Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,501 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award (6184 Views)

Van Vicker And Wife Celebrate 12th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / Tonto Dike Caught Sleeping With Van Vicker! / Genevieve Says Van Vicker Can't Act (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by THEAMAKA1: 8:04pm On Dec 19, 2009
daisies:

i dont know how a ghanian will be winning awards in our own country. its really sad!
interesting point you brought up.
and even if he is to win, HE BETTER BE GOOD!! dont come in here with your half-assed acting and mediocer skills and recieve an award in our coutnry. what?
shame to the people who thought he was worthy.
just like the famous Timaya (who i love) on youtube said "Having more subscribers fans, does NOT equal talent." he may have a lot of female fans, but that sure as hell doesnt make him the best actor of the year in NOLLYWOOD.
i dey vex oooooo.
if he was good, i wouldnt care that he is from ghana. but he sucks and our own home talents didnt recieve the award that was rightfully theirs!
angry
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by londoner: 8:04pm On Dec 19, 2009
Whether he is Ghanaian or not is irrelevant, its his acting which is the question.
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by daisies: 8:40pm On Dec 19, 2009
his acting is the reason why he shouldnt even be nominated talk more of receiving an award! besides he cant just drop into our country and start taking awards to his own little nest!
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by daisies: 8:47pm On Dec 19, 2009
besides his acting skills are whack! HE PLAYS THE SAME ROLE, hes forever playing the victim, if you love him tell him to try a new act! how can a guy who is supposed to be the best actor of the year be just a guy who plays 'the same boring roles' in all his movies? someone tell me?
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by meggieblac: 8:53pm On Dec 19, 2009
oge4real:

Van Vicker, best actor? What a joke!
He should have contested most handsome, but his acting is very annoyingingly predictable and boring too.
It's really such a BIG, joke i'm still laughing. They must have been crazy.
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by daisies: 9:00pm On Dec 19, 2009
he is as cold as ice, ANYTIME ANYDAY,
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by kritikul(f): 9:42pm On Dec 19, 2009
So he is married? sad
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by pureminded: 10:48pm On Dec 19, 2009
cool
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by Alxmyr(m): 11:03pm On Dec 19, 2009
No qualms. The award worths 2 pence. I watched it on AIT the other day.
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by 8words(m): 12:35am On Dec 20, 2009
that is why i don't watch nollywood movie again. what a joke. this guy can't act at all.
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by shilling(f): 1:02am On Dec 20, 2009
Congrats to him, although I dont think he deserves it - he's not such an amazin actor. But, if the award was based on his looks, well then. I really wonder who the judges were, and what an insult to other actors - Van winning an award for best actor, those guys shld retire lol.
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by lovemoi2(f): 3:43am On Dec 20, 2009
i will fuc.k him undecided just saying

hes acting suck but his looks any time anyday will eat him raw, he is hot wink
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by Lolladey(f): 5:02am On Dec 20, 2009
can admit to the fact that he is handsome but his acting sucks. they probably gave him the award cos they believe it should go round. saw the awards any way and it was nothing to write home about grin
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by igmacco(m): 6:36am On Dec 20, 2009
@AMAKA,
NA WAH MY SISTER,, YOU SEE DIS TIN, ME TOO I WONDER OOOO,,,,,,,,
SINCE HE HAS WON IT, THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO,
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by H2O2: 6:39am On Dec 20, 2009
man of the year. ahhaaaaahah man of the year my shitter.
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by bigfoot79(m): 6:49am On Dec 20, 2009
Maybe i should go into acting too
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by mohawkchic(f): 8:04am On Dec 20, 2009
~You Dont Say!!! shocked
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by Nizoral(f): 10:29am On Dec 20, 2009
Now am sad, y on earth shud van vicker get dat award? Ok lets say dy just want him 2 get d award cos even aki and pawpaw acts beta dan him *pshew* but anywayz he is kul.
@amaka, i tot u were proudly africa oops ok proudly nigeria.
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by Tudor6(f): 11:22am On Dec 20, 2009
Who the hell is this guy?
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by Engineer96(m): 11:46am On Dec 20, 2009
Majid Michel should have received the award than any other person from the African continent. Reasons are many: he took up and played variety of roles and very well too unlike Van Vicker and Ramsey Noah who are lover boys. He featured in many movies. Michel selects his words while acting as can be seen in Dangerous mother, Passion of Soul, Prety Queen etc unlike Van Vicer et al that uses boring words which make their movies boring as a Nairalander rightly observed. Michel, when closely observed, shows more seriousness when acting just as he told Nadia Buari in Gameboy unlike others that sees it as director's "headache", Michel is much more versatile than all the nominees. The reasons why Majid Michel should have won this and win any other acting award is just endless.
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by slap1(m): 2:03pm On Dec 20, 2009
Dat guy is constant in most of his roles:always talks like he's got a mouthful of boiled eggs even wen d role requires he talks loudly. . .i can't 4get majid mike playin d role of Jesus Christ in one movie. . .dat guy is all out!
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by slap1(m): 2:11pm On Dec 20, 2009
On a 2nd tot letz not crucify Van, witout a kingmaker there ain't gonna be a king. Van didn't steal his plaque!
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by ginky: 2:49pm On Dec 20, 2009
I totally agree with Amaka. Van Vicker can't act and that's the hönest truth. He can't potray emotions,infact he's BLANK. Mike and Nonso were better choices.Why I didn't mention Ramsey is because it looks like he's no longer "that" active. The majority of people that voted for him must have been ladies that were just blinded by his looks.
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by ginky: 2:49pm On Dec 20, 2009
I totally agree with Amaka. Van Vicker can't act and that's the hönest truth. He can't potray emotions,infact he's BLANK. Mike and Nonso were better choices.Why I didn't mention Ramsey is because it looks like he's no longer "that" active. The majority of people that voted for him must have been ladies that were just blinded by his looks.
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by bandely(m): 3:09pm On Dec 20, 2009
Good for him.
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by THEAMAKA1: 3:25pm On Dec 20, 2009
Nizoral:

@amaka, i tot u were proudly africa oops ok proudly nigeria.
hmmmm i dont make room for bull****
im sorry, but i feel insulted that someone with no talent would come from another country and steal the award from someone that should have gotten it in their own backyard. (i.e.) thats like if a bad actress like sophia tchidi chikere would go to gollywood and win an award where others like yvonne nelson and jackie appiah were being nominated. who would tolerate some talentless jargon from another coutnry to come and take something they dont deserve?
well eat this: I THINK MAJID MICHEL SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED AND SHOULD HAVE WON!!!
he is the best thing in gollywood and nollywood right now. he deserves it, more than anyone else. AND he did charity work, or isnt that part of the purpose of this award? where was Van's charity? nowhere to be found.
majid has worked his butt off this year and did give back to the community. shior.

Engineer96:

Majid Michel should have received the award than any other person from the African continent. Reasons are many: he took up and played variety of roles and very well too unlike Van Vicker and Ramsey Noah who are lover boys. He featured in many movies. Michel selects his words while acting as can be seen in Dangerous mother, Passion of Soul, Prety Queen etc unlike Van Vicer et al that uses boring words which make their movies boring as a Nairalander rightly observed. Michel, when closely observed, shows more seriousness when acting just as he told Nadia Buari in Gameboy unlike others that sees it as director's "headache", Michel is much more versatile than all the nominees. The reasons why Majid Michel should have won this and win any other acting award is just endless.
yessss oooo, i dey hear you!
+1
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by mindeh(f): 3:41pm On Dec 20, 2009
hey give the guy some credit.I just love watchinh him.He is so hot. wink
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by Digriz(m): 4:01pm On Dec 20, 2009
U shuld'nt be surprised dat he got d award cos dats Naija 4 u, who likes celebrating anothers inferiority against their own superiority. A typical of one d three major ethnic group wt letter ''b'' b4 d last letter.
Am nt surprised and dats d reason why we are'nt progressing.
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by daisies: 4:28pm On Dec 20, 2009
van vicker should find himself a spot in the "sexiest male of the year award" if there is one! he should not bother his empty head trying to be in the category of guys like "mike ezuronye" or "nonso!" for Pete's sake this guy does not know how to interprete his roles so how in Gods name did he do it? winning the award i mean,  i just hope he did not use jazz on the organizers of the award. they must have been under a spell to have nominated him talk more of letting hike home with the award! that's damn!
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by waleski(m): 7:05pm On Dec 20, 2009
who is dis van vicker guy that everybody is making noise abt undecided
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by b0y(m): 7:46pm On Dec 20, 2009
Effing HATERZZzz! Suppose the guy's done a stint for top film studios in hollywood like MGM or 20thCentury Fox i bet you foo.ls wouldn't say he's nothing much of a good actor, Gawd what is wrong with people on NL?!
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by THEAMAKA1: 7:51pm On Dec 20, 2009
b0y:

Effing HATERZZzz! Suppose the guy's done a stint for top film studios in hollywood like MGM or 20thCentury Fox i bet you foo.ls wouldn't say he's nothing much of a good actor, Gawd what is wrong with people on NL?!
[size=20pt]AND WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?[/size]  shocked shocked shocked
hahahahaha!!! have you ever seen some of his acting?
watch at least 5 of his movies and report back to me, you hear?
he would never see the daylight of MGM or 20th Century Fox. hahahahaha!! boy stop dreaming.
no one is hating, we just call it like we see it.

and if the "guy's dont a stingt for top film stuidios in hollywood like MGM or 20thCentury Fox" he would most likely be a good actor, not the rubbish he is now. what kind of comparison is that? WACK!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shame On Michael Essien, See Fathers Lifestyle B4 Death. / She's A Model, But How She Looks Will Shock You / Rapper, Nicki Minaj Shares Sultry Photos In A Seductive Pose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.