Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,513 members, 7,812,594 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

Woyin Karowie Consecrated As Bishop Of Woolwich, London (Pics) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Woyin Karowie Consecrated As Bishop Of Woolwich, London (Pics) (20762 Views)

Nigerian Preacher Arrested For Public Disturbance In London(pics) / Muslims Storm Emir's Palace As Bishop Sam Zuga Preaches At The Palace In Lafia(p / Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woyin Karowie Consecrated As Bishop Of Woolwich, London (Pics) by oluwoleife: 8:33pm On Mar 17, 2017
Bishop Woyin Karowie Dorgu or Bishop Woyin Karounwi Ogun?

Just saying tho

1 Like

Re: Woyin Karowie Consecrated As Bishop Of Woolwich, London (Pics) by Justeenaleo(f): 9:02pm On Mar 17, 2017
lepasharon:
Hide your lil boys tongue lipsrsealed
Really??
You've got to be kidding.
Re: Woyin Karowie Consecrated As Bishop Of Woolwich, London (Pics) by Moving4: 9:17pm On Mar 17, 2017
Congrats Father!
Re: Woyin Karowie Consecrated As Bishop Of Woolwich, London (Pics) by Nobody: 9:22pm On Mar 17, 2017
DickDastardly:
Igbos are doing well "Nwonyii Okaronwe Udorgu" grin cheesy

Thiefry of the highest order. grin

Anyway Nigeria is one. When Okocha scores na we all get the goal.
Ride on.
Re: Woyin Karowie Consecrated As Bishop Of Woolwich, London (Pics) by cobsol(m): 9:24pm On Mar 17, 2017
marltech:
shocked
aaah!
see. how to run and maintain a profitable business in Nigeria.
www.nigeriaconsumers.org
Re: Woyin Karowie Consecrated As Bishop Of Woolwich, London (Pics) by Nobody: 9:24pm On Mar 17, 2017
MARKETfund:
Woolwich Arsenal my hood cool

Easy going town
Missed there
You can say that again. Woolwich oo, Greenwich, north greenwich oo, Woolwich centre oo, they're all my hoods. I just hated woolwich arsenal the day I was told Ibori was serving his jail term in the prison there. Corrupt politicians spoiling our country's name name everywhere
Re: Woyin Karowie Consecrated As Bishop Of Woolwich, London (Pics) by cobsol(m): 9:25pm On Mar 17, 2017
marltech:
shocked
aaah!
see. how to run and maintain a profitable business in Nigeria.
www.nigeriaconsumers.org
Re: Woyin Karowie Consecrated As Bishop Of Woolwich, London (Pics) by Nobody: 9:53pm On Mar 17, 2017
7Alexander:
Anyone notice something strange in the last pics?

Is that a white shadow or what?
lol angel dey follow papa grin
Re: Woyin Karowie Consecrated As Bishop Of Woolwich, London (Pics) by Austin234(m): 10:01pm On Mar 17, 2017
Hope he not a gay bishop. Meanwhile, congrats
Re: Woyin Karowie Consecrated As Bishop Of Woolwich, London (Pics) by JANK23H(m): 10:36pm On Mar 17, 2017
oluwoleife:
Bishop Woyin Karowie Dorgu or Bishop Woyin Karounwi Ogun?

Just saying tho
Woyinkarowei Dorgu is an Ijaw name. It means 'the man who worships God'. Don't remix it because of tribalism abeg.
Re: Woyin Karowie Consecrated As Bishop Of Woolwich, London (Pics) by ekene247(m): 10:36pm On Mar 17, 2017
iykejohn:
waooo my fellow Catholic bro
didn't u see church of England there? that is Anglican, Catholic is Roman
Re: Woyin Karowie Consecrated As Bishop Of Woolwich, London (Pics) by MARKETfund: 11:08pm On Mar 17, 2017
awelekiti:
You can say that again. Woolwich oo, Greenwich, north greenwich oo, Woolwich centre oo, they're all my hoods. I just hated woolwich arsenal the day I was told Ibori was serving his jail term in the prison there. Corrupt politicians spoiling our country's name name everywhere

Lol bro you be confirmed AREA o cheesy
Memories flooding back - nostalgia cool
Re: Woyin Karowie Consecrated As Bishop Of Woolwich, London (Pics) by OgaJonah(m): 12:11am On Mar 18, 2017
Isssokey, hope u don't extort church members to buy GLK for HOE,S
Re: Woyin Karowie Consecrated As Bishop Of Woolwich, London (Pics) by AreaFada2: 12:29am On Mar 18, 2017
joey150:

Church of England is the Anglican church

Anglican still does refer to itself as the holy Catholic Church.

Might sound strange to some. I thin it is about believing to be original.

Remember Martin Luther that paved the way for Protestantism, even before Anglican Church did not actually want to break way from Catholic church initially but to reform it.
Re: Woyin Karowie Consecrated As Bishop Of Woolwich, London (Pics) by Nobody: 3:08am On Mar 18, 2017
My name is bonaventure onuorah but you can call bonarhyme and Here is a poem I wrote about religious leaders, the title is the truth.
THE TRUTH
I stood still holding my phone Like some useless toy
I saw him, yes I saw the boy
And My mind was full of astonishment
I couldn't understand the situation
I felt embarrassment
I felt pity
I felt sad
I felt angry and all came at the same time
I only thought of having being born in a family as gullible as the millions that have lost their children to suicide bombing
They have deceived us
They said to many "if you kill yourself and others, you are going to enjoy your eternity in the paradise"
It wasn't enough and
They said "don't be friends with this infidels and don't greet them. Follow a different path when you meet them on the way"
Hatred have been spread in the name of GOD
And we aren't aware of that
Why not let GOD be the king
And keep our differences apart
We have got a world being ruled by the deceitful
They claim all sorts of title
And have succeeded ultimately in leading the shallow minded ones to their graveS
My friend, why not visit a doctor and check your health
Treat yourself and get well
Why don't you understand that the heavens helps those that help themselves
Have you forgotten that the same man that lured you to believe that with prayer nothing is impossible
Has a special doctor in America, Europe or asia
They fly in private jets for checkups
My brother, you are too young not to be in your work place
*and My sister, remember not to follow them to their secret places
For you will be doomed
Don't let them deceive you
God has destined you to be great
Don't become a terrorist for your religion
Just let GOD be your director
And your helper
Just let GOD be the king.
Yes I still insist
I saw the boy
I saw me in all confusion
Just like some of them that have lost their senses of reasoning
I still was confused until my eyes were opened and I could see their wrong doings
And their strategies to deceive
But to myself I just believed that what is right is right
Though I pray and hope that the youths gets my message for we are hopeless and stranded in the middle of an ocean
And our religious leaders who Lured us to fight against death himself have left us, flying in private jets
Smiling at us from high skies with their skin covered with expensive attires and perfumes
Yes I am repeating
They have succeeded to cause wars between two countries, towns and homes
Even brothers are divided
And the weak ones are left at their mercy
Can't you all see what I am seeing
And get it straight into your heart
Do what is right according to the almighty God's commandment and let peace reign
You took an oat that religion is peaceful and yet you deploy young minds to blow themselves up
I still see your intelligence in deceiving us to believe that you serve GOD
Yet front sits in your place of worship are kept for the elites and the rich
And the poor are trampled upon
And made to weep all day long
And I still ask
Why not let GOD be the king
And director
My friends be wise
And don't let yourself fall prey

Re: Woyin Karowie Consecrated As Bishop Of Woolwich, London (Pics) by joey150(m): 7:49am On Mar 18, 2017
AreaFada2:

Anglican still does refer to itself as the holy Catholic Church.

Might sound strange to some. I thin it is about believing to be original.

Remember Martin Luther that paved the way for Protestantism, even before Anglican Church did not actually want to break way from Catholic church initially but to reform it.

No... That is absolutely wrong.

The anglican church never refer to them as the roman Catholic church.. They are two serperate entities with different ideologies.

Martin Luther was excommunicated from the catholic church then he went on to champion Protestantism.
Re: Woyin Karowie Consecrated As Bishop Of Woolwich, London (Pics) by AreaFada2: 8:14am On Mar 18, 2017
joey150:

No... That is absolutely wrong.

The anglican church never refer to them as the roman Catholic church.. They are two serperate entities with different ideologies.

Martin Luther was excommunicated from the catholic church then he went on to champion Protestantism.

You see while people fail easily. grin

Wrote the Holy Catholic Church, you wrote Roman Catholic Church. I guess without googgling you do not know what word " Catholic" means.
It obvious you know little about both churches. Even if you go to one of them
Anyone who recites Anglican prayer cannot say what you said.

I guess you do not know that Luther had the opportunity to recant his writings and theses in the Diet of Worms, right in the presence of one of the Pope's biggest backers, the German Holy Roman Emperor. But he did not. Because he did not believe his teachings contravened the Scripture.

Try to understand things properly first.

I guess you will also say there are no married Catholic priests. I know you will.
Re: Woyin Karowie Consecrated As Bishop Of Woolwich, London (Pics) by Mendelssohn(m): 8:22am On Mar 18, 2017
iykejohn:
waooo my fellow Catholic bro

Where did you see anything like catholic there sir? England is purely Anglican.
Re: Woyin Karowie Consecrated As Bishop Of Woolwich, London (Pics) by joey150(m): 9:03am On Mar 18, 2017
AreaFada2:

You see while people fail easily. grin

Wrote the Holy Catholic Church, you wrote Roman Catholic Church. I guess without googgling you do not know what word " Catholic" means.
It obvious you know little about both churches. Even if you go to one of them
Anyone who recites Anglican prayer cannot say what you said.

I guess you do not know that Luther had the opportunity to recant his writings and theses in the Diet of Worms, right in the presence of one of the Pope's biggest backers, the German Holy Roman Emperor. But he did not. Because he did not believe his teachings contravened the Scripture.

Try to understand things properly first.

I guess you will also say there are no married Catholic priests. I know you will.

Big sigh.

I am a catholic.. And the Catholic church is same as the Roman Catholic church.. I care less about Martin Luther. My point is he was excommunicated from the church and that the Anglican church(church of England) is very DIFFERNET from the Roman Catholic church..

Please stop arguing blindly.. You obviously know little about the subject.. And dont get me started on the marrying issue for priests.

Re: Woyin Karowie Consecrated As Bishop Of Woolwich, London (Pics) by mrikay: 10:34am On Mar 18, 2017
slurryeye:

Really dude undecided
Abeg who use tribalism swear for you?
Shame on you
Its really sad!
Re: Woyin Karowie Consecrated As Bishop Of Woolwich, London (Pics) by mrikay: 10:39am On Mar 18, 2017
Mendelssohn:

Where did you see anything like catholic there sir? England is purely Anglican.

He is a troll... Forget that Moniker... He is neither Igbo nor Catholic!
Re: Woyin Karowie Consecrated As Bishop Of Woolwich, London (Pics) by AreaFada2: 10:44am On Mar 18, 2017
joey150:

Big sigh.

I am a catholic.. And the Catholic church is same as the Roman Catholic church.. I care less about Martin Luther. My point is he was excommunicated from the church and that the Anglican church(church of England) is very DIFFERNET from the Roman Catholic church..

Please stop arguing blindly.. You obviously know little about the subject.. And dont get me started on the marrying issue for priests.

Lol. I think you are one those blind Catholics. Narrow-minded and has no idea about history of the church. That former Anglican priests welcomed into Catholic priesthood remain married. How will you know? Young people of these days are allergic to knowledge.

Who cares about Martin Luther's excommunication by a corrupt indulgence selling church of that time?

You cannot boast of better grounding in Catholicism either through practice or formal theological education.
So shove your little knowledge.
Re: Woyin Karowie Consecrated As Bishop Of Woolwich, London (Pics) by oluwoleife: 11:44am On Mar 18, 2017
JANK23H:
Woyinkarowei Dorgu is an Ijaw name. It means 'the man who worships God'. Don't remix it because of tribalism abeg.

Na wah o, someone cannot play with u.
Re: Woyin Karowie Consecrated As Bishop Of Woolwich, London (Pics) by joey150(m): 12:13pm On Mar 18, 2017
AreaFada2:

Lol. I think you are one those blind Catholics. Narrow-minded and has no idea about history of the church. That former Anglican priests welcomed into Catholic priesthood remain married. How will you know? Young people of these days are allergic to knowledge.

Who cares about Martin Luther's excommunication by a corrupt indulgence selling church of that time?

You cannot boast of better grounding in Catholicism either through practice or formal theological education.
lol..... What are you going on about.... Did you or did you not learn today that Roman Catholic church and Catholic church are one and the same?

I dont really want to go into the marriage ish.. I know Catholic priest are not allowed to marry. And obviously if you do not know Roman Catholic and Catholic are one and the same i find it difficult to believe any other thing Catholic related you have to tell me.

On the Anglican priests coming back to the church stull married, i will do my research and get back to you..

You reek of hate for the one true church of Christ.
Re: Woyin Karowie Consecrated As Bishop Of Woolwich, London (Pics) by joey150(m): 12:42pm On Mar 18, 2017
AreaFada2:

this puts the matter to bed..it never really was the point of our argument to begin with..

It in no way means that the catholic and Anglican church are anything close by any stretch of the imagination to being alike.

Re: Woyin Karowie Consecrated As Bishop Of Woolwich, London (Pics) by LordCenturion(m): 5:02pm On Mar 18, 2017
Abagworo:

Ijaw not Igbo.

He's not ijaw, he is a yoruba..
OlaWoyin Karowie(Karounwi)
Re: Woyin Karowie Consecrated As Bishop Of Woolwich, London (Pics) by AreaFada2: 5:26pm On Mar 18, 2017
joey150:
this puts the matter to bed..it never really was the point of our argument to begin with..

It in no way means that the catholic and Anglican church are anything close by any stretch of the imagination to being alike.

Oh good.

With Google help you found out at last.

The sad thing is that while progressive Catholics would relish the opportunity to correct the schism of the 16th century, and bring as many as possible (like the married priests) back into the fold, you're still busy emphasizing man-made differences. No wonder Nigeria is so divided along every possible line.

Does it mean both Churches do not rely on the Bible, albeit with man-made doctrinal variations?
Re: Woyin Karowie Consecrated As Bishop Of Woolwich, London (Pics) by AreaFada2: 5:34pm On Mar 18, 2017
joey150:
lol..... What are you going on about.... Did you or did you not learn today that Roman Catholic church and Catholic church are one and the same?

I dont really want to go into the marriage ish.. I know Catholic priest are not allowed to marry. And obviously if you do not know Roman Catholic and Catholic are one and the same i find it difficult to believe any other thing Catholic related you have to tell me.

On the Anglican priests coming back to the church stull married, i will do my research and get back to you..

You reek of hate for the one true church of Christ.

Hate is not in my dictionary as such. What I cannot stand is ignorance, inability/refusal to learn on top

Anybody can claim anything. Even Boko (their practice) claim to be the only true version of their religion. grin cheesy

Fact is only God knows. You're not speaking from heaven with God right now. So all is assumption.

That you do not know the meaning of "Catholic" is clear. When people do not know things, they assume.

Obviously you have no proper Christian education. Just a churchgoer making assumptions like most people out there.
Re: Woyin Karowie Consecrated As Bishop Of Woolwich, London (Pics) by joey150(m): 7:23pm On Mar 18, 2017
AreaFada2:

Hate is not in my dictionary as such. What I cannot stand is ignorance, inability/refusal to learn on top

Anybody can claim anything. Even Boko (their practice) claim to be the only true version of their religion. grin cheesy

Fact is only God knows. You're not speaking from heaven with God right now. So all is assumption.

That you do not know the meaning of "Catholic" is clear. When people do not know things, they assume.

Obviously you have no proper Christian education. Just a churchgoer making assumptions like most people out there.

Ohh its now me that do not understand what "Catholic" means?

What is even your deal other than throwing weak jabs at me and questioning my knowledge on my faith
Re: Woyin Karowie Consecrated As Bishop Of Woolwich, London (Pics) by joey150(m): 7:28pm On Mar 18, 2017
AreaFada2:

Oh good.

With Google help you found out at last.

The sad thing is that while progressive Catholics would relish the opportunity to correct the schism of the 16th century, and bring as many as possible (like the married priests) back into the fold, you're still busy emphasizing man-made differences. No wonder Nigeria is so divided along every possible line.

Does it mean both Churches do not rely on the Bible, albeit with man-made doctrinal variations?

Christian churches vary differently based on their ideology.. Like it or not... The catholic church was the first ever instituted church. All other churches broke out from the catholic church. Never have catholic priests been allowed to have wives.. There is no bringing back what never was.. Anglican priest were accepted back because they had already been married or priests that were married before ordination. There is nothing to bring back.

(1) (2) (Reply)

To Know This As A Christian Will Solve All Of Your Problems / Some Annoying Things People Do In Church / RCCG Member Gives Birth 21 Years After Marriage After Holy Ghost Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.