Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him (41923 Views)

I NEVER KNEW: She Was The Boss And Not The Worker / I Was Mocked And Tagged 'stupid', Says Airport Security Who Returned Bag / See How My Ex Boss Rewarded Me For Being Loyal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by porozhniy(m): 11:17pm On Mar 13, 2017
Back in 2014, I was young & impressionable, it was a new business. He had the money, I had the skills.
I didn't receive any salary, just stipends whilst others did.
He said the business belonged to us, I'd get my fair share when profits starts rolling in, I believed him, meanwhile we were making money.
He rejected all my proposals to expand & innovate, business was sold one year later right under my nose.
I only got to know when the new owner came to take over.

I simply viewed picked myself up & moved on, lesson learned.
I have since rejected 3 offers to manage other similar businesses, couldn't sell myself short.
That episode some how re-enforced my resolve to work for myself.
Right now, I am doing me, although small, but small and steady is all that matters to me now.
So Op, he made you a stronger man without intending to,
Never forget lessons learned.
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by naturefellow(m): 11:34pm On Mar 13, 2017
wapadunk:
Thats not LOYALTY. That's selling your self on the cheap. There is a difference.Thats because you see no worth in yourself. You think you can only be hired through connection like some others.

No Self-esteem
When you didn't value yourself
Too much Humility sometimes relegate you, cause some egocentric people wants you to continue rubbing their ego while they relegate you to the dogs.
I can never hire someone that doesn't value himself. Definitely he will sell my company on a cheap. I might just send him to secure a contract in another company, and the team from the other company will send him to buy snacks for them, while he runs around shamelessly, definely they wouldn't place him anywhere and negotiate with another person. They might even take him for a messenger. Knowing where you belong isn't pride.

Never sell yourself cheap all in the name of humility and loyalty.
profound
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by pansophist(m): 11:36pm On Mar 13, 2017
In as much that I empathized with your situation, it would not have happened if you exercised common sense. The first two months should be enough to leave, but you didn't.

Washing his car only sells you cheap, it's synonymous to washing the pant of a prostitute the expect her to respect you.

In business, you do not bargain from a position of weakness. Your case is not only weakness, but it was mixed with voluntary sevility, irrationality and hopelessness. You appealed to his morals, instead of bargaining with your skills.

If not for anything, you learnt a life lesson that will safeguard you from such repeating itself in the future.
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by anonymous20: 11:37pm On Mar 13, 2017
The way some some people treat us we almost feel like shedding tears but I've learnt my lesson a long time ago not to be moved by people's bullshit.The only people who can hurt me are myself and "maybe" my family.You can't hurt me niggur cos I won't trust u niggur.I've grown cold.
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by kabaka1: 11:55pm On Mar 13, 2017
wapadunk:
Thats not LOYALTY. That's selling your self on the cheap. There is a difference.Thats because you see no worth in yourself. You think you can only be hired through connection like some others.

No Self-esteem
When you didn't value yourself
Too much Humility sometimes relegate you, cause some egocentric people wants you to continue rubbing their ego while they relegate you to the dogs.
I can never hire someone that doesn't value himself. Definitely he will sell my company on a cheap. I might just send him to secure a contract in another company, and the team from the other company will send him to buy snacks for them, while he runs around shamelessly, definely they wouldn't place him anywhere and negotiate with another person. They might even take him for a messenger. Knowing where you belong isn't pride.

Never sell yourself cheap all in the name of humility and loyalty.

I just took d word out of my mouth
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by Cutehector(m): 12:13am On Mar 14, 2017
Antina:

Bad one from Mr Earnest.

Something related to that happened to me some few years back, since then, I don't put my trust or hope on human again.
please explain
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by ufuosman(m): 12:19am On Mar 14, 2017
Op ur story is touching, you tried to endure bt thank God you endure, because if you just left the time you mom and girl is putting pressure on you it will look like as if the man is ready to help. Thank God you found something doing na. Better days ahead of you
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by toyota3(m): 12:23am On Mar 14, 2017
ruggedtimi:
shut up...mr article...as u sabi write na why u never be like billgate
epic... I love that grin
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by Xzbit91: 12:23am On Mar 14, 2017
Adminisher:
This is the Nigerian youth for you. Backwards brained. Employment is a business and economic activity. It is not emotional and personal. Your loyalty should be to yourbprofession, it's ethics, your company, your customers. Loyalty to people in a business and economic arrangement is the height of stupidity

Loyalty to people is the number one cause of corruption and nepotism. The man was right not to have employed you . You were not a worker but a relative...A not too good relative

Ha! people will always find faults whatever you do.

Why did Mr Earnest promise him a job even before graduation if he knew he wasn't going to employ him in the end?

After wasting his time for about two years, meanwhile he watched new faces come into this organization yet this man could not extend him the courtesy of informing him of job openings.

After serving without pay for two years, what more was expected of him? I believe if it was a matter of incompetence he wouldn't be sent into the field as his story tells us.

He has the paper qualification and worked two years without pay there by gaining invaluable experience, what more could he have done to show he is worthy?

OP, do not despair. It is true that familiarity breeds contempt, if you ask me I'll say it's your uncles loss. Overall, you've gained with this experience and I believe this has made you a better man.

Learn your lessons and move on
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by kenoz(m): 12:29am On Mar 14, 2017
Touching story

That's human being for you
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by Ndipe(m): 1:16am On Mar 14, 2017
This kind of stuff happens a lot of times, people taking one's loyalty for granted, or worse taking them for a dummy. It's unfortunate.
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by Mayflowa(m): 2:05am On Mar 14, 2017
Adeoba10:
Why you no revenge? You wasted my time, i waste your life, na to remove his car brake pad on saturday when going for owambe...

You don't like him. You want make he go jail?
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by Mayflowa(m): 2:08am On Mar 14, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:
Very sad experience. I hope others can learn from it. But I don't believe d part u trekked from Oshodi to Ajah

why? People nor trek from Lagos to Abuja, Abuja to Bayelsa. Even that guy wey sey he go rob by march said he treked from ajah to mainland

1 Like

Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by Mayflowa(m): 2:12am On Mar 14, 2017
Billyonaire:
From my experiences on the journey of life, I have to tell you this. The effort you dedicated to Mr. Ernest was not for him, it was for you. You were working on yourself, you were developing your skills and Mr. Ernest may not understand what he has done for you.

My advise is that you regret nothing. What did you learn from Mr. Ernest ? You learnt, no to trust anyone, not even yourself. You learnt not to rely on anyone, but yourself. What should you rather learn ? Learn to read meaning from people's actions, not their words. You did not pay attention to Ernest's body language and his actions. I am very sure there were countless signs, but you trusted him, you relied on him.

But let me tell you the good news. The skills, knowledge, interactions, distrust, unreliability on others and your doggedness, even the patience but not excluding the sweat, tears and blood are the parameters on the road to success.

What you should learn from your experience with Mr. Ernest, that nothing is given, but taken. Study his business model and his business modules. Register a business name, and search for a partner. Replicate that business with a touch of class and your ingenuity and there is nothing stopping you.

How do I know you will succeed in this ? Well, I do not know. I just remember that many people had bad bosses, and you must learn to call them teachers of life. You can use the knowledge and the experiences you got from these Ernests and his likes to further your drive to becoming a greater version of your self in the journey through life.

I don't really know if you are a billionaire but you would be one day! Now you have given the OP useful life lesson that everyone can learn from. Smart you!
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by watchgreatness: 2:56am On Mar 14, 2017
Well I'd guess somewhere good if I have to throw 2000 to snakes just to watch DVD

If offer not used...then guess where we at helping send daughters to college after few dances...

What's ur Monday look like

#birthday everyday unless u use us then you more hopes/dreams to brag about

Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by Codyt(m): 4:23am On Mar 14, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:
You are a graduate of engineering and your article reads like the write-up of an articulate bus conductor. Shame.
If I were 'Mr Ernest' I would not employ you either.
Fault finder as usual. Been waiting for a Contradictory comment angry angry angry
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by ogtavia(m): 4:51am On Mar 14, 2017
onismate:

https://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/1336-when-my-loyalty-didn-t-lead-to-royalty-story-of-a-nigerian-job-hunter-who-his-loyalty-was-abused
I like when you said nobody owes you anything....conversely...you don't owe anybody anything not even your loyalty....in our world of today nobody values loyalty...everybody is looking to take advantage of the next person...
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by adorable29(f): 5:50am On Mar 14, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:
You are a graduate of engineering and your article reads like the write-up of an articulate bus conductor. Shame.
If I were 'Mr Ernest' I would not employ you either.

Is this an English Essay Competition? He is relaying a story to his "assumed peer mates". He isn't writing for a journal or a newspaper article. Besides, he is an engineer, not an English Professor.
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by baby124: 6:00am On Mar 14, 2017
THIS IS why I laugh when people focus more on friends than their own families. Some men and women will abandon their wives or husbands to be following friends with full loyalty thinking they are loyal. But once they die, their families never see such friends again.

It's very rare to have true friends. In fact it's quite normal for friends to take advantage. If you were a woman he would have tried to sleep with you. Fact. The good thing though is that you got priceless experience. You can leverage that to find a better job.

One thing you must know is paddy paddy can only take you so far. So all that washing car and driver job you did na wash. It just proves that you were depending on who you know to secure the job. Rather than working closely with HR and other manager's to secure a permanent position.

You thought the man owed you and owes you a job because you willingly decided to be his osho free houseboy. Even employed houseboys de collect salary. You de collect feeding money. Why you no go get nervous breakdown? One year a slave. At least you have practical experience in life and on the job. Package yourself and your experience to find something better.
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by onismate: 6:16am On Mar 14, 2017
Irishrena1:
This Onismate again. Abi Mr. George of the jungle. George well done o. Na so so fictional stories you dey like pull for nairaland as threads
Hahahaha are you . Just read it again and we'll do you know it's not fraction or fiction
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by Edipee(m): 6:33am On Mar 14, 2017
Cutehector:
If I have ever learnt something in life, it will be never to depend of family relations/family friends for a job...

Its only God dat sends strangers to give u job
Hmmm
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by Cutehector(m): 6:34am On Mar 14, 2017
Edipee:
Hmmm
wetin
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by Rightboy: 7:06am On Mar 14, 2017
what's the matter with you?
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by cbngov01(m): 7:18am On Mar 14, 2017
onismate:

https://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/1336-when-my-loyalty-didn-t-lead-to-royalty-story-of-a-nigerian-job-hunter-who-his-loyalty-was-abused

In life, I learnt never to rely on promises but on the word of God that never fails...a lot of promises before I left school for job placements but I never called any! Roamed for a few months, worked with an oil marketing startup for !months who never paid for TP sef but Gods word never fails.when d jobs I've had came, I knew it was Gods doing.my most current job, I cudnt even iron my shirt, but I just had d confidence. I got in, they groomed me all round and I can take care of myself&a few.bro, just believe in urself and in God, it will only get better! Goodluck
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by Laboskipirez(m): 7:42am On Mar 14, 2017
THAT BOY IS A MUMMY BOY

1 Like

Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by Irishrena1(f): 8:00am On Mar 14, 2017
onismate:
Hahahaha are you . Just read it again and we'll do you know it's not fraction or fiction
Please don't give me headache with this your English biko. You just want people to always read your threads, pulling fictional stories always related to job. This time its not related to pre or post-NYSC. As usual that's your pattern in real life
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by BrainnewsNg(f): 8:01am On Mar 14, 2017
As a naturally humble person, I grew up to learn that sometimes humilty helps a lot and sometimes also too much humility makes you become a big fool before people's eyes.

So, I can never tell you to withdraw humility from your lifestyle but always be on alert to watch out for the person who may want to down grade you based on your humble attitude.

Based on your narration, sometimes the man may have helped you after a year or two with him but this one is a real DEVIL.

You may still another person tomorrow who will.tell.you to have patience for a year and after a year the person will truly help you BIG.

Morale of the lesson: Don't put all your hope on a particular person. Pray to God to connect you to your dating helped anywhere.

Also never regret suffering for the man cos.if you do, you will gain noting out of your work experience with him.

Start thinking how to use the work experience you got in his company to feet a bigger job in a related company.
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by babaireti(m): 8:40am On Mar 14, 2017
oniyarabi:
I am a lady aged 26, and my husband is 34. I left my husband with the maid and our baby at home. After driving for just about 2km from home, my car engine started to over heat. So I had to return and get the other car. When I got home I found my husband in bed with our maid. I Don't know what to do. Pliz help me.
Dr. Mapulanga's reply.
Over heating of the engine after such a short distance can be caused by problems associated with the radiator. You need to check the oil and water levels in your engine before you start your journey. You must also make sure your car is serviced regularly to avoid such problems in future. I hope my answer will help solve your problem.

Your profile says you are MALE so how do you have a husband? are you GAY? park well I beg
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by gabicon: 8:40am On Mar 14, 2017
onismate:

I think we all make the mistake of categorising those that our family are friendly with and those that are their friends (since your father passed how many times has his friend come visiting? That's what friends do). It is quite clear that the boss in question was friendly with your father but not his friend, friends make sacrifices while friendly people look for opportunities to exploit a relationship. Life has taught you a lesson that many learn late in life's journey, hold it to your chest and move on, that's not to say you don't trust nobody, simply make them earn trust, secondly always have a contingency plan simply put don't place all your eggs in a basket, there is always a better opportunity no matter how good were you are looks.
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by olalekan05: 9:10am On Mar 14, 2017
What an inspiring story
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by dharmeel(m): 9:17am On Mar 14, 2017
My friend , i am going to tell you the honest truth . you were not loyal ,u were investing . And the dividend of the investment was the job you were expecting. During school days all you aunties and uncles ,business owners and business moguls will promise heaven and earth about securing your future with a job and connection to ASO rock ; my guy na lie.[color=#990000][/color]

Once you are ready, their songs will change lyrics. Just take everything that you have being through as a stepping stone . Build your connect and work on your life path . The people we don't know personally usually lend helping hands more than the once we know .

Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by dami2boi(m): 9:22am On Mar 14, 2017
Benjom:
You should turn this to a mini novel. Lazy readers will shy away from it.

#So-Long-A-Letter-Mariama-Ba-Part2

guy you follow read that Mariama Ba so long a letter

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

8 Nigerian Jobs That May Cause Marital Delay To Guys / How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly / Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.