Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,428 members, 7,812,261 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

8 Powerful Love Songs That Will Totally Change Your Life - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 8 Powerful Love Songs That Will Totally Change Your Life (2707 Views)

20 Nigerian Love Songs That Will Make Your Valentine Night More Memorable / 8 Powerful Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating Others / Share That Songs That Makes You Go Emotionally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Powerful Love Songs That Will Totally Change Your Life by stevex10(m): 1:31am On Mar 16, 2017
Want relationship advice? Try turning up your iPod! There are times when we find solace in the most unexpected places. What music teaches us about love, life and relationships may at times be profound. From sultry to practical, these songs hold beneficial advice for those in relationships!

1) “Say” by John Mayer
Take all of your wasted honor Every little past frustration Take all of your so-called problems, Better put ’em in quotations Say what you need to say… Even if your hands are shaking And your faith is broken Even as the eyes are closing Do it with a heart wide open… True to life, these lyrics are the epitome of sage advice for couples. You find it difficult to say what’s on your mind and in your heart. At times, you hold onto everything until it crushes you. So say what you mean and mean what you say. But say what you mean with tact because words, once uttered, can’t be undone.

2) “Breakeven” by The Script

Her best days will be some of my worst She finally met a man that’s gonna put her first While I’m wide awake she’s no trouble sleeping ‘Cause when a heart breaks no it don’t breakeven…even…no What am I supposed to do when the best part of me was always you, And what am I supposed to say when I’m all choked up and you’re ok I’m falling to pieces, yeah, I’m falling to pieces

Amazingly real in its description of heartache, when relationships end, sometimes we are caught in a whirlwind of emotions to which we all respond differently. Some of us bounce back rather quickly, much to the surprise of everyone, while some of us never seem to get over the ‘one who got away.’ We’re left wondering and playing the mental ‘what if’ games that taunt us, resulting in Facebook stalking, weight fluctuations, sleep deprivation and other unhealthy choices. That is, until we come to the realization that maybe it was all for the best.

3) “I Can’t Make You Love Me” by Bonnie Raitt
Cause I can’t make you love me If you don’t You can’t make your heart feel Somethin’ it won’t Here in the dark In these final hours I will lay down my heart And I’ll feel the power But you won’t, no you won’t… There are those who stay in relationships knowing that the guy they share their bed with doesn’t love them. He’s cold. He’s distant; he uses your bed when it pleases him to do so. He loves you and leaves you. You know this, but when you share your bed with him all reason fades away. Doubt goes asunder and for mere minutes when he is inside of you, you can quake in his arms. There you can pretend that because he is with you, you are in his heart. You fool yourself. You see the indecision; you see the hesitation behind his words. There is no loyalty, but you succumb to the pleasure he presents, the half life he is willing to give you.

4) “Halo” by Beyonce

It’s like I’ve been awakened Every rule I had you breakin’ It’s the risk that I’m taking I ain’t never gonna shut you out!… As the song suggests, you are reminded of the one who comes along and breaks down the carefully guarded walls you’ve constructed. You’ve been hurt, but alas, so has he. You realize this and recognize that part of embracing love and life is embracing the fear that drives you.

5) “Teenage Dream” by Katy Perry

You think I’m pretty Without any makeup on You think I’m funny When I tell the punchline wrong I know you get me So I let my walls come down, down… The subtle seductive lyrics reminds us that we need a lover with whom we can be ourselves; one who will appreciate every side of us. From silly to sensual, we should want a partner who can make us feel desired even when we aren’t dolled up, or when we veer outside the norm society dictates for us.

6) “For The First Time” by The Script

Trying to make it work but man these times are hard But we’re gonna start by Drinking our cheap bottles of wine, Sit talking up all night, Saying things we haven’t for a while A while, yeah We’re smiling but we’re close to tears, Even after all these years, We just now got the feeling that we’re meeting for the first time… It’s easy to get caught up in the day to day grind we call life. But how many of us make time for our friends, our lovers? Over time, we become too familiar with one another. There seems to be nothing new or exciting to share, so we don’t. We forget to ask questions, to talk to one another, to connect and to truly share our lives with our partners. This song is a testament to staying committed to your partner in their time of need. It reminds us not to abandon one another when the shit hits the fan. It’s at the worst possible times that we must be vulnerable with our partners. We must share our fears, our triumphs…in hopes of moving forward.

7) “How To Save A Life” by The Fray

Let him know that you know best Cause after all you do know best Try to slip past his defense Without granting innocence Lay down a list of what is wrong The things you’ve told him all along And pray to God, he hears you And pray to God, he hears you Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend Somewhere along in the bitterness And I would have stayed up with you all night Had I known how to save a life. Too many times we get caught up in who is right or wrong in the relationship. This song forces us to re-examine what works and what doesn’t work in the relationship. If it’s not right, if it can’t be fixed, move on. If the relationship can be salvaged, then forget who is right. Move past the indifference you’ve taken on to shield yourself from the heartache and move forward together.

cool “Like You’ll Never See Me Again” by Alicia Keys

So every time you hold me Hold me like this is the last time Every time you kiss me Kiss me like you’ll never see me again Every time you touch me Touch me like this is the last time Promise that you’ll love me Love me like you’ll never see me again

These lyrics remind listeners not to take for granted that love will always be there. The only sure thing we know about life is that nothing, or no one, lasts forever. Appreciating the little things, the small gestures in your relationship, can go a long way to making it fulfilling. Although love and reason rarely share company, let the advice enable you to see what you already have. So the next time you’re in need of relationship advice, crank up the radio or your iPod. Besides, it’s an affordable alternative to therapy and may help you see that your relationship is worth saving!

http://e9ja.net/8-powerful-love-songs-will-totally-change-life/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 8 Powerful Love Songs That Will Totally Change Your Life by Nobody: 2:48am On Mar 16, 2017
Cool songs; Check these ones out.

Time in a Bottle - Jim Croce

Sons & Daughters - Allman Brothers

Your Song - Elton John

Sweet Love - Anita Baker

All I Have To Do Is Dream - Everly Brothers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Powerful Love Songs That Will Totally Change Your Life by Gmajor(m): 4:18am On Mar 16, 2017
angry
where is thinking out loud by Ed Sheeran?
Re: 8 Powerful Love Songs That Will Totally Change Your Life by Nellybobo(m): 7:10am On Mar 16, 2017
Where is Your Beautiful by James Blunt
Re: 8 Powerful Love Songs That Will Totally Change Your Life by Tajbol4splend(m): 7:26am On Mar 16, 2017
What of "Kokoro Ife Mi" by Gabriel Afolayan

What of "In His Touch" by Celine Dion"

1 Like

Re: 8 Powerful Love Songs That Will Totally Change Your Life by Nobody: 7:29am On Mar 16, 2017
If you think 'halo' and 'teenage dream' ( undecided ) are powerful love songs..... Bruh you have extremely bad taste in music

1 Like

Re: 8 Powerful Love Songs That Will Totally Change Your Life by Nobody: 7:41am On Mar 16, 2017
Niyuu:
If you think 'halo' and 'teenage dream' ( undecided ) are powerful love songs..... Bruh you have extremely bad taste in music
Halo is actually a fairly powerful song, I believe most people don't regard it as a 'powerful love song' l because it is pop. When people rate powerful ballads when it comes to music, the first choice are always country music, RnB, soft rock or jazz.

"Teenage dream" is a joke on that list.
" How to save a Life" is not a love song to begin with, I wonder what it is doing on the list. undecided

3 Likes

Re: 8 Powerful Love Songs That Will Totally Change Your Life by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 16, 2017
LastMumu:

Halo is actually a fairly powerful song, I believe most people don't regard it as a 'powerful love song' l because it is pop. When people rate powerful ballads when it comes to music, the first choice are always country music, RnB, soft rock or jazz.

"Teenage dream" is a joke on that list.
" How to save a Life" is not a love song to begin with, I wonder what it is doing on the list. undecided

Fairly being the operative word. He described it as something that could change my life for chrissake! angry
This guy is annoying me.
Re: 8 Powerful Love Songs That Will Totally Change Your Life by Fernandowski(m): 9:31am On Mar 16, 2017
promises - Wiz Khalifa
best love song - t-pain ft Chris Brown
miss independence - neyo
heart attack - Trey Songz
lady in the glass dress - Chris Brown
ride on me - alkaline ft Sean Kingston
electric guitar - Chris Brown
Re: 8 Powerful Love Songs That Will Totally Change Your Life by rhymesnoni(m): 11:25am On Mar 16, 2017
How to love by lil wayne, God diz z by far my best love song for ages.

1 Like

Re: 8 Powerful Love Songs That Will Totally Change Your Life by darbeelicous(f): 11:29am On Mar 16, 2017
have u sat down to listen to beyonce's halo lyric?? Its very powerful esp that part the op quoted! smiley
Niyuu:
Re: 8 Powerful Love Songs That Will Totally Change Your Life by Divay22(f): 11:34am On Mar 16, 2017
Should have kissed you By Chris Brown
SMILE by simi.. kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: 8 Powerful Love Songs That Will Totally Change Your Life by Godswillnwaoma(m): 9:12pm On Mar 16, 2017
forevermore by chris de burg
sacrifice by elton john

when i dream at night by marc anthony
you sang to me by marc anthony
do you remember by phil collins
rendezvous by craig david

how i am suppose to live without u micheal bolton

2 Likes

Re: 8 Powerful Love Songs That Will Totally Change Your Life by pepemendy(m): 11:43pm On Mar 16, 2017
Marvin gay sexual healing labrinth jealous Thank me later

(1) (Reply)

17 Souls In Hell Pleading With Humanity On Earth / When You Ask A Sugar Daddy To Send You A Sexy Pics / Rich Sugar Mummy Cynthia Needs A Guy That Can Last 45 Minutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.