Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,536 members, 7,827,005 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). (61772 Views)

George Floyd Buried In Houston (Photos) / Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Statue: India To Unveil World’s Tallest Statue / Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 11, 2017
Cutehector:
Abeg what is the name of the Pharaoh that dealt with the Israelites ? grin
that one no b Pharaoh oooo na Phayoshe grin grin grin grin badt guy
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by holocron: 3:29pm On Mar 11, 2017
Onegai:

Not so sure it was Thutmose, I saw on Discovery Channel that Rameses III was the Pharaoh (he ruled the longest).

abagworo, Pharoahs looks was determined by which era. Early Egyptian or Late Egyptian. Rameses I, II, III, Thutmose, Nefertiti, Hapshepsut (long ruling queen), Akenatan etc would look like modern day Egyptians, Ethiopians, Eritrean,Sudanese and co. Later Pharoahs like Cleopatra and Ptolemy were Greeks and would look like dark skinned Europeans.

Not modern day Egyptians! Those are arabs who displaced the original inhabitants.
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by ayesco202(m): 3:43pm On Mar 11, 2017
Okuda:
If na nigeria now them for don kill the statue start to dey chop am
You got me rotfl...kill statue bawo.. cheesy
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by VictorRomanov: 3:52pm On Mar 11, 2017
Cutehector:
mehn... How possible it is that they know the name? Because we are talking tens and tens of thousands of years ago...

It's not up to Tens of thousand. It's just a little above 3500 years ago.
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by enomakos(m): 4:14pm On Mar 11, 2017
africaken254:
were pharaohs black(negroid) or Arabs (Caucasian) ?
blacks
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by tollyboy5(m): 4:21pm On Mar 11, 2017
something is fishy obout all this Egyptian statues the present Egyptian are Arab and the ancient one are Africans yet almost all the statues has their flat nose broken. I refuse to believe its coincidental, they must be up to something... maybe rewrighting history in future. explorers wetin you think
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by Onegai(f): 4:25pm On Mar 11, 2017
holocron:

Not modern day Egyptians! Those are arabs who displaced the original inhabitants.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_history_of_Egypt

Their DNA has been studied. Arabs invasion accounts for 10% of modern Egyptian DNA. They are still mostly berbers and co, more related to Libyans and co, desert-dwellers (Tuaregs in Niger are light skinned too), more than dark skinned African.
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by martinchinedu(m): 4:29pm On Mar 11, 2017
Cutehector:
Historians believe its RamseyII
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by Blue3k(m): 4:40pm On Mar 11, 2017
I wish he had he nose intact.
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by Smartademu(m): 4:54pm On Mar 11, 2017
pressplay411:
Let the dead RIP.
Its just his statute not his body.
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by k199192: 4:58pm On Mar 11, 2017
Explorers:
Researchers found the bust of the statue and the lower part of the head (pictured) yesterday.

It is believed to be of Ramses the Great, the most powerful and celebrated ruler of ancient Egypt, who ruled from 1279 to 1213 BCE.

Egyptian minister of antiquities Khaled el-Anani poses for picture with workers next to the head of a statue with a team of German-Egyptian archeologists in Cairo's Mattarya district.
haba Explorers was the man ruling backwards or that's how they used to count the years that year.
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by psalmsjob: 5:06pm On Mar 11, 2017
Rayhandrinni:
the age my mother should have bore me...i wouldnt need a benz to stay relevant

But you probably would've needed a camel or horse or donkey to be relevant since you think having such things makes one relevant.

Contentment is a great gain if you get my driftgrin

1 Like

Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by rabzy: 5:46pm On Mar 11, 2017
Okuda:

Den dey chop stone for your state? Please let us know your village it would be a great tourist attraction maybe it would transport your people from the stone age to our time.

Why we never chop the Nokia terracotta, the Ife and Benin bronze, the ikom figurines etc, if we were all stone eaters.
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by rabzy: 5:48pm On Mar 11, 2017
k199192:
[b] haba Explorers was the man ruling backwards or that's how they used to count the years that year.

Yeah that's how the years are counted from our point of view. Not the way the people themselves counted it.
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 11, 2017
psalmsjob:

But you probably would've needed a camel or horse or donkey to be relevant since you think having such things makes one relevant.

Contentment is a great gain if you get my driftgrin
doesnt matter, il still have what i need to keep me relevant...if i am here,i would be there
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by Okuda(m): 6:28pm On Mar 11, 2017
rabzy:

Den dey chop stone for your state? Please let us know your village it would be a great tourist attraction maybe it would transport your people from the stone age to our time.

Why we never chop the Nokia terracotta, the Ife and Benin bronze, the ikom figurines etc, if we were all stone eaters.

Lol. You must have a hard life

2 Likes

Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by Bcbabe(f): 6:37pm On Mar 11, 2017
Explorers:
Researchers found the bust of the statue and the lower part of the head (pictured) yesterday.

It is believed to be of Ramses the Great, the most powerful and celebrated ruler of ancient Egypt, who ruled from 1279 to 1213 BCE.

Egyptian minister of antiquities Khaled el-Anani poses for picture with workers next to the head of a statue with a team of German-Egyptian archeologists in Cairo's Mattarya district.

Cone head statue.....definitely Afonja!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by Bcbabe(f): 6:40pm On Mar 11, 2017
tollyboy5:
something is fishy obout all this Egyptian statues the present Egyptian are Arab and the ancient one are Africans yet almost all the statues has their flat nose broken. I refuse to believe its coincidental, they must be up to something... maybe rewrighting history in future. explorers wetin you think
Very Smart !!!
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by Bcbabe(f): 6:45pm On Mar 11, 2017
Onegai:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_history_of_Egypt

Their DNA has been studied. Arabs invasion accounts for 10% of modern Egyptian DNA. They are still mostly berbers and co, more related to Libyans and co, desert-dwellers (Tuaregs in Niger are light skinned too), more than dark skinned African.

You no know anything....when your oppressor carried out researches to valid your civilization and ancient claimed to divine existence; do you think they will bias or not?
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by Bcbabe(f): 6:51pm On Mar 11, 2017
ELShehzad:
I'm sure Explorers gets his facts from the angels 'coz I search everywhere buh cnt find them grin grin grin
A godess staue was also recently discover i n the country! The truth are coming out... till now all movies about ancient African civilization are/were always act by white actor and actress............the truth will come and all shall be free from ignorance of our greatness as a race! Black is beautiful emotion, the purest quality, thou been submerge now deep in self denial...we shall rise!

grin grin grin grin
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by delishpot: 7:07pm On Mar 11, 2017
Okuda:

Hahahahha grin
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by hahn(m): 7:52pm On Mar 11, 2017
baylord101:
Interesting, 3000years ago

God is great

undecided
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by hahn(m): 7:53pm On Mar 11, 2017
Funjosh:

I hope this is not King Solomon.

King Solomon is not a real historical figure. He is part of a myth

1 Like

Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by hahn(m): 7:54pm On Mar 11, 2017
Cutehector:

The Israelis were never slaves under Egypt
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by hahn(m): 7:57pm On Mar 11, 2017
Explorers:

I learnt Israelites spent about 400yrs of slavery in Egypt.

During this period, lots of Pharaohs have ruled.

But according to ask&quora, i learnt moses approached Pharaoh Thutmose III 'let my people go'.

The Exodus (from Greek ἔξοδος exodos, "going out"wink is the founding, or etiological, myth of Israel; its message is that the Israelites were delivered from slavery by Yahweh and therefore belong to him through the Mosaic covenant.[1][Notes 1] It tells of the enslavement of the Israelites in Egypt following the death of Joseph, their departure under the leadership of Moses, the revelations at Sinai (including the Ten Commandments), and their wanderings in the wilderness up to the borders of Canaan.[2] The exodus story is told in the books of Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy, and their overall intent was to demonstrate God's actions in history, to recall Israel's bondage and salvation, and to demonstrate the fulfillment of Israel's covenant.[3]

The historicity of the story continues to attract popular attention, but the archeological evidence does not support the historicity of the Book of Exodus.[4] The opinion of the overwhelming majority of modern biblical scholars is that it was shaped into its final present form in the post-Exilic period,[5] although the traditions behind it are older and can be traced in the writings of the 8th century BCE prophets.[6] It is unclear how far beyond that the tradition might stretch: according to historian Carol Redmount, "Presumably an original Exodus story lies hidden somewhere inside all the later revisions and alterations, but centuries of transmission have long obscured its presence, and its substance, accuracy and date are now difficult to determine."[3]

The Exodus has been central to Judaism: it served to orient Jews towards the celebration of God's actions in history, in contrast to polytheistic celebrations of the gods' actions in nature, and even today it is recounted daily in Jewish prayers and celebrated in the festival of Pesach. In secular history the exodus has served as inspiration and model for many groups, from early Protestant settlers fleeing persecution in Europe to 19th and 20th century African-Americans striving for freedom and civil rights.[7]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exodus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by UltraSphinx(m): 8:36pm On Mar 11, 2017
Cutehector:
Thotmes II. PROBABLY

1 Like

Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by Cutehector(m): 8:39pm On Mar 11, 2017
UltraSphinx:

Thotmes II. PROBABLY
I am thinking its Ramses
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by ELShehzad: 8:56pm On Mar 11, 2017
Bcbabe:
A godess staue was also recently discover i n the country! The truth are coming out... till now all movies about ancient African civilization are/were always act by white actor and actress............the truth will come and all shall be free from ignorance of our greatness as a race! Black is beautiful emotion, the purest quality, thou been submerge now deep in self denial...we shall rise!

grin grin grin grin
#WORD
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by Michaelpresh(m): 9:23pm On Mar 11, 2017
Who buried it there? who counted the years? who recorded the year it was buried their? just who?
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by tollyboy5(m): 10:04pm On Mar 11, 2017
Michaelpresh:
Who buried it there?
who counted the years?
who recorded the year it was buried their? just who?
many things has happened after Egypt was conquard some black scholars do say most of the date giving to those Sphinx are wrong they are more older than that. not until we start embracing our history we'll keep on letting those white men write history for us
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by tollyboy5(m): 10:09pm On Mar 11, 2017
Bcbabe:

grin grin grin grin
do you know what go and watch god of Egypt you know they are more serious than we anticipated. but come to think of it why are all this only in Egypt? may be because we don't have white archeologist to come and help us do more research undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Woman Follows Trump's Motorcade On Bicycle And Gives Him The Middle Finger / Abdelmalek Droukdal, Al-Qaeda Leader, Killed By French Military With US Help / Wikileaks: Boko Haram Is A CIA Covert Operation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.