Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,969 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Why Transgender Africans Turned Against Chimamanda Adichie - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Why Transgender Africans Turned Against Chimamanda Adichie (18889 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Hosts Lupita Nyong’o In Lagos / Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State / Chimamanda Adichie At Geneva Resort, Awka (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Transgender Africans Turned Against Chimamanda Adichie by LordAdam16: 8:32pm On Mar 21, 2017
DarkRebel101:

I demur to that last sentence. Adichie's submissions were in fact communicated in the most acutely straightforward manner. That it was non-politically correct and void of the euphemistic and beguiling interlardings that are a commonplace in speeches/statements made by public figures doesn't qualify to adjudge her sentiments as "poorly articulated".

It's hardly any surprising, seeing as we live in a world wherein painfully bitter but unvarnished truths constitute a rare commodity, or as Oscar Wilde had deftly put it, "... the truth is rarely pure and never simple".

The only reason why Adichie seemed to have whipped up some dusts of controversy in the coliseum is because she voiced the stark truth to a crop of people long used to honey-coated truths and half-truths.

The women of Musuo, Sahrawi, and Cambodia represent isolated cases, not the general norm. While it would be foolish to claim they are not women simply because they do not experience the indignities of unequality that are peculiar to the vast majority of the female demographic, it would also be a great disservice to common sense to conclude that the experience of such a teeny-weeny minority correctly denotes the universal status quo of women.

But then again, how is that or any of your other absurd and incongruous analogies cognate with the issue up for debate?
Precise case of reductio ad absurdum!

Adichie did not seek to foster division with her statement, she merely expounded on the living, breathing nuances existing betwixt the cis women comity and the trans women community.

Experience maketh a man. How then can we all in good conscience overtly acclaim that despite the disparity of life experiences of a cis woman and trans woman, that they are entirely one and the same?

Even the experiences of trans women who before their transition were heavily discriminated against for being androgynous cannot be compared to those faced by cis women - not because the experiences of trans women pale in comparison to those of cis women, but because they are independently of them and essentially unique. The uniquity of both trans and cis women is what Adichie is stressing about.

If trans women were entirely the same as cis women then don't you think they would just be called women rather than TRANS women?

P.S.: [s]That you do not believe some men are more equal than others only further proves how much of a wool-gatherer you are.[/s] That would explain why you would resort to coating the face of reality with idealistic layers, like in your deliberate failure to agree trans women and cis women are in fact different in some minor ways.

By the way, a man called Jeremy Bentham once described such life-sized logical misfiring to be an ''anarchic fallacy".

You just opened a dictionary by your side and starting transferring words from the dictionary to Nairaland without even having the basic understanding about what we are talking about.

Just look at the statement you made in bold.

Tell me how different that is from these statements of mine...

Transgender women are not cisgender women

So as I said, she has a point that transgender women have different experiences from cisgender women...

Those were replies to sisisi.oge

Then the replies to Sapio.sexuality

Trans women are not cis women. They don't have the same experiences.

Your second statement rightly struck out is unapologetically bigoted, and I refuse to continue discussing with someone with that kind of mindset. That's exactly what HITLER said when he killed 6 million Jews.

You are a troll looking to derail this discussion, I wouldn't give you that room.

You went on and about something nobody is arguing about, then conclude with most Nazi statement I've read this week. Classic trolling.

-Lord
Re: Why Transgender Africans Turned Against Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 21, 2017
HumanistMike:

[s]You never came across as bright but I still gave you a chance. You disappoint me and it's pleasing.

My firs embarassedt paragraph in the post in question was to alert you to the link with the gender connotations of the certificates titles. You were supposed to know that was the backdrop of the post but, you are you.

People that jump to insults to prove a point have lost the point. They insult and throw tantrums as a last ditch effort to save some pride points they lost in the argument. I won't indulge you because I learn nothing from you. You are wash-rinse-repeat.

Here is my rendering of you;
A 5ft2in under 23 kid with a face displeasing to the eyes so much so that you have to bend over backwards and spread cheeks for female approval reasons.

In any case, nature has dealt you a bad hand that you are forced to be a captain save-a-hoe just to give your right palm a break.

Lucky you, you've got some education*. Not to worry though, soon those GRE word play will become a bore and you'll type like your feminist Master Adichie. Even with them GRE, SAT, TOEFL etc paperworks in my academic certificates file, I still use English this way. In other words, eventually you'll leave those fancy words and communicate the way the Press Sec of Trump does. The simple way. When you get to that level, know you maturity level then is my maturity level now.

By the way kid, the word EDUCATION I used in the last paragraph is indicative of the one your mum gave you.

One more thing, the paragraph I referenced for the EDUCATION word is in this very post. As in 2 paragraphs above this very one. I have to spell it out because you turned out to be kinda slow. Wish I could draw an arrow.

I've asterisked the word in the paragraph in question.

I doubt kid will catch my drift in the last 4 paragraphs.

Go get laid, dump a girl, steal candy from a kid, play a video game, I mean do something to get your pride up so you can finally pull your head out of a female's ass.n[/s]

Are you done with the aimless diatribe? Is this how manic depraved and puerile you become whenever your diarrhea of the mouth gets called out? Oh, oh, little man, cry me the Atlantic ocean and the Zambesi all you want. No amount of sour grapes you hurl can wipe off the grand contretemps you were guilty of.

You really did not expect that I would stoop as low as to bandy insults with an arrogant pseudo-intellectual of your kind, did you? I'm way too busy for that. The operative word in that sentence is busy. I'm way too busy and smart to know better than to waste valuable time on a dense nitwit.

Pray tell, why should I continue to trade words with a textbook ignoramus who claimed men invented education? grin Olodo!
You can try to twist and backtrack on what you initially stated, it still doesn't change the fact that you're a doofus. An unregenerate doofus.

Mister men-invented-education. grin

Look!, look at your gaffes staring at you!

If you were an artifact, the most suitable place for you would be the museum of the incompetent.

HumanistMike:

[size=20pt]Guess what, education was invented by men too.[/size]
Do you know what else was invented by men? Menstrual pads and tampons!
Re: Why Transgender Africans Turned Against Chimamanda Adichie by HumanistMike(m): 9:06pm On Mar 21, 2017
DarkRebel101:

Are you done with the aimless diatribe? Is this how zany and puerile you become whenever your diarrhea of the mouth gets called out? Oh, oh, little man, cry me the Atlantic ocean all you want. No amount of sour grapes you hurl can wipe off the grand contretemps you were guilty of.

You really did not expect that I would stoop as low as to bandy insults with an arrogant pseudo-intellectual of your kind, did you? I'm way too busy for that. The operative word in that sentence is busy. I'm way too busy and smart to know better than to waste valuable time on a dense nitwit.

Pray tell, why should I continue to trade words with a textbook ignoramus who claimed men invented education? grin Olodo!
You can try to twist and backtrack on what you initially stated, it still doesn't change the fact that you're a doofus. An unregenerate doofus.

Mr. Men-invented-education. grin

Look!, look at your gaffes staring at you!

If you were an artifact, the most suitable place for you would be the museum of the incompetent.

Isn't formal education still education?

Who is this fool?

You are entertaining son.

1 Share

Re: Why Transgender Africans Turned Against Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 9:11pm On Mar 21, 2017
HumanistMike:

Is formal education still education?

Who is this fool?

You are entertaining son.

Give it up, will ya? Wise men learn from their errors, not insist on it. But not you. You are way too arrogant to admit your ignorance.

You are a dunce! Now buzz off, dolt.
Mr. men-invented-chemistry. Ode! grin
Re: Why Transgender Africans Turned Against Chimamanda Adichie by HumanistMike(m): 9:14pm On Mar 21, 2017
DarkRebel101

No wonder. I knew you were an ass wipe.

You follow mostly women so you remove your brain to post materials that will make you attractive. You need them to like you so u can at least get your meat tugged for once in your life.

Guy, I am very sure you are an ugly boy. Poor you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Transgender Africans Turned Against Chimamanda Adichie by HumanistMike(m): 9:16pm On Mar 21, 2017
DarkRebel101:

Give it up, will ya? Wise men learn from their errors, not insist on it. But not you. You are way too arrogant to admit your ignorance.

You are a dunce! Now buzz off, dolt.
Mr. men-invented-chemistry. Ode! grin

Men invented chemistry and physics as you know it.

MEN invented the periodic table.

You know what, I don't think you are a science student so I'll allow your Stupid pass. Hope you get it - Stupid? Pass?

Re: Why Transgender Africans Turned Against Chimamanda Adichie by HumanistMike(m): 9:20pm On Mar 21, 2017
DarkRebel101

You also frequent the Jobs and Career sections.

You broke and cis-unemployed 1megabyte-having mothermother!

1 Like

Re: Why Transgender Africans Turned Against Chimamanda Adichie by HumanistMike(m): 9:51pm On Mar 21, 2017
The b!tch boy is gone.

I checked his Last Seen time and it read 9:44pm.

I've turned dude to a lurker.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Transgender Africans Turned Against Chimamanda Adichie by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:29am On Mar 22, 2017
LordAdam16:

Dude the difference between transgender and transsexual is that a transsexual feels so strongly about their gender identity that they decide to match their sexual organs with their sense of personal and gender identity. So your point on biology cannot be exclusive to transsexuals. It concerns both transgenders and transsexuals. Which is why the next sentences you make are embarrassing fallacies and completely anti-science.

So, I'm not even going to waste time debating with you.

I'm just going to leave this study about transsexuality in identical twins as a way to prove that there is a genetic influence for this identity.

That's to explicitly show the fallacy in this statement of yours:

The genetic influences for gender identity and presence of reproductive organs are not the same. And every major scientific committee agrees on this. Use a simple Google search to search for proof. I will no longer spoon feed you, since you've shown yourself to be a complete waste of time.

I'm sorry I even called your science half-baked. It's not even science. It's fallacious conjectures of your heavily uninformed mind.

Read and understand--https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-science-willpower/201208/is-your-mind-separate-your-body. I'm not even sure you can read and understand, because I shared a Vox article on the subject and it you learned nothing from it.

And so I refuse to discuss further when you don't even understand the rudiments of gender identity and sexual orientation.

-Lord
Okay. The fact that I have a penis does not make me a man. I get it.
Re: Why Transgender Africans Turned Against Chimamanda Adichie by Ojukwubucket(m): 2:15pm On Mar 22, 2017
Ojukwubucket:

Mr man.. Every human being is entitled to his opinion... Stop abusing people simply because their idea don't tally with urs... Pls b enlightened
Surely, sticking to ur guns evn wen wrong, all but indicates that u hav vowed never to be enlightened...
Well, good for u...
Re: Why Transgender Africans Turned Against Chimamanda Adichie by Ojukwubucket(m): 2:18pm On Mar 22, 2017
Eddygourdo:
if you are enlightened then you will know that criticism isn't abuse nor does it mean a call to arms. I posed a question which should be answered with facts that brought about such views. At least its now left to readers to determine whether its an objective or subjective view. Such determination proves my earlier assertion on the simpleton angle. so reevaluate your enlightenment mr man
Surely, sticking to ur guns evn wen wrong, evn wen wrong, all but indicates that u hav vowed never to be enlightened....
Well, good for you....
Re: Why Transgender Africans Turned Against Chimamanda Adichie by Eddygourdo(m): 4:19pm On Mar 22, 2017
Ojukwubucket:

Surely, sticking to ur guns evn wen wrong, evn wen wrong, all but indicates that u hav vowed never to be enlightened....
Well, good for you....
can you define this enlightenment so I carefully point out why its foolish. Awaiting
Re: Why Transgender Africans Turned Against Chimamanda Adichie by Ojukwubucket(m): 7:59am On Mar 23, 2017
Eddygourdo:
can you define this enlightenment so I carefully point out why its foolish. Awaiting
In just two words 'being aware' or 'being informed'...
If u are aware that people are unique in various ways, especially, in opinion, you wouldn't have labeled someone 'simpleton' simply because his or her opinion, was different from urs...
I know u myt stil want to nag about this... But I advise you don't go about calling people names for toeing a different angle to an issue ... Especially in life scenarios...
It might have devastating consequences... Because, nt everyone takes name-calling lightly....
Re: Why Transgender Africans Turned Against Chimamanda Adichie by Eddygourdo(m): 1:23pm On Mar 23, 2017
Ojukwubucket:

In just two words 'being aware' or 'being informed'...
If u are aware that people are unique in various ways, especially, in opinion, you wouldn't have labeled someone 'simpleton' simply because his or her opinion, was different from urs...
I know u myt stil want to nag about this... But I advise you don't go about calling people names for toeing a different angle to an issue ... Especially in life scenarios...
It might have devastating consequences... Because, nt everyone takes name-calling lightly....
really tell me something. And the person will do what exactly. Hahahahaha when something is foolish , it is foolish. A mad man sees thing differently does not make it a valid point to consider. That fellow is a simpleton as if I didn't say it. Someone else still would have. So what are u on about
Re: Why Transgender Africans Turned Against Chimamanda Adichie by Ojukwubucket(m): 11:36am On Mar 24, 2017
Eddygourdo:
really tell me something. And the person will do what exactly. Hahahahaha when something is foolish , it is foolish. A mad man sees thing differently does not make it a valid point to consider. That fellow is a simpleton as if I didn't say it. Someone else still would have. So what are u on about
So, then, go ahead calling people names... I hope you also take in good faith when other people would cal foolish for having a different opinion about an issue...
N I also wish you have the courage to cal people that in their faces n nt only on social media
Re: Why Transgender Africans Turned Against Chimamanda Adichie by Eddygourdo(m): 5:38pm On Mar 24, 2017
Ojukwubucket:

So, then, go ahead calling people names... I hope you also take in good faith when other people would cal foolish for having a different opinion about an issue...
N I also wish you have the courage to cal people that in their faces n nt only on social media
hahahaha. Your a funny boy. If u want to know if I can call people foolish in person and even slap them if necessary. Then you need to know me in person. A pm will clear such doubts.
Re: Why Transgender Africans Turned Against Chimamanda Adichie by Ojukwubucket(m): 7:14am On Mar 25, 2017
Eddygourdo:
hahahaha. Your a funny boy. If u want to know if I can call people foolish in person and even slap them if necessary. Then you need to know me in person. A pm will clear such doubts.
Good for you... Please don't stop...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File / Get any Book you want free of charge (drop requests) / How To Speak And Write English With Good Diction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.