Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,113 members, 7,838,819 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

MAGU FIGHTS BACK: Intensifies Probe Of Senators, Ex-govs - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MAGU FIGHTS BACK: Intensifies Probe Of Senators, Ex-govs (40245 Views)

Defection Aftermath: Names Of Senators Remaining In APC (FULL LIST) / Video Of Senators Calling For Buhari's Impeachment / Nnamdi Kanu Meets With South-East Senators & Ex Governors (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MAGU FIGHTS BACK: Intensifies Probe Of Senators, Ex-govs by zheroes(m): 5:26pm On Mar 18, 2017
AngelicBeing:
""Saturday Telegraph’s findings showed that about 29 choice properties in the United Arab Emirate (UAE), had been traced to the said influential Senator.

“From all indication, it is instructive to note that the EFCC’s crackdown has started yielding dividends as investigations revealed that an influential serving senator has about 29 choice properties somewhere in Dubai and this is authoritative.

“In the coming days, I am very sure Nigerians will be informed about the status of the serving senator, which might be instrumental in some respect to the developments in the Senate Chamber this week,” the source added. Each of the assets located in the highbrow areas of Dubai and Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the UAE, is estimated at about $2 million. sad.

29 properties x 2 Million Dollars each = 58 Million Dollars x @450 Naira (black market rate) = 2.61 Billion Naira. No wonder the country is going through recession, they have milked the golden cow to the poin
t that the cow has finally collapsed, useless politicians
angry angry
wrong!!! N26B . am even more dissappointed at those who clicked likes!
Re: MAGU FIGHTS BACK: Intensifies Probe Of Senators, Ex-govs by AngelicBeing: 5:29pm On Mar 18, 2017
zheroes:
wrong!!! N26B . am even more dissappointed disappointed at those who clicked likes!
Typo error, my bad, no need to be disappointed at those who clicked likes or not because it is irrelevant to me, l just corrected you too, you spelt disappointed wrongly, nobody is beyond or above mistakes, l have gone to modify my original post wink
Re: MAGU FIGHTS BACK: Intensifies Probe Of Senators, Ex-govs by hatchy(f): 5:38pm On Mar 18, 2017
cktheluckyman:
As long as the senators are united, there is virtually nothing Magu can do to any of them
Na you type this poo?

Are you listening to yourself at all?

Re: MAGU FIGHTS BACK: Intensifies Probe Of Senators, Ex-govs by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 18, 2017
sagir1994:
enemy of progress

If I slap you
Re: MAGU FIGHTS BACK: Intensifies Probe Of Senators, Ex-govs by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 18, 2017
sweetgala:

All monies forfeited is returned into the CBN account and the office of the attorney general is in charge not such money.

Can you imagine your poor reasoning.

So cbn will not send him a memo to the effect of the money realised
Re: MAGU FIGHTS BACK: Intensifies Probe Of Senators, Ex-govs by Nobody: 5:50pm On Mar 18, 2017
sagir1994:
enemy of progress

You need to reset your brain and wash it

Re: MAGU FIGHTS BACK: Intensifies Probe Of Senators, Ex-govs by efilefun(m): 6:26pm On Mar 18, 2017
EastGold:

You need a brain reset

Magu couldn't account for the money efcc has realised when he appeared before the Senate
Your Brain is dead already, if they want to know the amount recovered so far they should invite the right person, so your empty brain thinks that's what he will keep thinking about instead of finding a way to bail thieves you all celebrate Abegii disappear from my mention
Re: MAGU FIGHTS BACK: Intensifies Probe Of Senators, Ex-govs by Kazrem(m): 6:35pm On Mar 18, 2017
He ought to have intensified it days before appearing before the senators.
Re: MAGU FIGHTS BACK: Intensifies Probe Of Senators, Ex-govs by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 18, 2017
Anything happening at EFCC under Magu is illegal and not recognised by law

someone will soon approach the court to judge whether Magu can circumvent the law and stay on in acting capacity even though his nomination has been rejected by NASS

If Magu knows what he is doing he should pack up and go. At this rate he will soon end up in jail
Re: MAGU FIGHTS BACK: Intensifies Probe Of Senators, Ex-govs by Kazrem(m): 6:40pm On Mar 18, 2017
We would not see youths carry banner and placard to Abuja protesting to confirm Ibrahim Magu now. But we could see them protesting against the prosecution of Saraki and shouting "he *IMMENSALY* contributed to APC".

Misguided and komeyi to kan youths.
Re: MAGU FIGHTS BACK: Intensifies Probe Of Senators, Ex-govs by mechanics(m): 6:52pm On Mar 18, 2017
goodness, do am fast fast o.
Re: MAGU FIGHTS BACK: Intensifies Probe Of Senators, Ex-govs by destinysaid(m): 7:12pm On Mar 18, 2017
fishbone11:

Did Deltans complain that their money was stolen during Ibori's reign as Governor? If they didn't Pls shut de Bleep up
bros, dnt be check my profile, Im an established citizen of SAPELE delta state, I HV 100% say in what happens in the state cause it directly affects me and my family, Dnt just jump to conclusions. Iv always been pro delta. When SAPELE citizens were protesting against NEPA there I was in support, after all I did my SIWES and IT in the said station.
Re: MAGU FIGHTS BACK: Intensifies Probe Of Senators, Ex-govs by scorpio1(m): 7:51pm On Mar 18, 2017
dre11:

• EFCC traces 29 Dubai choice properties to senator

• Magu, Daura join Buhari in Aso Villa mosque

http://newtelegraphonline.com/news/magu-fights-back/

Una feel say una no go confirm me abi?...Corruption will fight back now and you will see.
Re: MAGU FIGHTS BACK: Intensifies Probe Of Senators, Ex-govs by ezra1990: 8:58pm On Mar 18, 2017
hisgrace090:
Good move! Also remember ta orji of abia state. I really pity that state.
I wonder why they call it God's own state

1 Like

Re: MAGU FIGHTS BACK: Intensifies Probe Of Senators, Ex-govs by freeze001(f): 9:19pm On Mar 18, 2017
omenkaLives:
These are the set of crooks we expect to confirm a character such as Magu, impossible.

It is such a shame those who insist they want nothing too do with our dear country always seem to be the first to arrive the scene whenever matters of national importance are raised; even more shameful is that they always tend to take positions that make nonsense of whatever it is they have upstairs.

I have no idea how Daura got to release such a report knowing quite well it constitutes a drag on our anticorruption crusade.

Just hope Baba finds a way around this, otherwise these thieves just might realise their objective of finding someone alot more amenable and pliable for the job, and that would spell doom to all this admin stands for.

Why do u think there's a problem with Daura releasing the report on Magu? Did u question their so called sting operation and harassment of judges? Why question this report then? Is Magu above reproach? Is he d only one fit to head the EFCC?
Re: MAGU FIGHTS BACK: Intensifies Probe Of Senators, Ex-govs by freeze001(f): 9:26pm On Mar 18, 2017
sweetgala:

All monies forfeited is returned into the CBN account and the office of the attorney general is in charge not such money.

Doesn't mean he wouldn't have records of whatever has been recovered or forfeited. It passes through his office, all he was asked to provide was figures and not the actual physical cash for inspection.
Re: MAGU FIGHTS BACK: Intensifies Probe Of Senators, Ex-govs by israelmao(m): 9:38pm On Mar 18, 2017
Endless drama of Nigerian political class.
Re: MAGU FIGHTS BACK: Intensifies Probe Of Senators, Ex-govs by osazsky(m): 1:00am On Mar 19, 2017
Joke so cos dem nor confirm you, u wan begin expose dem. Are u trying to tell me dat u didn't know of all these assets ever since. Naija na home video. Failure go back to d slum were u belong
Re: MAGU FIGHTS BACK: Intensifies Probe Of Senators, Ex-govs by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 1:10am On Mar 19, 2017
Jabioro:
Tsunamis winds would blow opened many cans of worm.. the game of chess had just started. Let me see the best knight user.. the two queens has been cancelled ...

That is it, Senate think they are smart trying to use DSS to implicate Magu.. With the power and order from the Presidency, I see EFCC and DSS combining together and working hand in hand to prosecute them all..

2 Likes

Re: MAGU FIGHTS BACK: Intensifies Probe Of Senators, Ex-govs by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 1:22am On Mar 19, 2017
EastGold:
Who is fighting back?

You mean Magu who couldn't account for the money efcc has realised under him in the last 1 year is asking Governors to give 8 years accountability?

Mehn, Nigeria is a joke

Common sense should tell you Magu is not accountable to Senate so why will he disclose what was recover to them? If you watch the screening live, You will see the guy that ask the question was even laughing cos he know it's irrelevant question and i think he is doing what Fayose ask him to do..

1 Like

Re: MAGU FIGHTS BACK: Intensifies Probe Of Senators, Ex-govs by Nobody: 1:26am On Mar 19, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

Common sense should tell you Magu is not accountable to Senate so why will he disclose what was recover to them? If you watch the screening live, You will see the guy that ask the question was even laughing cos he know it's irrelevant question and i think he is doing what Fayose ask him to do..

U no sabi wetin you dey talk

Senate has oversight over EFCC

Also only a 2/3 majority of senate can sack a substantive head of EFCC

Magu is behaving like a tyrant and I am glad he is not confirmed
Re: MAGU FIGHTS BACK: Intensifies Probe Of Senators, Ex-govs by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 1:39am On Mar 19, 2017
krendo:

U no sabi wetin you dey talk

Senate has oversight over EFCC

Also only a 2/3 majority of senate can sack a substantive head of EFCC

Magu is behaving like a tyrant and I am glad he is not confirmed

LOL what a joker you are, Can you please show me anyone that have been sacked by 2/3 majority of the senate.

This is Nigeria and order from President override anything from the senate.

Maybe you need go back and ask how it went under OBJ..

To hell with the Senate..
Re: MAGU FIGHTS BACK: Intensifies Probe Of Senators, Ex-govs by TijaniAbu: 1:52am On Mar 19, 2017
Read these astonishing revelations in a signed statement from Ibrahim Magu

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/226418-exclusive-magu-told-buhari-sss-allegations.html

Buhari now has all the evidence he needs to make Magu the first efcc chair that will be charged to court for corrupt practices. From accepting private jet freebies from a crime suspect, and accepting palatial mansions as inducements from Umar, a known man-friend of dem dem unchained mad dog identifiers, to helping fake pastor fake professor (no phd) Osinbajo and Aisha Halliburton of Za Oda Room bury Dumebi Kachikwu's petrodollar scam. The revelations of the degree of interference Osinbajo and Sagay have indulged in is an eye-opener! This is the biggest test of Buhari's integrity, and he is about to fail. But whether Buhari acts properly by sacking Magu or not, these documents, intended as rebuttal, shall certainly form the core of a future government's case file against Magu and other members of Buhari's administration, in a proper anti-corruption trial. What a spectacular own goal. Even the cost of Umar's private jet that Magu took (an inducement worth tens of thousands of dollars) to "see his sick mother" would have built a complete teaching hospital in the beleagured north eastern state of Maiduguri. This signed statement from Ibrahim Magu is corruption as its most brazen. Did Magu the illiterate that can barely write even write that word "preposterous" himself? Or did Fake Pastor Fake Professor Vice President Yemi Osinbajo write it for him as usual?.... Good thing Magu signed it, and ostensibly made it without any duress, fully admissible in any competent court of law. One can only wonder how Magu can boldfacedly accept a Transparency International/Global Witness invitation to speak on anti-corruption in UK while mired neck-deep in bureaucratic corruption! Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose. Disgusting.
Re: MAGU FIGHTS BACK: Intensifies Probe Of Senators, Ex-govs by 2016v2017: 3:02am On Mar 19, 2017
EastGold:
Who is fighting back?

You mean Magu who couldn't account for the money efcc has realised under him in the last 1 year is asking Governors to give 8 years accountability?

Mehn, Nigeria is a joke
Re: MAGU FIGHTS BACK: Intensifies Probe Of Senators, Ex-govs by Nobody: 3:03am On Mar 19, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

LOL what a joker you are, Can you please show me anyone that have been sacked by 2/3 majority of the senate.

This is Nigeria and order from President override anything from the senate.

Maybe you need go back and ask how it went under OBJ..

To hell with the Senate..

Lawlessness will kill all of you
Re: MAGU FIGHTS BACK: Intensifies Probe Of Senators, Ex-govs by 2016v2017: 3:05am On Mar 19, 2017
hisgrace090:
Good move!
Also remember ta orji of abia state.
I really pity that state.
Re: MAGU FIGHTS BACK: Intensifies Probe Of Senators, Ex-govs by Nobody: 6:42am On Mar 19, 2017
TijaniAbu:
Read these astonishing revelations in a signed statement from Ibrahim Magu

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/226418-exclusive-magu-told-buhari-sss-allegations.html

Buhari now has all the evidence he needs to make Magu the first efcc chair that will be charged to court for corrupt practices. From accepting private jet freebies from a crime suspect, and accepting palatial mansions as inducements from Umar, a known man-friend of dem dem unchained mad dog identifiers, to helping fake pastor fake professor (no phd) Osinbajo and Aisha Halliburton of Za Oda Room bury Dumebi Kachikwu's petrodollar scam. The revelations of the degree of interference Osinbajo and Sagay have indulged in is an eye-opener! This is the biggest test of Buhari's integrity, and he is about to fail. But whether Buhari acts properly by sacking Magu or not, these documents, intended as rebuttal, shall certainly form the core of a future government's case file against Magu and other members of Buhari's administration, in a proper anti-corruption trial. What a spectacular own goal. Even the cost of Umar's private jet that Magu took (an inducement worth tens of thousands of dollars) to "see his sick mother" would have built a complete teaching hospital in the beleagured north eastern state of Maiduguri. This signed statement from Ibrahim Magu is corruption as its most brazen. Did Magu the illiterate that can barely write even write that word "preposterous" himself? Or did Fake Pastor Fake Professor Vice President Yemi Osinbajo write it for him as usual?.... Good thing Magu signed it, and ostensibly made it without any duress, fully admissible in any competent court of law. One can only wonder how Magu can boldfacedly accept a Transparency International/Global Witness invitation to speak on anti-corruption in UK while mired neck-deep in bureaucratic corruption! Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose. Disgusting.

This makes no sense. Next
Re: MAGU FIGHTS BACK: Intensifies Probe Of Senators, Ex-govs by Nobody: 6:53am On Mar 19, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

RECOMMENDED : wash your brain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'I Am Enamored By Yoruba Culture': Reno Omokri Recreates Obasanjo's 1977 Outfit / Buhari Appoints Ahmed Idris As AGF / Buhari Appoints Kari Commissioner For Insurance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.