Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,887 members, 7,817,613 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

War Against The North: Huge U.S. Aircraft Carrier Arrives South Korea(photos) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / War Against The North: Huge U.S. Aircraft Carrier Arrives South Korea(photos) (5348 Views)

Iran Fires Missile At Mock US Aircraft Carrier During Exercise (Photos) / Israel Will Not Join America In War Against Iran - Benjamin Netanyahu / 100,000Tons, $12.9Billion, U.S. Newest Aircraft Carrier Commissioned(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

War Against The North: Huge U.S. Aircraft Carrier Arrives South Korea(photos) by Explorers(m): 5:33pm On Mar 15, 2017
A nuclear-powered US aircraft carrier arrived in South Korea on Wednesday for joint military exercises in the latest show of force against the North.

The USS Carl Vinson arrived at the southern port of Busan as US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson began a tour of the region, where tensions have escalated in recent weeks with missile launches from the nuclear-armed North and the assassination ofKim Jong-Un's estranged half-brother in Malaysia.

More than 80 aircraft, including the fighter aircraft F/A-18F Super Hornet, the E-2C Hawkeye and the carrier-based EA-18G Growler are on board the super carrier.

South Korea's Yonhap News Agency claims the heightened military presence is part of a plan to decapitate North Korean leadership.

They claim a military official, who wished to remain anonymous, told them: 'A bigger number of and more diverse U.S. special operation forceswill take part in this year's Foal Eagle and Key Resolve exercises to practice missions to infiltrate into the North, remove the North's war command and demolition of its key military facilities.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4315150/US-carrier-South-Korea-force-North.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: War Against The North: Huge U.S. Aircraft Carrier Arrives South Korea(photos) by Nobody: 5:35pm On Mar 15, 2017
Wow really big
Re: War Against The North: Huge U.S. Aircraft Carrier Arrives South Korea(photos) by ichommy(m): 5:35pm On Mar 15, 2017
Explorers:
A nuclear-powered US aircraft carrier arrived in South Korea on Wednesday for joint military exercises in the latest show of force against the North.

The USS Carl Vinson arrived at the southern port of Busan as US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson began a tour of the region, where tensions have escalated in recent weeks with missile launches from the nuclear-armed North and the assassination ofKim Jong-Un's estranged half-brother in Malaysia.

More than 80 aircraft, including the fighter aircraft F/A-18F Super Hornet, the E-2C Hawkeye and the carrier-based EA-18G Growler are on board the super carrier.

South Korea's Yonhap News Agency claims the heightened military presence is part of a plan to decapitate North Korean leadership.

They claim a military official, who wished to remain anonymous, told them: 'A bigger number of and more diverse U.S. special operation forceswill take part in this year's Foal Eagle and Key Resolve exercises to practice missions to infiltrate into the North, remove the North's war command and demolition of its key military facilities.'

@ Bold.

I just dey Observe from Here....
Re: War Against The North: Huge U.S. Aircraft Carrier Arrives South Korea(photos) by Explorers(m): 5:35pm On Mar 15, 2017
An F/A Super Hornet fighter jet takes off from the nuclear-powered USS Carl Vinson aircraft carrier.

F/A Super Hornets and other fighter jets await takeoff aboard the nuclear-powered USS Carl Vinson aircraft carrier.

Re: War Against The North: Huge U.S. Aircraft Carrier Arrives South Korea(photos) by ichommy(m): 5:40pm On Mar 15, 2017
Still Following..

My People where una dey o?

Funjosh, hahn, solidkay ellacute45 paschal47, Smellymouth SirWere.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: War Against The North: Huge U.S. Aircraft Carrier Arrives South Korea(photos) by Explorers(m): 5:40pm On Mar 15, 2017
South Korean and U.S. troops began the large-scale joint drills, which are billed as defensive in nature.

A U.S. F18 fighter jet lands on the deck of U.S. aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson during the annual joint military exercise

Re: War Against The North: Huge U.S. Aircraft Carrier Arrives South Korea(photos) by Explorers(m): 5:42pm On Mar 15, 2017
US Navy crew members run next to an E-2C Hawkeye as it lands on the deck of the USS Carl Vinson.

US Navy crew members stand by an EA-18G Growler electronic warfareaircraft on the deck of the Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson.

Re: War Against The North: Huge U.S. Aircraft Carrier Arrives South Korea(photos) by Blakjewelry(m): 5:45pm On Mar 15, 2017
Abeg make the third war start

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: War Against The North: Huge U.S. Aircraft Carrier Arrives South Korea(photos) by cstr151: 5:55pm On Mar 15, 2017
North korea come out and fight, you cowards.
Bloody sabre rattling nutjobs.

10 Likes

Re: War Against The North: Huge U.S. Aircraft Carrier Arrives South Korea(photos) by cstr151: 5:57pm On Mar 15, 2017
Mehn, look at the number of fighters on one single US carrier. cheesy
That single one is stronger than the millitary of all the countries in the world apart from the top 20.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: War Against The North: Huge U.S. Aircraft Carrier Arrives South Korea(photos) by buoye1(m): 6:08pm On Mar 15, 2017
You're on Nairaland and you're not following Explorer, is that one a Nairalander? You need to deactivate your account!

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: War Against The North: Huge U.S. Aircraft Carrier Arrives South Korea(photos) by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 15, 2017
ichommy:
Still Following..

PRESENT SAH!

No biggie.
I'm sure China won't allow this to pass without mobilizing their own troops too.

And trust me, China is much more stronger than it was decades ago. USA might very well lose.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: War Against The North: Huge U.S. Aircraft Carrier Arrives South Korea(photos) by Nobody: 6:10pm On Mar 15, 2017
Blakjewelry:
Abeg make the third war start
On top North korea
Hell NO!
Re: War Against The North: Huge U.S. Aircraft Carrier Arrives South Korea(photos) by patrickmuf(m): 6:16pm On Mar 15, 2017
cstr151:
North korea come out and fight, you cowards.
Bloody sabre rattling nutjobs.
Stop blabbing bro, I don't see or hear any news of a military invasion of the North, tell your so called world police to drop just a pn on North Korean soil and watch what will happen afterwards. Empty chest beating is not for real men, get on the dance floor.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: War Against The North: Huge U.S. Aircraft Carrier Arrives South Korea(photos) by paschal47(m): 6:19pm On Mar 15, 2017
ichommy:
Still Following..

See me ooo mister.

Remember I told you to watch out for general Trump

1 Like 1 Share

Re: War Against The North: Huge U.S. Aircraft Carrier Arrives South Korea(photos) by Nobody: 6:24pm On Mar 15, 2017
Well, it seems after the Amerikan aircraft carrier - USS Theodore Roosevelt was successfully “war-gamed & defeated” by a Russian nuclear-powered akula-class submarine - causing it to “flee-in-terror” towards the waters off the coast of Hampshire in the UK; another Amerikan aircraft carrier - this time around - USS Carl Vinson is about to suffer another shellacking from the Magrav Technology in the Korean peninsula. grin cheesy grin

For those who are not conversant with the Mehran Keshe's Magrav Technology, below is the letter written to “Mubarak Bin-Laden Obama” by Mehran Keshe after an Executive Order was signed at the White House banning the Magrav Technology - due to the Iranians using it to down, and then capture one of Amerika's most secretive & useless sophisticated drone grin in December 2011 - and then Iran sharing this weapon with Syria too. grin

“Your Excellency President Obama,

We offer you a path towards real world peace through the development of this new technology for the whole human race

I invite you to a direct presentation of our technology to you and your cabinet, to be given on neutral ground where the president of Iran could also be present and where no one betrays anyone else, so that we can all understand the fundamental change that is about to be brought to mankind. Then let us talk about genuine world peace.

As I said in my Sunday interview in Los Angeles, let us convert the military factories of the US to provide resources for a US space organization, so that the tools of war become the craft of universal peace.

The aircraft carriers of the US will become nothing but floating bathtubs if our Magravs technology is used effectively, and the runways full of F16s and 18s and so on will be nothing but runway museums of iron birds, as these craft will not be able to fly if their electronic systems are once touched by Magravs space technology. These crafts and battleships would have to be rewired from A to Z before they could ever operate again.
grin cheesy grin

President Obama, we invite you to understand this change and to let us show you the technology that is bringing it about. Then we invite you to the table of world peace.

Please sign a decree for genuine peace and not a gagging order for science and technology, which your people understand fully what we have developed as they try to protect the pride of your nation.

This is not a question of the pride of one group or country, but pride for all of us in the advancement of the human race to new levels of understanding of the universal order of creation, in which we each have our place.

Your Ambassador and Consul in Belgium have direct access to me from our previous talks and correspondence with them and would pass on any communication.

With kindest regards from a peace loving man who has developed this powerful technology for the good of mankind.”

Picture: The USS Theodore Roosevelt receiving fresh air in Hampshire, UK after it was finger-fvcked at the Baltic Sea by a Russian Akula-Class submarine grin

Hahahahahahahahaaaa grin cheesy grin

12 Likes 7 Shares

Re: War Against The North: Huge U.S. Aircraft Carrier Arrives South Korea(photos) by Deejay1000(m): 6:27pm On Mar 15, 2017
you are on nairaland and you are not following explorer is that one a nairalander grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: War Against The North: Huge U.S. Aircraft Carrier Arrives South Korea(photos) by slurryeye: 6:49pm On Mar 15, 2017
Folding arms and observing what's going on
I know president agent orange has nothing to offer the world than chaos and turmoil. If he thinks he can bully North Korea without China interfering, he better think again

Re: War Against The North: Huge U.S. Aircraft Carrier Arrives South Korea(photos) by darbeelicous(f): 7:00pm On Mar 15, 2017
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked........ This one is strong!!
Re: War Against The North: Huge U.S. Aircraft Carrier Arrives South Korea(photos) by Gbengadaniel12: 7:44pm On Mar 15, 2017
Explorer see hardware
Re: War Against The North: Huge U.S. Aircraft Carrier Arrives South Korea(photos) by ritababe(f): 7:46pm On Mar 15, 2017
time to raid the north, their own is getting too much.
Re: War Against The North: Huge U.S. Aircraft Carrier Arrives South Korea(photos) by cstr151: 7:55pm On Mar 15, 2017
SirWere:

PRESENT SAH!

No biggie.
I'm sure China won't allow this to pass without mobilizing their own troops too.

And trust me, China is much more stronger than it was decades ago. USA might very well lose.
Not even the chinese Leader would utter that delusion in closet.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: War Against The North: Huge U.S. Aircraft Carrier Arrives South Korea(photos) by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 15, 2017
cstr151:

Not even the chinese Leader would utter that delusion in closet.
Dude,
do you not know how developed Chinese military are right now

Do you not know how close China is to the korean Penisula as compared to USA

Do you not know The pain China- Russia caused the United states/S.Korea during the Korean War

What fuckery are you saying undecided

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: War Against The North: Huge U.S. Aircraft Carrier Arrives South Korea(photos) by tk4rd: 8:44pm On Mar 15, 2017
Really Biigg
Re: War Against The North: Huge U.S. Aircraft Carrier Arrives South Korea(photos) by Nobody: 8:45pm On Mar 15, 2017
slurryeye:
Folding arms and observing what's going on
I know president agent orange has nothing to offer the world than chaos and turmoil. If he thinks he can bully North Korea without China interfering, he better think again

My point exactly.
China no be beans. Infact the whole Asian Continent get diehard warriors.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: War Against The North: Huge U.S. Aircraft Carrier Arrives South Korea(photos) by Nobody: 10:16pm On Mar 15, 2017
SirWere:

Dude,

Do you not know The pain China- Russia caused the United states/S.Korea during the Korean War

SirWere,

With due respect, pls desist from quoting that terrorist. He's no more than a 23YO simpleton who is only obsessed with the illusion of Amerikan dream & military supremacy. grin

Even his masters like Valeriansteel & Bookface are keeping mum because they know the definition & meaning of Magrav Technology. grin

I hereby use this medium to summon the following Generals:

Appleyard, Shym3xx, GTkester, Poseidon000 aka Cyprus000, Scully95, Nairaminted, Bonechamberlain, Hungryboy, Seagulsntrawler, Janujaz, Naijatalktown, Phrenelogy, Overhypedsteve, Underground, Seunny4lif, ShinnBet, Fineguy11, Capip120, Lumiere91, Barram, Romme2u, Stalwert, Panafrican and other silent loyal supporters.

5 Likes

Re: War Against The North: Huge U.S. Aircraft Carrier Arrives South Korea(photos) by seunny4lif(m): 10:53pm On Mar 15, 2017
cool cool cool
Reporting for duty Sir cool
Zoharariel:

SirWere,

With due respect, pls desist from quoting that terrorist. He's no more than a 23YO simpleton who is only obsessed with the illusion of Amerikan dream & military supremacy. grin

Even his masters like Valeriansteel & Bookface are keeping mum because they know the definition & meaning of Magrav Technology. grin

Appleyard, Shym3xx, GTkester, Poseidon000 aka Cyprus000, Scully95, Nairaminted, Bonechamberlain, Hungryboy, Seagulsntrawler, Janujaz, Naijatalktown, Phrenelogy, Overhypedsteve, Underground, Seunny4lif, ShinnBet, Fineguy11, Capip120, Lum
iere91, Barram, Romme2u, Stalwert, Panafrican and other silent loyal supporters.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: War Against The North: Huge U.S. Aircraft Carrier Arrives South Korea(photos) by Solidkay(m): 10:53pm On Mar 15, 2017
ichommy:
Still Following..

Ayam just arriving, hope no fine for late coming?
Re: War Against The North: Huge U.S. Aircraft Carrier Arrives South Korea(photos) by seunny4lif(m): 10:57pm On Mar 15, 2017
Another empty chestbeating grin grin grin
America again

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: War Against The North: Huge U.S. Aircraft Carrier Arrives South Korea(photos) by scully95: 12:17am On Mar 16, 2017
Zoharariel:

SirWere,

Appleyard, Shym3xx, GTkester, Poseidon000 aka Cyprus000, Scully95, Nairaminted, Bonechamberlain, Hungryboy, Seagulsntrawler, Janujaz, Naijatalktown, Phrenelogy, Overhypedsteve, Underground, Seunny4lif, ShinnBet, Fineguy11, Capip120, Lumiere91, Barram, Romme2u, Stalwert, Panafrican and other silent loyal supporters.

I just shake head to some dummies that knows nothing about real combatant military state. I read few comments saying, oh big'',''Strong''. Big and foolish is what i call all the above pics and it's just mere flaunting of force which is completely useless and for once DPRK has never feared not even for 1 second.(That is the real soul that wins war not mere show off and bunch of crying soldiers training another dumb and stupid) If for anything they have recently intensified test firing nuclear capable ballistic missile . It wont be long before they finally get ICBM that will turn the land of the oppressor to a waste ash land.

Acording to Saker, a more reasonable military analyst, he said and i agree squarly with him "
While it is probably not impossible for the US to prevail, in purely military terms, against the DPRK in a war, the potential risks are nothing short of immense. And I don’t mean the risk posed by the North Korean nukes which, apparently, is also quite real.The risk of starting a war against a country which has Seoul within conventional artillery range, an active duty army of well over one million people and 180’000 special forces operators. Let us assume for a second that the DPRK has no air force and no navy and an army composed of only 1M+ soldiers, 21k+ artillery pieces and 180k special forces. How do you propose to deal with that threat? If you have an easy, obvious solution, you have watched too many Hollywood movies. You probably also don’t understand the terrain.

But yes, the DPRK also has major wseaknesses and I cannot exclude that the North Korean armed forces would rapidly collapse under a sustained attack by the US and the ROK. I did not say that I believe that this would happen, only that I don’t exclude it. Should that happen, the US might well prevail relatively rapidly, at least in purely military terms. However, please keep in mind that any military operation has to serve a political goal and, in that sense, I cannot imagine any scenario under which the USA would walk away from a war against the DPRK with anything remotely resembling a real “victory”. There is a paraphrase of something Ho Chi Minh allegedly told to the French in the 1940s which I really like. It goes like this:” we kill some of you, you kill a lot of us, and then we win”. That is how a war with the DPRK would probably play out. I call this the “American curse”: Americans are very good at killing people, but they are not good at winning wars. Still, in the case of the DPRK there is at least a possibility of a military victory, even if at a potentially huge cost. With Iran, Russia or China there is no such possibility at all: a war with any of them would be a guaranteed disaster. So why is it that even though out of the 4 possible wars, one is a potential disaster and the 3 others are a guaranteed disaster, why is it that these are discussed as if they were potential options?!

The reason for that can be found in the unique mix of crass ignorance and political cowardice of the entire US political class. First, a lot (most?) of US politicians believe in their own silly propaganda about the US armed forces being “the best” in “the world” (no evidence needed!). But even those who are smart enough to realize that this is a load of baloney which nobody outside the USA still takes seriously, they know that saying that publicly is political suicide. So they pretend, go along, and keep on repetitively spewing the patriotic mantra about “rah, rah, USA, USA, ‘Merica number one, we are the best” etc. Some figure that since the USA spends more on aggression that the rest of the planet combined, that must mean that the US armed forces must be “better” (whatever that means). To the birthplace of “bigger is better” the answer is self-evident. It is also completely wrong

Eventually, something crazy inevitably happens. Like in Syria were the State Department had one policy, the Pentagon another and the CIA yet another one. The resulting cognitive dissonance is removed by engaging in classical doublethink: “yes, we screwed up over and over, but we are still the best”. Ironically, that kind of mindset is at the core of the American inability to learn from past mistakes. If the choice is between an honest evaluation of past operations and political expediency, the latter always prevails (at least amongst civilians, US servicemen are often far more capable of self-critical evaluation, especially in ranks up to Colonel and below, the problem here is that civilians and generals rarely listen to them).

The result is total chaos: the US foreign policy is wholly dependent on the US ability to threaten the use of military force, but the harsh reality is that every country out there which dared to defy Uncle Sam did that only after coming to the conclusion that the US did not have the means to crush it militarily. In other words, only the weak, which are already de-facto US colonies (See definition of the set in my signature) , fear the USA. Or, put differently, the only countries who dare to defy Uncle Sam are the strong ones (that was all quite predictable, but US politicians don’t know about Hegel or dialectics). And just to make it worse, there is no real US foreign policy. What there is is only the sum vector of the different foreign policies desired by various more or less covert “deep state” actors, agencies and individuals. That resulting “sum vector” is inevitably short-term, focuses on a quickfix approach, and unable to take into account any complexity.

As for the US “diplomacy” it simply doesn’t exist. You don’t need diplomats to deliver demands, bribes, ultimatums and threats. You don’t need educated people. Nor do you need people with any understanding of the “other”. All you need is one arrogant self-enamored bully and one interpreter (since US diplomats don’t speak the local languages either. And why would they?). We saw the most compelling evidence of the total rigor mortis of the US diplomatic corps when 51 US “diplomats” demanded that Obama bomb Syria. The rest of the world could just observe in amazement, sadness, bewilderment and total disgust.

The bottom line is this: there is no “US diplomacy”. The USA have simply let that entire field atrophy to the point were it ceased to exist. When so many baffled observers try to understand what the US policy in the Ukraine or Syria is, they are making a mistaken assumption – that there is a US foreign policy to being with. I would argue that the US diplomacy slowly and quietly passed away, sometime after James Baker (the last real US diplomat, and a brilliant one at that).

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: War Against The North: Huge U.S. Aircraft Carrier Arrives South Korea(photos) by Missy89(f): 12:57am On Mar 16, 2017
SirWere:

PRESENT SAH!

No biggie.

Lol. Dreams

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: War Against The North: Huge U.S. Aircraft Carrier Arrives South Korea(photos) by cstr151: 12:58am On Mar 16, 2017
SirWere:

Dude,

The chinese military is developed ofcourse, but sorry, are still years and years, behind the US military machine.
China is close to Korea? So what? The US already has established Military bases in South korea, japan and the Pacific.
If a war breaks out, Movement of men and American war equipments there would be lightening quick ,and there is already significant US military Deterrence in that region which includes a Nuclear first strike.
We have all our geo-political biases, but let us try and make intelligent conclusion next time regardless of how bitter the truth may be.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obama Cheating Scandal – Affair Claims With Vera Baker / Why Is The Us Military Occupying Four Airports In Haiti? / Massive Deposits Of Oil, Gold, Copper And Iridium In Hati!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.