Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,793 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:28 AM

Settle This Argument: Can The President Decide To Resign And Walk Away - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Settle This Argument: Can The President Decide To Resign And Walk Away (401 Views)

Buhari's 75th Birthday: FFK Congratulates President, Asks Him To Resign / Lets Put An End To This Argument Finally - Igbo Developed Lagos / Settle This Argument: Can The President Decide To Resign And Walk Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Settle This Argument: Can The President Decide To Resign And Walk Away by Obinnau(m): 6:52pm On Mar 17, 2017
I was arguing with colleagues. I said that the president of Nigeria can wake up any day and decide that he is tired of the presidency and tender his resignation to the Senate and nothing stops him from walking away. my colleagues stance is that the president cannot just tender his resignation and walk away that the Senate must summon him to verify the reasons he gave for his resignation. And of his explanations are not satisfactory to them then they can decide to reject his resignation letter. And that if he states his reasons for resignation is on health grounds that he has to be subjected to medical examination to ascertain if it indeed is true. We are still having a debated argument and both our parties agree the constitution experts in nairaland should deliberate on this for resolution.
Re: Settle This Argument: Can The President Decide To Resign And Walk Away by pressplay411(m): 7:07pm On Mar 17, 2017
Quite unprecedented.

(1) (Reply)

(26th March) Online Weekly Social Media Report On H.e Atiku Abubakar / (Pic.) Who Is Afraid Of Magu? / A Message For Those Out There Contemplating Suicide.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.