Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

Love And Disobedience - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love And Disobedience (7737 Views)

A Game Of Love And Obsession / To Love And To Hold (short Series) / Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love And Disobedience by Nobody: 9:11am On Mar 12, 2017
Starting a Short Story..

Title : Love and Disobedience
Tags: love, trust, betrayal, disobedience,

DEDICATION : To those about to fall in love, or already in Love

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT : I acknowledge all those who perform wonders with their e-pen on this Forum ( Nairaland Writers)

Special Acknowledgment : To those who would take their time to read this piece | Those who passes constructive criticism about this story | And those who would invite their friends here

Copyright © 2017
Email - tuhamworld@gmail.com
Website - www.tuhamworld.com

*inhale softly*
*exhale deeply*
*crack knuckles*
Let's do this smiley

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Love And Disobedience by Nobody: 9:45am On Mar 12, 2017
Na me b first? ? #following#

1 Like

Re: Love And Disobedience by sirblero(m): 3:33pm On Mar 12, 2017
debdave:
Na me b first? ? #following#

na me ooo lolzz...I go bring chair...nai you chance me abby.... shaa I the your back..

bring it on Sir, #following...

1 Like

Re: Love And Disobedience by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 12, 2017
Chapter 1

Bimbo and Leke never knew they would became bosom friends the first day they discovered each other on Matriculation day. It was through a get together small party hosted by a mutual friend to celebrate their successful admission. Earlier before then, Leke being a timid fellow had first refuse the offer of attending the party from a friend giving the excuse of "they should face studies first"

"C'mmon.. Its just a day now, less than five hours self! Bayo, his roommate implored
"Even if its 3hours, am not moving an inch here to the so called party" Leke replied with a sign of seriousness
"And why is that?"
"Why? Lectures begin in 3days time and I need to fix some things in my room, in my head and everywhere"
"You must be joking! You mean you're going to fix your stuff in the evening when most people would be having fun. Moreover you still have more than 2days?"
Leke was speechless

Deep down, he was interested in going to the party but felt his personality might not allow him to enjoy the fun. He went to the same high school with Bayo and the latter already knew the reason why Leke did not want to show up as they've lived close enough to understand their character. Bayo on his part did not give up on Leke till he accepted to go. Meanwhile before leaving home, he had told Bayo that he's going for the sake of him and he shouldn't be far to where he is, in which the latter agreed.

"One day, you would realize this is for your own good" Bayo felt glad after Leke had accepted.

The party was to begin by 6pm and end by 8pm. The two friends arrived at the venue six thirty and went to the host who was a friend of Bayo. After formal greetings, the host ushered them to an empty seats. The white plastic chairs which served as seats in the party were majorly arranged in twos or threes with a round table set at the middle.

"What would you like to drink?" the host asked
"I'd prefer Malt and my friend would also like the same" Bayo said

Soon they were served with their choice and the two friends began to sip the chilled drink slowly. 30 minutes into the party, Bayo felt like going to the dance floor but he doesn't want to break his promise so he stayed. He wish something could just get Leke occupied fully so he could feel free.
Leke was now getting accustomed to the party and enjoying the Smile 4 Me music by Simi being played. He was looking around aimlessly when his eyes caught a lady not far from where they are. Bayo noticed this and said "How about making a friend?"

"With who? Leke looked back at him and pretend he saw nothing
"You think i don't know what you're staring at abi?"
"You know i can't do this.... even if i wanted to"
"Stop doubting yourself nah.. Why not give it a try"?
"A try? Am not interested Bayo"
"Okay, you know what. Just go first and when you reach there, point at me. I will take it from there"

Leke felt that was still better. He stood up and walked to where the lady was and there, he discovered she was more beautiful than when he watched her from his seat. On reaching there, he said with a smile "Excuse Me sister"
"Hello brother, how can i be of help?" The lady replied back in what seems like a mocking tone

"I hope am not going to be embarrassed by this lady now. Bayo sha want to put me into trouble" Leke thought to himself

He pointed his hand at where Bayo was sitting at, like they both planned and discovered his friend was no longer there! He then realized Bayo had tricked him.
"How i wish the land would just swallow me up now to prevent embarrassment"

"What are you pointing at? The lady asked wondering what he is up to
"Ehm.. I mean, i was sitting over there when i saw you and i couldn't resist the voice in my head telling me to come and say Hi"
"Really? that's funny"
"Sounds like but i was just telling the truth. Mind if i sit down with you?" Leke reluctantly asked
"Its a free world"

Leke sat down on the empty chair facing the lady and with an impulse, he started a conversation which seems to interest the two of them. During their conversation, Bimbo on her part find Leke interesting with his humor and knowledge about Nature. She was glad someone could keep her in company after Shade, her friend who promised to come had disappointed her.
Before they disperse, Leke got to knew about her name and also collected her mobile number.

When Leke reached his hostel back, he couldn't help but to smile at the whole scenario. He had promised himself earlier to smack Bayo if the lady embarrass him but he instead hug him when they reach home and said

"Thanks Man.. I just couldn't believe i could do that!"

To be continued...

Moral: Friendship is a beautiful thing and sooner or later, we all need the help of a Friend

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Love And Disobedience by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 12, 2017
debdave:
Na me b first? ?
#following#

Wow!
See who got the first seat grin
Thanks for coming
Re: Love And Disobedience by Nobody: 4:29pm On Mar 12, 2017
sirblero:

na me ooo lolzz...I go bring chair...nai you chance me abby....
shaa I the your back..

bring it on Sir,
#following...

Thank yuuuu for coming here too brother.. smiley
but why you con allow a female to take the first seat? undecided

1 Like

Re: Love And Disobedience by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 12, 2017
sirblero:

na me ooo lolzz...I go bring chair...nai you chance me abby.... shaa I the your back..

bring it on Sir, #following...
This kain tyn....dem dey carry chair follo body. Lolzz. No vex shaa.

1 Like

Re: Love And Disobedience by Nobody: 4:53pm On Mar 12, 2017
Tuham:

Wow! See who got the first seat grin Thanks for coming
Izz me mhen!..... grin Just let the update flow..... #I dey ya back#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love And Disobedience by sirblero(m): 7:08pm On Mar 12, 2017
Tuham:

Thank yuuuu for coming here too brother.. smiley
but why you con allow a female to take the first seat? undecided

in Mr ibu's voice .."ladies first"
lolzz

#thanks for the update sir...keep it coming..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love And Disobedience by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 17, 2017
Chapter 2

"How's the food on fire! Leke asked
"Almost done, probably less than three minutes"
"I'll watch over it while you go take your own shower"
"Exactly what am thinking. We need to be in the front seats today" Bayo replied and dash out

It was the first day of receiving lectures and to them, its very important. The two friends whom lived in the same room had woken up as early as possible and face their assigned work as discussed in the previous day. Leke went down to fetch the water that will be enough for the two of them to take shower whilst Bayo faced the task of cooking their morning meal.
On getting to the entrance of the bathroom, Bayo discovered someone is already there. He waited impatiently for 3 minutes till the person was through.

"Good morning Engineer" Ife greeted him with his course name
"Good morning my sister!" Bayo half answered rushing to the bathroom

The park was full of people scrambling to enter a bus plying the road although majority were students. After fighting through thick and thin, Bayo and Leke manage to get a single seat which was the only available option hence they had no choice but to lap each other. While the bus was moving, Leke couldn't stop smiling to himself

"Why are you smiling?" Bayo inquired curiously, checking whether his shirts had not been stained by the crowd
"I can't just help it. I mean, with that kind of crowd, i thought we'd still be at the park for more than 30minutes" Leke replied
"Lets just say we're lucky then"
"And am sure with this time of the day, we are either going to be on the front row of the seats or the second"
"At most, the third!" Bayo added confidently

A student who seems to be in 300 level and sitting beside them simply smiled. He was aware of the fact that these folks would by no chance be able to get seats in the front row of the lecture room, not when its the first day and not at that period of time.

Time struck four thirty

Some group of students were seen chit chatting while walking down the road that leads to the school park where they can board the taxi to their various destination. Although some students are still behind, outside the lecture hall but majority of them were those leaving the school premises.
Among those who are leaving the school premises were Bayo and Leke carrying weary look on their faces. The expression on their face shows they must have had a tiring day. Along the way, they discussed about how the lecture of that day had gone, and worse part - they could only afford to get a seat at almost the far end of the lecture room.

"Seems some students are sleeping inside the school? or how could they have filled the front seats like that despite that we came very early" Lekan couldn't help but to wonder

When they reached the park, they were fortunate to see a taxi which have just two seats left and they told the driver their destination in which the latter told them to enter. Leke sat beside a lady while Bayo sat beside him. Inside the car, Leke took another glance at the lady sitting by his left side and said

Bimpe?
"Yes, how can i hel.. The lady frowned her face a little to remember the person's face
"Am Leke. On Matriculation day, we..."
"oh.. oh.. I remember! How was lecture today?"
"It was fine and yours?"
"Fine too.. Which course are you studying?"
"Civil Engineering.."
"And Mine is Economics"

Leke then introduces her to Bayo and vice-versa

"Permit me to introduce you to my friend. Bayo by name and studying computer engineering"

"Waoh, so you both are engineers! Nice meeting you too, Engr Bayo" Bimpe smiled

"Same here, Miss Bimpe" Bayo replied coyly

They talked about their first day lectures and all admit that it was tedious. Soon, the car reached the last bus stop and they all came down. They waved each other bye and continue to their different destination which was just a few metres of trekking.

"We'll see some other time and talk better. Leke said before bidding her bye"

Moral: Be Good to People as you do not know where next you might meet again

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love And Disobedience by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 17, 2017
To be continued..
Re: Love And Disobedience by sirblero(m): 9:46am On Mar 18, 2017
I thought you have forgotten this thread..but THANKGOD you remembered US...
I love this story... more ideas to it..and also more updates...I know its not easy..

#following

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love And Disobedience by Nobody: 10:15am On Mar 18, 2017
sirblero:
I thought you have forgotten this thread..but THANKGOD you remembered US...

I love this story...
more ideas to it..and also more updates...I know its not easy..

#following

Still have the thread in my mind bro..
Thanks for the motivation
Re: Love And Disobedience by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 20, 2017
Chapter 3

A young lady in her mid 20s entered a cybercafe and walk up to the owner. She bought a timer ticket as it is the custom for those who wanted to browse the internet and was then ushered to the available system. Then carefully, the lady typed in the code from the ticket on the system and press the Enter keyboard button. A pop up appeared on the system and showed up a digital timing clock with the format 01:15:00

She cracked her knuckles, opened the Firefox browser on the system and then input the URL of the NYSC website.

After browsing for like 5minutes, the countenance on her face changed and she frowned a little bit. On an impulse, She picked up her phone and dial a number. The phone ring for few seconds before the receiver picked it and she mumbled

"Hello Leke."
"Am fine.."
"Guess what i just..."
"We're posted to the same location!"
"And..."
The call was disconnected by the receiver before the lady could utter another word.

Bimpe wondered why Leke ended the call. She thought maybe he couldn't contain his excitement after hearing the fact they're going to serve in the same state. She was also glad too for the person she had liked the most, or rather loved for the past years wouldn't be far in the one year of serving one's country.

She printed some documents and decided to while away the remaining time on the system to check her social media account. Upon login to her account, she discovered more than 20 new messages and 40 notifications were already waiting for her. It wasn't strange to her as she's the combination of both beauty and brain.
Her status updates on Facebook usually revolve around Motivation, Life and Love so it was hard to differentiate maybe the attention from both notifications or messages she got was because of her beauty of brain.
A new message pop up with "Hi" from a male course mate of hers whom they are both going for service at the same time. She looked at the remaining time showed on the system, it displays 00:11:56
She posted a motivational quote and reply the new message that just popped in

"Whats up David"

Leke was so excited when Bimpe announced to him on phone to the extent that he ended the call. He had been praying silently that the two of them should be posted to the same place and now his prayer had been answered. Leke staggered happily to the mirror and smiled

"You made it buddy" he pointed at the figure in which the later also did

He went back to where he had drop his phone earlier, picked it up and dial Bimpe's mobile number.

"We need to celebrate this" He said

To be continued..

Moral: Being Optimistic has its own mystery of making things turn out Good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love And Disobedience by yusufibrahim(m): 8:10pm On Mar 21, 2017
Boss Tuham u ve Don a great job please do endeavour to continue more grace to u

1 Like

Re: Love And Disobedience by Nobody: 9:38am On Mar 22, 2017
yusufibrahim:
Boss Tuham u ve Don a great job please do endeavour to continue more grace to u

thank yuuu so much bro smiley
Re: Love And Disobedience by LitQueen(f): 8:37pm On Mar 22, 2017
Looking good so far. Following

1 Like

Re: Love And Disobedience by sirblero(m): 10:34pm On Mar 22, 2017
boss me... sorry I've not been online for some days now.. but I must congratulate you for your updates..
more ideas to your story SIR, #ride_on

1 Like

Re: Love And Disobedience by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 23, 2017
Chapter 4

The first few months during service were full of different activities for the Just-posted Corpers. While majority of the activities seems stressful, an higher percentage of the Corpers count it as fun, happy to partake in such activity.
Bayo was an all-rounder participating in almost every fun his pass time could allow him. He tried to initiate Leke to some sports and recreational activities but was only successful in few.

For Leke, he'd spent his pasttimes with Bayo catching fun with the other Corpers and if it wasn't that, one can be sure he would be with his other half (the word he prefer to use for Bimpe).

Leke whistle in his mind as he made for Bimpe's Residence. It was the period he knew she would be free and be at home so he decided to pay her a visit.

"We're going to go for an adventure today" he thought happily

After few minutes of walking, he reached the entrance of her place and was about to knock the door when he noticed something on the ground. There was a footwear which seems to belong to a male.

Leke wonder maybe the person inside is a visiting relative of hers or maybe just a friend around here. At first, he wanted to turn back so as not to interrupt their discussion which he thought might be very important but feels its not right to just come to her place and not say hello.
Eventually, He knocked on the door.

"Yes, who's there?" a female voice answered from within
"Its me, Leke"
"Leke? Wait, am coming ooh"

He heard something like a quick mumbling conversation from inside, then a series of footsteps moving to and fro. After 3 minutes, the door was opened.

"I hope nothing is wrong" Leke asked curiously
"Nothing. I was just ehm.. You know, trying to clean up the mess in my room" Bimpe answered sharply
"Cleaning up? Because of me?
"Of course now.. Would you be glad to see my room messy. Come inside joor"

Leke entered the room and discovered a man who seems to be in his late 20s was sitting on a Plastic Chair in the room holding a Novel and fixing his eyes sternly on the book. He was wearing just a singlet and his trouser was without belt.

Sensing something is wrong, Leke took a brief look at the room and found a belt on top of the bed which he's sure was owned by the man. Under the belt is an "object" but was not hidden very well.

His heart would have busted out when he saw the "object" but kept calm and smiled.

"Leke, meet my Course mate, David" Bimpe said

Her word brought him back to reality and looked back at his other half. The only cloth on her body was a towel

"Its so Nice to meet you bro" The young man dropped the Novel and extend his hand for an handshake

"Same here too" Leke forced himself to smile and shake his hand

"Ehm.. Bimpe, we'd see each other probably tomorrow. I was actually going to somewhere else and decided to say hello" Leke said and turned back

"Oh.. Thats very nice. I would come and check you tomorrow myself then" Bimpe replied

On reaching his apartment, Leke closed the door of his room and stared at the space. He at first did not wanted to believe what his mind was telling him but the evidence is clear

The strange quick conversation before the door was opened.
His other half and the man's physical appearance and their reluctant attitude
And to cap it all, a C.D hiding under the man's belt!

Leke close his eyes and wish it was all a dream but it wasn't.
To be continued..

Moral: Tough times either break you into shambles or make you stronger. Be determined never to allow negative situations weigh you down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love And Disobedience by Nobody: 3:23pm On Mar 23, 2017
LitQueen:
Looking good so far. Following
Thank yuu Queen, and for following grin
Re: Love And Disobedience by Nobody: 3:25pm On Mar 23, 2017
sirblero:
boss me... sorry I've not been online for some days now.. but I must congratulate you for your updates..
more ideas to your story SIR, #ride_on
Amen bro and better late than never.. By the way, where is your friend debdave ?
Re: Love And Disobedience by Nobody: 7:39pm On Mar 23, 2017
Tuham:

Amen bro and better late than never.. By the way, where is your friend debdave ?
Who is looking for me?
Re: Love And Disobedience by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 23, 2017
debdave:

Who is looking for me?
It was sirblero and I wink
Been a while we've seen you here and just wanted to know if NL admin have not kidnapped yougrin
Re: Love And Disobedience by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 23, 2017
Tuham:

It was sirblero and I wink
Been a while we've seen you here and just wanted to know if NL admin have not kidnapped yougrin
You looking for me... I understand.

sirblero looking for me... That i don't understand

I dey jare. I just dey on low key.
#stillFollowing#
Re: Love And Disobedience by Nobody: 7:58pm On Mar 23, 2017
debdave:
You looking for me... I understand.
sirblero looking for me... That i don't understand

I dey jare. I just dey on low key. #stillFollowing#
Looool @ the bolded grin
Just wanted to know if you're still with us in the L & D bus ni wink
Re: Love And Disobedience by Nobody: 8:03pm On Mar 23, 2017
Tuham:

Looool @ the bolded grin

Just wanted to know if you're still with us in the L & D bus ni wink
Ha!..... I don fear O!.
I think say him dey look for me..unto say i do something grin . Fear don kash me grin
Re: Love And Disobedience by Nobody: 8:09pm On Mar 23, 2017
debdave:

Ha!..... I don fear O!.
I think say him dey look for me..unto say i do something grin . Fear don kash me grin

Thou should fear not for the Lord is with you
Re: Love And Disobedience by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 23, 2017
Tuham:

Thou should fear not for the Lord is with you
Lolzz... Okay.

1 Like

Re: Love And Disobedience by Nobody: 10:46pm On Apr 02, 2017
I was trying to Continue the story this night and after writing for a while, my phone just shut down itself (i once set it to Auto-off at 10:30pm), and ALL WHAT I'VE WRITTEN GONE in blink of an eye!

I hope to write the Continuation tomorrow sad and Also, there is something new am adding to the story

Watch outwink

Re: Love And Disobedience by Nobody: 10:57pm On Apr 03, 2017
Continuation of Chapter 4

3 hours before the incidence

It had been an hectic day for Bimpe as she insert the key into the padlock of her door. All she could imagine herself doing next is taking a shower and a short sleep .
She twist the key a little bit in which the padlock made an unlock sound and then walked in and drop her handbag on a Plastic chair in the room .
She closed the door and began removing the accessories on her, starting from the wrist watch. Midway, she heard a knock on the door.

"Its me David" the voice said before she could ask
"am coming please"

She walked to the door, opened it and there await a twenty eight year old young man flashing his teeth and waving briefly

"Hi Bimpe"
"Hello David. To be sincere, you came at a wrong time cos i was about to rest when you... "

She couldn't finish the word before her phone ringing tone interrupt the discussion. She dashed for the phone thinking it was a brother of hers who had earlier promised to send her pocket money. Upon reaching there, the caller happens to be Leke

"Hello. Really? Alright.. Would be expecting... Bye"

She ended the call and explained to David that her boo just called and is coming to pay her a visit. David said he wouldn't be long and additionally, he could keep her in company before Leke comes.
Without giving it a second thought, she allowed him in so she could take a shower as soon as possible.

Bimpe walked to where she had earlier drop her handbag, took it and ushered David to the seat. She politely told him to wait for some time while she took a shower and get dressed up. The latter simply smiled and said no problem

Because of the person in the room, she thought of undressing and changing to another clothes in her bathroom in closed door which is adjacent to the room.

But before she entered the bathroom, she took another clothes from her wall wardrobe and a towel.

While in the bathroom, David was looking all around. He had been trying to be more closer with Bimpe since the day he chat her up and discovered they were both posted to the same place for the NYSC but the latter refused insisting she's with someone.

A thought ran into his mind when he remembered that Leke is coming soon and he smiled mischievously

David dipped his hand into the back pocket of the trouser he's wearing and brought out an ominous object.
After bringing it out, he then did something awkward.

He first looked around to see that everywhere is clear, and then unbuttoned his shirt and carefully spread it on the floor. Later on, he removed the belt from his trouser, lay it on the bed and hide the object under it.

His PLAN A was to implicate Bimpe if David comes in first and saw those things But should in case, if Bimpe comes in first and saw them, he would apologize saying that was a mistake.
Not quite long, Bimpe rushed out of the bathroom wearing only a towel. She had forgotten to take the body cream

On entering the room, she saw David wearing just a singlet and reading a Novel she had dropped on the reading table the day before. She was about to ask why he off his shirt when she heard a knock on the door

"Yes who's there?" she asked
"Its me, Leke" the voice answered
"Leke, wait ooh. Am coming"

As Bimpe made for the door, she saw David's shirt on the floor

"Why is your shirt on the floor" Bimpe said quietly as she picked it up
"oh sorry.. I was engrossed in this Novel to the extent that i just fling my cloth somewhere without minding where it lands" David whispered back

Bimpe then went to the door and opened it

"I hope nothing is wrong?" Leke asked curiously

××××××××××××

The moment Leke turned back home, Bimpe went to where her body cream was, took it and went back to the bathroom.

David was glad she only saw the shirt and not the object on the bed. He took the object from the bed and put it at the place where he had earlier removed it which was his back pocket.

"ehm. Bimpe! Am going ooh. We'll see some other time" David said and put on his shirt"

He didn't even wait for an answer before he dashed out

To be continued...
Moral : Before you judge a book by its Cover, you had better read the contents

Updates : I hope to be adding Moral of the story at the end of each story. When am free, would also add to the previous ones

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Love And Disobedience by LitQueen(f): 3:11pm On Apr 07, 2017
Uh oh. David is an unfortunate fellow. I hope she sees it before Leke does.

1 Like

Re: Love And Disobedience by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 08, 2017
LitQueen:
Uh oh. David is an unfortunate fellow. I hope she sees it before Leke does.

Unfortunately, she doesn't even notice and when Leke comes in, he saw the object(I mentioned it at Chapter 4).
Throughout the whole incidence, she had no idea something fishy had happened sad

And I just updated the story from the beginning by adding Morals to them like something one can learn from 'em smiley
Thanks for the comment

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Laws To Power!!! / Resources For Young Writers / Hatred

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.