Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

Help! How Do I Become A Pilot? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help! How Do I Become A Pilot? (21026 Views)

2019 Goal: How Do I Become Skilled In Public Speaking? / Nigerian University Dropout Who Became A Pilot Flies Mum (photos) / Aniema Violet Enahoro: Female Pilot Who Is Married To A Pilot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! How Do I Become A Pilot? by Pylony(m): 12:11am On Mar 18, 2017
#1001 ways to die: plug lots of feathers from any flying bird. Use super-glu to stick it all over your body.
Then go up the highest mountin top, now spread your birdy wings start running towards the cliff and jump off it while flapping your wings up! down! You'll sure fly from that point to paradise.. Good luck with your fly lesson 101 o jare grin
Re: Help! How Do I Become A Pilot? by Chapecoense(m): 12:45am On Mar 18, 2017
OP finish your degree first. There is no guarantee you will land a job after ur pilot training. You need money to become a pilot lots of it. If you do not have the money for it. Don't waste your time hoping that u will get a sponsor one day. Continue with ur life and ur degree and move on with other things.

1 Like

Re: Help! How Do I Become A Pilot? by VickyRotex(f): 2:49am On Mar 18, 2017
Explorers:

Lol....Which brand dem smoke.

Mr Chauchy you can try and contact him, this is the link to his profile

https://www.nairaland.com/boeing777pilot

But he was last seen January, 2017.

May God help your Dream Bro, i wish you all the best.

lol. Abi na. All of them dey mention Edo winsh. grin

That's his moniker! Op can send him a PM I guess.
Re: Help! How Do I Become A Pilot? by VickyRotex(f): 2:50am On Mar 18, 2017
AgentGoat:
boeing747??

Yes, that's the Moniker! Thank you!
Re: Help! How Do I Become A Pilot? by sonnie10: 2:53am On Mar 18, 2017
The way people are calling thousands of dollars here. Bridge water state university in Massachusetts offers a program that might cost you up 20k dollars in total.

Check their website and thank me later
Re: Help! How Do I Become A Pilot? by Nobody: 4:30am On Mar 18, 2017
Plz forget that pilot thing i saw it in my dream dat u will join me and my league of armed robbers
Re: Help! How Do I Become A Pilot? by Phunkyposh(f): 7:54am On Mar 18, 2017
LOSKYXANDER:

That's a fat lie!!!! contact lenses are accepted when needed

You should read my post again
Re: Help! How Do I Become A Pilot? by autamahmud(m): 8:52am On Mar 18, 2017
mazizitonene:
if you can relocate to Edo state......benin precisely

They offer night courses...
. I think say I no well, BT I see u I get hope lol
Re: Help! How Do I Become A Pilot? by Vernon26(m): 11:25am On Mar 18, 2017
https://www.panamacademy.com/ One of the best out there
Re: Help! How Do I Become A Pilot? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 18, 2017
Davinex:
Becoming a pilot is all about time. How much time do you have considering your present age. If you are still in your early 20's, it's still ok to start now. Below are the factors you must consider before you consider a career as a pilot.
Type of aircraft you wish to fly. Fixed wings (aeroplane) or Rotary wings (helicopter).
Rotary wings is not as competitive as Fixed wings but more expensive.
Cost of Type Rating. Most airlines in Nigeria operate on Boeing aircrafts. So be ready for any of the B series if you are sponsoring yourself to work in Nigeria.
Building your flight time is very important. No airline will employ you as a second officer if you don't have up to 2000 flight hours. This is the darkest stage for any potential pilot.

TRAINING
You begin with the ground school training for Private Pilot License (PPL) or HPPL for Helicopter. You will learn the basics on gound before the flight training which is the practical section with your flight instructor. Night Rating and Instrument Ratings is included at this stage. The Night Rating give you permit to fly before and after sunrise and sunset. You will learn more of rating during your PPL Training.
After your PPL, then you start Commercial Pilot License training (CPL / HCPL) and Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL).

TYPE RATING
As a pilot, you expected to specialize on one particular type of aircraft. That is where type rating comes in. We don't have a type rating training school in Nigeria, so you will have to travel abroad for this. Getting your Type Rating is a separate journey entirely (Forget about the 7 - 10 million naira that you spent during the first stage) You have to travel out of the country for this. Example of type ratings include, B747, B777, A320 etc with different price range.
please note: If you want to fly in Nigeria as a pilot, I will advice you get your PPL,IR, ME, CPL and ATPL in Nigeria before traveling abroad for your Type Rating.
I hope this will be helpful. Wishing you all the best.
so detailed.. Are u a pilot ?
Re: Help! How Do I Become A Pilot? by suremanpatriot: 2:33am On Mar 20, 2017
...just budget N30million ,especially now dollar is spikin,get a good first degree in Applied Physics or Aeronautics then go to a sound Aviation institution in u.k or USA and you are done in 7years... Young age is also a key factor and
remember planes are not made here in Africa neither do they produce the parts,this is whiteman water

1 Like

Re: Help! How Do I Become A Pilot? by ajalaolanr(m): 2:26pm On Mar 21, 2017
Re: Help! How Do I Become A Pilot? by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 11:44pm On Apr 16, 2017
@ Okotv this is an old thread. I was saying something in the other thread
Re: Help! How Do I Become A Pilot? by okotv(m): 11:51pm On Apr 16, 2017
BRIGHTRIVERS:
@ Okotv this is an old thread. I was saying something in the other thread
continue
Re: Help! How Do I Become A Pilot? by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 11:55pm On Apr 16, 2017
okotv:
continue
I'm glad you replied. Thanks.
do we talk the problem and confusion here or you are going to give me your whatsapp contact?
Re: Help! How Do I Become A Pilot? by okotv(m): 12:03am On Apr 17, 2017
BRIGHTRIVERS:
I'm glad you replied. Thanks.
do we talk the problem and confusion here or you are going to give me your whatsapp contact?
here. Please extensively explain your issue so that I can give a one time detailed reply.
Re: Help! How Do I Become A Pilot? by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 12:18am On Apr 17, 2017
okotv:
here. Please extensively explain your issue so that I can give a one time detailed reply.
Ok sir.

It's basically about the Army. My dad is a Soldier and I'm a final year student planning my career.As a barrack born and brought up,I have come to love the profession and I really want to be an army officer. I missed the chance to get into the NDA with my friends already there. My hopes became kindled when I heard of DSS program which i was told I'd have to finish my nysc first. I'm still not cleared about my chances of joining the DSS or if it's possible to still join the NDA as an undergraduate.So I felt I needed experienced words from you as to how feasible my chances are and the requirements to joining the DSS
Re: Help! How Do I Become A Pilot? by okotv(m): 12:34am On Apr 17, 2017
BRIGHTRIVERS:
Ok sir.

It's basically about the Army. My dad is a Soldier and I'm a final year student planning my career.As a barrack born and brought up,I have come to love the profession and I really want to be an army officer. I missed the chance to get into the NDA with my friends already there. My hopes became kindled when I heard of DSS program which i was told I'd have to finish my nysc first. I'm still not cleared about my chances of joining the DSS or if it's possible to still join the NDA as an undergraduate.So I felt I needed experienced words from you as to how feasible my chances are and the requirements to joining the DSS
www.nda.edu.ng has the details. I would advice you to complete your education and apply short service cause it would pay you more. Coming to NDA as an undergrad is just not worth it. Go for direct short service and I wish you success in life's endeavours.
Re: Help! How Do I Become A Pilot? by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 12:39am On Apr 17, 2017
okotv:
www.nda.edu.ng has the details. I would advice you to complete your education and apply short service cause it would pay you more. Coming to NDA as an undergrad is just not worth it. Go for direct short service and I wish you success in life's endeavours.
Ok Thank you sir.

Don't Short service have a website? I need to know their requirements and if they will accept my course of study
Re: Help! How Do I Become A Pilot? by okotv(m): 12:41am On Apr 17, 2017
BRIGHTRIVERS:
Ok Thank you sir.

Don't Short service have a website? I need to know their requirements and if they will accept my course of study
can't attest to that but enter the website I provided and scroll down the home page till where you would see short service. Just click and the requirements would be out for you to peruse
Re: Help! How Do I Become A Pilot? by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 12:52am On Apr 17, 2017
okotv:
can't attest to that but enter the website I provided and scroll down the home page till where you would see short service. Just click and the requirements would be out for you to peruse
Alright,Thnx a lot sir. I really do appreciate

1 Like

Re: Help! How Do I Become A Pilot? by armstin: 2:13pm On Sep 21, 2019
STUDY PILOTING! THERE ARE OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE FOR THOSE WHO HAVE INTEREST IN PILOTING IN THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES USA, GEORGIA AND U.K WITH JOB OFFER AFTER YOU BECOME A PILOT. CONTACT +7 930 859-75-22 OR 07030285286.
Re: Help! How Do I Become A Pilot? by Dreamflyin(m): 8:20pm On Apr 30, 2021
There are cheap schools in the US and South Africa. A friend trained at newcastleflightschool, in Delaware.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Do You Hate Most About Working From Home? / 2 Nigerian Airways Retirees Slump, Die On Queue, Absence Of Forms Stall Process / Police Dismiss Nine Senior Officers, Demote Six For Misconduct

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.