Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

5 Senators That Contributed To Magu's Rejection - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Senators That Contributed To Magu's Rejection (3134 Views)

7 Senators That Constitute 'Cabal' In The Senate - NigerianBulletin / Stephanie Hegarty Reacts To Magu's Rejection By Nigerian Senate / 40 Reps, 5 Senators Have O’Level Certificates As Their Qualifications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Senators That Contributed To Magu's Rejection by Shegman22(m): 5:56pm On Mar 15, 2017
The Nigerian Senate today rejected Ibrahim Magu as the Acting Chairman of the anti graft agency, Economic and Financial Crimes Commission. Magu was subjected to grills by the lawmakers on different issues. But some, key players facilitated it. They include: 1. Shehu Sani - The Kaduna-born lawmaker also grilled the rejected EFCC boss. Sani asked him about the Paris Club Fund.: At the planary, Sani asked: ''You need to expantiate on your activities on human rights, What are your findings and activities on the Paris Club fund?'' 2. Dino Melaye - The Kogi state senator was the first to grill Magu over the DSS report. Melaye said that notwithstanding the letter from President Muhammadu Buhari urging the Senate to confirm Magu despite his disqualification by the DSS, the secret service has written another letter to the legislature to disqualify the Acting EFCC Chairman. 3. Isah Misau - Misau grilled Magu with questions for more than two times. First he asked: ''Dasuki took money illegally and not a single person from the CBN has been investigated or prosecuted so far...'' Secondly, why is Central Bank Governor who released money not being investigated by EFCC? 4. Senator Olujimi - Can you say that anybody you're prosecuting will take you serious, why prosecute people on the Newspaper before it gets to court? 5. Ike Ekweremadu -- The Deputy Senate President also took turns to swipe at Ibrahim Magu, asking him how he will fight corruption within the law.
Re: 5 Senators That Contributed To Magu's Rejection by kunlexy1759(m): 6:12pm On Mar 15, 2017
These are interesting questions.
Re: 5 Senators That Contributed To Magu's Rejection by Horus(m): 6:14pm On Mar 15, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNznxvxSJO8

Watch How Senator Dino Melaye Condemn Ibrahim Magu During Screening at the Senate
Re: 5 Senators That Contributed To Magu's Rejection by sarrki(m): 6:15pm On Mar 15, 2017
Criminal gangster

Either they like it or not

Magu will be re presented to the house

I believe baba judgment

Though I have my reservation on the guy call magu

1 Like

Re: 5 Senators That Contributed To Magu's Rejection by Nobody: 6:19pm On Mar 15, 2017
sarrki:
Criminal gangster

I believe baba judgment

must you talk everytime,am starting to believe you are been paid by buhari media center(BMC) or infact one of them lol

15 Likes

Re: 5 Senators That Contributed To Magu's Rejection by sarrki(m): 6:21pm On Mar 15, 2017
stephenmorris:
must you talk everytime,am starting to believe you are been paid by buhari media center(BMC) or infact one of them lol

If you don't have any meaningful contributions

Why not keep quiet
Re: 5 Senators That Contributed To Magu's Rejection by yarimo(m): 6:27pm On Mar 15, 2017
7. senator YARIMO also observed that MAGU is not responding to questions intelligently and he looks so confused

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Senators That Contributed To Magu's Rejection by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 15, 2017
sarrki:

If you don't have any meaningful contributions

Why not keep quiet
i actually like some of your posts sha ,but its kinda funny sarrki is always everywhere,infact shey u get job even if e no concern me i just wan ask?lol

2 Likes

Re: 5 Senators That Contributed To Magu's Rejection by IBBG(m): 10:07pm On Mar 15, 2017
a very pertinent questions especially the question 3
Re: 5 Senators That Contributed To Magu's Rejection by Leboska(m): 10:10pm On Mar 15, 2017
That guy its not fit to be efcc chairman.
Re: 5 Senators That Contributed To Magu's Rejection by colossus91(m): 10:42pm On Mar 15, 2017
Shegman22:
The Nigerian Senate today rejected Ibrahim
Magu as the Acting Chairman of the anti graft
agency, Economic and Financial Crimes
Commission. Magu was subjected to grills by the
lawmakers on different issues. But some, key
players facilitated it. They include:
1. Shehu Sani - The Kaduna-born lawmaker also
grilled the rejected EFCC boss. Sani asked him
about the Paris Club Fund.: At the planary, Sani
asked: ''You need to expantiate on your activities
on human rights, What are your findings and
activities on the Paris Club fund?''
2. Dino Melaye - The Kogi state senator was the
first to grill Magu over the DSS report. Melaye
said that notwithstanding the letter from
President Muhammadu Buhari urging the Senate
to confirm Magu despite his disqualification by
the DSS, the secret service has written another
letter to the legislature to disqualify the Acting
EFCC Chairman.
3. Isah Misau - Misau grilled Magu with
questions for more than two times. First he
asked: ''Dasuki took money illegally and not a
single person from the CBN has been
investigated or prosecuted so far...'' Secondly,
why is Central Bank Governor who released
money not being investigated by EFCC?
4. Senator Olujimi - Can you say that anybody
you're prosecuting will take you serious, why
prosecute people on the Newspaper before it
gets to court?
5. Ike Ekweremadu -- The Deputy Senate
President also took turns to swipe at Ibrahim
Magu, asking him how he will fight corruption
within the law.
soon they will ask him y he has not probed dclown running efcc twitter handle wink
Re: 5 Senators That Contributed To Magu's Rejection by ciggy000(m): 1:11am On Mar 16, 2017
with magus incoherent and unintelligent responses, he never gave d audience reasons to think twice about his rejection. that guy was so blunt
Re: 5 Senators That Contributed To Magu's Rejection by Donshegxy10(m): 1:55am On Mar 16, 2017
that arrogant olujimi is inclusive, smh bunch of corrupt people trying to protect their asses from been burnt with magu fire
Re: 5 Senators That Contributed To Magu's Rejection by jamislaw(m): 6:45am On Mar 16, 2017
It seems that this Magu of a guy is not a good public speaker.
Re: 5 Senators That Contributed To Magu's Rejection by Nobody: 6:56am On Mar 16, 2017
No matter how good you are, you can always be replaced.
Re: 5 Senators That Contributed To Magu's Rejection by Nobody: 6:58am On Mar 16, 2017
one step forward, 100 steps backward.
Re: 5 Senators That Contributed To Magu's Rejection by Jode(m): 7:10am On Mar 16, 2017
Make una nor let magu use magun for una wives oo...lol... On a serious note,d guy was so dumb during the screening as if dem swear 4 am
Re: 5 Senators That Contributed To Magu's Rejection by naijagobetter(m): 8:06am On Mar 16, 2017
its a pity the caliber of people we elect as leaders in this country, self centered unrepentant criminals Lord have mercy for the masses of this country.
Re: 5 Senators That Contributed To Magu's Rejection by ITbomb(m): 8:23am On Mar 16, 2017
So EFCC raided people's house, took their C-of-O and auction them at the public market.
Is that one EFCC
Re: 5 Senators That Contributed To Magu's Rejection by abumeinben(m): 9:57am On Mar 16, 2017
sarrki:
Criminal gangster

I believe baba judgment

Plain, simple, straight to the point questions were asked, no answers were reported (don't know about that though).

Why are you bent on party or a man? This is a matter of national interest, not of a man. If the Senate rejected him, so be it.

Why was the CBN Governor not investigated? How about the Paris Club fund?
You wanna provide us with answers?

++
Magu might be of good motive, however, I think the house is trying to prove a point here: Buhari is not outside the law. Hence, he can't force anyone on us.

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Quit Notice: IWA To File Preventive Complaint At ICC, Collect Evidence / Nnamdi Kanu: Tell Obiano I'm Coming To Ekwulobia To Continue Election Boycott / ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.