Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,283 members, 7,846,291 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Presidency Hails Ambode, Says Lagos Will Always Get Better - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Hails Ambode, Says Lagos Will Always Get Better (474 Views)

Why Roads In Lagos Will Always Be Flooded When It Rains (PHOTO) / The Lagos Of Our Dreams: This Is What Lagos Will Be Like By 2025 - Ambode / Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency Hails Ambode, Says Lagos Will Always Get Better by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 14, 2017
More commendations keep coming the way of Lagos State Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode as the Presidency on Tuesday described his performance since assuming office as fantastic.

Speaking in a chat with newsmen, Special Adviser to the President on Political Matters, Senator Babefemi Ojudu said Lagos State will always get better under Ambode’s visionary leadership.

Ojudu, who said he personally praised Governor Ambode when they met at the last National Economic Council meeting in Abuja said the progress being witnessed in Lagos is as a result of a solid foundation laid by Governor’s Ambode’s predecessors.

“ On Governor Akinwunmi Ambode’s performance in Lagos I have just a word for it : Fantastic. I told him so when I met him at the last National Economic Council meeting in Abuja. He is doing a great job. Lagos will always get better . That's the benefit of a solid foundation”.

It will be recalled that a former deputy national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Olabode George also hailed Ambode on his efforts in the areas of infrastructural developments urging the governor to do more in order to etch his name in gold upon the completion of his assignments in office.
George, who is the Atona Oodua of Yorubaland, said though he has never met Governor Ambode and they belong to different political parties, the governor deserves commendation for what he has done so far in the areas of infrastructural developments in Epe local government and other parts of the state and also in the area of traffic decongestion in the state.

While admitting that governing a cosmopolitan city like Lagos is a huge task, George, who hails from Lagos Island Local government in the state also appealed to the governor to help in developing his local government and other areas of the state.

According to him “I have never met this young man but I must say that I am impressed with his performance so far especially in the area of infrastructural developments. I don’t know everywhere in Lagos because I hardly go round but I must sincerely commend him on what he is doing in Epe Local Government. I am very proud of what he is doing there. I passed through Epe recently and I thought I was in a different state”.

Re: Presidency Hails Ambode, Says Lagos Will Always Get Better by giantstrides(m): 1:43pm On Mar 14, 2017
Nothing surprising, Ojudu and Ambode belong to the same camp. Nevertheless, the governor has really tried by making sure everywhere is developed gradually. Unlike his elitist predecessor .
Re: Presidency Hails Ambode, Says Lagos Will Always Get Better by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 14, 2017
Useless hail sad sad
Re: Presidency Hails Ambode, Says Lagos Will Always Get Better by AngelicBeing: 2:02pm On Mar 14, 2017
Hailing him while Lagosians are passing through extreme hardship, poverty, stress and depression , as along as it doesn't trickle down to the masses enjoying a quality life, it is a useless hailing & also useless politicians sad embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Kwankwaso Accuses Atiku, Ganduje Of Plotting To Float A New Party / Check Out The Nigerian Blogger Who Went Missing For Days Found Dead In Bauchi[ / Appeal Court Nullifies Ondo Ex-deputy Gov’s Impeachment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.