Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

"Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) (64052 Views)

Abule Egba Explosion: RCCG Fellowship House Miraculously Didn't Burn (Video) / Michael Job: The 'Jesus' In Kenya Is An Evangelist (Photos) / Masquerade Uses Statue Of Jesus Christ For His Performance. See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by Standardcosting(m): 10:36pm On Mar 12, 2017
masonkz:
We need to be thought how to THINK, right from childhood.

SMH
You throw your aggression around on people who don't think (No insult intended). What would you say about your religion condemning your sexual orientation, how do you intend to deal with that.
Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 12, 2017
Standardcosting:

You throw your aggression around on people who don't think (No insult intended). What would you say about your religion condemning your sexual orientation, how do you intend to deal with that.

What religion? I'm agnostic.

For others that are gay but have religious beliefs, I'd liken it to various other parts of the bible that majority of (if not all ) Christians don't adhere to.
Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by adeife16(m): 12:32am On Mar 13, 2017
LoremIpsum:
After they told us that statues of Jesus and Mary are idols, we see their pictures and that of their wives' in their churches...
After they told us rosaries are demonic, we see them selling wristbands and hand fans which are not even meant for prayer
After they told us free holy water was not Bible-based, we see them selling water to us at expensive prices (I better not mention 'anointing' oils)...
After they discouraged us from going for confession, they turn to take it and rename it 'counselling' wher people at times are charged
They demonized the use of incense, discouraged praying as Christ taught, discouraged kneeling to pray, discouraged our use of clerical titles and vestments but we see now that they wear our bishops' vestments and wield their crosiers but as usual, give them different names.
What about Good Friday, Holy Saturday and Easter Sunday. They always follow our leads.
Be proud of your Catholic faith and dont allow yourself to be deceived. And pray for the so called new Churches and pastors that they may know and appreciate the truth.

Protestants and confusion...

Go and check the origin of roman catholic
Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by adeife16(m): 12:35am On Mar 13, 2017
stoic6ix:
i see no reason why an educated person would believe in that book called 'the bible'. To begin with, the Jews, protestants and the Catholics are in controversy with each other as to who's on the right path even though they use the same book (The Bible). Not to talk of the various contradictions in the Bible, this is enough to show you that the bible was not written by men receiving inspiration from God, cux God makes No Mistake... Pls think
SO WHAT IS YOUR POINT
Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by BuzChi(m): 1:21am On Mar 13, 2017
We all know John 3:16 and many more powerful knowledge that was revealed in the bible. My Lord and Saviour said 'you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free'! Remember in Acts of the Apostles ( acts 19:21-34) when Paul spoilt the business of merchants who crafted different statues for respective religious worshipers. What i see here is just what would make Paul say this in Acts 17:16-30. Paul added in Acts 17: 27&28 that God is not far from us, because its in him we live and move and have our being.

NO object that can be seen should EVER be given such reverential adoration because that's exactly what gives the ancient serpent the opportunity to confuse children of God. Even the brazen snake God instructed Moses to make became a reverential adoration object (2 Kings 18:4) which was just so wrong!! Then imagine a statue or figure made by just a business man, needing profit not like Moses that made it to save people, showing something odd and it's seen as anything special. The problem is the existing statue/figure adoration/worship urge that makes Christians, especially my Catholic bros&sisters, to welcome such notion. It's actually so WRONG & only welcomes the ancient serpent to play on the hearts and minds of such people because they need to see something to adore which is not what God has called you to recognize.
As Jesus told the Samaritan woman on the well, God desires TRUE worshipers who would worship in spirit and truth, not just by going to the temple in Jerusalem and be satisfied that you're worshiping God.Some could be doing adoration/worshiping but in relationship to what Jesus said could that be true worshiping?
Please the Bible is only relevant as we are living on the earth, so don't take just the words of the POPE, General Overseer or Guru Maharaji etc, take the Bible and receive God's word into You- You shall KNOW the truth and the Truth, YOU KNOW, shall set you FREE!
Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by Standardcosting(m): 9:03pm On Mar 13, 2017
X
Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by Standardcosting(m): 9:03pm On Mar 13, 2017
masonkz:

What religion? I'm agnostic.

For others that are gay but have religious beliefs, I'd liken it to various other parts of the bible that majority of (if not all ) Christians don't adhere to.
You still have to believe in God. No matter what. And you have to stop having the believe that you will be gay forever
Kindly update your diary
Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by Jammiiee(m): 11:44pm On Mar 14, 2017
Are u saying, no importance attached to the statue?
Eaugusta:

The only sensible post I have seen on this thread, iam a Catholic not because I was born into it but I carried out my research, went to Ohum monastery and pray for nothing but the truth about the church, and also did person prayers where I got a clear answer in the dream. I hardly comment on thread like this but was moved by ur post. I only pray that God should help us all to understand this better. I seriously concur with the bold lines
Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by Eaugusta(f): 2:57pm On Apr 12, 2017
Jammiiee:
Are u saying, no importance attached to the statue?

Yes no importance except for those that doesn't know the teaching of the church. They are there to create a picture of the history of Christianity in our hearts thereby bringing us to consciousness of where we are. Sorry it's coming late
Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by Jammiiee(m): 3:15pm On Apr 12, 2017
Hmm I see cry
Eaugusta:

Yes no importance except for those that doesn't know the teaching of the church. They are there to create a picture of the history of Christianity in our hearts thereby bringing us to consciousness of where we are. Sorry it's coming late
Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by jamexborn(m): 5:38am On Nov 13, 2017
Ignorance everywhere

May God have mercy on Jesus
Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by Amujale(m): 12:09am On Feb 14, 2020
Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by Amujale(m): 12:10am On Feb 14, 2020
Should anyone adopt a God who is not in the person's own image; once a person embraces doctrine that doesnt teach that person to love that person's own kind above any other people, when one's oppressor and saviour; one's God and enslaver are one and the same, such a person becomes the principal agent in the person's own destruction.
Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by Amujale(m): 12:11am On Feb 14, 2020
Free yourselves from the idiocy of Christianity and Islam.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. / To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. / Photo: See The Warning To Ladies Displayed At Entrance Of CLAM Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.