Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,120 members, 7,953,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:39 PM

Commercial Bus Knocks Down And Kills Lady Selling Bread In Lagos. Graphic Photos - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Commercial Bus Knocks Down And Kills Lady Selling Bread In Lagos. Graphic Photos (45301 Views)

Man’s Legs Cut Off After Jumping Off A Train In Ikeja, Lagos (Graphic Photo) / Jeep Knocks Down Kid Going For Children's Day Party In Bayelsa, Fractures Bone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Commercial Bus Knocks Down And Kills Lady Selling Bread In Lagos. Graphic Photos by nickxtra(m): 6:27pm On Mar 17, 2017
I thought street hawking has been outlawed in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Commercial Bus Knocks Down And Kills Lady Selling Bread In Lagos. Graphic Photos by JeffreyJames(m): 6:30pm On Mar 17, 2017
Once person close eye for Nigeria them go say e don die.. they should take her to the hospital abeg.
Re: Commercial Bus Knocks Down And Kills Lady Selling Bread In Lagos. Graphic Photos by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 17, 2017
dammytosh:

I dnt blame the politicians stealing.

I blame the NEVER DO GOODS who after evidence of the Theft still say it is WITCH HUNT.

Everything she was hawking might not be up to 20 thousand naira.
I can't but agree with you more Bro, but the painful thing is it still won't make them change their biase thoughts along ethnic and religious lines
RIP
Re: Commercial Bus Knocks Down And Kills Lady Selling Bread In Lagos. Graphic Photos by edo3(m): 6:33pm On Mar 17, 2017
dammytosh:

I did too.

The total value of what i hawked then used to be 17naira and i will still not sell everything.

This is very painful.
So painful bro..
Re: Commercial Bus Knocks Down And Kills Lady Selling Bread In Lagos. Graphic Photos by elderbros(m): 6:34pm On Mar 17, 2017
Emmagination55:
You are hereby invited for an aptitude test for the position of Female Sales Exec. Scheduled to hold on Sat. 25th feb.2017 at the Lagoon restaurant,12 ozumba mbadiwe str,victoria island,lagos.
Time: 8am. Please come along with original copy of the ffg:
1. Nysc/exemption letter (compulsory)
2. Bsc
3. O'level
4. Birth cert & passport photograph
5. CV and a valid means of ID. Globacom HR

Please did anyone receive this job invite

How did the test go
Re: Commercial Bus Knocks Down And Kills Lady Selling Bread In Lagos. Graphic Photos by YaksonFCA(m): 6:37pm On Mar 17, 2017
Sad. May her soul rest in peace.
Re: Commercial Bus Knocks Down And Kills Lady Selling Bread In Lagos. Graphic Photos by Jabioro: 6:40pm On Mar 17, 2017
Selling ,Hawk by road side is dangerous to life, it has no safety mode. Though my condolences goes to the family, bereaved family. may her soul rest in peace

1 Like

Re: Commercial Bus Knocks Down And Kills Lady Selling Bread In Lagos. Graphic Photos by Raintaker(m): 6:46pm On Mar 17, 2017
sarrki:
Painful

Looking for her daily bread

Wicked politician looting us dry always

I dislike Nigerian politicians

They lack the fear of God
Looking for her daily bread or selling her daily bread
R. I. P
To d young woman

1 Like

Re: Commercial Bus Knocks Down And Kills Lady Selling Bread In Lagos. Graphic Photos by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 17, 2017
CastedDude:
A female trader was knocked down and killed in a horrible accident which happened few hours ago at Sango toll gate, Lagos. A commercial bus popularly known as 'Danfo' ran into the lady selling bread and other traders by the roadside -knocking her down and scattering her goods all over the road. She apparently died on the spot. May her soul rest in peace.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/03/commercial-bus-knocks-down-and-kills.html
jst imagine u guys cant rush her to de hospital na pishure una fit take....mtchewww
Re: Commercial Bus Knocks Down And Kills Lady Selling Bread In Lagos. Graphic Photos by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 7:49pm On Mar 17, 2017
sarrki:
Painful

They are demons in human clothing.
Re: Commercial Bus Knocks Down And Kills Lady Selling Bread In Lagos. Graphic Photos by sirusX(m): 8:03pm On Mar 17, 2017
Standardst:
jst imagine u guys cant rush her to de hospital na pishure una fit take....mtchewww
When someone has crossed over...it only takes God's miracle to get a second chance
Re: Commercial Bus Knocks Down And Kills Lady Selling Bread In Lagos. Graphic Photos by jimoqua: 8:05pm On Mar 17, 2017
na war oh. RIP
Re: Commercial Bus Knocks Down And Kills Lady Selling Bread In Lagos. Graphic Photos by sirlop(m): 8:13pm On Mar 17, 2017
sarrki:
Painful

U keep on defending this zoogeria..
Re: Commercial Bus Knocks Down And Kills Lady Selling Bread In Lagos. Graphic Photos by Adebowale89(m): 8:23pm On Mar 17, 2017
sarrki:
Painful

including buhari? I dislike Nigeria democratic rule not just the politicians only
Re: Commercial Bus Knocks Down And Kills Lady Selling Bread In Lagos. Graphic Photos by eROCK247(m): 8:32pm On Mar 17, 2017
Too much death... cry cry cry
Re: Commercial Bus Knocks Down And Kills Lady Selling Bread In Lagos. Graphic Photos by Nobody: 9:07pm On Mar 17, 2017
Omg.. Rip cry
Re: Commercial Bus Knocks Down And Kills Lady Selling Bread In Lagos. Graphic Photos by Adetayo1978(m): 9:07pm On Mar 17, 2017
My prayer everyday is that if I've the opportunity to come to this world again, I don't want to be a Nigerian.
I'm a graduate of accountancy, living with disability, with no job for over 9 yrs now. Govt do not care about us, the private companies do not employ us. Wetin man go do Na God dey help people like me o.
Re: Commercial Bus Knocks Down And Kills Lady Selling Bread In Lagos. Graphic Photos by Mrjo(m): 9:28pm On Mar 17, 2017
sarrki:
Painful
they said danfo nt politicians
Re: Commercial Bus Knocks Down And Kills Lady Selling Bread In Lagos. Graphic Photos by akigbemaru: 9:33pm On Mar 17, 2017
crazy incidence and only in Lagos.
Re: Commercial Bus Knocks Down And Kills Lady Selling Bread In Lagos. Graphic Photos by oladotman(m): 9:45pm On Mar 17, 2017
My God!
This made me sad. She died while hustling.
May God grant her loved ones fortitude to bear the loss.
Re: Commercial Bus Knocks Down And Kills Lady Selling Bread In Lagos. Graphic Photos by dapiluv: 10:17pm On Mar 17, 2017
Reason I support the government to eradicate them.
Re: Commercial Bus Knocks Down And Kills Lady Selling Bread In Lagos. Graphic Photos by Austin234(m): 10:27pm On Mar 17, 2017
Innocent girl fending for her living. My heart has rented. Pls, our policians, make our suffering less in this country na. Death of this woman has direct bearing on the mis-rule of our greedy politians. May her soul rest in peace
Re: Commercial Bus Knocks Down And Kills Lady Selling Bread In Lagos. Graphic Photos by gentleedu(m): 10:37pm On Mar 17, 2017
I just cried for this young girl....RIP ......

1 Like

Re: Commercial Bus Knocks Down And Kills Lady Selling Bread In Lagos. Graphic Photos by eflintsone(m): 10:55pm On Mar 17, 2017
may her soul rest well ..... if na north this happen una no go see rip na aboki dis aboki that from those igbos and south south

1 Like

Re: Commercial Bus Knocks Down And Kills Lady Selling Bread In Lagos. Graphic Photos by Nobody: 11:28pm On Mar 17, 2017
Respect for human life is fast diminishing, I have seen too much of this within my 4 years stay in Lagos and my love for life is getting cold.
i just hope these things stop... i don't know how.

...people still stand to take pics
Re: Commercial Bus Knocks Down And Kills Lady Selling Bread In Lagos. Graphic Photos by Odkosh: 11:52pm On Mar 17, 2017
sarrki:
Painful

bro go sit down, you dislike Nigerian politician but you dey hail buhari. is buhari a carpenter?. rip to this lady jor.

1 Like

Re: Commercial Bus Knocks Down And Kills Lady Selling Bread In Lagos. Graphic Photos by jimb(m): 10:55am On Mar 18, 2017
oya make en begin chop d bread fast fast
Re: Commercial Bus Knocks Down And Kills Lady Selling Bread In Lagos. Graphic Photos by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 18, 2017
dammytosh:

I dnt blame the politicians stealing.

I blame the NEVER DO GOODS who after evidence of the Theft still say it is WITCH HUNT.

Everything she was hawking might not be up to 20 thousand naira.

RIP

Selling 20K worth of bread a day means she gets 120K if she works for six days so I don't understand the emphasis you made on the worth of her goods

Sometimes even when efforts are made to show them the danger of street hawking, they still do it. A few months back, there was a bann on street hawking and KAI officials even arrested these people, I have also been a witness to these temporary arrests, but media practitioners and other so-called well meaning Nigerians campaigned against it, peddling all sort of stories over media platforms

Unfortunately, this is the consequence of our collective actions, not entirely bad governance in this case. It's still unlawful to hawk on major roads, you need to get your facts right. One should always consider safety first
Re: Commercial Bus Knocks Down And Kills Lady Selling Bread In Lagos. Graphic Photos by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 18, 2017
Adetayo1978:
My prayer everyday is that if I've the opportunity to come to this world again, I don't want to be a Nigerian.
I'm a graduate of accountancy, living with disability, with no job for over 9 yrs now. Govt do not care about us, the private companies do not employ us. Wetin man go do Na God dey help people like me o.

God bless you, what is the nature of your disability, is there no skill that you can learn? If there is please open a thread in family section and mention Tehn, you need to be prepared for verification but I assure you that you will get enough money to pay for your vocational training.

If you are not interested in such training, you can try writing ICAN, visit the job section often and maintain an open mind, good luck
Re: Commercial Bus Knocks Down And Kills Lady Selling Bread In Lagos. Graphic Photos by Nobody: 11:34am On Mar 18, 2017
sarrki:
Painful
Even Ambode who placed a bann on street hawking?
Re: Commercial Bus Knocks Down And Kills Lady Selling Bread In Lagos. Graphic Photos by dammytosh: 11:42am On Mar 18, 2017
Pidgin2:

Selling 20K worth of bread a day means she gets 120K if she works for six days so I don't understand the emphasis you made on the worth of her goods

Sometimes even when efforts are made to show them the danger of street hawking, they still do it. A few months back, there was a bann on street hawking and KAI officials even arrested these people, I have also been a witness to these temporary arrests, but media practitioners and other so-called well meaning Nigerians campaigned against it, peddling all sort of stories over media platforms

Unfortunately, this is the consequence of our collective actions, not entirely bad governance in this case. It's still unlawful to hawk on major roads, you need to get your facts right. One should always consider safety first

Your maths is flawed. 20k capital does not mean she gets 120k a week and some one even said I must have exaggerated the value.

I guess u are one of the privileged ones. That is why you think speaking English can solve problems people face before they resort to hawking.

I once hawked and the value of what I carried over 20KMs then was between 17 naira to 18 naira and I dnt sell everything.

Don't pity me cos I earn 7 digits a month right now. It is a story of where u are coming from has nothing to do it where you are going to.

Your back ground might not let u know dt without hawking her next option might be prostituttion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Before You Move To Canada / Another Container Falls In Lagos This Morning (Photos) / Ukrainian Airliner Crashes Near Tehran, 180 People Suspected Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.