Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Faqs: Postinor 1&2- Every Important Thing You Need To Know!!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Faqs: Postinor 1&2- Every Important Thing You Need To Know!!! (7144 Views)

Is It Possible For One To Be Pregnant After Taking Postinor / Postinor 2 Prices In Nigeria (pregnancy Prevention Pill) 2019 / Lady In Shock After Knowing That Postinor 2 (contraceptive) Could Do This To Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Faqs: Postinor 1&2- Every Important Thing You Need To Know!!! by watchamacallit: 10:58am On Mar 15, 2017
Source: DOCTORSHUB NIGERIA

There is a growing demand for postinor, world over. This growing demand is not unconnected to the fact that hundreds of thousands of unwanted pregnancies occur yearly with a lot of them resulting in the death of young women from botched abortions. The need for an emergency contraceptive that helps avert this disaster is the reason why postinor is popular drug among women today.

However, very few women actually understand how postinor works. The larger majority of women display a shocking but pardonable ignorance of the workings of postinor despite its profound and widespread usage among females.

Anyways, for all those who may yet not understand the drug or who are using it but have one or two questions to ask, or complaints to make, below are a list of FAQs with answers tailored to address each question adequately. If at the end you feel your complaint has not been addressed, don't hesitate to contact us for a more personal consultation.

FAQ #1. Is postinor an abortion drug?

Answer: No, postinor is not an abortion drug. Contrary to to popular beliefs that postinor can be used to terminate a pregnancy, available facts have debunked that myth. Postinor is not an abortion drug i.e it does not bring about the termination of an already implanted pregnancy. No matter the quantity you swallow, it will never work as an abortion drug.

FAQ #2. Is postinor 1 and postinor 2 the same?

Answer: In terms of active ingredient, yes. They both contain levonorgestrel, a progestogen-only formula, and as such, have the same mechanism of action. However, postinor 1 has just one tablet while postinor has two tablets. Again, postinor 1 is taken at once as a single dose. With postinor 2 however, the first tablet is taken immediately while the second one is taken 12 hours after the first tablet.

FAQ #3. How safe is postinor?

Answer: very safe. The safety of postinor has been established, world over. The rumors about its unsafeness peddled by unscrupulous bloggers looking for cheap traffic to their sites is unfounded and baseless. Postinor only has levonorgestrel as its active ingredient- and as far as we (medical practitioners) know, levonorgestrel is very safe to use.

FAQ #4. Does postinor cause cancer?

Answer: Again, NO-it does not. This is yet another falsehood spread by mischief makers and fear mongers. As a matter of fact, the use of postinor has been found to prevent the occurence of genital tract cancers e.g endometrial cancer.

FAQ #5. How long should I wait before taking it?

Answer: Don't wait at all. As soon as you have had an unprotected sex where your partner ejaculated inside of you, reach for postinor and swallow it asap. This is because the more you delay taking it, the higher the chances that it will fail to prevent conception. Usually, you don't want to let it pass 72 hours before taking it. At this point, the risk of failure is significantly increased.

Also read "HOW TO CALCULATE THE SAFE DAYS OF YOUR CYCLE" here:http://doctorshub.com.ng/2017/03/11/how-to-calculate-the-safe-days-of-your-cycle/

FAQ #6. Can it make me have irregular periods?

Answer: Yes. Postinor can delay your next menstruation by up to 5 days, just like it can make it come earlier by up to 5 days. It all depends on the individual involved. Most women who experience the delay get worried and start to panic because they are afraid the delay may be the result of pregnancy.

FAQ #7. How exactly does it work?

Answer: Postinor's effect is felt in two ways,
It increases the production of cervical mucus and makes it almost impossible for the sperm cells to swim and the eggs.
Because levonorgestrel is a progestogen, it mimics the effect of progesterone by preventing ovulation i.e it prevents the release of eggs, hence, even if the sperms sail through, they will be horribly be disappointed by having nothing to penetrate and fertilize.

FAQ #8. What will happen if I mistakenly take 2 tablets at once?

Answer: Very occasionally, some women mistakenly take two tablets at once. Why this is not the standard practice, there is nothing outragoues that occurs when this happen. Except for the temporary persistence of side effects like nausea, vomiting and irregular menses, nothing out of the ordinary happens.

FAQ #9. Will postinor make me barren later in the future?

Answer: Postinor does not cause barrenness. Usually, its half-life is between 17-24 hours, after which its effect dissipates, and menstruation returns, although its return may be delayed or earlier than normal. Just to emphasize the point: postinor DOES NOT cause barrenness.

FAQ #10. Can I take it on an empty stomach?

Answer: YES. There is no restrictions on it. You can take it either on an empty stomach or after a meal.

FAQ #11. What common side effects should I expect after taking postinor?

Answer: Minor side effects such as nausea, vomiting, menstrual irregularities (blood spots, delayed period, etc) are some of the side effects witnessed after taking postinor. In any case, they are usually mild and not serious enough to require medical attention.

FAQ #12. What should I do if I vomit after taking it?

Answer: If you vomit within 3 hours after taken postinor, you should get another tablet and take it. This is because it has been found that within that time frame, the drug's effect would not have been fully established for pregnancy prevention to be achieved. So taken another pill as a precautionary measure is not out of practice.

FAQ #13. Can I take it more than once per month?

Answer: Absolutely! Although, this is not the usual standard practice. WHO advises that it be limited to once per month. However, in the event that it is taken more than once, there is no serious complication except for the persistence of the usual side effects. For example, taking it twice or thrice within the same month can make one experience prolonged nausea, vomiting and menstrual irregularities. Apart those, there is nothing immediately demaging from using it more than once per month.

NB: Postinor should never replace the use of other long term birth control methods. It is only for emergency contraception. Because it is a steroid, regular use predisposes one to some of the harmful effects caused by steroid overuse.

Also read "HOW TO CALCULATE THE SAFE DAYS OF YOUR CYCLE" here:http://doctorshub.com.ng/2017/03/11/how-to-calculate-the-safe-days-of-your-cycle/

Thanks for reading

4 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Faqs: Postinor 1&2- Every Important Thing You Need To Know!!! by 2dice01: 11:11am On Mar 15, 2017
some ladies blood don turn postinos 2

3 Likes

Re: Faqs: Postinor 1&2- Every Important Thing You Need To Know!!! by iPopAlomo(m): 11:12am On Mar 15, 2017
Oshay OP!!! grin

8 Likes

Re: Faqs: Postinor 1&2- Every Important Thing You Need To Know!!! by watchamacallit: 11:19am On Mar 15, 2017
iPopAlomo:
Oshay OP!!! grin
Lol. That Mr Ibu's pic though.

1 Like

Re: Faqs: Postinor 1&2- Every Important Thing You Need To Know!!! by watchamacallit: 11:24am On Mar 15, 2017
2dice01:
some ladies blood don turn postinos 2
I don't know about that tho lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Faqs: Postinor 1&2- Every Important Thing You Need To Know!!! by 2dice01: 11:46am On Mar 15, 2017
watchamacallit:
I don't know about that tho lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
its obvious bro..
Re: Faqs: Postinor 1&2- Every Important Thing You Need To Know!!! by naijaboiy: 1:11pm On Mar 15, 2017
For the girls grin
Re: Faqs: Postinor 1&2- Every Important Thing You Need To Know!!! by SmellingAnus(m): 1:28pm On Mar 15, 2017
Op there is no drug in Nigeria called postinor 1 grin... Don't mind me I understand want you mean but their is no drug called postinor 1 in Nigeria... It is called Postinor and not Postinor 1... Thanks for the information cool
Re: Faqs: Postinor 1&2- Every Important Thing You Need To Know!!! by Damian2016: 1:31pm On Mar 15, 2017
Thanks OP for the repost!
Re: Faqs: Postinor 1&2- Every Important Thing You Need To Know!!! by Damian2016: 1:35pm On Mar 15, 2017
SmellingAnus:
Op there is no drug in Nigeria called postinor 1 grin... Don't mimd me I understand want you mean but their is no drug called postinor 1 in Nigeria... It is called Postinor and not Postinor 1... Thanks for the information cool
SmellingAnus:
Op there is no drug in Nigeria called postinor 1 grin... Don't mimd me I understand want you mean but their is no drug called postinor 1 in Nigeria... It is called Postinor and not Postinor 1... Thanks for the information cool
actually, there is, Sir. Psotinor one was the first creation of the manufcaturers. It is a 1.5mg drug. Even though postinor 2, which contains 2 tablets (each one a 0.75mg drug) has largely taken over, there are still a few pharmacies that sell. Make your research.

1 Like

Re: Faqs: Postinor 1&2- Every Important Thing You Need To Know!!! by SmellingAnus(m): 1:43pm On Mar 15, 2017
Damian2016:
actually, there is, Sir. Postinor one was the first creation of the manufcaturers. It is a 1.5mg drug. Even though postinor 2, which contains 2 tablets (each one a 0.75mg drug) has largely taken over, there are still a few pharmacies that sell. Make your research.
really? I am open to learn anyway but wish you could add a pic of postinor 1 to cure my ignorance
Re: Faqs: Postinor 1&2- Every Important Thing You Need To Know!!! by Damian2016: 2:02pm On Mar 15, 2017
SmellingAnus:
really? I am open to learn anyway but wish you could add a pic of postinor 1 to cure my ignorance
Here, Sir.

Re: Faqs: Postinor 1&2- Every Important Thing You Need To Know!!! by watchamacallit: 2:10pm On Mar 15, 2017
Damian2016:
Thanks OP for the repost!
You welcome, Sir. You guys are doing a great job. Weldone, Sir.
Re: Faqs: Postinor 1&2- Every Important Thing You Need To Know!!! by SmellingAnus(m): 2:11pm On Mar 15, 2017
Damian2016:
Here, Sir.
oh... Much thanks... Good a thing I was willing to learn.... How come this particular drug seems not to be popular like postinor?
Re: Faqs: Postinor 1&2- Every Important Thing You Need To Know!!! by Damian2016: 2:22pm On Mar 15, 2017
SmellingAnus:
oh... Much thanks... Good a thing I was willing to learn.... How come this particular drug seems not to be popular like postinor?
You are welcome, sir. The thing is, postinor 2 has been found to be much more effective due to the 12-hour spacing between taking the first tablet and the next. If I can give an unrelated analogy: the effect of postinor 1 is like a student who reads for 5hours straight without break while postinor 2 is like the student who reads for 5hrs but instead of towing the line of the first student, he instead punctuates his reading with 15mins breaks every now and then for better comprehension.I hope this helps.
Re: Faqs: Postinor 1&2- Every Important Thing You Need To Know!!! by SmellingAnus(m): 3:39pm On Mar 15, 2017
Damian2016:
You are welcome, sir. The thing is, postinor 2 has been found to be much more effective due to the 12-hour spacing between taking the first tablet and the next. If I can give an unrelated analogy: the effect of postinor 1 is like a student who reads for 5hours straight without break while postinor 2 is like the student who reads for 5hrs but instead of towing the line of the first student, he instead punctuates his reading with 15mins breaks every now and then for better comprehension.I hope this helps.
yea it helped... But I don't advise ppl to take the two tablets in postinor 2... One is enough for many females although not all the time... I discovered that taking the two tablets increases the risk of the side effects manifesting
Re: Faqs: Postinor 1&2- Every Important Thing You Need To Know!!! by watchamacallit: 4:00pm On Mar 15, 2017
SmellingAnus:
yea it helped... But I don't advise ppl to take the two tablets in postinor 2... One is enough for many females although not all the time... I discovered that taking the two tablets increases the risk of the side effects manifesting
smiley
Re: Faqs: Postinor 1&2- Every Important Thing You Need To Know!!! by Luizkid(m): 5:01pm On Mar 15, 2017
it's cos of this drug u'll hear them say 'am a big gal, i can take care of myself'... that statement can make u fire like a v8 engine
Re: Faqs: Postinor 1&2- Every Important Thing You Need To Know!!! by watchamacallit: 5:51pm On Mar 15, 2017
Luizkid:
it's cos of this drug u'll hear them say 'am a big gal, i can take care of myself'... that statement can make u fire like a v8 engine
Lol. Better be kiaful sha
Re: Faqs: Postinor 1&2- Every Important Thing You Need To Know!!! by Edipee(m): 5:56pm On Mar 15, 2017
#Just passing
Re: Faqs: Postinor 1&2- Every Important Thing You Need To Know!!! by Mznaett: 6:02pm On Mar 15, 2017
Edipee:
#Just passing
*DragsHimBack*
To where?undecided
Guy,me sef shock that case na Possible matterembarassed Enough gist dey shagrin
Re: Faqs: Postinor 1&2- Every Important Thing You Need To Know!!! by Edipee(m): 6:06pm On Mar 15, 2017
Mznaett:

*DragsHimBack*

To where?undecided

Guy,me sef shock that case na Possible matterembarassed Enough gist dey shagrin
Must you quote me, woman? undecided
Re: Faqs: Postinor 1&2- Every Important Thing You Need To Know!!! by Mznaett: 6:15pm On Mar 15, 2017
Edipee:
Ntogho ade mitongue
Re: Faqs: Postinor 1&2- Every Important Thing You Need To Know!!! by Mznaett: 6:15pm On Mar 15, 2017
Edipee:
Ntogho ade mitongue
Edipee:
Ntogho ade mitongue
Re: Faqs: Postinor 1&2- Every Important Thing You Need To Know!!! by Edipee(m): 6:18pm On Mar 15, 2017
Mznaett:

Ntogho ade mitongue
grin it is ' ntungo'
Re: Faqs: Postinor 1&2- Every Important Thing You Need To Know!!! by Mznaett: 6:23pm On Mar 15, 2017
Edipee:
grin it is ' ntungo'
Wareva,I dun careembarassed
Re: Faqs: Postinor 1&2- Every Important Thing You Need To Know!!! by adaksbullet: 6:24pm On Mar 15, 2017
U we no seen womens in these tread, they we excape it like ebola undecided

Hypocitys undecided
Re: Faqs: Postinor 1&2- Every Important Thing You Need To Know!!! by dreamwords: 6:49pm On Mar 15, 2017
Our young girls abuse this drugs like their life depends on it
Re: Faqs: Postinor 1&2- Every Important Thing You Need To Know!!! by phiszo(m): 6:55pm On Mar 15, 2017
Thread for ladies and na guys dey comment
Re: Faqs: Postinor 1&2- Every Important Thing You Need To Know!!! by Edipee(m): 6:57pm On Mar 15, 2017
Mznaett:

Wareva,I dun careembarassed
tongue
Re: Faqs: Postinor 1&2- Every Important Thing You Need To Know!!! by Mznaett: 7:12pm On Mar 15, 2017
Edipee:
tongue
Abeg shift maka see road joorsad

(1) (2) (Reply)

Couple Caught On Camera Having Sex At Their Balcony In Spain / See The Salvage Reply A Nigerian Guy Gave To A Lady Who Tried Shooting Her Shot / Couple Caught Doing It Inside A Car, While Their Child Watches Out [PHOTO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.