Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,792 members, 7,810,060 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:45 PM

Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup (20982 Views)

The Best Nigerian Afang Soup Recipe / Nigerian Afang Soup / Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Vegetable Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by Zane2point4(m): 8:00pm On Mar 14, 2017
Or this egusi and white man.. ..

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by figure007(m): 8:00pm On Mar 14, 2017
Divay22:
Somebody or anybody pls bring Eba o shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked :oChai
guy you wicked .... For those of us Wey hungry now see wetin you post !!! shocked shocked make I see pounded yam for this kin soup ...ahhhh...you know the rest of the story
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by Divay22(f): 8:13pm On Mar 14, 2017
figure007:
guy you wicked .... For those of us Wey hungry now see wetin you post !!! shocked shocked make I see pounded yam for this kin soup ...ahhhh...you know the rest of the story
you too like food joor....person can not play with you.
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by figure007(m): 8:23pm On Mar 14, 2017
Divay22:
you too like food joor....person can not play with you.
..lol.... Honestly I love food...especially when its all these kin soup....I just dey wonder how man go cope for foreign land without all these foods

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by Cutehector(m): 8:30pm On Mar 14, 2017
blesoh:

Really? grin grin better don't come before I hear stories tongue
like seriously... Cmon.. Where do u base?
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by blesoh(f): 9:11pm On Mar 14, 2017
Cutehector:
like seriously... Cmon.. Where do u base?
Calabar wink
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by Cutehector(m): 9:12pm On Mar 14, 2017
blesoh:

Calabar wink
ok.. Am based in port harcourt
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by Scarpon(m): 10:09pm On Mar 14, 2017
I have threw afang soup worth 7k just because I didn't trust the lady that cooked it 4 days after my akwaibom half sister visited me and make another afang soup I regretted it
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by titiakins: 10:10pm On Mar 14, 2017
Sultty:
Stop stop! Abeg u r already making my mouth watery se u want make dem know say i never chop cry
shoe material
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by phintohlar(f): 11:08pm On Mar 14, 2017
oluwasegun007:

Good.... grin grin
okay.. Fear catch me ni
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by oluwasegun007(m): 11:12pm On Mar 14, 2017
phintohlar:
okay.. Fear catch me ni

fear for wat....
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by phintohlar(f): 11:21pm On Mar 14, 2017
oluwasegun007:

fear for wat....
of wat u said earliar now.. Buh it's clear now
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by phintohlar(f): 11:21pm On Mar 14, 2017
oluwasegun007:

fear for wat....
of wat u said earliar now.. Buh it's clear now
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by Sultty(m): 12:29am On Mar 15, 2017
titiakins:
shoe material
one man's poison is another man's food grin
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by Nobody: 3:23am On Mar 15, 2017
Don't you think blending the ukazi leave will make the soup bitter? Men that leave is bitter for my liken
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by calabardick(m): 3:53am On Mar 15, 2017
Jerryojozy:
Afang soup my favorite. Akwa Ibom ayaya! Aboikpa ayaya!

Genius J

Akparawa
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by arsenic33(m): 3:57am On Mar 15, 2017
[quote author=SlimBrawnie post=54583682]I need to learn this particular one for my future hubbys sake[/quote
Come I go teach you
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by Jerryojozy(m): 6:14am On Mar 15, 2017
calabardick:

Akparawa
Usido?
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by ikemesit4477: 6:45am On Mar 15, 2017
VastfinderBlog:

Afang soup retains one of the leading positions being among the most treasured and often-cooked Nigerian soups. When you have never tried out and prepare this fragrant soup, it is about time to do it. We propose you one of the very most popular recipe of the Nigerian veggie soup. Benefit from the cooking process and undoubtedly, the final result.

Many adore this soup {since it is well prepared with fruit and vegetables, so Afang soup is effective for health, nutritive possesses fiber.

Enough theory, let us start the useful part. Now it is a higher time for the question:

Ingredients for Afang soup:
*. One kilo of fresh water leaves;
*. 0,5 cup of grounded crawfish;
*. 200 grams of fresh Ukazi leaves;
*. Three stock cubes (the one you like best);
*. 1 head of naturally dried fish;
*. 2 not very big fried or better grilled fish;
*. 1,5 cups of palm-oil;
*. One cup of winkles plus one cup of snail (it is optional, so you may add them if you want)
*. Salt and pepper;
*. Several onions;
*. 1 kilo of meat for your taste (chicken, beef, goat).

Recipe for Afang soup:
• Prepare snails and periwinkles: wash periwinkles and snails,
Advice: Try to buy already precleaned periwinkles, usually sellers make all the manipulations. To get rid of the sliminess of snails use juice (lime or grape).

• Wash and bland fresh Ukazi leaves, if in you place you have no possibility to find the fresh leaves, you may freely substitute them by the dried.

• Wash and cut by the kitchen knife water leaves. In the case you do not want your soup to be so watery, just squeeze water leaves before hand and only after add to the soup.

• Wash meat, cut it into the desired slices, put into saucepan.

• Precook the meat with two cubes, chapped onions, pepper and salt.

• Remove the spine of the grilled fish and wash up the head of naturally dried fish. Add ready roasted fish and the head to the meat, process the cooking until is done.

• Pour palm-oil, crawfish, black pepper, salt, snails, and winkles and stew for additional 5 mins

• Add water leaves and stew for another 5 mins before you add Ukazi leaves.

• Stew for additional 5 mins, turn off the heat and leave for several mins.

• Enjoy fragrant Afang soup!

Hope you will like our recipe and fill share it with your friends. Take a chance to find other interesting recipes of Nigerian soups and traditional dishes on our site. Bon Appetite!

Source: http://www.thistrend.com.ng/2017/03/recipe-how-to-prepare-nigerian-afang.html

lalasticlala, Mynd44, Sissy3, dominique, Seun
Adding onions is optional!
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by Debbime(f): 7:49am On Mar 15, 2017
"ayaya a nanndo!!!!"

Jerryojozy:
Afang soup my favorite. Akwa Ibom ayaya!

Genius J
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 15, 2017
Jerryojozy:
Afang soup my favorite. Akwa Ibom ayaya!

Genius J

Is it Akwa ibom or Cross River?

Do you cook afang better than an Efik person? See Ibibio dey compare their cooking with Efik cheesy
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by Jerryojozy(m): 9:14am On Mar 15, 2017
Pidgin2:

Do you cook afang better than an Efik person? See Ibibio dey compare their cooking with Efik cheesy
Guy forget that thing Ibibio sabi pass

Genius J
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by yanabasee(m): 9:36am On Mar 15, 2017
SlimBrawnie:
I need to learn this particular one for my future hubbys sake

lemme teach u how to prepare it... you n ur future hubby will love it...
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by Jerryojozy(m): 6:48pm On Mar 15, 2017
Pidgin2:

No one cooks better cos the recipe is same.

Genius J
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup by juman(m): 10:53pm On Mar 15, 2017
Remember to drink a lot of water daily.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? / Yoruba Cuisines To Try / Peak Milk Launches Peak Milky Pap With 'life Evolves, So Has Pap' Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.