Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Update: Governor Shettima’s Convoy In Fatal Road Crash, Aide Dead And 3 Others I - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update: Governor Shettima’s Convoy In Fatal Road Crash, Aide Dead And 3 Others I (580 Views)

Governor Shettima Orders Bet9ja, Nairabet Agents To Leave Borno State / Soldiers Block Nnamdi Kanu's Convoy In Ebonyi, Kanu Comes Down (Video) / Farouk Farouk Dies In Accident Involving Shettima's Convoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Update: Governor Shettima’s Convoy In Fatal Road Crash, Aide Dead And 3 Others I by Wikinaija(m): 1:15pm On Mar 11, 2017
According to the report, the crash led to the death of Shettima’s senior special assistant on intergovernmental affairs Farouk Farouk.

The accident occurred along the Abuja Kaduna expressway, a source told The Cable.

A driver, who sustained injuries in the accident, has reportedly been taken to the hospital.
It could be immediately confirmed the governor was on his way to welcome the president who returned to the country after around 49 days on vacation in London, United Kingdom.
But an aide said Shettima arrived in Kaduna at about 4pm aboard a Medview airline flight to head to Abuja when the ugly incident occurred.
Just in: Governor Shettima’s convoy in fatal road crash, aide dies
Farouk Farouk, Shettima's aide who reportedly died in the fatal accident on Friday, March 10. Photo: The Cable
Shettima was not among the governors who were with Buhari at the presidential villa in Abuja.
“Only the Hilux carrying the deceased was involved in the accident. Three persons survived the accident,” the governor’s aide said.
”The Prado was said to be coming from the opposite lane (from Abuja) and decided to make a fast U-turn onto the road leading toAbuja from Kaduna.
“The pilot leading the governor’s convoy was said to have avoided the Prado while the ill-fated vehicle next to him tried dodging towards the right, but the vehicle skidded off the road and the driver lost control resulting in the Hilux turning upside down as a result of which occupants sustained various degrees of injuries.
“The deceased, aged 45 years, was said to have been thrown out the vehicle following which he sustained internal injuries.
“Governor Shettima led the convoy back to Kaduna and the victims were first taken to St Gerald hospital where the governor’s aide was pronounced dead on arrival in the presence of Mr. Shettima,” he added
Meanwhile, the Nigeria Police Force has beefed up security on the Kaduna-Abuja highway to protect lives and properties of road users and residents.

Read More At http://www.wikinaija.com.ng/2017/03/governor-shettimas-convoy-crash.html
Re: Update: Governor Shettima’s Convoy In Fatal Road Crash, Aide Dead And 3 Others I by dabrightt: 1:25pm On Mar 11, 2017
May their soal rest in peace...
Some people always say the world is comming to an end some don't believe either u believe it or nt their own world has ended already and God news is every one of us our world will come to an end someday...

That is why atheist are the most foolish people God created. You can quote me and for you u prove to me that u are nt foolish u prove that death do nt exist..

I am nt here to cause quarel I knw u are also getting the fact that u are so foolish calling urself athiest because if u can't prove to me u can't die or death do nt exist then a that mad man in oyingbo market is better than u

1 Like

Re: Update: Governor Shettima’s Convoy In Fatal Road Crash, Aide Dead And 3 Others I by Ceema1(f): 1:44pm On Mar 11, 2017
RIp
Re: Update: Governor Shettima’s Convoy In Fatal Road Crash, Aide Dead And 3 Others I by Franchise21(m): 1:47pm On Mar 11, 2017
Hmm
Re: Update: Governor Shettima’s Convoy In Fatal Road Crash, Aide Dead And 3 Others I by Nobody: 2:29pm On Mar 11, 2017
Politicians convoy drivers are very reckless.
Re: Update: Governor Shettima’s Convoy In Fatal Road Crash, Aide Dead And 3 Others I by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 11, 2017
One of the kidnapper of chibok school girls.

(1) (Reply)

A Nigerians Funny Tweet To The Presidency. / Prsidential Library Donation Palava-read What Fayose Said About Obj In 2004 / US Ambassador To Nigeria, Stuart Symington Visits Ebonyi State Governor (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.