Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

The Mother Of The Medical Doctor Who Committed Suicide Yesterday At The Scene - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Mother Of The Medical Doctor Who Committed Suicide Yesterday At The Scene (78715 Views)

See The Girl Who Committed Suicide Yesterday, Aisha Abdulganiyu / Boyfriend Of Delta 15-Year-Old Girl Who Committed Suicide Over Heartbreak Reacts / The Man Who Committed Suicide At FESTAC Bridge Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Mother Of The Medical Doctor Who Committed Suicide Yesterday At The Scene by ideologies(m): 12:40pm On Mar 20, 2017
guy chill, The guy was a medical doctor, Cowards don't study Medicine ...

All he needed was someone to talk to ...
LilChamp:
Only Cowards run away from the challenges of life & commits suicide.

Pity the mum though.
The song that comes to my mind right now: (aiye le o, ibosi o, aiye dorikodo komayemi mo..)

3 Likes

Re: The Mother Of The Medical Doctor Who Committed Suicide Yesterday At The Scene by iamdynamite(m): 12:40pm On Mar 20, 2017
i just pity the mother,losing a child in such a tragic manner.no matter what you going through the last thing that should come up to your mind is suicide.when there is life there is hope.
Re: The Mother Of The Medical Doctor Who Committed Suicide Yesterday At The Scene by Lexusgs430: 12:40pm On Mar 20, 2017
Olalekanbanky1:
My fellow Nigerians, abeg help us beg fayose not to divert the forthcoming Paris fund to capital projects as usual o. Help us beg him to pls pay we civil servants and pensioners.

Again, help us beg him to renounce his new policy against the filling stations in Ekiti. As I'm writing dis, no single filling station is open in Ekiti State... We all know wot it means to we commuters and private car owners.

Na beg o... Make una help us beg him. Expecially those of u that chose him as mentor , godfather and messiah.

Thanks

He might increase his pocket money to his people to N600.00 and possibly also dash a bigger sack of rice + oil + pepper + pot (you know una osokomole irumole ton je fried rice, loves stomach infrastructure ........

2 Likes

Re: The Mother Of The Medical Doctor Who Committed Suicide Yesterday At The Scene by anonimi: 12:41pm On Mar 20, 2017
Does anyone have the NAME of the doctor

1 Like

Re: The Mother Of The Medical Doctor Who Committed Suicide Yesterday At The Scene by ajalawole(m): 12:41pm On Mar 20, 2017
something fishy. Why wearing black skirt, there is some secret untold btw the son and the mum?
Re: The Mother Of The Medical Doctor Who Committed Suicide Yesterday At The Scene by VickyRotex(f): 12:45pm On Mar 20, 2017
LilChamp:

Pity the mum though.
The song that comes to my mind right now: (aiye le o, ibosi o, aiye dorikodo komayemi mo..)

Ibo la nlo eniyan, osu ni e. Ibi ta ba magba o, ko ye eniyan. cry
Re: The Mother Of The Medical Doctor Who Committed Suicide Yesterday At The Scene by Icaretoo: 12:46pm On Mar 20, 2017
sometimes just sometime that feeling creep in, even though we always throw it off our mind however
keeping faith, holding on and pushing forward is all I can do and am doing

pls the feeling that creeps in is not suicide ooo but that's how it starts

lord have mercy and pick my call

2 Likes

Re: The Mother Of The Medical Doctor Who Committed Suicide Yesterday At The Scene by juman(m): 12:48pm On Mar 20, 2017
The doctor died of APC caused depression.

God knows how many more people would die of apc imposed depression.

The recession thing.

2 Likes

Re: The Mother Of The Medical Doctor Who Committed Suicide Yesterday At The Scene by anonimi: 12:49pm On Mar 20, 2017
Olalekanbanky1:
My fellow Nigerians, abeg help us beg fayose not to divert the forthcoming Paris fund to capital projects as usual o. Help us beg him to pls pay we civil servants and pensioners.

Again, help us beg him to renounce his new policy against the filling stations in Ekiti. As I'm writing dis, no single filling station is open in Ekiti State... We all know wot it means to we commuters and private car owners.

Na beg o... Make una help us beg him. Expecially those of u that chose him as mentor , godfather and messiah.

Thanks

When you catch a mobile phone thief, do you beg her/him to please return your phone?
I doubt.
Most likely you strip them naked and flog them like crazy.
Why should you beg the public servant whom you employed with your votes to discharge his basic responsibility to workers and pensioners who ensure common services are provided in the state
What can be wrong with us?
Why are we so mentally lazy and daft? shocked

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2174510_nigeriansmobmentality_jpegd710c25fa577a4f0fb35da579ff1eb3d

jonhemma11:
According to an online user who shared the story,the car thief pictured below was caught trying to steal a car along Ogunsanya Street, Surulere, Lagos.He was stripped off the charms he was wearing after which he lost the ability to move.

See gobe na!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5012368_20170316212253_jpeg7303a4f739b86e52e6826791623fd599

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/03/car-thief-loses-ability-to-walk-after.html?m=1

CeoNewshelm:
This is not strange but when young men in rural areas are caught in this act, they are often beaten and disgraced to serve as deterrent to others...

This photos were shared on twitter by a user who was rather concerned about the way people pounced culprit.

Here are photos:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4659582_cymera20161226162703_jpegfe2eed455f4b0a5ab46eb3250dfd47d0

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/photos-christmas-chicken-thief-beaten.html

2 Likes

Re: The Mother Of The Medical Doctor Who Committed Suicide Yesterday At The Scene by Notatribalist(m): 12:50pm On Mar 20, 2017
Ruq:

Just Shut it, you know not what depression is. fuckin shut it brave one.
they really don't know what depression is,I have been living with it for the past 9years,the most painful part is no one understands how I feel.I HV really thought of suicide as the only way to end the suffering. Anyway God dey.

2 Likes

Re: The Mother Of The Medical Doctor Who Committed Suicide Yesterday At The Scene by AngelicBeing: 12:51pm On Mar 20, 2017
alignacademy:
Odd how the report had to stress "and she was pictured wearing a black skirt"...

Suicide has to be the height of self-rejection. Why would anyone want to end his life?
How much more someone who could afford a driver?

It does make one pause, though. And resolve to never give up regardless.

Peace
sad
Re: The Mother Of The Medical Doctor Who Committed Suicide Yesterday At The Scene by Nobody: 12:52pm On Mar 20, 2017
LilChamp:

Pity the mum though.

Depression does not work that way.

It is my opinion (I might be wrong,mind) that the guy was depressed for a long period of time. It is also my opinion that he lied to himself about his depression, or he refused to do anything about it so that he could be strong for everyone in his life....especially his patients (As a doctor, I have had patients express surprise at the fact that I can and do get sick.).

Problem is, when you deny you have a problem, you basically sweep it under the carpet, until it becomes a hefty burden that crushes you.

The guy was not a coward. Maybe he was not wise not to acknowledge his issues and seek hep, but coward? No.

3 Likes

Re: The Mother Of The Medical Doctor Who Committed Suicide Yesterday At The Scene by Jakama90(m): 12:52pm On Mar 20, 2017
Wetin the mother talk? Abi she no talk anything?... Abi she come there for you to take her picture and tell us what she dey wear.
Re: The Mother Of The Medical Doctor Who Committed Suicide Yesterday At The Scene by watered(m): 12:53pm On Mar 20, 2017
I still sense 'Severe Depression' and here is my findings "By 2020 depression will be the second cause of death and by 2030 it will be the #1 cause of death"
Re: The Mother Of The Medical Doctor Who Committed Suicide Yesterday At The Scene by ManTiger(m): 12:53pm On Mar 20, 2017
Our National Assembly is the reason why I can't commit any suicide.

Till now Dino and Saraki are free man
Re: The Mother Of The Medical Doctor Who Committed Suicide Yesterday At The Scene by Nobody: 12:54pm On Mar 20, 2017
Plasmbob1:
Are you actually praying or you want likes?

Thanks for your comment. The practice of begging for likes with someone's misery is pathetic and revolting.

Sad story. RIP to the Dr and may God grant the family the fortitude to bear the loss.

I see some people asking why the mother wore a black skirt as if she knows she would grieve... that's a dumb statement. Should she put on red?

I think snapping the picture of the mother is gross invasion of her privacy by the way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Mother Of The Medical Doctor Who Committed Suicide Yesterday At The Scene by Ehinmola(m): 12:56pm On Mar 20, 2017
What a tragic end. You have no right to take your own life, even the heaven condemned such act. Sucide is not the answer to problems
Re: The Mother Of The Medical Doctor Who Committed Suicide Yesterday At The Scene by Ruq: 12:58pm On Mar 20, 2017
Notatribalist:
they really don't know what depression is,I have been living with it for the past 9years,the most painful part is no one understands how I feel.I HV really thought of suicide as the only way to end the suffering. Anyway God dey.

I understand you bruv, stay strong, it always gets better, always.
Re: The Mother Of The Medical Doctor Who Committed Suicide Yesterday At The Scene by AngelicBeing: 1:01pm On Mar 20, 2017
[b]In a very shocking turn of events, a medical doctor, now identified as Allwell Oji, jumped into the Lagos lagoon on Sunday the 19th of March 2017 after he allegedly received a call.

The incident happened at 4:45pm on Third Mainland Bridge when the 35-year-old was on his way to Victoria Island where he was going to attend a Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN) meeting.

Oji, who left from his house at Abule Ijesha in Yaba, was said to have told his driver, Henry Ita, to park his Nissan Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) marked LND476EE at the Adeniji Adele end of the bridge on the excuse that he wanted to pee.

As he came down, the doctor was said to have climbed the bridge’s rail guide and jumped into the ocean.

[b]Oji is said to be a staff of the Isolo branch of Mt. (Mount) Sinai Hospital.A commercial bus passenger, who gave his name as Uche Magnus, said the doctor jumped into the ocean immediately after he came down from his vehicle.

Magnus said: “I saw everything clearly from where I sat in the commercial bus I was in. The man came down from his jeep and jumped into the water instantly. We all screamed and begged the commercial bus driver to stop. I saw the man when he jumped but nobody could identify the spot where he drowned in the ocean.”
In the ensuing confusion, Ita was said to have called Oji’s mother and pastor. Both arrived the scene some 30 minutes after. It was learnt that the sympathisers at scene called the Lagos Police emergency unit, which deployed Rapid Response Squad (RRS) riders and marine police to the scene.

When The Nation got to the scene at 5:30pm, the Divisional Police Officer (DPO), RRS Area Alpha Commander and Officer-in-Charge of Marine Police Team were coordinating rescue operation. The response team of the Lagos State Emergency Management Authority (LASEMA) was also at the scene.

At 5:50pm, Oji’s SUV and his driver were moved to the Adeniji Central Police Station.

When asked to explain how the incident happened, Ita, who was yet to come to terms with the incident, said could not utter a word as he was being led into the DPO’s office. He folded his arms and looked at the floor.

Oji’s mother was restless, as she was being consoled by the pastor. The pastor came out of the DPO’s office to pray beside Oji’s SUV. As he said the prayers, he moved round the vehicle with the hope that the rescue operation will bring the deceased back to life.

As at the time of this report, the body of the deceased is still being sought for.[/b][/b]

http://www.stelladimokokorkus.com/2017/03/doctor-who-jumped-into-lagos-lagoon.html
Re: The Mother Of The Medical Doctor Who Committed Suicide Yesterday At The Scene by Notatribalist(m): 1:08pm On Mar 20, 2017
Ruq:

I understand you bruv, stay strong, it always gets better, always.
thanx bro
Re: The Mother Of The Medical Doctor Who Committed Suicide Yesterday At The Scene by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 20, 2017
Olalekanbanky1:

Thanks
See sarcasm! Well he is my mentor. Do not worry. SUICIDE IS A ONE WAY TICKET TO ENDLESS SORROW.
Re: The Mother Of The Medical Doctor Who Committed Suicide Yesterday At The Scene by egbabiekperemo1: 1:16pm On Mar 20, 2017
Nigerians have never been known to commit suicide until this fulani ba*stard buhari came into power.... what a shame

1 Like

Re: The Mother Of The Medical Doctor Who Committed Suicide Yesterday At The Scene by petchi: 1:25pm On Mar 20, 2017
LilChamp:

Pity the mum though.
Please don't judge him.

1 Like

Re: The Mother Of The Medical Doctor Who Committed Suicide Yesterday At The Scene by oobinna: 1:28pm On Mar 20, 2017
"The mum was called to the scene, and she was pictured wearing black skirt". Hope my eyes are not deceiving me. I only see a yellow woman with brown shirt with a touch of back. Rest in pieces to the dead.
Re: The Mother Of The Medical Doctor Who Committed Suicide Yesterday At The Scene by AngelicBeing: 1:29pm On Mar 20, 2017
anonimi:
Does anyone have the NAME of the doctor
Check front-page sad
Re: The Mother Of The Medical Doctor Who Committed Suicide Yesterday At The Scene by Esepayne(f): 2:02pm On Mar 20, 2017
too bad
Re: The Mother Of The Medical Doctor Who Committed Suicide Yesterday At The Scene by princeemmma(m): 2:05pm On Mar 20, 2017
pain begat pain

Re: The Mother Of The Medical Doctor Who Committed Suicide Yesterday At The Scene by texazzpete(m): 2:06pm On Mar 20, 2017
NextGovernor:

Life isn't all about money my brother.

I once found myself in a situation where suicide was the best way to end up the whole chaos. Do you know what it takes when you are wrongly accuse of what you know nothing about with concrete evidence to back it up and everybody believes the accuser including your family and nobody believes you.

That doesn't seem like a reasonable excuse for suicide.
Re: The Mother Of The Medical Doctor Who Committed Suicide Yesterday At The Scene by tuscani: 2:08pm On Mar 20, 2017
[quote author=NextGovernor post=54768846]

Life isn't all about money my brother.

I once found myself in a situation where suicide was the best way to end up the whole chaos. Do you know what it takes when you are wrongly accuse of what you know nothing about with concrete evidence to back it up and everybody believes the accuser including your family and nobody believes you.

My brother if you see somethings in life you won't blame people committee suicide.

Life isn't all about money.[/quote you do not need to kill yourself yo prove a point.
Back to the issue of suicide, what I will subscribe to is that suicidal people are mentally not okay, so their thought processes are distorted, leafing to suicidal ideation and finally the suicidal act itself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is This "Juju," Tricks Or Black Magic? Can Someone Explain What Happened? / Fatimah: The Missing 200L NOUN Student Found Dead! (Graphic Photos) / Ogun Hotel Rooms With Hidden Cameras Uncovered (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.