Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,148 members, 7,825,584 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC (53446 Views)

Sierra Leone Government Patronises Innoson Vehicles In Anambra State (Pictures) / Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official / Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by Mark3(m): 4:48pm On Mar 17, 2017
I hope our drivers will abide by this rule to save lives lost to over speeding
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by wayisshut: 4:53pm On Mar 17, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
That was quick.... shocked

Get your drivers license without stress, visit this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/2757772/apply-get-original-drivers-license

Gazzuzz do you have a car for me budget 400k.
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 17, 2017
80km/hr on the highway is a tad too slow. Or is it because of the presence of pot-holes on the highways?

100km/hr would be the ideal speed limit on smooth roads.
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by Edwin111: 5:02pm On Mar 17, 2017
paschal47:
Nigerian roads are speed limits already, why implement that? grin grin grin
LMAO.
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by 3kay945(m): 5:08pm On Mar 17, 2017
I never test speed of my car yet... Anyway,.. I trust Nigerian,.. There is always a way round stuff like this. cool
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by hysteriabox(m): 5:18pm On Mar 17, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
That was quick.... shocked

Get your drivers license without stress, visit this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/2757772/apply-get-original-drivers-license

Location please
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by gloryman91: 5:20pm On Mar 17, 2017
Have you installed your speedlimiter?

Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by vikeyz(m): 5:24pm On Mar 17, 2017
I always stay on 80km/hr, so no wahala for my side sha, na them them
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by metallisc(m): 5:36pm On Mar 17, 2017
tohpahz:
And someone I know does 160 nd above on 3rd mainland bridge.

a driver that cannot do 180 on 3rd mainland bridge, is that one a driver?

1 Like

Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by Bayou4sure: 5:45pm On Mar 17, 2017
Impossibility....
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by gonkin(m): 5:53pm On Mar 17, 2017
I dont feel safe when driving at 100km/h someone may hit me from behind especially those shattered killers of dangote. At least 120. You could be an active or reactive driver, i am both. Na so keke jam my mirror one day i was going just 30 in city, na okada pull my mirror. So i would rather be a threat than to be threatened
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by cbrass(m): 6:04pm On Mar 17, 2017
tohpahz:
And someone I know does 160 nd above on 3rd mainland bridge.

160 is still fair to me, atleats before he gets to adeniji he will be back to 50
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by Bmedels26(f): 6:07pm On Mar 17, 2017
In Need of FRSC Accredited Speed limiter at fair price?

SPEED LIMIT CONTROL DEVICE (T11)
The T11 is a speed limiter only
Features and Benefits
- IT CAN LIMIT VICHLE SPEED AT GOVERNMENT PRESET SPEED ,
INTELLIGENTLY AND ACCURATELY USING AUTOMATIC SPEED CALIBRATION .
-IT CAN RECORD THE DATA INFORMATION OF OVER 72 WORKING HOURS( SPEED RECORD, LONGITUDE, LATITUDE,STRENGTH OF GPS SIGNAL, YEAR, MONTH, DAY, HOUR, MINUTE, SECOND, THE SPEED OF VEHICLE),
-DATA CAN BE EXPORTED VIA USB PORT FROM THE DEVICE,
-DATA RETRIEVAL OF SPEED RECORD FROM THE DEVICE,
WITH THE AID OF A THE SOFTWARE CAN VIEWED
-THE TRACKING OF SPEED, AND PLAYBACK CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON THE GOOGLE MAP,
IT IS STRONG AND RELIABLE.
How It Works
The electronic control unit (ecu) is connected to the speed signal (electronic speedometer, ABS or mechanical sensor) and receives frequency signals while the vehicle is moving. at a preset frequency, for example 80km/h, the ECU transmits a signal to the Fuel Flow Valve. The valve closes(not completely) reducing the fuel to the injectors which then holds the vehicle at a set speed.

Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by sshalom(m): 6:21pm On Mar 17, 2017
The question is about enforcement. D they have cameras to know who has transgressed etc? The the issue of speed limiting device implementation is lie the story of a man whose roof is on fire but is busy chasing a rat about town.

We are confronted with too many issues requiring urgent and desperate attention abeg!
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by matrixme(m): 6:24pm On Mar 17, 2017
I saw a military vehicle blowing 500 along Abuja Keffi road today. Perhaps they are in such hurry to brutalize another poor civilian.
Does this law apply to vehicles conveying politicians too? Or those are above the law?
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by Nobody: 6:28pm On Mar 17, 2017
who is enforcing?!...me wey dey do 160 for Lag-Ibadan
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by permit(m): 6:36pm On Mar 17, 2017
talk2uwem:
pls tell FRSC to make it 150 for privates and 130 for public cars/bus
why?
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by erico2k2(m): 6:43pm On Mar 17, 2017
ophilly:
The odometers of most cars on our roads (Tokunbo) are calibrated in miles. That max. speed of 100kmph will be 62mph
I think it's approximately 68mph
The uk is 70mph which is 112kmph .
If our rd where good frm Uniben gate to Ikeja would be 3 hours .
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by orjaha(m): 6:45pm On Mar 17, 2017
okay, I hear oo
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by Nobody: 6:48pm On Mar 17, 2017
CFCman:
80km/hr on the highway is a tad too slow. Or is it because of the presence of pot-holes on the highways?

100km/hr would be the ideal speed limit on smooth roads.
Lol.
Is it that slow? I did it once to Enugu from Aba, and all the drivers were looking at me as if I am not okay grin.
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by erico2k2(m): 6:50pm On Mar 17, 2017
newfound2012:
I can't imagine driving 100kmph on a long journey.
my regular speed na 140 and countless cars still overtake me.
Road safety wan kill transport business for Nigeria. Imagine driving 100 from Kano to Lagos cryI can't imagine driving 100kmph on a long journey.
my regular speed na 140 and countless cars still overtake me.
Road safety wan kill transport business for Nigeria. Imagine driving 100 from Kano to Lagos
110 should be your max realy especially with bad roads
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by erico2k2(m): 6:53pm On Mar 17, 2017
cruzyteejay:
That doesn't make any sense,since the only available and affordable means of travelling to a distance destination is by road..........you don't expect a driver travelling from ogoja to ph to run a max of 100km/hr
The difference in ETA won't be more than 20 to 25 mins I can guarantee you.
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by Nobody: 7:08pm On Mar 17, 2017
PaperLace:

Lol.
Is it that slow? I did it once to Enugu from Aba, and all the drivers were looking at me as if I am not okay grin.
It's 49.7mph. If you drive like that here, absent heavy traffic, you may receive a ticket from a police officer.
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 17, 2017
CFCman:

It's 49.7mph. If you drive like that here, absent heavy traffic, you may receive a ticket from a police officer.
Na by force to speed? angry
Even when I maintained the non-speed lane. We will fight that day...the police man and I.
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by Nobody: 7:13pm On Mar 17, 2017
PaperLace:

Na by force to speed? angry
Even when I maintained the non-speed lane. We will fight that day...the police man and I.
cheesy
Good luck in getting away with an aggravated assault and battery charge cheesy

If I'm driving from Lag to Anambra, na 100km/hr I go do
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by uvalued(m): 7:18pm On Mar 17, 2017
autojosh:
Are you aware we have speed limits in Nigeria?

Implementation may be next to non but the policy does exist as seen in the attached snapshot.

The maximum speed limit in Nigeria is 100km/hr… and there is even a caveat that says “Ignorance of the law is not an excuse”

Tell us if you like these speed limits to be implemented or not..

https://autojosh.com/speed-limits-in-nigeria/

Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by 18wheeler: 7:23pm On Mar 17, 2017
We that drive ĺong distances, say yola to abuja, @100km/h we'll use 2days. 100kmph when I sight road safety. If I pass them it's my usual speed; 140-170kmph.
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by megareal: 7:29pm On Mar 17, 2017
I do 120 km/h on highways. My husband does 160-180.
Meaning say we don dey break rules be that. shocked

This speed limit na wa.
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by cjscon2(m): 7:32pm On Mar 17, 2017
I did not see keke speed limits abi them no be motorists
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by lhawarl1(m): 7:50pm On Mar 17, 2017
ayatt:
how can they checkmate this now?

you sabi chess? Let play at chess.com na
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by Marcleee(m): 8:03pm On Mar 17, 2017
Means I'm gonna be arrested over and over again cos I can't drive below 180 on the express way expecially when I'm driving along sapele-benin road, Benin-Okada-Ore road, airport road port Harcourt b4 owerri and the rest. I Just can't do without speed.
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by megama: 9:24pm On Mar 17, 2017
autojosh:
Are you aware we have speed limits in Nigeria?

Implementation may be next to non but the policy does exist as seen in the attached snapshot.

The maximum speed limit in Nigeria is 100km/hr… and there is even a caveat that says “Ignorance of the law is not an excuse”

Tell us if you like these speed limits to be implemented or not..

https://autojosh.com/speed-limits-in-nigeria/

opps am trying to view, difficult. But the law must have been outdated. I never see were you designate a price car on a particular speed level. Commercial may be OK. I think road safety need more works to do ; on the drivers licensing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Innoson Launches Cars For Low And Middle Class Nigerians / Why Do We Call These Buses “luxurious Buses”? (PHOTOS) / UAE Orders Arrest Of Man Over 'Arrogant Display Of Wealth' In Viral IG Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.