Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,928 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

The Various Advantages Of Being A Short Girl - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Various Advantages Of Being A Short Girl (4256 Views)

What Is The % Ratio For A Short Girl With....To Give Birth Go Dwarf? / 8 Priceless Reasons To Marry A Short Girl / Guys, Get In Here, Is This The Hottest Short Girl You Have Ever Seen? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Various Advantages Of Being A Short Girl by ibibiofirstlady(f): 10:40am On Mar 17, 2017
There are so many great things about life as a short girl, and here are just a few of them.

1. You’ll always have leg room on planes, trains and buses.

2. Crowd weaving is your art form. Ten minutes at any packed concert or crowded area can get you from the back of the room to the front row, usually unnoticed. Strangers will even help you move in front of them!

3. You never have to crouch down to get through doorways and can easily float about in small spaces like, say, microscopic city apartments.

4. People instinctively want to protect you, which makes asking for help with any physical task infinitely easier.

5. You have a unique personal brand. Actors, dancers, “internet stars” or anybody else whose “type” is part of their career (which, in the Twitter age, is most people to some degree) can use their petite look to stand out as part of a niche instead of one of 10,000 other twenty-something chicks of average height.

6. Your height gives you a stand-in personality. Don’t feel like hamming it up at a party full of strangers? That’s okay, your size will do it for you! Despite the fact that you’ll hardly be the first short person your peers have seen in their lives or even that day, you’re guaranteed to be slammed with a slew of questions and commentary about how you’re “so adorable.” Even if you just sit there glaring, you’ll be remembered as the cute and tiny one.

7. You’re always looking up, literally and metaphorically. Look at my (truthful) puns, you guys!

8. You can shop in the children’s section and save tons of money. Let’s be real, sometimes kids’ clothes are way more stylish than grownup clothes. You can also get away with wearing frilly and/or frivolous ensembles because no matter your personality, your height deems you bubbly and cute to strangers!

9. You will look young forever.

10. Every potential date will be taller than you, if you’re into that sort of thing.

11. You can wear whatever heels you want.

12. You’re a perfect crowd surfing candidate.

13. You’ll always be able to fit your entire body underneath tiny throw blankets instead of having to cast out your feet to freeze in the open air.

14. Kids will love you because they think you’re one of them.

15. You’ll always be cute. It can suck to be called adorable instead of sexy, but while sexy can come and go, the flattery of “adorable” will stick to you for life. And hey, it’s better than being called “uggo” right?

16. Needing help reaching the top shelf makes for an instant conversation starter in the grocery store.

17. You’ll be carded forever, which at some point will start to feel very flattering.

18. You can curl up into things more easily. This makes movie theatre seats, your desk chair at the office, a hot dude’s outstretched arm, and your window seat on the train infinitely more comfy.

19. You can get kids’ discounts. You can also be a generally more playful person in life, and can hang out on a swing set as a grown-up without as many angry scowls. Who says we have to act like boring grown-ups all the time just because we’re not 12 anymore?

20. If you have small feet, you can buy kids’ shoes. Half the time they’re the exact same style as their grown-up counterparts, just infinitely cheaper.

21. Sample sales are your friend. Even though sample sizes are rarely petites, being short often allows dresses made for very tall rail-thin models to glide over your curvy, normal-sized body because the proportions somehow make up for each other.

22. You are a pro at basic sewing skills. Hemming skirts and shortening the straps on dresses makes you awesome at minor clothing repairs, which comes in handy in life.

23. Changes in your shape show up right away on your small frame. Your height makes beautiful curves look way more sexy and dramatic or a five-pound weight loss look like a major body overhaul.

24. People inherently trust you. Being small often equates to looking young, wholesome or polite, which has its advantages.

25. You get to have stunning celebs like Carrie Underwood, Kourtney Kardashian, Kristin Chenoweth and Reese Witherspoon as your style role models.

26. It can keep you humble, if you let it. Petite life means you get lots of practice with people dumping obnoxious, knee-jerk commentary on you without thinking. People have a tendency to say very blatant things to short folks (and probably very tall people too) that they’d never say about other, more sensitive physical traits — and they usually don’t even realize how offensive it can sound. This can be ammunition in life, because by the time you’re in the grown-up world meeting all kinds of people who are were raised differently than you, you’ll know better than to ever make a rude offhand comment about what makes them stand out — and if they try to pull that on you, you’ll have plenty of well-practiced snarky-yet-graceful retorts to reply with.

27. People might massively underestimate you. You look unassuming and un-intimidating, and people may take that to mean that you’re not very capable. You can get past the radars of combative types who attempt to undermine competition, and quietly do amazing things that nobody ever saw coming.

28. You’ll never be too tall for a bed.

29. You'll never be worried about hitting your head on a slab like the tall ladies

culled from www.palmchatnow.com

3 Likes

Re: The Various Advantages Of Being A Short Girl by nepapole(m): 10:47am On Mar 17, 2017
I like petit ladies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Various Advantages Of Being A Short Girl by ibibiofirstlady(f): 10:48am On Mar 17, 2017
nepapole:
I like petit ladies.
Are you short or tall?
Re: The Various Advantages Of Being A Short Girl by shinarlaura(f): 10:48am On Mar 17, 2017
LOL
Re: The Various Advantages Of Being A Short Girl by nepapole(m): 10:49am On Mar 17, 2017
ibibiofirstlady:
Are you short or tall?
Very tall
Re: The Various Advantages Of Being A Short Girl by victorydgirl(f): 10:50am On Mar 17, 2017
no 9 got me laughing
Re: The Various Advantages Of Being A Short Girl by ibibiofirstlady(f): 10:52am On Mar 17, 2017
nepapole:

Very tall
Though I'm not short @ 5"8 but I observed that several of my tall male buddies are so much into petite framed chics. That's the reason for my question
Re: The Various Advantages Of Being A Short Girl by nepapole(m): 10:53am On Mar 17, 2017
ibibiofirstlady:
Though I'm not short @ 5"8 but I observed that several of my tall male buddies are so much into petite framed chics. That's the reason for my question
I grab..i don't rili fancy tall babes.. Petit girls to me are easy to handle..hw babe go dey drag height with me grin.

2 Likes

Re: The Various Advantages Of Being A Short Girl by ibibiofirstlady(f): 10:56am On Mar 17, 2017
nepapole:

I grab..i don't rili fancy tall babes.. Petit girls to me are easy to handle..hw babe go dey drag height with me grin.
Lol so it's now competition? huh
Re: The Various Advantages Of Being A Short Girl by BlackDBagba: 10:56am On Mar 17, 2017
Ok
Re: The Various Advantages Of Being A Short Girl by sinaj(f): 10:58am On Mar 17, 2017
This is quite funny grin
Re: The Various Advantages Of Being A Short Girl by UltraLeslie1: 10:59am On Mar 17, 2017
Mockingly satirical!

1 Like

Re: The Various Advantages Of Being A Short Girl by spencerlouis(m): 11:01am On Mar 17, 2017
I am super tall!!! 6'3 nd I love em short!!! but not midget short oo lipsrsealed
I like it whn a grl is looking up 2 me grin nd m looking down 2 her cheesy
but pple in general prefer taller girls! I tink they look unique undecided but not for me...

5 Likes

Re: The Various Advantages Of Being A Short Girl by ibibiofirstlady(f): 11:03am On Mar 17, 2017
UltraLeslie1:
Mockingly satirical!
Nope
Re: The Various Advantages Of Being A Short Girl by nepapole(m): 11:03am On Mar 17, 2017
ibibiofirstlady:
Lol so it's now competition? huh
Lol..jus kidding tho. I Av nofn against tall girls sha cos not too many can get as tal as I am. I think I jus prefer d small ones.
Re: The Various Advantages Of Being A Short Girl by Young03(m): 11:06am On Mar 17, 2017
salivating on ur dp
Re: The Various Advantages Of Being A Short Girl by UltraLeslie1: 11:07am On Mar 17, 2017
ibibiofirstlady:
Nope
Yes, especially 8,14 and 20.
Re: The Various Advantages Of Being A Short Girl by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 17, 2017
Self gratification and nothing more...

Tall girls rock

3 Likes

Re: The Various Advantages Of Being A Short Girl by ibibiofirstlady(f): 11:20am On Mar 17, 2017
nepapole:

Lol..jus kidding tho. I Av nofn against tall girls sha cos not too many can get as tal as I am. I think I jus prefer d small ones.
cool tho
Re: The Various Advantages Of Being A Short Girl by Greatbeard(m): 11:58am On Mar 17, 2017
As a 6ft 2 guy.
No thanks, my ex was small and you'd just wanna pick her up and put in your pocket. making out was great too.

but.

the neck strain, was something else.
Re: The Various Advantages Of Being A Short Girl by firstking01(m): 12:13pm On Mar 17, 2017
You will look young forever, tell me somethingundecided
Re: The Various Advantages Of Being A Short Girl by Fernandowski(m): 12:28pm On Mar 17, 2017
Jodha come and see oooooook
Re: The Various Advantages Of Being A Short Girl by Fernandowski(m): 12:29pm On Mar 17, 2017
Greatbeard:
As a 6ft 2 guy.
No thanks, my ex was small and you'd just wanna pick her up and put in your pocket. making out was great too.

but.

the neck strain, was something else.
6'2 is okay bro

I dey see things as I dey tell u so

1 Like

Re: The Various Advantages Of Being A Short Girl by Fernandowski(m): 12:32pm On Mar 17, 2017
spencerlouis:
I am super tall!!! 6'3 nd I love em short!!! but not midget short oo lipsrsealed
but pple in general prefer taller girls! I tink they look unique undecided but not for me...
you are super tall at 6'3? lolzzz

google yao ming...... go to my profile too and click on the first topic you will see..... thank me later
Re: The Various Advantages Of Being A Short Girl by Fernandowski(m): 12:34pm On Mar 17, 2017
victorydgirl:
no 9 got me laughing
i am sure you know the topic is useless and funny too
Re: The Various Advantages Of Being A Short Girl by Fernandowski(m): 12:37pm On Mar 17, 2017
well, I can date any girl I think I like Cus it been long I saw a girl that her head reaches my neck ..... apart from my sisters though

no hyping
Re: The Various Advantages Of Being A Short Girl by Icecream4U(m): 12:53pm On Mar 17, 2017
spencerlouis:
6'3 is super tall? shocked
Re: The Various Advantages Of Being A Short Girl by Nobody: 1:11pm On Mar 17, 2017
what!
Re: The Various Advantages Of Being A Short Girl by Alexbrain(m): 1:27pm On Mar 17, 2017
As a 6.5 feet guy, I find these petite girls attracted to me, but I love tall ladies and they seem not to like me in return.
Re: The Various Advantages Of Being A Short Girl by Princess4ng(f): 1:32pm On Mar 17, 2017
I dont even know if am tall or short
embarassed Ibibiofirstlady come and help me mbok

2 Likes

Re: The Various Advantages Of Being A Short Girl by mzpetit(f): 1:41pm On Mar 17, 2017
I am petite,I am fun sized.I am happy! I love me.
Re: The Various Advantages Of Being A Short Girl by Nobody: 1:54pm On Mar 17, 2017
sinaj:
This is quite funny grin
Very funny. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Had Sex With My Mum / I Need An Adventurous Sex Mate - I Will Shower Her With Gifts / How Can I Overcome Immediate Ejaculation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.