Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,444 members, 7,846,845 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 03:39 AM

Pearls Of Love (episode 20) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pearls Of Love (episode 20) (373 Views)

Pearls Of Love (episode 27) / Pearls Of Love (episode 19) / Pearls Of Love (episode 18) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pearls Of Love (episode 20) by ACKCITY: 5:05pm On Mar 11, 2017
I put off the bed light, and slipped under the blanket, closed my eyes but didn’t sleep. She sat the way she was for about five minutes, then slipped under the blanket and faced the wall. I was melancholic that night; I think melancholy is the worse temperament to be in a relationship.

By the time we woke up in the morning, we had gotten over the matter, but I wasn’t rid with Rita, in fact I replied her mail, and told her things could be better off if we did whatever business proposals she has from distance. I didn’t want to get close to her, somehow I had very strong feelings that things may go wrong.

The year was moving fast and soon we will be visited by the company external auditors, it is usually another busy period for my unit as we have to ensure that all accounts are tidied and balanced before their arrival.

It is also a time the company was generally preparing for the year-end Board and Executive meeting.

That night Ann treated us to peppered turkey and fried rice, I haven’t had turkey in a while, I started perceiving the taste right from the gate.

Peter and Pat came all the way to meet me at the gate while driving in, guess they had missed me, I missed them too, and I was no longer having time for them the way I used too. They were fast growing into young people. They remind me a lot of my growing up, though quite different from theirs, they have almost everything they needed, that wasn’t the same as my own case, growing up.

I had lots of issues with my own parents and folks, especially during my teenage years, I think up till becoming adult and leaving them. Very wonderful people, though I use to dislike my parents for their rigid up bring, but somehow I think it eventually paid off. Most of what I learned in life were gotten during my time of fight with them, when I had lock myself up in my room and stay without talking nor seeing anyone for up to a week.

Well, sometimes I fear for the kids, hopefully they won’t be as stubborn as I was. Well, I doubt if I would have been that stubborn if my parents where different about their attitude towards life in general.

Ann met us at the lobby and she planted a kiss on my lips, while I gave her a slight hug.

“What’s big baby cooking?” I asked.

She was looking very beautiful radiant and smart. She had on a white body-hug blouse on blue straight jeans, folded to the knee.

“Something you are going to like’. She replied

“So, what are we celebrating?” I asked.

Read more >>http://www.ackcitynews.com/2017/03/pearls-of-love-episode-20.html

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Kissing More Can Help You Lose Wieght!!!- Research / Golden Tulip Hotel / ] To The Wives: Some Reasons Why Your Husband’s Sidechick(s)/mistress(es) Are Wi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.