Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

Nigerians Has Done It Once Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Has Done It Once Again (4818 Views)

Only In Nigeria: See What Nigerians Has Been Reduced To / Why Do Nigerians Has To Go Through Long Road To Financial Freedom / 1,600 Buses For 150million Nigerians? Has The President Gone Mad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Has Done It Once Again by olabukola: 6:25pm On Dec 17, 2009
Yes its a new dimension in our Auto Mobile industry and i strongly hope our Government will encourage this achievement and take this development to another level. With this kind of news Nigeria/Nigerians can take their stand among the best in the world.

http://www.independentngonline.com/DailyIndependent/Article.aspx?id=4857
Re: Nigerians Has Done It Once Again by ojesymsym: 8:06pm On Dec 17, 2009
The guys shud forget those abuja thieves dem and market his products very well, they will only talk and talk and do nothing. I will advise him to forget marketing in Nigeria, Nigerians dont trust their own. He shud go outside the shores to market the automobiles.
Re: Nigerians Has Done It Once Again by Horus(m): 9:29pm On Dec 17, 2009
[img]http://www.independentngonline.com/DailyIndependent/Thumbnailer.aspx?image=\\fsvs02\target02\347050\www.inlng.com\web\content\\\DailyIndependent\resources\images\Auto111209.jpg&width=380&height=230&suffix=_thumb[/img]
Made in Nigeria
Re: Nigerians Has Done It Once Again by Nchara: 9:33pm On Dec 17, 2009
Assembled in Nigeria with Chinese expertise. Good start.
Re: Nigerians Has Done It Once Again by Igwe12: 10:06pm On Dec 17, 2009
Nnewi has the highest number of individually owned succesful companies in Nigeria. More than N5billion/DAY rotates through the hands of traders in NKwo Nnewi as confirmed by the Chairman of commerce in the past. This is good news for nigeria. This will not only provide jobs, and opportunities but encourages other discouraged manufacturers that there is still hope for manufacturing in Nigeria since we are now an import dependent country. Lets now watch and see how the government is going to support and patronize this great project.
I also heard an individaul is also building a privately owned refinery around onitsha area. Way to go!
Re: Nigerians Has Done It Once Again by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 17, 2009
This is why Anambra needs a BusinessWorld Friendly Governor.

An integrated approach is needed between Business, Research Centres and Public Sector in other to drive innovation and harness our skills.

Cee Cee is the man.
Re: Nigerians Has Done It Once Again by presido1: 11:40am On Dec 18, 2009
I don't know why this can't make the home page.

Good development, hope it will under go every safety check before they roll them out for the masses to use.
We can build from this really.
Re: Nigerians Has Done It Once Again by mrperfect(m): 12:15pm On Dec 18, 2009
This is really something pleasant to reckon with.
Re: Nigerians Has Done It Once Again by ifyalways(f): 2:27pm On Dec 18, 2009
Good development.I hope it wont die a natural death like Ekene dili Chukwus Doll trucks undecided
Re: Nigerians Has Done It Once Again by edoyad(m): 4:24pm On Dec 18, 2009
See the kind of unequivocal support Obama is giving to the US auto industry, na now we go know whether 7 point Agenda is just BS or not. The Kias and Hyundais needed South Korean state support to become what they are today. If your government doesn't buy your vehicles who will ?
Re: Nigerians Has Done It Once Again by Fhemmmy: 4:27pm On Dec 18, 2009
This is beautiful.
Thumbs up.
Re: Nigerians Has Done It Once Again by biggozz(m): 4:40pm On Dec 18, 2009
This guy was already employing over 5000 people over a decade ago in his vegetable oil and auto lubricants factories. I just initiated a move in my firm which consults for growing businesses to ensure this initiative explodes!!, Just hope the man has been exposed to the needs of institutionalising a business, the one man business ideology has been killing my ibo brothers as it makes them shut out every move for networking and professional supports.
Re: Nigerians Has Done It Once Again by AloyEmeka9: 4:50pm On Dec 18, 2009
biggozz:

This guy was already employing over 5000 people over a decade ago in his vegetable oil and auto lubricants factories. I just initiated a move in my firm which consults for growing businesses to ensure this initiative explodes!!, Just hope the man has been exposed to the needs of institutionalising a business, the one man business ideology has been killing my ibo brothers as it makes them shut out every move for networking and professional supports.

What sense does this make?. He created the company singlehandedly and there is no way he can get to this point without professional support. Anthony Ezenna[orange drugs] may arguably be the richest Nigerian businessman who has never taken a dime from the government and he did it singlehandedly with the required professional support. If he refuse your services, that should not suffice for lack of professional support because he may be getting it cheaper elsewhere.
Re: Nigerians Has Done It Once Again by VALIDATOR: 5:41pm On Dec 18, 2009
This is good news.I mean very good news. Nice we are starting from somewhere.
Re: Nigerians Has Done It Once Again by chosen04(f): 6:16pm On Dec 18, 2009
Igbo creativity at its best.
Re: Nigerians Has Done It Once Again by Igwe12: 5:34am On Dec 19, 2009
biggozz:

Your arguments are well taken, but there is so much distrust in the Nigerian citizentry that it makes these men who have worked so hard to build thier companies resistant to any outside input that will potentially jeapardize thier works and effort.
Re: Nigerians Has Done It Once Again by AloyEmeka9: 5:57am On Dec 19, 2009
edoyad:

See the kind of unequivocal support Obama is giving to the US auto industry, na now we go know whether 7 point Agenda is just BS or not. The Kias and Hyundais needed South Korean state support to become what they are today. If your government doesn't buy your vehicles who will ?

I don't think the Hyundais, Daewoos and Kias received any form of financial help from the Korean government. Must our government help in every sector?. The only help he needs from government is the provision of adequate amenities like power, roads and political stability in order to attract investors.
Re: Nigerians Has Done It Once Again by edoyad(m): 9:07am On Dec 19, 2009
^ Support comes in various forms. If you look at the Korean, US, German, French and Japanese police and Armed forces, i doubt if you'd see them using vehicles not made from their respective countries. The countries i just mentioned are some of the biggest producers of auto vehicles in the world.
In India you'll see the police and armed forces using TaTa trucks and other products. Even in the UK, i remember Tony Blairs black Jaguar while he was PM though i'm not up to date with Brown's official car. These kinds of support help not only the companies grow but the general economy altogether because auto companies need smaller companies to supply them with specific parts like windscreens, bulbs, radios etc. Ofcourse they also have to make the companies understand that any drop in quality could cost them the confidence in their products so that they don't become complacent like the US auto makers.
Re: Nigerians Has Done It Once Again by Onlytruth(m): 9:54am On Dec 19, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

I don't think the Hyundais, Daewoos and Kias received any form of financial help from the Korean government. Must our government help in every sector?. The only help he needs from government is the provision of adequate amenities like power, roads and political stability in order to attract investors.

Ah, Ol' boy you sure so? I hate quoting Wikipedia but the quote below shows just a little of a WHOLE LOT that the auto manufacturing countries do to aid their local manufacturers:

In order to develop the automobile industry, the Korean government announced the "Automobile Industry Promotion Policy" in 1962, and The Automobile Industry Protection Act to protect the infant industry. Foreign automakers were barred from operating in Korea, except in joint ventures with local business entities. The government's efforts led to companies that were established in other businesses entering the industry, and the formation of new startups. Three companies were established in 1962:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automotive_industry_in_South_Korea

I boldly state that the top auto manufacturing companies in the world enjoy huge government subsidies and grants. Nigeria just need to get serious with these things to enable us start shifting away from oil money. We need to massively invest in companies and startups like this one. I'm only assuming that we have a country that sees prospect for greatness first in ventures before seeing tribe or region.
Re: Nigerians Has Done It Once Again by MUZBO(m): 10:22am On Dec 19, 2009
Cool
Re: Nigerians Has Done It Once Again by MUZBO(m): 10:57am On Dec 19, 2009
Onlytruth:

Ah, Ol' boy you sure so? I hate quoting Wikipedia but the quote below shows just a little of a WHOLE LOT that the auto manufacturing countries do to aid their local manufacturers:

In order to develop the automobile industry, the Korean government announced the "Automobile Industry Promotion Policy" in 1962, and The Automobile Industry Protection Act to protect the infant industry. Foreign automakers were barred from operating in Korea, except in joint ventures with local business entities. The government's efforts led to companies that were established in other businesses entering the industry, and the formation of new startups. Three companies were established in 1962:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automotive_industry_in_South_Korea

I boldly state that the top auto manufacturing companies in the world enjoy huge government subsidies and grants. Nigeria just need to get serious with these things to enable us start shifting away from oil money. We need to massively invest in companies and startups like this one. I'm only assuming that we have a country that sees prospect for greatness first in ventures before seeing tribe or region.
Re: Nigerians Has Done It Once Again by edoyad(m): 11:05am On Dec 19, 2009
@onlytruth spot on. The multiplier effect of such policies like i said is that small and medium businesses will sprout up to supply the big guns with material. I was shocked when i saw India's MRF tyres advertising on cable tv. A few years back it took one ibo dealer used almost an hour to convince my brother to buy two MRF tyres cos we hadn't heard of them .
Re: Nigerians Has Done It Once Again by vislabraye(m): 11:27am On Dec 19, 2009
This is a good start !!

His company needs support. It would be good for us to be the 1st African country to manufacture it's own vehicle brand
Re: Nigerians Has Done It Once Again by Jaybee2412(m): 1:49pm On Dec 19, 2009
The ingenuity of the Nigerian individual is unparalleled, given the pathetic state of infrastructures and enabling enviroments for industrial development. The man has really done well and congratulations. Shame on the Nigerian government for their failures, This achievement is more than 70 points agenda.

Re: Nigerians Has Done It Once Again by Horus(m): 2:09pm On Dec 19, 2009
vislabraye:

This is a good start !!

His company needs support. It would be good for us to be the 1st African country to manufacture it's own vehicle brand

The best support for his company will be provided if Nigerians decide to buy his cars; buy Nigerian cars !!. The japanese are encouraging japenese people to buy japenese cars First. Is not what the Nigerian car companies should be encouraging their employees and the Nigerians to do?. There is also a very large market to export the cars abroad. The real power and support is in the hand of the consumers, the people who decide to buy the cars. Buy Nigerian cars First!!.
Re: Nigerians Has Done It Once Again by ChapelleS: 3:10pm On Dec 19, 2009
Dey go gree? No be Ndi Igbo? The sick cattle rearers and scavengers from the north go gree? Let them generate 10,000 mw so that the plant can be functional first and leave the rest for the Igbo man with his business acumen.Don't mind them. Inoson plz wait till 2015. When Soludo said that he will transform Anambra to the Dubai of Africa.Do they think it is by building tall storey building.By the way,small dubai is owing over 80 billion dollars,Nigeria's revenue in 2 years.If Nnewi assemblys 50% of cars used in Nigeria and the sub region,do you know how many thousands of jobs that will be created. The revenue will surpass oil. Sick idiots.Let them force themselves out of hospital.Ala were kwe ha.
Re: Nigerians Has Done It Once Again by edoyad(m): 3:22pm On Dec 19, 2009
Chapelle you seemed to have minced so many smart ideas with some stu.pid impressions. Govts at all levels should support this company PERIOD.
Re: Nigerians Has Done It Once Again by SEFAGO(m): 3:27pm On Dec 19, 2009
If Nnewi assemblys 50% of cars used in Nigeria and the sub region,do you know how many thousands of jobs that will be created. [b]The revenue will surpass oil. [/b]Sick idiots.Let them force themselves out of hospital.Ala were kwe ha.

shocked, olodo
Re: Nigerians Has Done It Once Again by ChapelleS: 3:28pm On Dec 19, 2009
Why wont i mince it.Even muddle it. Because of sectarian agenda,we prefer a sick man to over 150million able men and women. where is the 6000mw. Go and drag your president from Jeddah. Does he owe us explanation? Arrant nonsence.
Re: Nigerians Has Done It Once Again by SEFAGO(m): 3:35pm On Dec 19, 2009
The best support for his company will be provided if Nigerians decide to buy his cars; buy Nigerian cars !!. The japanese are encouraging japenese people to buy japenese cars First

Problem no.1 how safe are these cars: I did not see anywhere it was shown that the cars passed several car examination exams, all i read was the car was made, blah, blah blah. The japanese test their cars severely and are known for making some of the finest cars which have been well tested. however, these cars are of doubtful origin- if i hear a car is made in nigeria, I wuld definitely make an effort to at least check it out. But I would also want to be sure that when i get in, I am going to get out of it alive. Its just like telling an Indian they should patronize TATA motors because they are indian, when it is 50% likely they are going to die in that car.

Problem no. 2: Yes, the Government should support this company, but we do not have the prerequisite policy system to do. We do not have a ministry of science and technology, that makes an effor to produce grants to companies who plan to do reserach and technology in Nigeria. This so called car you are all talking about is one probably made from a prototype- it is nothing unique. However, getting to your destination starts with a single step, and this is welcome news. i do believe that even 10% for small business by the nigerian government could yield abundant fruit since hungry nigerians are bursting with ideas tongue
Re: Nigerians Has Done It Once Again by ChapelleS: 3:36pm On Dec 19, 2009
SEFAGO:

shocked, olodo

Anu ofia. Do you know how much Japan,SA and Germany generate from the auto industry annually.How much do you get from oil. Paltry sum of 40b dollars. Do you know how much Obama gave GM. SEFAGO,no be hell you dey,you know watin dey happen for this world Onye iberibe
Re: Nigerians Has Done It Once Again by ChapelleS: 3:40pm On Dec 19, 2009
SEFAGO:

Problem no.1 how safe are these cars: I did not see anywhere it was shown that the cars passed several car examination exams, all i read was the car was made, blah, blah blah. The japanese test their cars severely and are known for making some of the finest cars which have been well tested. however, these cars are of doubtful origin- if i hear a car is made in nigeria, I wuld definitely make an effort to at least check it out. But I would also want to be sure that when i get in, I am going to get out of it alive. Its just like telling an Indian they should patronize TATA motors because they are indian, when it is 50% likely they are going to die in that car.

Problem no. 2: Yes, the Government should support this company, but we do not have the prerequisite policy system to do. We do not have a ministry of science and technology, that makes an effor to produce grants to companies who plan to do reserach and technology in Nigeria. This so called car you are all talking about is one probably made from a prototype- it is nothing unique. However, getting to your destination starts with a single step, and this is welcome news. i do believe that even 10% for small business by the nigerian government could yield abundant fruit since hungry nigerians are bursting with ideas tongue

You are a typical yar'adua,clog in the wheel of progress of Nigeria.You think God is stupid.Let him force his way out of Jeddah.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Solution To Kidnapping: Anti Kidnapping Underground Phones / What Is Airtel Nigeria's Website? / Handcuff Shortage Hits Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.