Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

Must Magu Be EFCC Chairman? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Must Magu Be EFCC Chairman? (779 Views)

Melaye: Magu Can NOT Be EFCC Chairman, His Mates Are Area Commanders And Dpos / Oby Ezekwesili Writes On Magu's Disqualification As EFCC Chairman / Sagay: Magu Will Be EFCC Chairman Whether The Senate Likes It Or Not (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must Magu Be EFCC Chairman? by dokiOloye(m): 9:17am On Mar 17, 2017
Following d 2nd rejection of the acting EFFC chairman by the Nigerian senate,I have listened with utter dismay,d various arguments put forward by some protagonists of his continued stay.
Some say d senators are corrupt and shouldn't have have d locus to judge another corrupt person.
Worst of all is d presidential advisory committee led by a supposed learned man,Itsay Sagay,who said Magu can act forever.
Some say Magu is courageous and is really needed in d corruption fight.
While d above narratives are going back and forth,most of these protagonists are tending to force others to overlook d meat of the matter.
Magu is accused of several corrupt acts and hobnobbing with corrupt ppl and these allegations have not been disproved.
PLS,MUST MAGU BE EFCC CHAIRMAN?
As per his courage etc,how many convictions has he secured?
Why is his courage not extending to Amaechi,Abba Kyari,Dambazzau,Buratai?
Will U be comfortable having a man who has been accused of rape severally being made a live-in hostel master in Ur daughter's boarding school?
So,out of 180 million Nigerians, no other 'courageous' man can be found?
I just tire for this country,walahi.
Re: Must Magu Be EFCC Chairman? by marltech: 9:22am On Mar 17, 2017
I taya o

1 Like

Re: Must Magu Be EFCC Chairman? by muykem: 9:44am On Mar 17, 2017
Yes he must. We don't want any set back to anti-corruption war. Nigeria must be great in my life time in Jesus name.
Re: Must Magu Be EFCC Chairman? by geez18(m): 9:55am On Mar 17, 2017
that's the kind of country we've found ourselves meanwhile the idiota above should'nt always display his utter stewpidity and ignorance for all to see.

1 Like

Re: Must Magu Be EFCC Chairman? by Businessideas: 10:09am On Mar 17, 2017
The right question is "Does Magu as a Nigerian not have right to fair hearing and right to occupy an office he is competently qualified for?".
All these games you are playing won't solve our problem. The attack on Magu is corruption fighting back
Re: Must Magu Be EFCC Chairman? by dokiOloye(m): 10:13am On Mar 17, 2017
Businessideas:
The right question is "Does Magu as a Nigerian not have right to fair hearing and right to occupy an office he is competently qualified for?".
All these games you are playing won't solve our problem. The attack on Magu is corruption fighting back
Corruption fighting back,bla bla bla bla.
Jonathan is still looting d federal allocation since may 2015 till today,that's why Buhari cannot perform, bla bla bla.
As usual,U have chosen to dodge d main question.Is Magu involved in some questionable dealings or not?
Has he absolved himself of those accusations?
Is a character like him d best to head a supposed corruption fighting agency?
Re: Must Magu Be EFCC Chairman? by dokiOloye(m): 10:27am On Mar 17, 2017
muykem:
Yes he must. We don't want any set back to anti-corruption war. Nigeria must be great in my life time in Jesus name.
The fight against corruption has already been set back.
How many convictions of politically exposed persons has Magu secured?
To d best of my knowledge, it's only that of d former deputy governor of Adamawa state James Ngilari.The rest are petty thieves and small small yahoo boys.
Let me tell U a common trick ppl in govt use.Magu of EFCC will arrest a high profile public official or politician,leak d info to d press,send a junior clerk to file d case in court,and that is d end.10 yrs later,d case has not been concluded due to lackadaisical prosecution by d EFCC.If U think I'm lying,ask Urself,among d governors who handed over in 2007 who have cases in court,how many have had their cases concluded.To d best of my knowledge,its only Chimaroke of Enugu,Igbinedion who was let go wt a slap on d wrist,and Jolly Nyame of Taraba and note that these were done b4 Magu's tenure.D rest are still pending.
Another trick they use is giving out contracts,announcing d commissioning on d news and after that,that's d end.They will not vote money for d project.
Yet another,Fulani herdsmen will kill hundreds, govt officials will talk tough,institute a commission of enquiry,ppl like U will be happy and relax.But that's d end of d matter.Until d herdsmen strike again.
If U listen carefully, lawyers have been accusing Magu of media trial and sensationalism.That's exactly d only thing he's good at.
Re: Must Magu Be EFCC Chairman? by Businessideas: 10:35am On Mar 17, 2017
dokiOloye:
Corruption fighting back,bla bla bla bla.
Jonathan is still looting d federal allocation since may 2015 till today,that's why Buhari cannot perform, bla bla bla.
As usual,U have chosen to dodge d main question.Is Magu involved in some questionable dealings or not?
Has he absolved himself of those accusations?
DSS is the accuser and the judge at the same time and it delivered it's lopsided report to the hands of Senator Saraki who is being tried by Magu's EFCC and you pretend to be blind to the conspiracy against Magu's.
"Evil can only triumph over good in the interim" Peter Tosh.
Nigeria will defeat all her enemies.
Re: Must Magu Be EFCC Chairman? by dokiOloye(m): 10:40am On Mar 17, 2017
Businessideas:

DSS is the accuser and the judge at the same time and it delivered it's lopsided report to the hands of Senator Saraki who is being tried by Magu's EFCC and you pretend to be blind to the conspiracy against Magu's.
"Evil can only triumph over good in the interim" Peter Tosh.
Nigeria will defeat all her enemies.
D accusation against Magu is lopsided but d one against Saraki is 'straightsided'?
Can U listen to Urself?
Meanwhile,Saraki is even more honourable among d 2,at least,he is defending himself in court.
D position of EFCC chairman is too sensitive for some1 with plenty skeletons in his cupboard to be d chairman.
That is why d supreme court justices stood down and stopped handling cases immediately they were accused,even though they were not convicted yet,cos of d sensitivity of their position.
Re: Must Magu Be EFCC Chairman? by shaddoww: 12:02pm On Mar 17, 2017
First of all, It's not compulsory Magu is d EFCC chairman but it is important dat he is, judging by d way d past EFCC chairpersons ended, so dat we can encourage others that hardwork n diligence pays n so dat we can raise others who will like to be like him.

But if I were to answer u logically, I will also ask, why must it b Messi n Ronaldo dat should win d world best? It's simple, yes because they have distinguished themselves among their peers.

U said in a population of about 180million, is he d only one, I will say yes n no because, it's only about 300 thousand in dat population dat are police officers n it's only about 2 thousand or less dat are in d rank of being an EFCC chairman n it's only about 5-7 of dem dat have worked in d EFCC till date, so logically, he should be d one since he has been there from d days of Ribadu n he knows almost all d major cases dey have handled. Or is it only Messi n Ronaldo dat can play football well in d world? But because others are nt even professional footballers, no one will consider them n their colleagues are nt in d same level with dem.

I think above all, d president just needs to put his house in order n re-present him, cos if he presents another person n d same thing happens, den wat will he do?
Re: Must Magu Be EFCC Chairman? by dokiOloye(m): 12:52pm On Mar 17, 2017
shaddoww:
First of all, It's not compulsory Magu is d EFCC chairman but it is important dat he is, judging by d way d past EFCC chairpersons ended, so dat we can encourage others that hardwork n diligence pays n so dat we can raise others who will like to be like him.

But if I were to answer u logically, I will also ask, why must it b Messi n Ronaldo dat should win d world best? It's simple, yes because they have distinguished themselves among their peers.

U said in a population of about 180million, is he d only one, I will say yes n no because, it's only about 300 thousand in dat population dat are police officers n it's only about 2 thousand or less dat are in d rank of being an EFCC chairman n it's only about 5-7 of dem dat have worked in d EFCC till date, so logically, he should be d one since he has been there from d days of Ribadu n he knows almost all d major cases dey have handled. Or is it only Messi n Ronaldo dat can play football well in d world? But because others are nt even professional footballers, no one will consider them n their colleagues are nt in d same level with dem.

I think above all, d president just needs to put his house in order n re-present him, cos if he presents another person n d same thing happens, den wat will he do?
The act establishing EFCC says a lawyer or a policeman whether serving or retired can be chairman.
That's y Farida Waziri could be made d chairman when she had already retired from the police and that effectively widens d pool of who can be appointed.
I don't believe among all d lawyers,policemen both serving and retired,it's only Magu that can do d job.
The Nigerian police is full of corrupt ppl but I have also met a lot of disciplined,very religious policemen.
U have also dodged d issue of d corrupt acts hanging over his head.That d place he is living in was paid for by a corrupt former govt official.
That he is often seen wt d same man and is often travelling wt d man's private jet.
How can a 'saint' like him afford to pay 1.8m for a 1 way ticket to hajj?
Why must we have such a person in an anti corruption agency?
Are there not other ppl within d same catchment group that do not have a dent on their name?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Men The Strongest Blackmen On Earth. Balogun Obasanjo A War Hero. / TheĀ osborne Towers, A Luxury Residential Complex In Ikoyi, Lagos Where EFCC Said / Ikoyigate: Amaechi Is A Greedy Peasant, Owns The $43M - Fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.