Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,129 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award (6183 Views)

Van Vicker And Wife Celebrate 12th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / Tonto Dike Caught Sleeping With Van Vicker! / Genevieve Says Van Vicker Can't Act (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by daisies: 8:08pm On Dec 20, 2009
b0y:

Effing HATERZZzz! Suppose the guy's done a stint for top film studios in hollywood like MGM or 20thCentury Fox i bet you foo.ls wouldn't say he's nothing much of a good actor, Gawd what is wrong with people on NL?!
when someone is good we say he is good, did he pay you or something? i wonder why you are taking sides with him, may be when you watch his movies you will know what sort of comments to make about him. as for now i will take it to be that you are a little bit tipsee,
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by Jaybee2412(m): 8:44pm On Dec 20, 2009
He's got the look but not the talent
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by ginky: 8:44pm On Dec 20, 2009
There is a definition that says to act means to pretend. When one is acting,the basic thing is to feel the role of the character he/she is supposed to potray. The first time I watched a film Van acted(Beyonce),I was infuriated.This was the guy everyone was talking about like he was topshot. I never knew that nollywood producers would feature such a person in a film. This shows that they don't have sense. When I watched "dangerous mother" acted by Majid Michael,I was stunned. I knew he could act based on the soap opera (things we do for love) he acted previously but I wasn't expecting to see such a brilliant performance. Let's face it,Van is bullshit, when it comes to acting.
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 20, 2009
He is great to look at, I wouldnt lie but he needs to go back to acting school and take up more challenging roles.
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by THEAMAKA1: 9:00pm On Dec 20, 2009
ginky:

There is a definition that says to act means to pretend. When one is acting,the basic thing is to feel the role of the character he/she is supposed to potray. The first time I watched a film Van acted(Beyonce),I was infuriated.This was the guy everyone was talking about like he was topshot. I never knew that nollywood producers would feature such a person in a film. This shows that they don't have sense. When I watched "dangerous mother" acted by Majid Michael,I was stunned. I knew he could act based on the soap opera (things we do for love) he acted previously but I wasn't expecting to see such a brilliant performance. Let's face it,Van is bullshit, when it comes to acting.
true.
most nollywood movies are soap opera like, so i see where he had a leg-up on that one.
a lot of nollywood movies remind me of soap operas like "Passions" "Days of our Lives" "The Guiding Light" "The Bold and the Beautiful" "General Hospital" ect. . . lol
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by Akinagirl(f): 9:51pm On Dec 20, 2009
Dont really watch African movies, But WOW, that man is HOTT!!
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by daisies: 10:00pm On Dec 20, 2009
Akinagirl:

Dont really watch African movies, But WOW, that man is HOTT!!
wow nothing! think of his horrible acts and you will see he is as cold and wet as a squeaky brown mouse!
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by whitesturd(f): 10:50pm On Dec 20, 2009
left to me,dis dude doesnt deserve it,i mean hes handsome n all that but his acting skills are just NO,NO for me,i mean dis guy acts like the whole thing is jst lyk some childs play,he doesnt put emotions in it at all.even Mike Majid is still a better actor compared to him,All the same,he won it so gud 4 him.
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by lctewand(f): 10:52pm On Dec 20, 2009
plz who awarded him man of d year??
i think d person should start watching Nollywood movies,
first of all his acting is not dat gud  so ,   i cant even imagine him actin anything but lover boi , 
he"s hot but still not the hottest actor on screen
next he is not so popular,  he hasnt done anything commendable or anything to b remembered for
so y  should he win MAN OF THE YEAR AWARD

LUCKY HIM, he really shouldn't expect it again
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by daisies: 11:04pm On Dec 20, 2009
lctewand:

plz who awarded him man of d year??
i think d person should start watching Nollywood movies,
first of all his acting is not dat gud so , i cant even imagine him actin anything but lover boi ,
he"s hot but still not the hottest actor on screen
next he is not so popular, he hasnt done anything commendable or anything to b remembered for
so y should he win MAN OF THE YEAR AWARD

LUCKY HIM, he really shouldn't expect it again

well said girlfriend! i was waiting for someone to really dissect his acting! you are absolutely rite!
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by eezzy(f): 6:41am On Dec 21, 2009
why are people talking of his looks when it was acting being judged? In my opinion mike, ramsey, desmond and jim iyke though am not sure he was nominated are more deserving of such an award.
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by blackasia: 8:05am On Dec 21, 2009
IN NIGERIA ASIANS WILL WIN A NIGERIAN IN LAW COURT, IN NIGERIA AN OUTSIDER WILL BE CONSIDERED, BUT LET NIGERIANS WIN A MEDAL IN ANY COUNTRY,PEOPLE WILL BE QUICK TO CALL US NAME
AS MUCH AS I HATE THINGS ABOUT 9JA, THIS IS ONE OF THE THINGS U CANT TAKE AWAY FROM THEM LOVE FOR FOREIGNERS, CONGRAT VAN
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by rhymz(m): 8:19am On Dec 21, 2009
blackasia:

IN NIGERIA ASIANS WILL  WIN A NIGERIAN IN LAW COURT, IN NIGERIA AN OUTSIDER WILL BE CONSIDERED, BUT LET NIGERIANS WIN A MEDAL IN ANY COUNTRY,PEOPLE WILL BE QUICK TO CALL US NAME
AS MUCH AS I HATE THINGS ABOUT 9JA,  THIS IS ONE OF THE THINGS U CANT TAKE AWAY FROM THEM LOVE FOR FOREIGNERS,  CONGRAT VAN
U re so correct.Ghanaians will never acknowledge nigerians in Ghana for things like dis. . Lai lai. . .instead they will rather go on a media campaign spree against us if such a thing should happen in Ghana.
Besidez,that Guy is just average,I ve seen some of his works,besides his good command of english Language and his very good looks,he is lacking in so many things.He doesn't know how to bring out emotions but he's picking up fast unlike his other ghanaian counterpart nadia,apia and co.Those ones re just fine faces, no real acting skills.I don't know the criteria that were used to judge him but am sure it's not based on skillz coz I can count up to 10 actorz with thesame Good lookz and command of english lang with way better acting skillz. . .any sha congrats to him sha
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by naliakar: 12:10pm On Dec 21, 2009
THE.AMAKA:

true.
most nollywood movies are soap opera like, so i see where he had a leg-up on that one.
a lot of nollywood movies remind me of soap operas like "Passions" "Days of our Lives" "The Guiding Light" "The Bold and the Beautiful" "General Hospital" ect. . . lol

Except those acted by that great lady ooh? Those are real movies. THE AMAKA don't you agree?
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by Meldrick(m): 12:55pm On Dec 21, 2009
Nigerian producers just feel acting is about featuring a fine boy or girl in their movies. They don't know it is all about the actor interpreting the role assigned to him/her perfectly.

Nonso Diobi was supposed to win the award.
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by londoner: 1:45pm On Dec 21, 2009
Ghanaians actually do agknowledge Nigerian talent and give awards to Nigerians, especially in music.
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by zeedee(f): 4:56pm On Dec 21, 2009
cute, not-so-tall hotness!!! grin
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by Kx: 5:00pm On Dec 21, 2009
Majid should have won instead.

Watch the movie Crisis to Christ,u ll c why the guy is the best.

But,are we saying there are no good Nigerian actors to win the award
in our soil??
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by THEAMAKA1: 6:06pm On Dec 21, 2009
blackasia:

IN NIGERIA ASIANS WILL  WIN A NIGERIAN IN LAW COURT, IN NIGERIA AN OUTSIDER WILL BE CONSIDERED, BUT LET NIGERIANS WIN A MEDAL IN ANY COUNTRY,PEOPLE WILL BE QUICK TO CALL US NAME
AS MUCH AS I HATE THINGS ABOUT 9JA,  THIS IS ONE OF THE THINGS U CANT TAKE AWAY FROM THEM LOVE FOR FOREIGNERS,  CONGRAT VAN

Kx:

Majid should have won  instead.

Watch the movie Crisis to Christ,u ll c why the guy is the best.

But,are we saying there are no good Nigerian actors to win the award
in our soil??
[size=20pt]GBAM!!![/size]
i dey hear you people ooooo.
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by sola310: 7:14pm On Dec 21, 2009
guy is very cute. I like him and his act
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by mamagee3(f): 2:14am On Dec 22, 2009
Akinagirl:

Dont really watch African movies,  But WOW, that man is HOTT!!

You think? undecided
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by johndavid1(m): 10:03am On Dec 23, 2009
why will some girls be so sentimental cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by oneluvb55(f): 7:49pm On Dec 23, 2009
de guy is susky and dere is no two ways abt it.
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by oneluvb55(f): 7:50pm On Dec 23, 2009
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by MissyB1(m): 12:00pm On Dec 24, 2009
He deserves it.
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by THEAMAKA1: 4:03pm On Dec 24, 2009
oneluvb55:

mhmm, i would expect that coming from you.
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by yme1(f): 1:49am On Dec 26, 2009
congrats to my lovely honey
he deserves it
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by ijawgirl: 2:31am On Dec 26, 2009
Congrats to him. Even though I am not really a big fan of him
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by Anabel(f): 1:01am On Dec 27, 2009
who is van damme or van watever, i don't watch Nigerian movies, they are punked
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by THEAMAKA1: 1:03am On Dec 27, 2009
when you people say "he deserved it" i know you arent talking about his acting. lipsrsealed
does that mean you don't know your left from your right? na wa oooo
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by Anabel(f): 1:30am On Dec 27, 2009
THE.AMAKA:

when you people say "he deserved it" i know you arent talking about his acting. lipsrsealed
does that mean you don't know your left from your right? na wa oooo

they are talking abt his looks
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by THEAMAKA1: 4:05am On Dec 27, 2009
Anabel:

they are talking abt his looks
of course.
thats why they dont know their left from their right. lol grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rapper, Nicki Minaj Shares Sultry Photos In A Seductive Pose / Shame On Michael Essien, See Fathers Lifestyle B4 Death. / She's A Model, But How She Looks Will Shock You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.