Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,041 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... (73183 Views)

Time To Divorce My Wife? / My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice / Man Fakes His Career For 14 Years To Wife, Goes To Another Woman's House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by shevy45(m): 3:54pm On Mar 24, 2017
This Lilmax na devil incarnate
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 24, 2017
Simple, invite her parents and table her matter before them. she'll behave
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Charly68: 3:54pm On Mar 24, 2017
Wait for me to ask you some questions:
1) Have you or did you ever play pranks on your dad or uncle before ?
2) Did you ever inflated your school fees ,cost of books or foodstuff or other consumables before ?
3) Were you ever caught by your Dad,Mom or brothers or Uncles before playing pranks ?
4) If your own daughter play a fast game like this on you will you disown her or discipline her or correct her in love ?
Your answer to these questions should provide solution to what you should do in this case.
- Women can be stubborn & smart at the same time.. The day you married her no matter the age difference you have married your age mate,your first daughter & at the same time a mother . Now you need wisdom to manage her & dwell with her.
- You don't need to behave as if you have constitute yourself to a monitoring agent in her life.
- Let her know how you feel & open up to her in real sense and talk things out.
- Posibly you are a complaining type of husband and she did not want to bother you that she needs more cash.
- With lots of love & wisdom things will be sorted out amicably . Peace in your home in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by alaskido(m): 3:55pm On Mar 24, 2017
I see you really love your wife but you have married the wrong woman. My advice to you is to sit her down and talk to her. I hope she knows how much you earn. I wish you luck. This is what my wife did to me and today she has been fired. She duped me N4m and used it to build a house in her village for her father and mother without my knowledge. I only got to know through a relation of hers who did not like what she was doing or maybe they fell apart.

2 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Intra: 3:55pm On Mar 24, 2017
softwerk:
Now that's a real man talking!

Any room for wifey No 2 embarassed

Loool, I'm not ready to meet my maker, and I don't think you are too, right? grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by OTEGA1: 3:56pm On Mar 24, 2017
Unfortunately u have enter one chance and bus don dey highway, u have started wat u cannot finish

U think that been good will make woman to like u

Even if y scarifce ur head on the plate the lady eye big pass ur own.

Now but on the bad guy and take charge give her 3 months without allowance and c how she behaves.

If the character no change stop eating her food and no sex.

Do this thing and thank me later I have pass through this stage b4 wen I brought out the real man in me after d gentle man in me was taken for granted.

There is peace now.

Never show a lady u live her and can't do without her once u do DAT u will be heavily dissapointed.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by amliftedhigher: 3:57pm On Mar 24, 2017
That is why I can not marry a student. Bro prepare for the worst. I hope she is not feeding her course REP with her monthly salary

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by ednut1(m): 3:57pm On Mar 24, 2017
dragonking3:
So you can't pay your wife 30k monthly salary abi? grin
i would rather commit suicide dan marry a brokeass/liability na grin grin. ever wondered y women live longer, cos dem do use wahala kill man finish

2 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by dragonking3: 3:58pm On Mar 24, 2017
Intra:

If he loses his job and he has not been wise enough to have an alternative stream of income before this happens, then he won't even be able to continue being the breadwinner of his family so there is nothing for him to do but to work on getting back to being the breadwinner....(note the phrase 'Beg, Steal or Borrow' in my response?)
Good, that's what you should advice him. You are earning far more than him, so it will be very difficult for him to carry out the exact same thing you did. Now, he pays his wife 30k, pay tithes of 17k, pays for feeding, school fees, baby food/items and general upkeep. Once you calculate the cost, over a 120k is already gone. How can he cope now when the wife is demanding for more by inflating the price by 100%?

Sorry for my questions as you said that you don't post on NL. I just love an intellectual conversation
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by OTEGA1: 3:59pm On Mar 24, 2017
alaskido:
I see you really love your wife but you have married the wrong woman. My advice to you is to sit her down and talk to her. I hope she knows how much you earn. I wish you luck. This is what my wife did to me and today she has been fired. She duped me N4m and used it to build a house in her village for her father and mother without my knowledge. I only got to know through a relation of hers who did not like what she was doing or maybe they fell apart.

I like ur style. U are man of action like me.Ladies need iron hand.After marriage u go c real lady character dey pretend a lot.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by dragonking3: 4:00pm On Mar 24, 2017
ednut1:
i would rather commit suicide dan marry a brokeass/liability na grin grin. ever wondered y women live longer, cos dem do use wahala kill man finish
lol
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Kylekent59: 4:03pm On Mar 24, 2017
HARDDON:
Ehmmmm op, how did u arrive @ that 17.2%?

Any mathematical formular applied? cheesy
17.2/100 multiply by 175k=30,100
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Intra: 4:03pm On Mar 24, 2017
dragonking3:
Good, that's what you should advice him. You are earning far more than him, so it will be very difficult for him to carry out the exact same thing you did. Now, he pays his wife 30k, pay tithes of 17k, pays for feeding, school fees, baby food and general upkeep. Once you calculate the cost, over a 120k is already gone. How can he cope now when the wife is demanding for more by inflating the price by 100%?

Sorry for my questions as you said that you don't post on NL. I just love an intellectual conversation

I understand your point, but the underlying principle I was advocating was for him to sit her down, agree on a monthly budget with her (within his means of course) and then hands off the details. That will make her a lil bit more responsible and prudent.

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by shumuel(m): 4:03pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

But the money she added is just too much 22,700 - 11,500 = 11,200 naira

Kikiki Lol grin Op i like you a lot because of the way you kept on mentioning that 17.2% grin

Now, let me start by telling you that your marriage would not break in Jesus name (Amen) but there are things you'll have to do.

1. Women inflating prices of goods bought for the home has been in practise for very long, infact at the age of 5 i caught my mum doing the same thing and she made me promise her that i wont tell my dad, so Op let it go and forgive her.

2. You make it sound more like a salary instead as a gift, so change the approch, give her the 17.2% grin as a gift and a show of your love rather than her due for meeting her duties.

3. I will rather you set up a business for her which she would run and earn something from.

4. Point 3 above will also make her more busy and not allow her have time for guys in her department, trust me have meet a lot of ladies who wished they weren't married, so they could date me, and for a lady who is still schooling there is more than 50% of guys flocking around her or she falling for someone.

5. Spend time with her, ask her what she wish for; her goals, her dreams, her hopes, her fear, her wishes,, this would help you know why she was rude to you.

6. Give her good loving, there is nothing that would make a lady happy like a good sexx.

7. Sitting at home doing nothing could make a lady mad, so don't blame her when she misbehaves, it gets borring at times.

8. Take her out, buy her things and also assit her in the chores, yes, i mean it, do the dishes or laundry sometimes.

9. Make her contribute something to the upkeep of the family, let her take/make some financial resposibilities too,, she is your wife not a nanny or your house maid, so stop treating her as such.

10. Try gisting with her when you get back from work, play indoor with her, let her know you love her,, and please do nnot complain if she left some of her duties undone, rather do it and let her know you did it,,, and Yes Love, show her love, hug her biko, kill that rude anger of hers with Love grin .
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by vislabraye(m): 4:03pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:
Dear reasonable people on Nairaland, please I need your advise

My wife whom I love so much and also loves me too is entitled to 17.2% of my monthly income, my salary is 175kpm and she take 17.2% of this amount, yet she feels very uncomfortable with it

I pay the bills, buy food stuff every month and take care of our little baby girl

My baby girl does not take any local food, she takes only fresogold, tea and pap, the cost of fresogold is very high and she can consume 4tins in a month

My wife isn't not working yet she is still schooling and I pay all her fees,

I've never complaint of my duty as the head of the family yet she still feels unsatisfied with the 17.2% I give to her

Her primary duty in the house is to take care of our baby and prepare my dinner every week days and both break fast and dinner during the weekend

Recently I told her to take our baby to the hospital for treatment, our total bill was 11,500 naira but my wife suprisinly told me that the hospital bill is 22,700 naira which I immediately wired to her account

So I called the hospital to make inquiries about the exorbitant bill then I got to know that my wife inflated the hospital bill to 22,700 naira

I confronted her and she spoke to me very rudly I was not happy about this, I kept quite and didn't say anything about it again

I am thinking I should penalize her for her rude behaviour and the dishonesty she has melted on me

Will it be advisable not to pay her her monthly salary for two months ?

Will this correct her brain to default and what would possibly be the implication of doing this ?

She has not apologised and she has not seen anything wrong so far in what she has done

When you marry someone who isn't just working, but a student, you will have to bear plenty expenses. Marriage requires a lot of finance. Since the whole bill is on your head, you won't find it easy.
30k a month is quite much considering how much you earn, but it may not be enough cos she would need to buy clothes, shoes, transport, air time, course materials. That's why it's good to marry a wwoman that's working.
As it is now, you need to be firm and tell her to cut her clothes according to her cloth.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Funkybabee(f): 4:04pm On Mar 24, 2017
bro 30k is a small money nah lol!!!!!u just think after u paid this and that she shouldn't have her own expenses also.u know nah try to understand before she will do her hair, buying cloth for herself ,sending money to parents.maybe she may have her own juniors ones. it's won't be easy for her as far u said she is a students just bear with her until she finish her school and start to work till then I will know what to say

sorry for her rude behavior, u know we woman have kamaly sometimes maybe she ain't her mood then. just ur post makes me laugh!!!she got a good husband
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by pek(m): 4:04pm On Mar 24, 2017
When I was an undergraduate, I witnessed a very disturbing scenario. A man drove his wife to the university bookshop. She was a student and had come to buy a book. She had told the husband the book was #150. As the husband was waiting for the wife, another lady came out from the bookshop who the man knows. Coincidentally, the lady was with the sane book the man's wife went to buy. Innocently, the man asked her the price and she said #80. When the wife came back, he again asked of the price and she said. #150. The man drove her home. That was the end of her schooling! According to the man, he had never denied her of anything. Why then will she lie and cheat him.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by micxwell(m): 4:05pm On Mar 24, 2017
zaynie:

Even to buy drugs, I add money and dispose receipts. The day my husband found out our brand of cough syrup isn't up to 1000, he came home and started hailing me.

Lol, exactly what I think should happen when there is true understanding. grin

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by chigoziem10(f): 4:05pm On Mar 24, 2017
Bros sorry to tell you but you are still single. That lady is not your wife.
But if you think she is, try what you want to do now and see if she won't pack out of your house.
Someone is beating the drum outside for her. #my_opinion_though
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by udumosam23(m): 4:06pm On Mar 24, 2017
nnamdibig:
The first step in solving this problem is to know what she is doing with the money you are giving her(since you buy foods, pay every other bill).
Any wife that wants to help her hubby(who earns 175kpm) should know that you guys should save at least 100k from that money but the way she is going, she is not even interested in that.
And for person say every woman adds money, there are extent you can do such not double of the amount. It's very wrong just deduction from her next allowance simple. Things are expensive now.

I do not agree with you sir. Why are you all so selfish. Why not he try been accountable with the remaining?

Here is a man who receives more than 170 in a month. Gives his wife 30K and spends let's say 50-70k if it's even up to on other house items.

What does he do with the rest? Until you learn to be accountable to your wife, she'll continue to feel insecure and suspecius of you.

You have rights to spend your money the way you like no doubt, but just explain to her how, it is her rights.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by dragonking3: 4:06pm On Mar 24, 2017
Intra:

I understand your point, but the underlying principle I was advocating was for him to sit her down, agree on a monthly budget with her (within his means of course) and then hands off the details. That will make her a lil bit more responsible and prudent.
Supported. I just pray for him though because his wife is still a student and we know how female students wanna show off to fellow ladies. It is well.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Intra: 4:10pm On Mar 24, 2017
dragonking3:
Supported. I just pray for him though because his wife is still a student and we know how female students wanna show off to fellow ladies. It is well.

Yeah, yeah....

but some of the comments here tho'.....Unbelievable!
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by GMan650(m): 4:12pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

She isn't cheating on me and my marriage will not break IJN

I don't really like contributing to matters like this cos I ain't married but OP u seem like a nice person so lemme give u my opinion on the matter.

Ignore those saying 'your marriage will crash', the fate of your marriage is in your HANDS. You know your wife more than anyone here, so bringing the topic here won't help cos you'll get advice from people of broken homes and the likes. So bringing your marital issue to social media is not so good.

You're the MAN in your marriage so you should be able to come up with decisions you think will mend the cracks in your marriage; I believed you dated your wife b4 marrying her so you shld be able to know some of the things she's capable of doing. Call her and discuss with her in a REASONABLE manner that will not bring arguments or controversy and try to let her know where your shoe is itching you(she's your wife for God's sake). Pray very well before going to discuss with her and I believe God will put you through.

Lastly, make sure you pray together as a family cos a family that prays together grows together. With the help of God, your marriage will not crash...... this I pray.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by dragonking3: 4:12pm On Mar 24, 2017
Intra:

Yeah, yeah....

but some of the comments here tho'.....Unbelievable!
Thats social media for you. cheesy
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by HornyTiwa(f): 4:18pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

She isn't cheating on me and my marriage will not break IJN
That is what you get when you bring your relationship issue to nairaland instead of talking about it with your wife or even her close relative,those that doesn't know how you started will break it for you. That said,what your wife did is very bad,explain tour displeasure to her,if she is a reasonable person she will apologize,always try and talk with your wife calmly not like a master,because if it was me you address rudely I will reply you rudely too even if I'm at fault.

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Nobody: 4:19pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

30,100 / 175,000 x 100% = 17.2% I add 2.5% increment to my wifes salary every Dec

Is this a marriage or a merger
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by wristbangle: 4:22pm On Mar 24, 2017
Quite painful I saw this late. However, I can't start blaming you for marrying a jobless wife and this is a lesson for single guys not to marry a lady who is not financially independent. She can be a student yet independent and a graduate yet dependent.

My advice for you OP is to maintain whatever you are doing to her financially but your discipline on her should stem from moral or pshycological aspect which will reset her brain promptly.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 24, 2017
Dyt:

Oga judge
Keep it up

Lol. No judging here. Because u already did by stealing from ur partner. All u broke women should go and work to earn ur respect. There can never be equality where there is no reciprocity. Gender equality no be for mouth. Respect is earned not taken

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by pirees: 4:23pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

30,100 / 175,000 x 100% = 17.2%
I add 2.5% increment to my wifes salary every Dec
oga no vex ooo where do you work?
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by micxwell(m): 4:23pm On Mar 24, 2017
Dyt:

Why you mad Oga?

Be following your woman to every place if she demands money from you
All cos you don't want her add money

I do it
And I will say it over and over

Is it not you men?
We will ask for 100, you give 50 when we need 100
So it's better we ask of 300
So if you give 200
We will have extra

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lol grin grin
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Warrior07(m): 4:25pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

30,100 / 175,000 x 100% = 17.2%
I add 2.5% increment to my wifes salary every Dec
grin grin cheesy
Why am I laughing sef.

The Lord is your strength bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law / He Is Your Son, But I Am Not Going For Any DNA Test. Wife Tells Husband(video) / Wife Storms Church, Scatters Husband's Wedding To Another Lady (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.