Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,420 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Trump's Favourite Proverb Is From Nigeria - BBC - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump's Favourite Proverb Is From Nigeria - BBC (76472 Views)

The First Floating Farm In The World: Model For Riverine States In Nigeria- BBC / Trump Quotes A Nigerian Poem, Calls It Irish Proverb / Gambia Talks Fail As President Refuses To Step Down-bbc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump's Favourite Proverb Is From Nigeria - BBC by Moving4: 6:45pm On Mar 17, 2017
Dats why we are always proud of our country, Good People Great Nation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump's Favourite Proverb Is From Nigeria - BBC by tianshie(m): 7:09pm On Mar 17, 2017
tRUMP is a pile of cow dung. And so is anyone here who supports him.
Re: Trump's Favourite Proverb Is From Nigeria - BBC by Iamdmentor1(m): 7:11pm On Mar 17, 2017
Jayson1:
"Always remember to forget the friends that proved untrue. But never forget to remember those who have stuck by you."

I think GEJ should see this. cool

God bless Donald Trump

God bless GEJ

God bless Chief James Onanefe Ibori.

Only in Nigeria, criminals are celebrated.
Re: Trump's Favourite Proverb Is From Nigeria - BBC by Nobody: 7:34pm On Mar 17, 2017
Lucasbalo:
When people have been oppressed for so long, they fall in love with their oppressors and that's Classic Stockholm Syndrome.

i wish this post wasn't through because it is damn scary as hell.
Re: Trump's Favourite Proverb Is From Nigeria - BBC by Richydos(m): 8:13pm On Mar 17, 2017
Jayson1:
"Always remember to forget the friends that proved untrue. But never forget to remember those who have stuck by you."

I think GEJ should see this. cool

God bless Donald Trump

God bless GEJ

God bless Chief James Onanefe Ibori.
Are u shitting me... Like fucking seriously u mentioned IBORI?... N even asked God to bless him
Bia Nkechi get me dt my koboko
Re: Trump's Favourite Proverb Is From Nigeria - BBC by brightgreat(m): 8:34pm On Mar 17, 2017
Best clap back of the year
Issokay

Jayson1:
If they're tormenting you, I can boldly tell you that they're not tormenting me.

You can argue with your ancestors about it sir.

Have a nice day.
Re: Trump's Favourite Proverb Is From Nigeria - BBC by davidif: 9:00pm On Mar 17, 2017
naptu2:

Nigerian proverb that was President Roosevelt's favourite proverb.

I thought it was a Swahili proverb.
Re: Trump's Favourite Proverb Is From Nigeria - BBC by Nobody: 10:07pm On Mar 17, 2017
hucienda:
"Speak gently and carry a big stick ..."

President Trump, I see you.

Long line of Republican POTUS, from Lincoln to Trump.
My girlfriend used to say "Gogo, you speak gently but your stick is very big" wink
Re: Trump's Favourite Proverb Is From Nigeria - BBC by iRepLagos: 1:30am On Mar 18, 2017
gabi87:

It should torment u cos ur wats wrong with the society and country at large. How can u celebrate criminals yet want to end corruption, are u not nuts in the head
Criminals you say?
If you only have one them as a father.
Re: Trump's Favourite Proverb Is From Nigeria - BBC by emeka2847: 3:55am On Mar 18, 2017
Yes o. I beg you fit borrow meyour whistle? Please.

Jayson1:
Seems you know the secret place he hid them. undecided
Re: Trump's Favourite Proverb Is From Nigeria - BBC by phoromighty(m): 6:37am On Mar 18, 2017
bestman09:
My favourite; Those who their CHI has cracked their palm kernels should not look down on others. Chinua Achebe
Those whose palm kernels have been cracked by a benevolent god should not forget to be humble
Though similar meaning, but try to always get the quote right,it matters a lot.
Re: Trump's Favourite Proverb Is From Nigeria - BBC by Mustay(m): 6:43am On Mar 18, 2017
I think the one relevant to POTUS right now considering the tweets and tapping Merkel is

"Words are like bullets; if they escape, you can't catch them again."
Re: Trump's Favourite Proverb Is From Nigeria - BBC by davidif: 7:30am On Mar 18, 2017
YMBBA:
That's a good one from someone who reads.

What?!?!? Trump reads? As in books?? Hahaha, you do know this politicians have speech writers right? And that Trump himself has admitted that he doesn't read books right?
Re: Trump's Favourite Proverb Is From Nigeria - BBC by davidif: 7:42am On Mar 18, 2017
Admin401:

i wish this post wasn't through because it is damn scary as hell.

Actually, it has been proven time and again.

You can even observe the phenomenon amongst some nairalanders who still stuck and support leaders who mortgaged there future and that of there kids.
Re: Trump's Favourite Proverb Is From Nigeria - BBC by Muhammad1988(m): 9:08am On Mar 18, 2017
most of the names used on some post, were not realy the bearers.
Re: Trump's Favourite Proverb Is From Nigeria - BBC by wildernessVoice: 10:20am On Mar 18, 2017
Jayson1:
If they're tormenting you, I can boldly tell you that they're not tormenting me.

You can argue with your ancestors about it sir.

Have a nice day.

You don't throw away bad child with the water
Re: Trump's Favourite Proverb Is From Nigeria - BBC by Jayson1: 10:22am On Mar 18, 2017
wildernessVoice:

You don't throw away bad child with the water
cool
Re: Trump's Favourite Proverb Is From Nigeria - BBC by AbujaBlue: 11:44am On Mar 19, 2017
Actually neither Nigerian or Irish. Posted in 1936 New York newspaper

https://twitter.com/QuoteResearch/status/842849694397026304/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Craig Robertson: Man Threatening To Assassinate Joe Biden, Shot Dead By FBI / Prince Charles Tests Positive To Coronavirus / America’s $200m “doomsday” Plane That Protects Vips In Event Of A Nuclear War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.