Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... (73202 Views)

Time To Divorce My Wife? / My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice / Man Fakes His Career For 14 Years To Wife, Goes To Another Woman's House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by jamesbridget13(f): 11:39pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

She isn't cheating on me and my marriage will not break IJN
I like dat op tell them. Prophet of doom every where

Back to issue. Have a heart to heart talk with ur wife n let her know she did wrong, very wrong. I can never try such. The money u are giving to her is over enough for her for crying out loud. She just has to apologize. If she is adamant, let her be. Her conscience will do d work
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by MisterKings(m): 11:57pm On Mar 24, 2017
You obviously did not marry a virtuous woman. This one can pack her load and go the day u turn broke.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Shygirl1989(f): 12:51am On Mar 25, 2017
Zoharariel:
Cut her monthly salary from 17.2% to 5% for the rest of the year. And that is because of your baby, otherwise I would have suggested you cut it to 0% and chase her out with a broomstick around 2AM in the middle of the night.

Women of nowadays are brain-dead ingrates.
Say hi to your mum,sister and female relations
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Sierusvirus(m): 12:53am On Mar 25, 2017
She is not to be trust. Reduce the money you do give to her and monitor her movement, u might be disappointed by trusting she ain't cheating on you.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by naturefellow(m): 12:55am On Mar 25, 2017
skypeme:

But the money she added is just too much 22,700 - 11,500 = 11,200 naira
Gbi gba. Life of students grin
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Freestainworld(m): 1:25am On Mar 25, 2017
my dear friend, normally most wives likes to behave like that, I will say it is a women thing. just thread carefully.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Presh555(m): 1:26am On Mar 25, 2017
skypeme:

30,100 / 175,000 x 100% = 17.2%
I add 2.5% increment to my wifes salary every Dec
She is very ungrateful. Some person's SALARY is not up to that amount.

I would suggest you sit her down and talk calmly to find out what is her reasons for acting the way she did. Does she want the family to succeed or she wants to pull it down?

I would also suggest you make her work for her money, like getting a job for her even if it's part-time, that way she will truly value whatever you give to her.

And lastly if all of the above didn't work, pray for her and then involve someone she fears and respect to talk to her.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by tomdon(m): 4:24am On Mar 25, 2017
skypeme:
Dear reasonable people on Nairaland, please I need your advise

My wife whom I love so much and also loves me too is entitled to 17.2% of my monthly income, my salary is 175kpm and she take 17.2% of this amount, yet she feels very uncomfortable with it

I pay the bills, buy food stuff every month and take care of our little baby girl

My baby girl does not take any local food, she takes only fresogold, tea and pap, the cost of fresogold is very high and she can consume 4tins in a month

My wife isn't not working yet she is still schooling and I pay all her fees,

I've never complaint of my duty as the head of the family yet she still feels unsatisfied with the 17.2% I give to her

Her primary duty in the house is to take care of our baby and prepare my dinner every week days and both break fast and dinner during the weekend

Recently I told her to take our baby to the hospital for treatment, our total bill was 11,500 naira but my wife suprisinly told me that the hospital bill is 22,700 naira which I immediately wired to her account

So I called the hospital to make inquiries about the exorbitant bill then I got to know that my wife inflated the hospital bill to 22,700 naira

I confronted her and she spoke to me very rudly I was not happy about this, I kept quite and didn't say anything about it again

I am thinking I should penalize her for her rude behaviour and the dishonesty she has melted on me

Will it be advisable not to pay her her monthly salary for two months ?

Will this correct her brain to default and what would possibly be the implication of doing this ?

She has not apologised and she has not seen anything wrong so far in what she has done

So 22k for your family is what is giving you so much emotions??
You're worse than your wife go and read your bible able man providing for family
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by lonelydora: 4:52am On Mar 25, 2017
NoToPile:

You are making it sound like its an employee employer stuff, December bonus abi issorait cheesy

It's called 13th month. Lol
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Rilwan20(m): 6:32am On Mar 25, 2017
dragonking3:
And imams too are guilty of stealing tithes. They are both the same
That's where you get it wrong, Muslims don't pay tithe and even if they'd pay any form of alms or offering, it's strictly on the payer volition not being compel or induce using scriptural quotes. By the way they should choose T.B Joshua path at least in fund collection.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by pressplay411(m): 6:47am On Mar 25, 2017
sasko:

Is it possible to love someone you don't trust

it's dishonest to forge or inflate prices in order to drain your hubby

If your husband can't trust you who would then trust you

Our mothers did the same thing. It's not necessarily trust issues. It's called Womanhood. grin
Her rudeness though, terrible defense mechanism.
Instead of the sanction matrix sir, kindly issue her query first, explaining under 48 hours her gross indiscipline and act of insubordination and why disciplinary measures shouldn't be taken against her.

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by ugooo88(m): 6:50am On Mar 25, 2017
kimbra:
Why are some of the guys on this thread making a mountain out of a molehill?.

Most men whose wives are stay at home mothers get monthly stipends which is for their upkeep. Some women inflate prices of things to their husbands as a means to add more money to their wallets, for some men they find out and don't care cos they understand the rationale behind it. As for her rude attitude it's bad and is what should bother you most. Not her inflation of hospital bills. Would you let N11,200 cost you your marriage?.

I'm surprised most of you are comfortable with dishonesty.
it's normal to inflate bills? your husband/wife o. I thought marriage is a we we something. if you need more ask nicely,....please? and say why you do need more. just talking things honestly will save many marriages.

I'm not sure how I'll take my PARTNER cheating me out of stuff cry
kimbra:

Most men whose wives are stay at home mothers get monthly stipends which is for their upkeep. Some women inflate prices of things to their husbands as a means to add more money to their wallets, for some men they find out and don't care cos they understand the rationale behind it. As for her rude attitude it's bad and is what should bother you most. Not her inflation of hospital bills. Would you let N11,200 cost you your marriage?.

I'm surprised most of you are comfortable with dishonesty.
it's normal to inflate bills? your husband/wife o. I thought marriage is a we we something. if you need more ask nicely,....please? and say why you do need more. just talking things honestly will save many marriages.

I'm not sure how I'll take my PARTNER cheating me out of stuff
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by derato: 7:24am On Mar 25, 2017
skypeme:

why did u even bring dis issue to Nairaland,so u expect to get positive response abi,don't just pray n sort out ur marital issues urself,continue bringing dem here.,instead of sitting ur wife down to ask questions u bought matters of d heart to Nairaland.continue
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by toye440: 7:34am On Mar 25, 2017
Chai one chance oooooo eao eao eao, tor there's God.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by natureboy2(m): 7:51am On Mar 25, 2017
lilmax:
a liar and being disrespectful

Because she is greedy, selfish, self-centred, disrespectful, lacks wisdom, not supportive, confused, etc..
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by realvenc: 8:04am On Mar 25, 2017
Don't ever say this bro... Unless of course you no longer believe in your marriage which from your earlier posts I think you still do.

What your wife did is not good but do not turn it into an act of war or show of strength by denying her of any support as it is your responsibility.
You have the arsenal, physical and financial strenght plus intelligence to win so nothing to prove or gain.

For a solution in an issue like this, call your wife and talk to her as you would to your paddy wey fall your hand. Let her know what she did was wrong and not in your principle.......Don't scold her as you would a kid. She is your partner not your subordinate.

In marriage it is all in your hands to either scatter or mend. Gain respect or lose it as things unfold because humans are never perfect.

skypeme:
I think I made a mistake getting married to someone who is still schooling, I should have married a working class lady
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by sucobaba(m): 8:09am On Mar 25, 2017
NoToPile:

You are making it sound like its an employee employer stuff, December bonus abi issorait cheesy

13th month bonus lol
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by realvenc: 8:23am On Mar 25, 2017
He claimed he called the hospital to complain about the bill and not because of distrust for the wife...

That, I believe is normal..

gbishman:
You are stupid man my friend, why would you not trust the wife you married.
You calling the hospital was quite petty.
Grow up dude.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Nobody: 8:37am On Mar 25, 2017
skypeme:

What that dude said is reality. Forget Jesus name thing here. If she didn't apologize till now it's a sign she is arrogant and arrogant people do arrogant things. If you are not playful then this is time to pray ceaselessly for Jesus to change her.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by realvenc: 8:48am On Mar 25, 2017
The submission in your last paragraph was deduced from just this single incident or you know this couple before now.
Na wa

aribisala0:
If your so called IJN is that effective why don't you take this to him if indeed you are a Christian and not a hypocrite? Why bring it to social media. You think uttering IJN is a magic formula like abracadabra? If you do not immunize your child against polio and go about shouting IJN ,What is that? It is fooolishness.

Your life is a reflection of your inner person. Whether your marriage breaks or survives depends on the two of you and not your superstitious invoking of meaningless and countless IJN.

Clearly the one think people like you hate to do is to THINK. Because if you can think you will know that your marriage crashed a long time ago that is if it ever took off. When you "wife" can lie to you about hospital bill for your child and when asked "responds rudely" then you need to realise that you have no marriage. Such a person can and will kill you. I suspect however that this whole story is just attention seeking fiction
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Atk1nson(m): 9:52am On Mar 25, 2017
Praktikals:
Are you married yet?
Not yet, why?
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by aribisala0(m): 9:57am On Mar 25, 2017
realvenc:
The submission in your last paragraph was deduced from just this single incident or you know this couple before now.
Na wa

Are you literate at all or you just choose to open your mouth and start spitting in the air forr no reason. What couple? I suspect the story is a fiction and that is what I said .If you don't like it look for something hard like a mortar and knock your head against it till you see coconut water then drink some
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by realvenc: 10:23am On Mar 25, 2017
In your third paragraph you made a clear submission based on the write up. Which is what I asked you how you came about it. And instead of a logical explanation you fly into an insulting rage like a hot headed kid.

Does not matter what you claim you suspect... Even your first and second paragraphs all made direct criticism of the OP for his IJN...If not backed by action... Which I felt was a good point.

aribisala0:
Are you literate at all or you just choose to open your mouth and start spitting in the air forr no reason. What couple? I suspect the story is a fiction and that is what I said .If you don't like it look for something hard like a mortar and knock your head against it till you see coconut water then drink some
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by aribisala0(m): 10:37am On Mar 25, 2017
realvenc:
In your third paragraph you made a clear submission based on the write up. Which is what I asked you how you came about it. And instead of a logical explanation you fly into an insulting rage like a hot headed kid.

Does not matter what you claim you suspect... Even your first and second paragraphs all made direct criticism of the OP for his IJN...If not backed by action... Which I felt was a good point.

You are illiterate. What I suspect was the conclusion of my post. It is my opinion and you don't have to like it . I did not invite your reaction. If you do not like it go and lie in the middle of the road
Go and play with your coevals and stop forming intellectual. You are empty
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Narldon: 11:26am On Mar 25, 2017
My only problem is the 17.2%

where did you get the point two?
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Jman06(m): 12:15pm On Mar 25, 2017
Billyonaire:

It is a wake up call. If I pity him and castigate his wife, he will be empowered to be comfortable in his capacity, What I did with that message is to wake him up. Private jet was manufactured for human being. Unfortunately for himself, he is a human being. People on this forum should dream big, am not interested in those who wait for sky daddy to give them daily chin chin, sorry bread. There is no sky daddy.
Only a few people, i mean a very few can afford to buy private jets. Nigerians need to be encouraged to live within their means,otherwise corruption will continue to thrive.

Private jets and other such luxuries are for certain class of people who have utilized their talents to make wealth for themselves.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Sampunk(m): 1:03pm On Mar 25, 2017
skypeme:

Oga you too lik abreviating words..... Nawao...
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by pally123: 1:24pm On Mar 25, 2017
Believe me, she's not your wife bro. No wife will do that. Don't be surprised she's sending some money to someone else
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 25, 2017
Jman06:
Only a few people, i mean a very few can afford to buy private jets. Nigerians need to be encouraged to live within their means,otherwise corruption will continue to thrive.

Private jets and other such luxuries are for certain class of people who have utilized their talents to make wealth for themselves.
Allow him to make the decision to be poor or to be complacent in nothing. If you choose to be complacent with so little, then dont discourage others who are pushed by my draconian motivations, it works for me, it can work others.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by jabojafa(m): 1:50pm On Mar 25, 2017
kimbra:

am in support of payin ur wife whether is working or not but a wife dt can infiates hospital bill to d tune of
#11200 den every oda tins in life life are all infiated period. For her own pikin again she dey put price, abeg dt is corruption. I wonder if u wud b happy ur driver u sent on an errand infiated d prices of d items u sent him. Honestly matters in marriage no mata how small d moni is.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by jabojafa(m): 1:51pm On Mar 25, 2017
skypeme:

30,100 / 175,000 x 100% = 17.2%
I add 2.5% increment to my wifes salary every Dec
op hope say u dey pay tithe oooh if not devourers will continue to devour ur finances.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

He Is Your Son, But I Am Not Going For Any DNA Test. Wife Tells Husband(video) / Wife Storms Church, Scatters Husband's Wedding To Another Lady (Pictures) / Why We Cheat On Our Husbands - Nigerian Women Open Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.