Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,011 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Senate Pegs Landlord's Rent Duration At One Year In FCT - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Senate Pegs Landlord's Rent Duration At One Year In FCT (24245 Views)

My Landlord Wants To Evict Me Before My Rent Expires / First Rain Of The Year In Port-Harcourt Destroys Things (Photos) / Shocking Warnings On A Gate In FCT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Pegs Landlord's Rent Duration At One Year In FCT by schumastic(m): 5:36pm On Mar 20, 2017
chubbygal:
Lunch is ready pls

trouble maker
Re: Senate Pegs Landlord's Rent Duration At One Year In FCT by DonShalex(m): 6:38pm On Mar 20, 2017
Building of estates is the solution.
Re: Senate Pegs Landlord's Rent Duration At One Year In FCT by dadavivo: 7:04pm On Mar 20, 2017
richidinho:
i still dont understand, abeg use pidgin grin
na you pay my school fees abi?
Re: Senate Pegs Landlord's Rent Duration At One Year In FCT by smartiyke78: 7:04pm On Mar 20, 2017
For God’s sake how can such law dat will b of good benefit to d masses b stipulated only for pple residing in fct environs?

This is another form of marginalization. or are fct inhabitants only d pple in nigeria?

Pls they shld make it a concern for every state in nigeria with immediate "alacrity"!
Re: Senate Pegs Landlord's Rent Duration At One Year In FCT by allcomage: 7:05pm On Mar 20, 2017
chubbygal:
Lunch is ready pls

THAT IS TOO Polly.
Re: Senate Pegs Landlord's Rent Duration At One Year In FCT by Nobody: 7:13pm On Mar 20, 2017
chubbygal:
Lunch is ready pls
Na you cook de soup? Chai, I need a girl that can cook like dis wink

Btw naso your pussy dey? If so, you need help from me. ...I getti big cassava...in Tekno's voice wink
Re: Senate Pegs Landlord's Rent Duration At One Year In FCT by robosky02(m): 7:27pm On Mar 20, 2017
hope they will make it for ALL STATES
Re: Senate Pegs Landlord's Rent Duration At One Year In FCT by chubbygal(f): 7:54pm On Mar 20, 2017
schumastic:

trouble maker
for aba abi where?
Re: Senate Pegs Landlord's Rent Duration At One Year In FCT by Whoeppme(m): 7:56pm On Mar 20, 2017
Now its all about the tenants only abi......why don't the Senate help the landlord by refunding say 5% of the total sum he used to build his house so that people can just come and be renting the house anyhow they wish to.....yeye senate

1 Like

Re: Senate Pegs Landlord's Rent Duration At One Year In FCT by schumastic(m): 8:45pm On Mar 20, 2017
chubbygal:
for aba abi where?

for nairaland
Re: Senate Pegs Landlord's Rent Duration At One Year In FCT by psalmsjob: 9:26pm On Mar 20, 2017
CuteJude:
una no get work cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

100,000? for any1 to own a property in abuja alone , 100,000 is nothing to him
instead of this people to find a way to make rent cheaper they are causing my confusion
Rent cheaper? When they are the landlordsgrin

Solution to problems comes from entrepreneurs not from some typical Nigerian-Politiciansgrin

I have now put on my thinking cap to find solutions to the high price of rentgrin
Re: Senate Pegs Landlord's Rent Duration At One Year In FCT by missfrancess(f): 10:31pm On Mar 20, 2017
JideAmuGiaka:

It is fraudulent to even ask a tenant to pay one year up front. Rentage should be by Monthly basis.
I disagree with you sir how can you say it fraud.if the Tenant cant pay yearly he/she should pack out of the house.I don't agree with monthly cause some Tenant are very stubborn
Re: Senate Pegs Landlord's Rent Duration At One Year In FCT by iukpe: 10:59pm On Mar 20, 2017
Major housing projects are supposed to be responsibility of government, directly or indirectly. Government have done nothing to ease the troubles of landlords or would be landlords.
1. They offer no tax relief, no subsidies on building materials, houses are not imported.
2. Government does not facilitate quick C-of-Os,
3. Government do not look into community or council levies and area boys troubles landlords go through during building.
4. They do not support free loans from banks either.
5. Landlords dont get legal support when tenants cause permanent damage to property or cannot pay rent for a period and landlord have to pay lawyers.
So what basis does the senate have to decide how a landlord charges for rent, is that a mortgage system? Soon they will come up and say if the tenant lives for x number of years he can claim ownership of your property.
Its makes sense to ease the tough times faced by tenants but its very unfair to the land lords. People will decide not to rent unless you quietly comply to their terms.
What if a landlord chooses to rent his property only for a year at a time and after that you quit? What if a tenant prefers to pay yearly or multiple years rent, to make it easier for him in the long term, assuming he is getting allowance for this by his employer?
Re: Senate Pegs Landlord's Rent Duration At One Year In FCT by akigbemaru: 3:48am On Mar 21, 2017
Senate bills for landlords and landladies.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari reacts to school building collapse in Lagos Island / Different Types Of Apartments In Nigeria | Co-tenant / Lagoon Front Estate. SOLD OUT!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.