Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,489 members, 7,819,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Century Power Begins 2000mw Power Plant Construction In Anambra - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Century Power Begins 2000mw Power Plant Construction In Anambra (18937 Views)

Fly Over And Road Construction In Epe, Lagos Ongoing (Photos) / Century Power To Complete 1,500mw Power Plant In 2020 / Century Power Begins 2000mw Power Plant Construction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Century Power Begins 2000mw Power Plant Construction In Anambra by darfay: 1:18pm On Mar 20, 2017
R
Re: Century Power Begins 2000mw Power Plant Construction In Anambra by signz: 1:19pm On Mar 20, 2017
Obijackson bu gini? HEAVY ONYE NKU.
Re: Century Power Begins 2000mw Power Plant Construction In Anambra by mrhansome12(m): 1:21pm On Mar 20, 2017
4Play:
"Plans to"... .playing on the short attention span of Nigerians. Come back when the project is actually completed.
Private project not a government one, one is already up and running in Aba, anything an Igbo man set out to do he will do it

7 Likes

Re: Century Power Begins 2000mw Power Plant Construction In Anambra by vincentjk(m): 1:21pm On Mar 20, 2017
Afonjas will be very sad

2 Likes

Re: Century Power Begins 2000mw Power Plant Construction In Anambra by baddosky1: 1:22pm On Mar 20, 2017
What is Anambration again? Is the OP and the Mod who pushed this to front-page ok at all?
Re: Century Power Begins 2000mw Power Plant Construction In Anambra by Kingsley1000(m): 1:25pm On Mar 20, 2017
can give the whole ss and se light constant
Re: Century Power Begins 2000mw Power Plant Construction In Anambra by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 20, 2017
greatnation2:
lalasticlala

The way I have seen lala's name today...be as if say dem go give someone free mb for calling his name.
Re: Century Power Begins 2000mw Power Plant Construction In Anambra by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 20, 2017
vincentjk:
Afonjas will be very sad

I doubt any tribe would be sad....

2000MW added to the grid is a blessing for all!

1 Like

Re: Century Power Begins 2000mw Power Plant Construction In Anambra by salt1: 1:26pm On Mar 20, 2017
DollarAngel:

Haters spotted, brown roof

No hater. I love Biafra even though I think a bigger Nigeria should be a better Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Century Power Begins 2000mw Power Plant Construction In Anambra by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 20, 2017
mrhansome12:
We igbos are great, the one in Aba and this one in Anambra all privately owned. Only Igbo people who don't wait for government to provide basic amenities before providing it for themselves. You can rant and hate for all you want but it will never take away the fact that we lead others follow.

Really and yet your lots shout "marginalisation"
Anyways its a nice one in Anambra.. God bless Anambra State
Re: Century Power Begins 2000mw Power Plant Construction In Anambra by DPsalmist2(m): 1:34pm On Mar 20, 2017
mrhansome12:
We igbos are great, the one in Aba and this one in Anambra all privately owned. Only Igbo people who don't wait for government to provide basic amenities before providing it for themselves. You can rant and hate for all you want but it will never take away the fact that we lead others follow.
Privately owned ? I'm very impressed.

1 Like

Re: Century Power Begins 2000mw Power Plant Construction In Anambra by greatnation2: 1:43pm On Mar 20, 2017
salt1:
What or where is Anambration?

Please could you just correct the topic?

Wonderful development in the land of the rising sun
Bro sorry I can't correct the error now on front page
Re: Century Power Begins 2000mw Power Plant Construction In Anambra by greatnation2: 1:45pm On Mar 20, 2017
DPsalmist2:

Privately owned ? I'm very impressed.
Nestoil and oilserv both are owned by Anambra dudes
Re: Century Power Begins 2000mw Power Plant Construction In Anambra by obailala(m): 1:48pm On Mar 20, 2017
greatnation2:
Century Power Limited, a subsidiary of the Obijackson Group, owners of Nestoil Limited, plans to start the construction of a-2000megawatts (Mw) thermal power plant in Anambra State, it was learnt.

The power plant, which will be sited at Okija in Anambra State, has been structured in such a way that the first phase, which will give an output of 465Mw and will commence operation in 2018.

Its Assistant General Manager (AGM), Group Business Development, Mr. Simeon Tor-Agbidye, told The Nation that the firm is tidying up arrangement for gas supply to the power plant from the East-West gas pipeline also known as the Obiafu/Obrikom – Oben (OB3) gas pipeline. The gas will be taken from the eastern part of the pipeline.

He also noted that a subsidiary of the Obijackson Group – Energy Works Technology Limited, is fabricating part of the topside facilities of Total’s Egina floating production, storage and offloading (FPSO) vessel.

He said: “A few weeks ago, we had a sail off for the Oil Loading Terminal (OLT) piles for the project. We sailed them off to South Korea where they will be integrated on the FPSO. We have finished that.

“We are at the final stages of completing K2s pipeline for Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC). The project is an engineering, procurement and Construction (EPC) contract for the 40km x 20 inches export pipeline to re-route Kolo Creek gas to Soku Gas Plant.

“We are also progressing smoothly with the OB3 pipeline. Obiafu/Obrikom–Oben is an EPC contract for the 64.5km x 48 inches gas pipeline project. We will soon complete that too. He explained that the scope of OB3 was actually split between Nestoil and Oilserv,” he said.

Tor-Agbidye said while Nestoil is coming from the West, Oilserv is coming from the East. He said: “One of the major achievements we have accomplished on this project is being able to surmount the challenges of the terrain. Coming from the West, we had some of the most difficult terrain crossing several rivers. We have crossed these rivers successfully with the innovative horizontal directional drilling (HDD) technology with our client, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC). Our subsidiary, NestHak HDD Limited is an expert in the technology and only company in Nigeria that has 100 per cent success in the job.”

“Few days ago we completed the crossing of the Ashe River, and currently we are looking to the crossing of the River Niger. We will drill under the River Niger and pull a pipe through so that it doesn’t lie on the water and constitute hazard to shipping and other users of the river. We will lay pipes under the River Niger. It is almost two kilometers. It looks small but the way it is done is not an easy feat.

Nice one!... Would have been nicer if this was a coal plant though; gas wahala in this country isn't encouraging at all and those idle coal mines need to be revived for people to feed.

Meanwhile if only the DISCOs can just do their freaking job properly, there would be a mad scramble by investors to build power plants across the federation. Power supply is a very lucrative business worldwide but conditions in Nigeria make it unattractive so everyone typically waits for the first person to bell the cat before others follow with a mad rush.

Kudos to Prof Nnaji for pioneering this, some useless litigations have delayed the take-off of Geometric Power but fortunately, I hear the legal issues have all been sorted out now and the plant would start operations next month. I'm sure when Nnaji begins to reap the billions, other investors would begin to lose sleep.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Century Power Begins 2000mw Power Plant Construction In Anambra by Perceptor(m): 1:56pm On Mar 20, 2017
DollarAngel:
We Lead others follow,
Delusion of a king kong d. j
Re: Century Power Begins 2000mw Power Plant Construction In Anambra by Ishilove: 2:04pm On Mar 20, 2017
Esigbo Anambration. LMAO!!!

1 Like

Re: Century Power Begins 2000mw Power Plant Construction In Anambra by Nobody: 2:06pm On Mar 20, 2017
Lemme not talk, that was how they told us they were building orient refinery in anambra, we still dey wait for orient refinery dem don add power plant join. I hope its tru sha. Its for everyones gud.

1 Like

Re: Century Power Begins 2000mw Power Plant Construction In Anambra by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 20, 2017
obailala:
Nice one!... Would have been nicer if this was a coal plant though; gas wahala in this country isn't encouraging at all and those idle coal mines need to be revived for people to feed.

Meanwhile if only the DISCOs can just do their freaking job properly, there would be a mad scramble by investors to build power plants across the federation. Power supply is a very lucrative business worldwide but conditions in Nigeria make it unattractive so everyone typically waits for the first person to bell the cat before others follow with a mad rush.

Kudos to Prof Nnaji for pioneering this, some useless litigations have delayed the take-off of Geometric Power but fortunately, I hear the legal issues have all been sorted out now and the plant would start operations next month. I'm sure when Nnaji begins to reap the billions, other investors would begin to lose sleep.

coal plant for 2017?
U well so?

1 Like

Re: Century Power Begins 2000mw Power Plant Construction In Anambra by vanunu: 2:12pm On Mar 20, 2017
Hai biafra
Re: Century Power Begins 2000mw Power Plant Construction In Anambra by nuelsylves(m): 2:13pm On Mar 20, 2017
4Play:
"Plans to"... .playing on the short attention span of Nigerians. Come back when the project is actually completed.

Did you even read all the article? Don't use see some of the already completed works? Go back and read it again, but this time slowly.

4 Likes

Re: Century Power Begins 2000mw Power Plant Construction In Anambra by obailala(m): 2:15pm On Mar 20, 2017
charliboy654:

coal plant for 2017?
U well so?
I am very very very well. Go educate yourself and quit living in the fake world which certain establishments have moulded in your mind. Besides, proper coal power plants is 1000 times cleaner that the current 15 million generators powering Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Century Power Begins 2000mw Power Plant Construction In Anambra by nuelsylves(m): 2:23pm On Mar 20, 2017
charliboy654:
Lemme not talk, that was how they told us they were building orient refinery in anambra, we still dey wait for orient refinery dem don add power plant join. I hope its tru sha. Its for everyones gud.

Mr. Man, Orient Refinery has been completed since 2012. You can see for yourself here: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/jonathan-commissions-orient-petroleum-refinery-in-anambra/

1 Like

Re: Century Power Begins 2000mw Power Plant Construction In Anambra by Kingsley1000(m): 2:50pm On Mar 20, 2017
Nigeria are producing 5000mw while anambra is producing 2000mw

2 Likes

Re: Century Power Begins 2000mw Power Plant Construction In Anambra by sainttwist1(m): 2:51pm On Mar 20, 2017
mrhansome12:
sorry sir
Re: Century Power Begins 2000mw Power Plant Construction In Anambra by Caseless: 2:57pm On Mar 20, 2017
From generation of power, the report switched to advertising nestoil. Besides, 400+mw is expected in 2018, when is the remaining 19k+mw coming up?
Re: Century Power Begins 2000mw Power Plant Construction In Anambra by ikdaddy01(m): 2:59pm On Mar 20, 2017
In Nigeria i havev reached de level where dz kind of news do not excite me no more.
For many ve come and gone silently.
I wait for de real deal
Re: Century Power Begins 2000mw Power Plant Construction In Anambra by Newmanluckyman(m): 3:29pm On Mar 20, 2017
... Great development. Step by step we shall get there.
Re: Century Power Begins 2000mw Power Plant Construction In Anambra by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 20, 2017
Anambra is still the undisputed best state in Zoogeria.
Anambra, the pride of Biafra! grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Century Power Begins 2000mw Power Plant Construction In Anambra by Abagworo(m): 4:57pm On Mar 20, 2017
Obi Jackson one of the Igbo men I call special in this generation. Ifeanyi Ubah, Uche Ogah and Godwin Maduka are the other 3.

3 Likes

Re: Century Power Begins 2000mw Power Plant Construction In Anambra by COMPAQ(m): 7:37pm On Mar 20, 2017
4Play:

Exactly what Nigeria companies do!! Zuma power "has been" building coal power plant in Enugu for 5 years, yet no one has ever shown a picture of their construction site! The only company that consistently turns "I will' to" I have" is Dangote. That doesn't have any project that doesn't finish on time.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saraki, Dogara, NASS Members May Leave APC Thursday - New Telegraph / Abubakar Elkanemi, Shehu Of Borno To Buhari: We’re Still Under Boko Haram Siege / Railway Corporation Seeks N61.5b For Maintenance, Generates N1.13b

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.