Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail (5394 Views)

Photo Of Adama Barrow And His Two Wives, The First Ladies / Reports That Eritrean Law Requires Men To Marry Two Wives Are False / See What Americans Are Saying On Muslim Ban In The US - Cramjones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail by philkay(m): 10:57am On Jan 26, 2016
Eritrean men are being threatened with jail unless they
marry more than one wife, reports say.
A statement allegedly issued by the government of Eritrea
is reportedly ordering men to marry at least two wives due
to acute shortage of men caused by enormous casualties
suffered during the civil war with Ethiopia. In the
statement written in Arabic the government gave the
assurance that it will give financial support to the
polygamous marriages.
A translation of the statement states:
“Based on the law of God in polygamy, and given the
circumstances in which the country is experiencing in
terms of men shortage, the Eritrean department of
Religious Affairs has decided on the following .”
First that every man shall marry at least two women and
the man who refuses to do so shall be subjected to life
imprisonment with hard labour.
“The woman who tries to prevent her husband from
marrying another wife shall be punished to life
imprisonment,” alleges the activists in their translation.
May 1998 to June 2000 Eritrean-Ethiopian war saw
150,000 soldiers killed from either sides but having a
bigger impact on male population in the tiny Eritrea nation
who were then just 4million people in total.

source: www.thewhistleng.com/shortage-of-men-eritrean-government-says-men-should-marry-two-wives-or-risk-jail-sentence/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail by Slikbae: 11:03am On Jan 26, 2016
endtime.

Meanwhile there's shortage of women in China and in India. Even the Chinese government wanted to introduce a "wife sharing" policy. Also in India, it is reported that blood brothers sometimes marry the same wife, due to shortage of women.
Re: Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail by yimikaa: 11:04am On Jan 26, 2016
grin
Re: Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail by jacabi(m): 11:05am On Jan 26, 2016
Na by force?
Re: Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail by bettercreature(m): 11:06am On Jan 26, 2016
It's serious I can't imagine living with 2 women

1 Like

Re: Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:08am On Jan 26, 2016
Will this law see the light in Nigeria?
Re: Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail by GANJAFARMER: 11:09am On Jan 26, 2016
We the good people of Nigeria deserve this kind of law to checkmate the excesses of our one wife system that is being forced on us by our women. grin

With this kind of law in place , I'm sure of landing Deejavuu and caracta on top one bed at the same time .

Everything go just dey double double . grin grin
Re: Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail by Silentmind(m): 11:09am On Jan 26, 2016
Many of you might take this as a joke but the truth is, Eritrea has got themselves natural resources. Train these women to be professionals and send them to country with low number of women.

These women will fill secretarial positions, marry wealthy men and bring their husbands for tourism. Thereby increasing the igr of the country.

No more strategists in the world.
Re: Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail by excellencyabia1: 11:12am On Jan 26, 2016
Double wahala. Please who have access to the place, it might the Paradise where one man will have seven virgins.
Re: Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:20am On Jan 26, 2016
On my way to Eritrea baby.

1 Like

Re: Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail by pgrex20(m): 11:30am On Jan 26, 2016
Kudos!!! I love that... not that I like the idea but it's just the best way forward for future generations!!! undecided
Re: Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail by Caracta(f): 11:40am On Jan 26, 2016
GANJAFARMER:
We the good people of Nigeria deserve this kind of law to checkmate the excesses of our one wife system that is being forced on us by our women. grin

With this kind of law in place , I'm sure of landing Deejavuu and caracta on top one bed at the same time .

Everything go just dey double double . grin grin

Truckpusher!
Re: Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail by islandmoon: 11:43am On Jan 26, 2016
some guys are already planning to relocate there
Re: Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail by TheNextAce: 11:54am On Jan 26, 2016
It is not a small something grin
Re: Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail by GANJAFARMER: 12:54pm On Jan 26, 2016
Caracta:

Truckpusher!
Not at all. tongue

This is Truckpusher wannabe. wink
Re: Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail by GANJAFARMER: 12:57pm On Jan 26, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Will this law see the light in Nigeria?
If this law comes to stay , even Dearpreye won't be left out of the jamboree. grin grin

Omo ! The law go sweet well well. grin
Re: Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:04pm On Jan 26, 2016
GANJAFARMER:
If this law comes to stay , even Dearpreye won't be left out of the jamboree. grin grin

Even me wey be apostle of one man one woman go support am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:07pm On Jan 26, 2016
GANJAFARMER:
Not at all. tongue

This is Truckpusher wannabe. wink
angry angry angry angry angry angry

Where is your oga?
Re: Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 26, 2016
GANJAFARMER:

Hahahaha. I dey even vex as Bible say make I marry only ONE. Very good law it will be.

I know what Tonyebarcanista likes.
Re: Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail by robosky02(m): 1:30pm On Jan 26, 2016
@prettythicksme

Can we visit Eritrea
Re: Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 26, 2016
robosky02:
@prettythicksme

Can we visit Eritrea
shocked shocked why should we?
Re: Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail by robosky02(m): 1:39pm On Jan 26, 2016
if i go alone its jail but two of us its palace
check thier law lol
prettythicksme:
shocked shocked why should we?
Re: Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 26, 2016
robosky02:
if i go alone its jail but two of us its palace
check thier law lol
I prefer naija anyday anytime! cheesy
Re: Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail by anonimi: 1:41pm On Jan 26, 2016
dearpreye:
Hahahaha. I dey even vex as Bible say make I marry only ONE. Very good law it will be.

Bro, I think only those Christians who want to be officials in the church are required by the Bible to have one wife. That is what Apostle Paul wrote in one of his Epistles. There is no other explicit reference in the Bible requiring Christians to have just one wife.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail by robosky02(m): 1:47pm On Jan 26, 2016
just a visit pleaseeeeeeeeee

and allow thier immigration arrest us

prettythicksme:
I prefer naija anyday anytime! cheesy
Re: Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail by robosky02(m): 1:50pm On Jan 26, 2016
Caracta:

Truckpusher!

you want him to push you there abi?
so'll tie him down

lol
Re: Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail by Alezy(m): 2:13pm On Jan 26, 2016
dearpreye:

Chei. ..I see this one.

You and woman, so if bible permit u for marry like 3?? with all those wahala dem carry full body?? na wa o

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:23pm On Jan 26, 2016
dearpreye:

Bros, abeg nobody stop you from adding more wives. As for me and Apostle Ganjafarmer, it is One Man One Wife grin

But Side chicks are allowed tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail by Akious2k2(m): 2:23pm On Jan 26, 2016
Good development, but my only concern is dat, dey shouldn't be forced
Re: Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 26, 2016
anonimi:

Bro, I think only those Christians who want to be officials in the church are required by the Bible to have one wife. That is what Apostle Paul wrote in one of his Epistles. There is no other explicit reference in the Bible requiring Christians to have just one wife.

My boss, this one strong ooo....
Re: Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jan 26, 2016
Alezy:
Chei. ..I see this one.

You and woman, so if bible permit u for marry like 3?? with all those wahala dem carry full body?? na wa o

Hahahaha. I just dey talk ooooo......This modern times? I dey mad ni?
Re: Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail by Alezy(m): 2:41pm On Jan 26, 2016
dearpreye:

Hahahaha. I just dey talk ooooo......This modern times? I dey mad ni?
Oh....I for fear oh. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yahya Jammeh: A President Who Is Far Richer Than His Country (Pics) / He Was President At 25 But Now Lives In Poverty / Dozens Of Islaeli Soldiers Slaughtered As Blood Litters (graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.