drags allah into all those unsavoury name-calling? undecided

Only sensible person thinks this way, while "others" are spewing rubbish.
Re: Muslims, Pls Explain This by Realtol(m): 5:59pm On Dec 16, 2009
@mushin, is growing beard is sunnah? Or should i say what is sunnah itself? (meaning)
Re: Muslims, Pls Explain This by ganny1: 8:13pm On Dec 16, 2009
let me quikly explain to you what Sunnah is. Sunnah is define as a way of practising the life of prophet Mohammed( MAY THE PEACE OF ALMIGHT ALLAH AND MERCY BE UPON HIM). Pls stop criticising the riligion. Worship on what u belief, but i know thereafter, we shall know how serve the wright God. So about Sunnah, if you want to know more about it contact nearest Arabic school, or i can still be enlighten you, if you are interested.

1 Like

Re: Muslims, Pls Explain This by Realtol(m): 11:32pm On Dec 16, 2009
@Ganny1, I would appreciate it if u can educate me more on this topic but the issue of going to arabic skl to ask about sunah, 4get it! I said this bcoz if I go they might think that i wanted to mock them and this can cause jihad (which is the last thing i would ever like in this world)
Re: Muslims, Pls Explain This by noetic15(m): 12:41am On Dec 17, 2009
muhsin:

Only sensible person thinks this way, while "others" are spewing rubbish.

I am sure the "others" have more sense than allah.
Re: Muslims, Pls Explain This by ganny1: 4:50am On Dec 17, 2009
I am not here to accuse or go against any religion, but to educate if is needed. Sunnah as aforesaid, is the practising the life of the holy prophet. But is not compulsory to practise Sunnah. Beared is not perculiar to Muslim alone or using IJAB(SCAF) to cover hair, in INDIAN majority of the people cover their hair and they are not Muslim. In LEBANON 90% of men have beared, and some are not muslim. So beared dose not determine maybe you are muslim or not. But is one of those things Mohammed( MAY THE PEACE ALMIGHTY ALLAH BE UPON HIM) practise during is life time. When you price Sunnah, you will get the reward, but when you dont practise it, you will not be punish. So, Islam is a religion of peace. In Quran state, dont Thief, dont drink Alchol, dont furnicate, love your neighbour as you love ur self. What else did we expect again. Islam in not a matter of force, worship Almight Allah is not a matter of force, as Allah to jusus christ, when Jesus was sent by Allah to deliver a message to is people. Allah told jusus he should not force is poeple to worship him. Back to prophet Moses with Pharaon, when Allah sent Moses to Pharaon to stop worshiping Idiols and accept Almighty Allah as the only creator, but Pharaon does not accept making an attept to kill Moses. At the middle of the read sea, he succumbed to accept Almight Allah but it was too late for him. Many poepel have change from christain to Muslim like Micheal Tyson. Dont feel ashame to ask me any question, we are here to educate each other.
Re: Muslims, Pls Explain This by Realtol(m): 6:37am On Dec 17, 2009
And many people have changed from muslim to christian, so why those muslim that use ijhab to cover their head thinks other are wayward, moreso if practising sunnah is copying MO' Lifestyle(do what he did and refrain 4rm what he didn't) then those sect of people are decieving themselves coz most of what they are doing mohamodu didn't Ask me what are those thing.
Re: Muslims, Pls Explain This by usisky(m): 10:36am On Dec 17, 2009
@realtol

"the truth that set men free is for the most part the truth men prefer not to hear"

thanks for your excellent question.

please,please , read everything. i took my time to put this down. i do not knw if God chose this forum to guide u or anyone, and thats why i try so hard to make ppl see the truth. luv most of ur comments.

firstly let me address your question. the "sunna" goes along with what is called "hadith". most often they infact are one and thesame.
the "sunna" in arabic simply means "way of or course of conduct". As regards muhammad, it simply means the way he lead his life as a muslim. However it must be noted that the socalled sunna of muhammad were inventions by the muslim scholars some 250yrs after the death of the prophet. he never imposed or praccticed such things reported in such books like "hadith" which reports his way of life. not all muslims believe in sacalled sunna, and those of us who do not accept it are the most hated in the community of islam. it amazes me how ppl choose to follow the words of men over the word of God(quran). the quran never imposed all this restrictions( long beards, degrading women to the level of masqurade etc.). today the muslims have become the most intolerant creatures on earth simply because they chose to follow man-made teachngs that promote violence. The quran affirms that the prophet was our parfect xmple in his conduct according to the quran. God says he abided by the quran. infact the quran forbade accepting teachings outside the quran. see verses below

"Shall I seek OTHER THAN GOD as a source of law, when He has revealed THIS BOOK FULLY DETAILED? , The word of your Lord is COMPLETE, in truth and justice. Nothing shall abrogate His words; He is the hearer, the omniscient. Yet, if you obey the majority of people, they will take you away from the path of God. That is because they follow CONJECTURE, and they fail to think." (sura An’am ch- 6, v 114-116)

"They insist upon following conjecture, when the guidance is given to them herein from their Lord." (sura At-Tur ch- 53, v 23)
How is it that those who read the Quran can’t really understand the words of GOD, from the above you can clearly see that Allah says that if you follow the majority of people, they will lead you astray, because they are not following strictly Allahs command(Quran), they follow assumptions, conjectures(Hadith), and they fail to think.

Allah prohibits the acceptance of any hadith apart from the Quran:

“Such are the signs of Allah, which We rehearse to thee in truth: then in what other Hadith(exposition) will they then believe after Allah and His signs? Woe to each sinful imposter.” (sura Jathiya ch -45, v 6-7)

"Have they not looked at the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all the things God has created? Does it ever occur to them that the end of their life may be near? Which HADITH, besides this (Quran) do they believe in?"( 7:185)

"God has revealed herein the BEST HADITH; a book that is consistent and points out both ways (to heaven and hell). The skins of those who reverence their Lord cringe therefrom, then their skins and their hearts soften up for God's message. Such is God's guidance; he bestows it upon whomever He wills. As for those sent astray by God, nothing can guide them." (39:23 )

"Let them produce a HADITH like this (Quran) if they are truthful."( 52:34 )
"Which HADITH other than this do they uphold?" (77:50 )

God forbade the prophet from uttering anything outside of the Quran, infact if he ever said anything outside the quran he will face retribbution:

“That is verily the word of an honoured messenger; it is not the word of a poet: little do you believe! Nor is it the word of soothsayer: little do you receive admonition. This is a message sent down from the Lord of the Worlds. And if the messenger were to invent sayings in our name, We should certainly seize him by his right hand, And We should certainly then cut-off the artery of his heart: Nor could any of you withhold him from our punishment.” (sura Al- Haqaat ch-69, v 40-47)

“And their purpose was to tempt you away from that which We had revealed(Quran) unto you, to substitute in Our name something quite different: (in that case) behold! They would certainly have made you(their) friend! And had We not given you strength, thou would have nearly inclined to them a little. In that case We should have made you taste double portion(of punishment) in this life, and equal portion in death: and moreover you would have found none to help you against Us!” (sura Isra ch-17, v 73-75)

pls reltol, use ur own logic here. do u think this same person(muhammad) would have done anything outside the quran. the socalled "sunna and hadith" were concocted to defame him and islam. they are transgrsssions agaist his person. let me cite some of the narrations in this scalled divine books so u be the judge if it can ever be something this xmplary person would have done. see below, i will quote from the socalled sahih(uthentic) ones, that is sahih Bukhari.

At the outset, please know that a great scholar of Islam, Ubaidullah Sindhi concedes, "I cannot teach Bukhari hadith to any youngster, or to a non-Muslim because of shame" (Preface to Ilham-ur-Rahman). Let’s explore why he said this…

Mahmood bin Rabe narrates, “I still remember when I was five years old, the Holy Prophet rinsed his mouth and then poured the water into mine” (Kitabul Ilm vol.2, hadith 77). Could the Exalted Prophet hold any human being at that level of inferiority?

Aisha said to the Prophet, “Won’t you rather graze your camel onto a tree whose leaves have not yet been grazed?” Arwa bin Zubair said that Aisha meant she was the only virgin the Prophet had married (Bukhari, Book of Nikah 3:55).

The Prophet disapproved of his companion Jabir’s plan to marry a widow and asked, "Why did you not marry a virgin so that you played with her and she played with you?" (reference same). The Holy Prophet was extremely compassionate to widows and divorced women.

After the fall of Khyber, people described the beauty of Safia Bint Hui, the new bride of a slain enemy soldier. The Prophet chose her for himself. On the way to Madina he stopped and had intercourse with her. His companions did not know if she was a wife or a concubine. Later, a veil was drawn between her and the men-folk and they came to know that she was a wife (Bukhari, Book of Sales and Book of Nikah 3:59). Elsewhere, the narrator of the wicked story states that Safia was initially given to Wahia Kulbi, but because of her beauty, the Prophet chose her for himself, and asked Wahia to pick another woman. An important reminder: The Qur'an (47:4) ordains that prisoners of war are to be freed either for ransom or as an act of kindness. There is no third option. How could the Prophet and his holy companions enslave human beings?

The Prophet said, “Bad luck, misfortune and doom can exist in a wife, a home and a horse” (Bukhari, Book of Nikah 3:60).

“After my time, the greatest tribulation for men will be women” (Bukhari, Book of Nikah 3:61).

The Prophet said to a man, "I make you the owner of this woman because you can recite some Surahs of the Qur'an" (Bukhari, Book of Nikah 3:69).

“A woman presented herself to the Prophet. He intently gazed at her from head to toe and then lowered his head” (meaning she did not interest him) (Bukhari, Book of Nikah 3:71).

Have you noted the degradation of women in the above five ahadith? Could these be the words and deeds of the Holy Prophet? The Qur’an testifies that the Exalted Prophet was the best in conduct (68:4) and a model for all mankind (33:21).

I saw that most of those entering the gate of hellfire were women (Bukhari, Book of Nikah 3:97).

"The Prophet ordered the killing of dogs (Bukhari, Beginning of Creation 2:247). Elsewhere it says the killing of all black dogs was ordered.

Note: today most muslims over the world have this natural repulsion or distastefulness when ever a dog is around them because they have been made to believe dogs are not a good companion they are dirty(Najis), and that Angels dont visit homes with dogs. But infact if you read the Quran you’ll see that Allah HIMSELF spells out the need to appreciate dogs. It is interesting to know that dogs are mentioned in the Quran 5 times, not just once, 7:176, 18:18, 18:22 (three times). NO WHERE does God call the dogs dirty animals or give any indication that they should be avoided or treated the way many Muslims think they should. Actually the story of the people of the cave, in Sura 18, gives the indication that we should appreciate them. The people of the cave, 3, 5 or 7 were mentioned in the Quran and every time God insists on letting us know that their dog was there with them. Their story can be as complete without the mention of the dog, but God did, Why ? this ppl of the cave were righteous ppl, so tell me does it mean that the angels never visit them?

there are hundreds of xmples fo draw from but let me end here. As u can see this can't be the words or deeds of the exalted messenger of God muhammad.
There are consequencies when u abandone the words of God(Quran) for the words of men(hadith and sunna).

Remember what moses commanded the jews in the "Torah(old testament)";

(Deutronomy 4:1) Hear now, O Israel, the decrees and laws I am about to teach you. Follow them so that
you may live and may go in and take possession of the land that the LORD, the God of
your fathers, is giving you.
(Deutronomy 4:2)Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract
from it, but keep the commands of the LORD your God that I give you.

however , many years after the death off moses, the jewish rabbis began to collect oral traditions falsely attributed to moses, this are called the "mishnah". later the rabbis added their commentaries called the "Gemarrah", together this book is called the "Talmud". just like the hadith and sunna. they calim without the talmud they can't understand the "torah". today the talmud takes precedence over the torah. words of men(talmud) over the words of God(torah).

But God is merciful, so he sends another prophet, Jesus with the Gospels. this is what jesus said,

(Acts 2:22)"Men of Israel, listen to me: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you
by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you
yourselves know.

here is what happened, , when the jewish scholars asked jesus why his diciples did not follow the oral traditions(mishnah).

(Mark 7: 6-13) He replied, "Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written: " 'These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men.
You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men."
And he said to them: "You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions!
For Moses said, 'Honor your father and your mother, and, 'Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death.'But
you say that if a man says to his father or mother: 'Whatever help you might otherwise
have received from me is Corban' (that is, a gift devoted to God), then you no longer
let him do anything for his father or mother. Thus you nullify the word of God by your
tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that."

their respose to jesus was to persecute him , infact they even killed him by crucifying him. just because he commanded the jews to follow the words of God and do away with the words of men. thus christianity was established.

unfortunately, soon after his death, a man named paal or Tarsus began proclaiming a very different message. That jesus "came him and was in the form of God, but emptied himself and was in the form of a servant, being born in the likeliness of men.
in other words jesus was God. pauls gospel was very different from jesus' gospel. paul taught that "jesus died for our sins, thus protecting us from the wrath of God".

in the year 325 A.D. christian scholars(priests e.t.c) convene at Nicene conference to decide what christianity was going to be like. The outcome of the meeting officially deified jesus against his will. today jesus' gospel is fragmented, thus incomplete.

they chose to follow the words of men over the words of God. if they only realised what jesus meant when he said,

(matthew 7: 21-23)"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of God, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

even when God sends the last prophet, muhammad with the Quran the same thing happened. 250 yrs after his death, they started compiling what they called the sunna and hadith, yes, they also did the same thing. fortunately the quran is still intact, and indeed the words of God. it can be proven to be words of God from all angles, but ppl rather follow the words of men. so it is upto ppl to either follow the word of God and gain his mercy or follow the words of men and gain retribution. its their choice.

note: there is a tiny jewish sect who are most hated for upholding only the words of God, just like some muslims who chose only to follow the quran. i can assure you, me following the quran alone never made me popular.

So my dear Realtol, there you have it.

plese visit the following thread, "reassessing our faiths". ppl don't wanna comment there cos it speeks the truth, pls do. i think it is on the 5 or sixth page now, i don't knw, but pls. if u need any more info on anything concerning islam or christianity, pls feel free to ask.

i just want u 2knw there is God and i can prove that scientifically to u. we don't have to follow religion blidly even when some thigs soud so illogical and absurd to us. God is not illogical, and that is why He gave us the knowledge of science so we may better know Him.
Re: Muslims, Pls Explain This by muhsin(m): 12:06pm On Dec 17, 2009
Realtol:

@mushin, is growing beard is sunnah? Or should i say what is sunnah itself? (meaning)

I see ganny1 answered this.

Realtol:

And many people have changed from muslim to christian, so why those muslim that use ijhab to cover their head thinks other are wayward, moreso if practising sunnah is copying MO' Lifestyle(do what he did and refrain 4rm what he didn't) then those sect of people are decieving themselves coz most of what they are doing mohamodu didn't Ask me what are those thing.

If you really want to get sincere response(s) from Muslims there's need for you to paraphrase your question. For at least respect to our religion. For instance, look at the bolded portion; who's MO'
Re: Muslims, Pls Explain This by muhsin(m): 12:20pm On Dec 17, 2009
noetic15:

I am sure the "others" have more sense than allah.

I am sure readers could detect who is who.

May Allah guide you to the right path, amin.
Re: Muslims, Pls Explain This by usisky(m): 12:28pm On Dec 17, 2009
@realtol

i made a post to u, but the moderators deleted it. maybe cos they afraid of the truth.
but anyways i'll repost it again. i thot wisely wen i decided to save it, cos it is really important and educating.
Re: Muslims, Pls Explain This by usisky(m): 12:28pm On Dec 17, 2009
@realtol

"the truth that set men free is for the most part the truth men prefer not to hear"

thanks for your excellent question.

please,please ,  read everything. i took my time to put this down. i do not knw if God chose this forum to guide u or anyone, and thats why i try so hard to make ppl see the truth. luv most of your comments.

firstly let me address your question. the "sunna" goes along with what is called "hadith". most often they infact are one and thesame.
the "sunna" in arabic simply means "way of or course of conduct". As regards muhammad, it simply means the way he lead his life as a muslim. However it must be noted that the socalled sunna of muhammad were inventions by the muslim scholars some 250yrs after the death of the prophet. he never imposed or praccticed such things reported in such books like "hadith" which reports his way of life. not all muslims believe in sacalled sunna, and those of us who do not accept it are the most hated in the community of islam. it amazes me how ppl choose to follow the words of men over the word of God(quran). the quran never imposed all this restrictions( long beards, degrading women to the level of masqurade etc.).  today the muslims have become the most intolerant creatures on earth simply because they chose to follow man-made teachngs that promote violence.  The quran affirms that the prophet was our parfect xmple in his conduct according to the quran. God says he abided by the quran. infact the quran forbade accepting teachings outside the quran. see verses below

"Shall I seek OTHER THAN GOD as a source of law, when He has revealed THIS BOOK FULLY DETAILED? , The word of your Lord is COMPLETE, in truth and justice. Nothing shall abrogate His words; He is the hearer, the omniscient. Yet, if you obey the majority of people, they will take you away from the path of God. That is because they follow CONJECTURE, and they fail to think." (sura  An’am ch- 6, v 114-116)

"They insist upon following conjecture, when the guidance is given to them herein from their Lord." (sura  At-Tur  ch- 53, v 23)
How  is it  that  those  who  read the Quran can’t  really  understand  the  words  of  GOD, from  the above  you  can  clearly  see  that  Allah  says  that  if  you  follow  the  majority  of  people, they  will  lead  you  astray, because  they  are  not  following  strictly  Allahs  command(Quran),  they  follow  assumptions, conjectures(Hadith), and they  fail  to  think.

Allah  prohibits  the acceptance  of  any  hadith apart  from the  Quran:

“Such  are the  signs  of  Allah,  which  We  rehearse  to  thee  in  truth:  then in what  other  Hadith(exposition)  will  they  then  believe  after  Allah  and  His signs?  Woe to  each  sinful  imposter.”  (sura   Jathiya   ch -45, v 6-7)

"Have they not looked at the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all the things God has created? Does it ever occur to them that the end of their life may be near? Which HADITH, besides this (Quran) do they believe in?"( 7:185)

"God has revealed herein the BEST HADITH; a book that is consistent and points out both ways (to heaven and hell). The skins of those who reverence their Lord cringe therefrom, then their skins and their hearts soften up for God's message. Such is God's guidance; he bestows it upon whomever He wills. As for those sent astray by God, nothing can guide them." (39:23 )

God  forbade the  prophet  from  uttering  anything  outside  of  the  Quran, infact if he ever said anything outside the quran he will face retribbution:

“That  is verily  the word  of  an  honoured  messenger;  it  is  not the word  of  a poet: little  do  you  believe!  Nor  is  it  the  word  of  soothsayer:  little  do  you  receive  admonition. This  is  a  message  sent  down  from  the  Lord  of  the Worlds. And  if  the  messenger  were to  invent  sayings  in  our  name, We should  certainly  seize  him  by  his  right hand, And  We  should certainly  then  cut-off  the  artery  of  his  heart:  Nor  could  any  of  you  withhold  him  from  our  punishment.” (sura  Al- Haqaat  ch-69, v 40-47)

“And  their  purpose  was  to  tempt  you  away  from  that  which  We  had  revealed(Quran)  unto  you,  to  substitute  in  Our  name  something  quite  different: (in  that  case) behold!  They  would  certainly  have  made  you(their)  friend!  And  had  We  not  given  you  strength, thou  would  have  nearly  inclined  to  them  a little. In  that  case  We  should  have  made  you  taste  double  portion(of  punishment)  in this  life,  and  equal  portion  in  death:  and  moreover  you  would  have  found  none  to  help  you  against  Us!” (sura  Isra  ch-17, v  73-75)

pls reltol, use your own logic here. do u think this same person(muhammad) would have done anything outside the quran. the socalled "sunna and hadith" were concocted to defame him and islam. they are transgrsssions agaist his person.  let me cite some of the narrations in this scalled divine books so u be the judge if it can ever be something this xmplary person would have done. see below, i will quote from the socalled sahih(uthentic) ones, that is  sahih Bukhari.

At the outset, please know that a great scholar of Islam, Ubaidullah Sindhi concedes, "I cannot teach Bukhari hadith to any youngster, or to a non-Muslim because of shame" (Preface to Ilham-your-Rahman). Let’s explore why he said this…

Mahmood bin Rabe narrates, “I still remember when I was five years old, the Holy Prophet rinsed his mouth and then poured the water into mine” (Kitabul Ilm vol.2, hadith 77). Could the Exalted Prophet hold any human being at that level of inferiority?

Aisha said to the Prophet, “Won’t you rather graze your camel onto a tree whose leaves have not yet been grazed?” Arwa bin Zubair said that Aisha meant she was the only virgin the Prophet had married (Bukhari, Book of Nikah 3:55).

The Prophet disapproved of his companion Jabir’s plan to marry a widow and asked, "Why did you not marry a virgin so that you played with her and she played with you?" (reference same). The Holy Prophet was extremely compassionate to widows and divorced women.

After the fall of Khyber, people described the beauty of Safia Bint Hui, the new bride of a slain enemy soldier. The Prophet chose her for himself. On the way to Madina he stopped and had intercourse with her. His companions did not know if she was a wife or a concubine. Later, a veil was drawn between her and the men-folk and they came to know that she was a wife (Bukhari, Book of Sales and Book of Nikah 3:59). Elsewhere, the narrator of the wicked story states that Safia was initially given to Wahia Kulbi, but because of her beauty, the Prophet chose her for himself, and asked Wahia to pick another woman. An important reminder: The Qur'an (47:4) ordains that prisoners of war are to be freed either for ransom or as an act of kindness. There is no third option. How could the Prophet and his holy companions enslave human beings?

The Prophet said, “Bad luck, misfortune and doom can exist in a wife, a home and a horse” (Bukhari, Book of Nikah 3:60).

“After my time, the greatest tribulation for men will be women” (Bukhari, Book of Nikah 3:61).

The Prophet said to a man, "I make you the owner of this woman because you can recite some Surahs of the Qur'an" (Bukhari, Book of Nikah 3:69).

“A woman presented herself to the Prophet. He intently gazed at her from head to toe and then lowered his head” (meaning she did not interest him) (Bukhari, Book of Nikah 3:71).

Have you noted the degradation of women in the above five ahadith? Could these be the words and deeds of the Holy Prophet? The Qur’an testifies that the Exalted Prophet was the best in conduct (68:4) and a model for all mankind (33:21).

I saw that most of those entering the gate of hellfire were women (Bukhari, Book of Nikah 3:97).

"The Prophet ordered the killing of dogs (Bukhari, Beginning of Creation 2:247). Elsewhere it says the killing of all black dogs was ordered.

Note:  today  most  muslims over the world have  this  natural repulsion  or  distastefulness when ever  a  dog  is  around  them  because  they  have  been  made  to  believe  dogs  are  not a good companion they  are  dirty(Najis), and that Angels dont visit homes with dogs. But  infact  if  you read  the  Quran  you’ll  see  that  Allah  HIMSELF  spells  out  the need  to  appreciate dogs. It is interesting to know that dogs are mentioned in the Quran 5 times, not just once, 7:176, 18:18, 18:22 (three times). NO WHERE does God call the dogs dirty animals or give any indication that they should be avoided or treated the way many Muslims think they should. Actually the story of the people of the cave, in Sura 18, gives the indication that we should appreciate them.  The people of the cave, 3, 5 or 7 were mentioned in the Quran and every time God insists on letting us know that their dog was there with them. Their story can be as complete without the mention of the dog, but God did, Why ? this ppl of the cave were righteous ppl, so tell  me does it mean that the angels never visit them?

there are hundreds of xmples fo draw from but let me end here. As u can see this can't be the words or deeds of the exalted messenger of God muhammad.
There are consequencies when u abandone the words of God(Quran) for the words of men(hadith and sunna). 

Remember what moses commanded the jews in the "Torah(old testament)";

(Deutronomy 4:1) Hear now, O Israel, the decrees and laws I am about to teach you. Follow them so that
you may live and may go in and take possession of the land that the LORD, the God of
your fathers, is giving you.
(Deutronomy 4:2)Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract
from it, but keep the commands of the LORD your God that I give you.

however , many years after the death off moses, the jewish rabbis began to collect oral traditions falsely attributed to moses, this are called the "mishnah".  later the rabbis added their commentaries called the "Gemarrah", together this book is called the "Talmud". just like the hadith and sunna.  they calim without the talmud they can't understand the "torah". today the talmud takes precedence over the torah.  words of men(talmud) over the words of God(torah).

But God is merciful, so he sends another prophet,   Jesus  with the Gospels.  this is what jesus said, ,

(Acts 2:22)"Men of Israel, listen to me: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you
by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you
yourselves know.

here is what happened, ,  when the jewish scholars asked jesus why his diciples did not follow the oral traditions(mishnah).

(Mark  7: 6-13) He replied, "Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written: " 'These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men.
You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men."
And he said to them: "You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions!
For Moses said, 'Honor your father and your mother, and, 'Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death.'But
you say that if a man says to his father or mother: 'Whatever help you might otherwise
have received from me is Corban' (that is, a gift devoted to God), then you no longer
let him do anything for his father or mother. Thus you nullify the word of God by your
tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that."

their respose to jesus was to persecute him , infact they even killed him by crucifying him. just because he commanded the jews to follow the words of God and do away with the words of men. thus christianity was established.

unfortunately, soon after his death, a man named paal or Tarsus began proclaiming a very different message. That jesus "came him and was in the form of God, but emptied himself and was in the form of a servant, being born in the likeliness of men.
in other words jesus was God. pauls gospel was very different from jesus' gospel. paul taught that "jesus died for our sins, thus protecting us from the wrath of God".

in the year 325 A.D.  christian scholars(priests  e.t.c) convene at Nicene conference to decide what christianity was going to be like. The outcome of the meeting officially deified jesus against his will.  today jesus' gospel is fragmented, thus incomplete.

they chose to follow the words of men over the words of God. if they only realised what jesus meant when he said,

(matthew 7: 21-23)"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of God, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

even when God sends the last prophet, muhammad with the Quran the same thing happened. 250 yrs after his death, they started compiling what they called the sunna and hadith,  yes,  they also did the same thing.  fortunately the quran is still intact, and indeed the words of God. it can be proven to be words of God from all angles, but ppl rather follow the words of men. so it is upto ppl to either follow the word of God and gain his mercy or follow the words of men and gain retribution. its their choice.

note: there is a tiny jewish sect who are most hated for upholding only the words of God, just like some muslims who chose only to follow the quran. i can assure you, me following the quran alone never made me popular.

So my dear Realtol, there you have it.

plese visit the following thread, "reassessing our faiths".  ppl don't wanna comment there cos it speeks the truth, pls do.  i think it is on the 5 or sixth page now, i don't knw, but pls. if u need any more info on anything concerning islam or christianity, pls feel free to ask.

i just want u 2knw there is God and i can prove that scientifically to u. we don't have to follow religion blidly even when some thigs soud so illogical and absurd to us. God is not illogical, and that is why He gave us the knowledge of science so we may better know Him.
Re: Muslims, Pls Explain This by Realtol(m): 1:12pm On Dec 17, 2009
Thanks Usisky your post is educative and interesting but what about killing Non Muslim? We all know during the time of Muhamhed (SAW) the main profession was war that's why he fought those wars he fought but thank God we are no more in that era again but some Muslim still thinks killing is their Visa to aljana is tha sunnah too?
Re: Muslims, Pls Explain This by olabowale(m): 2:37pm On Dec 17, 2009
@Usisky: Please, tell me outside Sunna and Hadith, how many rakah is salatul Subr, Salatul Duhr, Salatul Asr, Salatul Magrib, and oh Salatul Isha?

Later I will ask you about Salatul Qiyam/Tahajjud, and even Witr, Salatul Id Fitr, Id Adha! Thats only in Salah. The rakah and the manasset (process) are not explained in the Quran, you know.
Re: Muslims, Pls Explain This by Realtol(m): 2:59pm On Dec 17, 2009
@Olabowale why can't you go and start that thread somewhere else, or don't you think it can derail this one? Pls and pls go and start it somewhere if u can't contribute when we are talking about Sunnnah? Moreso i've left something 4 u on the other threads.
Re: Muslims, Pls Explain This by muhsin(m): 4:08pm On Dec 17, 2009
olabowale:

@Usisky: Please, tell me outside Sunna and Hadith, how many rakah is salatul Subr, Salatul Duhr, Salatul Asr, Salatul Magrib, and oh Salatul Isha?

Later I will ask you about Salatul Qiyam/Tahajjud, and even Witr, Salatul Id Fitr, Id Adha! Thats only in Salah. The rakah and the manasset (process) are not explained in the Quran, you know.

Mhn. . .leave that guy, Olabowale. I asked him similar questions on Hadeeth thread earlier today but he is yet to respond.
Re: Muslims, Pls Explain This by olabowale(m): 4:22pm On Dec 17, 2009
"Shall I seek OTHER THAN GOD as a source of law, when He has revealed THIS BOOK FULLY DETAILED? , The word of your Lord is COMPLETE, in truth and justice. Nothing shall abrogate His words; He is the hearer, the omniscient. Yet, if you obey the majority of people, they will take you away from the path of God. That is because they follow CONJECTURE, and they fail to think." (sura  An’am ch- 6, v 114-116)
Is there a way to know the meaning of Quran, except the verse(s) were explained by Muhammad (AS)? If he was not an explaniner of the Quran, how did you know that you have to make Duhr at its time and its for 4 rakah? Allah says Obey Allah and His Messenger (Muhammad AS). Oh my brother who rejects ahadith but only follow Quran, please help me to understand the part that says "and His Messenger." Below is the Tafsir of Verses 114 to 116 of Surah An Am. Where is the disagreement with the Verses and the Tafsir?

Tafsir al-Jalalayn

6:114: Sahih International
[Say], "Then is it other than Allah I should seek as judge while it is He who has revealed to you the Book explained in detail?" And those to whom We [previously] gave the Scripture know that it is sent down from your Lord in truth, so never be among the doubters.

Tafsir al-Jalalayn
The following was revealed when they asked the Prophet (s) to appoint an arbiter between him and themselves. Say: Shall I seek, demand, other than God as a judge, an arbiter between you and me, when it is He Who revealed to you the Book, the Qur’ān, clearly explained?, wherein truth is distinguished from falsehood. Those to whom We have given the Scripture, the Torah, the likes of ‘Abd Allāh b. Salām and his companions, know that it is revealed (read munzal or munazzal) from your Lord in truth; so do not be of the waverers, the doubters, regarding it: this is intended to affirm to the disbelievers that it is the truth.

6:115: Sahih International
And the word of your Lord has been fulfilled in truth and in justice. None can alter His words, and He is the Hearing, the Knowing.

Tafsir al-Jalalayn
Perfected is the word of your Lord, in the way of rulings and appointed terms, in truthfulness and justice (sidqan wa-‘adlan is for specification); none can change His words, either by contravening [His rulings] or evading [His appointed terms]. He is the Hearing, of what is said, the Knowing, of what is done.

6:116: Sahih International
And if you obey most of those upon the earth, they will mislead you from the way of Allah . They follow not except assumption, and they are not but falsifying.

Tafsir al-Jalalayn
If you obey most of those on earth, that is, the disbelievers, they will lead you astray from the way of God, [from] His religion; they follow only supposition, when they dispute with you concerning [the status of] carrion, saying: ‘What God has killed is more worthy of your consumption than what you kill yourselves!’; they are merely guessing, speaking falsehood in this [matter].

[quoteHow  is it  that  those  who  read the Quran can’t  really  understand  the  words  of  GOD, from  the above  you  can  clearly  see  that  Allah  says  that  if  you  follow  the  majority  of  people, they  will  lead  you  astray, because  they  are  not  following  strictly  Allahs  command(Quran),  they  follow  assumptions, conjectures(Hadith), and they  fail  to  think.
[/quote]Are muslims the larger population at anytime from when Quran was revealed: Muslims today number just 1.5 Billion, while the whole mankind at this time is over 6 Billion. GI figure.

[quote]Allah  prohibits  the acceptance  of  any  hadith apart  from the  Quran:
Does Allah say in the Quran, Obey Allah and Obey Muhammad? Does Allah say in the Quran take what Muhammad gives you and reject what he forbids you. Does Allah say in the Quran follow Muhammad and Allah will love you and forgive you and make your affairs easy? When Muhammad says make 2 Rakah for Salatul Subr, why dont you reject it and tell me where you get it in the Quran, while you are explaining or disproving all I said of the Quran about Muhammad, except that you do not truly believe in the Quran. For a person who accept Quran will accept the ahadith that agree with Quran as coming from Muhammad, and reject any weak or non ahadith that are labelled ahadith!

“Such  are the  signs  of  Allah,  which  We  rehearse  to  thee  in  truth:  then in what  other  Hadith(exposition)  will  they  then  believe  after  Allah  and  His signs?  Woe to  each  sinful  imposter.”  (sura   Jathiya   ch -45, v 6-7)
Is Muhammad (AS) not a sign, even before his birth, and specifically in his prophethood? Did Muhammad not preach the signs of Allah, as just One to those pagans of 360  gods? Do you say things out of ignorance?

45:6: Sahih International
These are the verses of Allah which We recite to you in truth. Then in what statement after Allah and His verses will they believe?

Tafsir al-Jalalayn
These, mentioned signs, are the signs of God, the proofs of His that indicate His Oneness, which We recite, relate, to you with truth (bi’l-haqqi is semantically connected to natlū, ‘We recite’). So in what [kind of] discourse then, after God, that is to say, [after] His discourse, namely, the Qur’ān, and His signs, His definitive arguments, will they, that is, the disbelievers of Mecca, believe? In other words: they will not believe [in anything] (a variant reading [for yu’minūna, ‘they believe’] has tu’minūna, ‘you believe’).

45:7: Sahih International
Woe to every sinful liar

Tafsir al-Jalalayn
Woe (waylun is an expression implying chastisement) to every sinful liar,

Are the Muslims who are in doubt of Allah's Magesty? Oh, Usisky, Takillah!

7:185: Sahih International
Do they not look into the realm of the heavens and the earth and everything that Allah has created and [think] that perhaps their appointed time has come near? So in what statement hereafter will they believe?

Tafsir al-Jalalayn
And have they not reflected upon the dominion, the kingdom (malakūt is mulk) of the heaven and of the earth, and, upon, what things God has created (min shay’in is an explication of the preceding mā, ‘what’), so that they are able to infer the power of their Creator and His Oneness, and, upon, that, [upon] the fact that, it may be that their term is already near, so that they might hasten to believe, lest they die as disbelievers and move towards the Fire? In what fact then after this, that is, the Qur’ān, will they believe?

Are not the Muslims who preserve the Quran and try hard to follow it? Are you saying Abu Bakr (RA) did not follow this very verse? Or was it Umar? Or Uthman? Or Ali bin AbiTalib?

39:23: Sahih International
Allah has sent down the best statement: a consistent Book wherein is reiteration. The skins shiver therefrom of those who fear their Lord; then their skins and their hearts relax at the remembrance of Allah . That is the guidance of Allah by which He guides whom He wills. And one whom Allah leaves astray - for him there is no guide.

Tafsir al-Jalalayn
God has revealed the best of discourses, a Book (kitāban, substitutes for ahsana, ‘the best’) namely, a Qur’ān, consimilar, in other words, some of its parts are similar to others in terms of [their] arrangement and otherwise, in coupled phrases — [a Book] in which the Promise [of reward] is coupled with the Threat [of punishment], together with other such [couplings] — whereat quiver, at the mention of whose Threat shiver, the skins of those who fear their Lord; then their skins and their hearts soften to, they are reassured by, the remembrance of God, that is, at the mention of His Promise. That, Book, is God’s guidance, by which He guides whomever He will, of His servants; and whomever God leads astray, for him there is no guide.

52:34: Sahih International
Then let them produce a statement like it, if they should be truthful.

Tafsir al-Jalalayn
Then let them bring a, concocted, discourse like it, if they are truthful, in what they say.

77:50: Sahih International
Then in what statement after the Qur'an will they believe?

Tafsir al-Jalalayn
In what discourse, then, after this, namely, the Qur’ān, will they believe? In other words, they cannot believe in any other of God’s Scriptures after having denied this [Qur’ān], since it comprises that inimitability (i‘jāz) which none of the others do.

God  forbade the  prophet  from  uttering  anything  outside  of  the  Quran, infact if he ever said anything outside the quran he will face retribbution:
As I have said, hadith that explains the Quran is not outside the Quran. Hadith is the saying of Prophet Muhammad (AS), which are explanation of the Quran.

“That  is verily  the word  of  an  honoured  messenger;  it  is  not the word  of  a poet: little  do  you  believe!  Nor  is  it  the  word  of  soothsayer:  little  do  you  receive  admonition. This  is  a  message  sent  down  from  the  Lord  of  the Worlds. And  if  the  messenger  were to  invent  sayings  in  our  name, We should  certainly  seize  him  by  his  right hand, And  We  should certainly  then  cut-off  the  artery  of  his  heart:  Nor  could  any  of  you  withhold  him  from  our  punishment.” (sura  Al- Haqaat  ch-69, v 40-47)
The bolded explain all that needs to be explained do I will spare you of the Tafsir! If you say what Muhammad said of this religion is in line with what Allah says of the above verse, then you need to go and search for authentic hadith and stop rejecting ahadith that came from Muhammmad. Do you know better or it is Muhammad who knows best, among mankind?

And  their  purpose  was  to  tempt  you  away  from  that  which  We  had  revealed(Quran)  unto  you,  to  substitute  in  Our  name  something  quite  different: (in  that  case) behold!  They  would  certainly  have  made  you(their)  friend!  And  had  We  not  given  you  strength, thou  would  have  nearly  inclined  to  them  a little. In  that  case  We  should  have  made  you  taste  double  portion(of  punishment)  in this  life,  and  equal  portion  in  death:  and  moreover  you  would  have  found  none  to  help  you  against  Us!” (sura  Isra  ch-17, v  73-75)
This whole verse goes against your believe that true muslims are going against Allah, and or ahadith and or sunna is incongruent/against Quran. You need to reconcile this yourself!

The other thing is that this verse kills the idea that Islam, Quran, has anything to do with Paganism, Judaism, Christianity! Noting is further from the real truth. And if Muhammad (AS) had said Allah has a son or a daughter or 3 daughters. the above would have been the consequence of it!
Re: Muslims, Pls Explain This by Realtol(m): 6:48pm On Dec 17, 2009
@olabowale kini problem e gan bobo yii? Go and start that somewhere else don't derail this thread by ur dilly dally act or you want me to derail you?
Re: Muslims, Pls Explain This by usisky(m): 11:08am On Dec 18, 2009
@olabowale &
@muhsin

God says the quran has been made easy to understand for those fo us who choose to learn. where did God ever say the prophet is the one to xplain the Quran. i have cited on and on xmples, but u still can't see the truth. everyone knows that as one generation succeeds another, our way of thinking and intelligence increases. yet we choose to take the "tafsirs"(explanations of Quran) of ppl of old(centuries ago) over Gods'. u guys be honest, have u ever tried using your own mind and brains to understanding the quran yourselves?  see below, so emphatic that God repeated it several times.

[54:17]  We made the Quran easy to learn. Does any of you wish to learn?
[54:22]  We made the Quran easy to learn. Does any of you wish to learn?
[54:32]  We made the Quran easy to learn. Does any of you wish to learn?
[54:40]  We made the Quran easy to learn. Does any of you wish to learn?

u say if u don't follow the hadith u can't know how to observe the duties of islam, right.  it's clear that ppl don't blive God when he says the quran is complete and detailed, and that He had made it easy for all to understand. i have already given the respose to your question to one of the threads, but i'll put it below. however, we must knw that the hadith and sunna where fabrications attributed to our beloved prophet. some centuries after his death is when all this collection of oral traditions started. his immediate followers were pious ppl, they were never the ones who fabricated such blasphemies. in one of the thread, i highlighted the problems with the socalled "sahih hadiths".  the reports in the hadiths have made millions of muslims in world today idolize muhammad muhammad agaist his will. i will cite one example to u b4 i post the answer.
As u know the shahadaah(proclaiming faith) is mentioned in the quran, and there is no mention of muhammads name alongside Gods'. but a certain hadith by "abu huraiara" narrated how he, abu huraira was given the shahadaah by the apostle. today even in their prayers, the muslim can't help but also call muhammads name(in azhan and in the sitting position), they do not realise that this is flagrant idolatry. see verses of shahadaah.
the quran xpalains why the jews,christians and the muslims follow the word of men instead of Gods' see below,

Fabrications by the Prophet's Enemies

[6:112]  We have permitted the enemies of every prophet - human and jinn devils - to inspire in each other fancy words, in order to deceive. Had your Lord willed, they would not have done it. You shall disregard them and their fabrications.

no matter how beautiful a hadith is, is still don't matter, cos God says the Quran is complete and detailed. therefore we should not accept any other source as a reigious law.

The Most Important Commandment

[3:18]  GOD bears witness that there is no god except He(Laa Elaaha Ell Allah), and so do the angels and those who possess knowledge. Truthfully and equitably, He is the absolute god; there is no god but He, the Almighty, Most Wise.

One God/One Message/One Religion

[21:25]  We did not send any messenger before you(muhammad) except with the inspiration: "There is no god except Me(Laa Elaah Ell Allah); you shall worship Me alone."

The hypocrites are the ones that say muhammad is the messenger of God, God knnows he is His messenger and do not need for us to keep reminding Him.

[63:1]  When the hypocrites come to you they say, "We bear witness that you are the messenger of GOD( rasool Ell Allah)."GOD knows that you are His messenger, and GOD bears witness that the hypocrites are liars.

When God says He is the one who teaches the quran, this is what He means. as u can see there is not part on the quran where u see God put a name besides His name. No human creature should be put near God not even in our dreams. check out the following verses.

[72:18]  The places of worship(masjid) belong to GOD; do not call on anyone else beside GOD.

but do the muslims really follow this. how they have been decieved by the hadith(satan). God says the only unforgivable sin is shirk(idolatry), so we think satan is not aware of this. if satan was able to trick adam and eve, who despite in contact with God, yet fell victim of his deceptions. who then do we think we are to be immune from his might. satan knows going against God is infact idolatry. he tricked the christians and the muslims, and all other religions for that matter.

see my response to zayhal, when she asked the same question as yours. i have not completed it. see below

@zayhal

peace to you!

firstly i'd like to knw if u are a muslim or a non-muslim.
but my guess is that u are a muslim, cos the question u put forth with no offense, is the same question most ignorant muslims raise when ever u show them the verses where God tells us that the quran is complete and fully detailed and as such we should not find any other source outside of it.
pardon me, but the truth is, the reason all this muslims don't understand the quran is cos they don't really believe those verses. God says in the Quran the moment you habor any doubt about any verse in the quran, then u'll never have access to understanding it. there u have it, thats the reson millions of muslims have derailed from the teachings of quran.
before i answer your question let me cite the following verses,

[6:38]  All the creatures on earth, and all the birds that fly with wings, are communities like you. We did not leave anything out of this book. To their Lord, all these creatures will be summoned.

[6:114]  Shall I seek other than GOD as a source of law, when He has revealed to you this book fully detailed? Those who received the scripture recognize that it has been revealed from your Lord, truthfully. You shall not harbor any doubt.

[18:57]  Who are more evil than those who are reminded of their Lord's proofs, then disregard them, without realizing what they are doing. Consequently, we place shields on their hearts to prevent them from understanding it (the Quran), and deafness in their ears. Thus, no matter what you do to guide them, they can never ever be guided.

plesase remember these are the words of God,the all mighty, all knowing. the greatest teacher of all.

Muhammad Forbidden from Explaining the Quran

[75:16]  Do not move your tongue to hasten it.
[75:17]  It is we who will collect it into Quran.
[75:18]  Once we recite it, you shall follow such a Quran.
[75:19]  Then it is we who will explain it.

As u can see the explanation of the quran is by God himself. there is a verse whre God says all those who believe should wake up during part of the night and read the Qur'an and  He God will give them the understanding of the Quran. i don't have the verse as am writting now, but i'll go thru the quran to find it and give it to u.
the xplanation of the quran is by God himself , this makes much sense because the wisdom and miraclous nature of the quran is perpetual, and not confined to a certain time. this xplains why things like the big-bag theory, the embryological stages, the invisible barrier btw salt and sweet water, and ultimately the mathematical coding of the quran where all discovered only when our level of thinking has developed well enough to understand them.
unfortunately the muslims have been decieved into thinking the quran is hard to understand, but easy if u consider the hadith and the tafsirs. however God said he maid it easy for all to understand. tell me, is it God u believe or the scholars who added innovations to the religion some centuries  after the death of the prophet and are still doing so till date.

i swear by God the Quran is self explanatory. i am a scientist(engineer), and i believe in rational thinking(logic). thats why God made science the peak of human knowledge, so we may use it to better know him. unfortunately ppl take-in to different absurdities that defy common sense. they believe the illogicalities that are said to render the explantions to the quran.

Now let me address your Question,   if u read the quran carefully and intelligently, u'll agree with the following.

firstly God said the founder of islam is Abraham, this is strongly expressed even so that God commanded muhammad to follow the religion of Abraham, that is islam. Abraham is the founder of islam, contrary to what the majority of muslims knw. God throuhg out quran calls islam the religion of Abraham.

[2:130]  Who would forsake the religion of Abraham, except one who fools his own soul? We have chosen him in this world, and in the Hereafter he will be with the righteous.

Submission (Islam): Abraham's Religion

[2:135]  They said, "You have to be Jewish or Christian, to be guided." Say, "We follow the religion of Abraham - monotheism - he never was an idol worshiper."

[3:95]  Say, "GOD has proclaimed the truth: You shall follow Abraham's religion - monotheism. He never was an idolater."

Abraham: Original Messenger of Islam

[4:125]  Who is better guided in his religion than one who submits totally to GOD, leads a righteous life, according to the creed of Abraham: monotheism? GOD has chosen Abraham as a beloved friend.

[6:161]  Say, "My Lord has guided me in a straight path - the perfect religion of Abraham, monotheism. He never was an idol worshiper."

[12:37]  He said, "If any food is provided to you, I can inform you about it before you receive it. This is some of the knowledge bestowed upon me by my Lord. I have forsaken the religion of people who do not believe in GOD, and with regard to the Hereafter, they are really disbelievers.
[12:38]  "And I followed instead the religion of my ancestors, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. We never set up any idols beside GOD. Such is the blessing from GOD upon us and upon the people, but most people are unappreciative.

Muhammad: A Follower of Abraham

[16:123]  Then we inspired you (Muhammad) to follow the religion of Abraham, the monotheist; he never was an idol worshiper.

The question any intelligent muslim or any person for tha matter should ask is; if Abraham is the founder of islam and muhammad is following is religion, then what practices did he contribute to islam?.  God lets us know in the quran that all rreligious duties(salaat,zakkat,hajj and so on) was handed to us via Abraham.

Abraham: Delivered All
     Religious Duties of Submission (Islam)

[21:72]  And we granted him Isaac and Jacob as a gift, and we made them both righteous.
[21:73]  We made them imams who guided in accordance with our commandments, and we taught them how to work righteousness, and how to observe the Contact Prayers (Salat) and the obligatory charity (Zakat).To us, they were devoted worshipers.

[22:78]  You shall strive for the cause of GOD as you should strive for His cause. He has chosen you and has placed no hardship on you in practicing your religion - the religion of your father Abraham. He is the one who named you "Submitters" originally. Thus, the messenger shall serve as a witness among you, and you shall serve as witnesses among the people. Therefore, you shall observe the Contact Prayers (Salat) and give the obligatory charity (Zakat), and hold fast to GOD; He is your Lord, the best Lord and the best Supporter.

now u see why God never mentioned the way the contact prayers(sallat) is observed in the Quran. that is because the ppl of muhammad then did perform salaat, but they added innovations to it and they also added idolatary(shirk) by praying to God through such gods as; allat and manat, which were mentioned in the quran. however; anytime religion is been corrupted, God always sends a messenger to correct the ppls ways. thats what God did also in muhammad's case. if u look at Qura'an those parts that were corrected are mentioned. the corrections such as; ablution, no other entity should be mensioned in the presence of God, salaat(contact prayer) should not be in silence, all these are mensioned in the Quran. unfortunately the muslims do not follow, because the socalled hadith has obsecured their way of thinking, and they rather follow obey the words of men over the words of God.

And thats why u see in the very earliest suras,God commands the prophet to observe the salaat. so u see, it has been a tradition, so there was no need teaching something u already knw. but corrections where made. however go to the hadith, u will see the multiple fake account given there. an incident whre the prophet bargained with God over the units of the sallaat. As if God is not omnipotent and omniscient like we always sing. ppl dont know the meaning of this words.

let me give u a clear example;  how does a yoruba native know his culture?  does it have to be documented in book before he knows his culture?  of course not!  it is a tradition that has been passed down from generation to generation. similarly the salaat was very much the same. it is just like us today, we learn the salaat cos we met our parents doing it.

all the names of the salaat were mentiond in the Quran and also the specific times to observe them. i will give u that soon. for now see the following corruptions in the islam today.

1)adding muhammads name to the shadaat(proclamation of faith)
1)saying sallat in silence in the two noon salaat
3)wrong ablution

sorry i'll complete lata. got to go now
Re: Muslims, Pls Explain This by usisky(m): 11:42am On Dec 18, 2009
@reltol

u said the prophet muhammds' occupation was fighting wars during his era. also u said that era is over, so are the muslims still advocate war.

i will give u a clear answer later, citing the necessary Qur'anic verses. since God is the ultimate judge and witness to all events before and after us.

for now just know that the prophet never was the agressor. when he was persecuted and when his ppl plotted to assasinate him, what he did was to migrate away from his city mecca to medina just to avoid war. u see, if he loved war the way u said it, he would'nt have migrated in order for peace to reign. howeve let me ask u this question. if someone came to your home and try to take all ur property and even ur home and threatens ur life, tell me what will u do?

will u just sit back and say, take as much of my stuff as u can, even my home too? or would u put up a resistance?

i am quite sure the second option will be most appropriate, especially if other ppls lives are endangered as well. that's what God odered the prophet to do in the quran, but He also said if the ppl refrained from their opression then mercy should be granted.
will complete later!
Re: Muslims, Pls Explain This by Realtol(m): 12:10pm On Dec 18, 2009
I didn't say muhamhed profession was war but during his lifetime prevalent ocupation was war(u didn't get the deep meaning of my sentence). U said muhamhed was never aggresor but those agresive muslim who are they follow on being aggresive? Let me give u a clear picture some years back a painter paint the image of muhamhed in Denmark and a lot of christian were killed in north, with the example u gave that if a man comes to my house and assaut me, does that mean that those christian deserve to be put to death for something which was done in denmark by non christian even muhamhed said that if a man said that he sees him, that person is not lying coz satan can't possess his image, and the boko aram guy yusuf who commited his life to killing xtian, Osama bin ladden who killed innocent soul in 911 are those people who died have attack them in anyway? Think boy! Think!
Re: Muslims, Pls Explain This by Realtol(m): 12:16pm On Dec 18, 2009
@Usisky. Moreso you said Muhamhed migrated from mecca to medina for peace to reign in other word he averted and avoid war, why can't muslim follow this good example but always impaired by their judgement of the event.
Re: Muslims, Pls Explain This by usisky(m): 4:49pm On Dec 18, 2009
@realtol

sorry i never made my point clearer. its cos i was busy somehow, !

i get your point now. the truth is, the crime this ppl commit in the name of islam, really has nothing to do with islam or the prophet muhammad(SAW).
islam advocates peace in all edeavors, the quran is my judge. when ever the quran talks of slaying the disbelievers, it really refers to those who were at war with the prophet during his time. he migrated to medina to avoid war, but his persecutors still wanted to battle him, and thats why he was ordered to put up a resistance. i can't immagine someone sending me out of my humble abode, then i go find some place else to stay and yet he still wants to opress me and then i remain silent; even when i have no where else to turn to.its done no where like that.

secondly, the boko-haram, bin laden and their likes, have no justification what so ever for the crimes they commit against humanity. i am i no way in support of such actions. God says in the Quran, "if anyone kills another person, it is as though he has killed the whole of humanity; and if anyone saves the life another, it is as though he has saved the whole of humanity".   that is how much God wants us to value the human life.

thirdly, i don't think  all muslims should be labelled as evil or terrorist just because of the actions of a few bad ones. take the example of Hiltler; Hitler committed the most heinous crime against humanity. he incinerated about two million jews. Hitler was a christian; should all christians be labelled as tyrants because of hitlers crime? no.

lastly, i don't support bin laden in anyway but; the socalled 9/11 was never by bin laden or al-qaidah.  the American government was responsible. i knw what u are thinking, ! but thats the truth. remember the video shown by CNN , where bin laden supposedly was confessing to the crime! if u look at that video, bin laden is shown writting witting with his right hand, while everyone knows that bin laden is infact left handed. the character in that video is a bit chunky than bin laden. Al-jazeera ntwk showed another video where bin laden is actually denying involvement, infact he was ill at the time. u may not blive me , but go to the internet(youtube.com) and  type 9/11 evidence. in the video that u'll watch u'll see an american conspiracy theorist proving beyond doubt that the 9/11 was staged by the americans. further more; go to the FBI website and look-up the top most wanted ppl, u'll see bin laden listed number one and all the crime he commited. all the crimes named including blowing up american embassy in 1998, but ironically nothing on 9/11. when the FBI was pressed as to why it wasn't included; they said they didn't have enough evidence that it was bin laden. but here u have the media saying other wise. but howmany ppl would blive this? jsut like they argue blidly in religion with no fact at all. waanna no more? visit (www.alexjones.com    , www.fora.tv).
why would the american goverrnment do that u may ask?  it is not easy to remain the worlds number one super power!!!!

u may wonder how come i knw all these; well i have been a student of conspiracy theory for a while now, and i knw nothing happens in this world for no reason. thats the law of the cosmos. lets just say i try my best to do my home work as best as i can, along the way God also blesses me.

i know i have gone off point, but what da heck, its just for the fun of it. so let me even give u one more heavy blow.

have u ever wondered why there are so many diseases, new ones and old ones which is claimed to have no cure. i will give the answer plus proof, so that u knw that wen i argue wit all this ppl, its not cos i am jobless ,but cos the truth is not easy to come by.

(cancer & hiv): for more than 100 yrs now, cancer has been killing millions of ppl and yet has no cure. this inspite of the technological advaancement man has gone through. the same way they managed it 100yrs(chemo-therapy) ago is sitll the same way today, only with refinement in the tools used. the same for HIV. Do u really think anybody who has witnessed such great leaps science has made over the past 50yrs to blive that ther are no cures for these ailments? not at all, i for one never fell for such deception. there are cures for all this diseases, but wickedly the american government have supressed the info from the public. they do not want anything like a cure, they are the ones who engineered the diseases in the first instance.  if only u knew what their governments makes from the sales of pharmaeutical drugs, then u'll come to knw why it is that way. they are the ones who provide the retro-viral to us; just think of what that means in monetary terms. u don't have to take my words for it, but go to  google; type "FDA supression"(food and drug administration) supression. the FDA is the body that regulates the use of food and drugs in America ; just like NAFDAC.

Anyone who claims to have a cure for any of the aforementioned ailments, is either killed, sileced or imprisoned. let me cite a classical xmple for u.
"ABALAKA"; yes!!  what about him? have u ever wondered what became of him? this intelligent man was a nobel price winner in medicine at the Ahmadu bello university Zaria. how possible is for this knowledgable person to come on National television to make a joke of himself? Zero!
All it took for them to silence him was for the "W.H.O" to come down and warn Naija.

i for one know of cures to these ailments,but it is pointless saying it here, cos no one would blive. even though i am an engineer, like i said earlier; i always do my home work.

"just know that most if not all pathogenic organisms(viral,fungal,bacterial) are anaerobic". lay mans term; meaning they can't survive in oxygenated enviroment. thats why u hear that HiV cannot survive outside the body. that is a big HINT right there>>>>

please verify all i said earlier on, cos i want u to knw that wen i post stuff here, its not cos i just wanna argue but cos i done most of my home work while most where busy with worldly affairs or sleeping. i dont argue blindly, but with facts.
Re: Muslims, Pls Explain This by usisky(m): 5:08pm On Dec 18, 2009
@realtol

your response to my former post was not quite encouraging. all u said was it is educating. if u didn't read all of it pls do.
then pls just tell me honestly what u think. do u think what i am promoting is falsehood or u think there are facts in them. pls do just that.
i started a topic "reassessing our faiths" on the main nairaland religious home page, i think it's on the 7th or what page now, no idea! but please chk it out.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Young Moderate Hijab Sisters Claim Being Engaged When They Are Not? / The God Of Jews And Christians Gave His Reason For Sending Revelation To Arabs / Between Bribe And Gift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 252
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.