Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,672 members, 7,820,361 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Does Some Certain Kind Of Sounds Upset You? Here Is Why - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Does Some Certain Kind Of Sounds Upset You? Here Is Why (18133 Views)

Akin Abayomi: COVID-19 Patients Being Upset At The Start Of Isolation Is Normal / Covid19: Ministry Of Finance Confirms Receipt Of Certain Donations / Upset Stomach – How To Treat It At Home - Prevention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Some Certain Kind Of Sounds Upset You? Here Is Why by Aribambam: 11:32am On Apr 04, 2017
i hate when people drag their feet in the ground while working.
Re: Does Some Certain Kind Of Sounds Upset You? Here Is Why by happyheart(f): 11:41am On Apr 04, 2017
Wow. Nice one. I hate the sound of shovel against sand...I avoid passing anywhere construction work is going on. I hate the sound of metal against metal...when growing up..the sound of empty can against the floor drove me wild.
I hate loud chewing, chewing gum, loud honking... I just hate those sounds with a passion.
Thanks for this info.

1 Like

Re: Does Some Certain Kind Of Sounds Upset You? Here Is Why by omnisali: 11:46am On Apr 04, 2017
generator noise
Re: Does Some Certain Kind Of Sounds Upset You? Here Is Why by missioner(m): 11:49am On Apr 04, 2017
fearlessigboman:
metal clanking is death!!!....
And also rubbing this white carton together ( that stuff found in new products... yes... I no Sabi d name)
Styrofoam

1 Like

Re: Does Some Certain Kind Of Sounds Upset You? Here Is Why by Biospnx(m): 11:50am On Apr 04, 2017
I thought i was the only one in this, metal clash makes me mad n sad
Re: Does Some Certain Kind Of Sounds Upset You? Here Is Why by Origin(f): 11:58am On Apr 04, 2017
My sweetest bestest friend has a clock that it claims is worse than a ghost or a hired killer.

Tick tick tick tick tick...... Her eyes fly open and remain open all through the night.

The clock now lives in her kitchen.
Re: Does Some Certain Kind Of Sounds Upset You? Here Is Why by slimderek(m): 11:59am On Apr 04, 2017
fearlessigboman:
And also rubbing this white carton together ( that stuff found in new products... yes... I no Sabi d name)
Omo that white carton don nearly kill me, I make sure never to ever touch that thing

1 Like

Re: Does Some Certain Kind Of Sounds Upset You? Here Is Why by Nobody: 12:03pm On Apr 04, 2017
I used to be so irritated when people chew food noisily until I was eating one time and heard myself chewing, since then I have not been that irritated anymore, and I have become more tolerant to others as well

1 Like

Re: Does Some Certain Kind Of Sounds Upset You? Here Is Why by introvertme: 12:10pm On Apr 04, 2017
2dugged:
I used to be so irritated when people chew food noisily until I was eating one time and heard myself chewing, since then I have not been that irritated anymore, and I have become more tolerant to others as well

I usually put on ear piece,but later I had to tolerate although some people really piss me off !!! Almost as if it's deliberate
Re: Does Some Certain Kind Of Sounds Upset You? Here Is Why by xxgig(m): 12:12pm On Apr 04, 2017
It feels like someone is scratching the inner most part of my ear.
jcmaiah:
I hate that sound when you drag a basin on the floor
Re: Does Some Certain Kind Of Sounds Upset You? Here Is Why by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 04, 2017
introvertme:

I usually put on ear piece,but later I had to tolerate although some people really piss me off !!! Almost as if it's deliberate
it's more physiological, when you make up your mind to tolerate, your brain can send signals to your nerves to keep calm whenever your are in such a situation, and before you know you might not even flitch Tue next time you are confronted with such a situation

1 Like

Re: Does Some Certain Kind Of Sounds Upset You? Here Is Why by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 04, 2017
toluine56:

You hypertensive?
I don't know.
Re: Does Some Certain Kind Of Sounds Upset You? Here Is Why by Maccoy507: 12:39pm On Apr 04, 2017
fearlessigboman:
exactly. I have the same issue, infact if u wanna piss off quickly just do that carton stuff. I always feel like melting away
Re: Does Some Certain Kind Of Sounds Upset You? Here Is Why by ledgelessons(m): 12:39pm On Apr 04, 2017
I hate loud ringtones.
Re: Does Some Certain Kind Of Sounds Upset You? Here Is Why by Nobody: 12:40pm On Apr 04, 2017
dancok:
i can see u has finally make ur idanre trip.
I did and it was Amazing.
Re: Does Some Certain Kind Of Sounds Upset You? Here Is Why by Nobody: 12:42pm On Apr 04, 2017
eleojo23:

Oh my God! Even if I am dreaming inside my dream, once a cockroach is moving about in my room, I must wake up and kill it or else na night watchman things that night. grin
I hate those things ehen, I wish they can just disappear out of this world.
Re: Does Some Certain Kind Of Sounds Upset You? Here Is Why by toluine56(m): 12:43pm On Apr 04, 2017
Amusaopeyemi:

I don't know.
Okay..Maybe they're just phobias.
That cockroach own is jus Terrible. I generally hate crawling insects. Once I'm awaken by them, no sleeping for me throughout that night.
Re: Does Some Certain Kind Of Sounds Upset You? Here Is Why by donifez(m): 12:45pm On Apr 04, 2017
If u hear that hard broom sweeping on shallow gutter, i flee. Someone brushing his or her teeth close to me is a no no.
Re: Does Some Certain Kind Of Sounds Upset You? Here Is Why by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 04, 2017
toluine56:

Okay..Maybe they're just phobias.
That cockroach own is jus Terrible. I generally hate crawling insects. Once I'm awaken by them, no sleeping for me throughout that night.
Maybe. But the fast heart beat is one thing I don't understand. it takes minutes for me to calm down sometimes.
Re: Does Some Certain Kind Of Sounds Upset You? Here Is Why by toluine56(m): 1:00pm On Apr 04, 2017
Amusaopeyemi:

Maybe. But the fast heart beat is one thing I don't understand. it takes minutes for me to calm down sometimes.
Do you exercise often?
Have you been physically inactive for a long period.
I used to be like that too until I started light exercises. 30mins everyday.
Re: Does Some Certain Kind Of Sounds Upset You? Here Is Why by bootylady101(f): 1:04pm On Apr 04, 2017
scratching of a chalkboard with fingers makes me cringe
Re: Does Some Certain Kind Of Sounds Upset You? Here Is Why by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 04, 2017
toluine56:

Do you exercise often?
Have you been physically inactive for a long period.
I used to be like that too until I started light exercises. 30mins everyday.
Does walking and Skipping count? I Walk for at least 20minutes everydayyyyyyyyyy.
Re: Does Some Certain Kind Of Sounds Upset You? Here Is Why by toluine56(m): 1:10pm On Apr 04, 2017
Amusaopeyemi:

Does walking and Skipping count? I Walk for at least 20minutes everydayyyyyyyyyy.
Well it counts but 20mins walk isn't enough in my opinion, but skipping is great. Try skipping more and thank me later.
Re: Does Some Certain Kind Of Sounds Upset You? Here Is Why by Nobody: 1:34pm On Apr 04, 2017
Amusaopeyemi:

I did and it was Amazing.
are u still coming? Especially to Akure, flash my number with your whatsapp number let chat again i lost ur bbm contact 08064357013 that my number
Re: Does Some Certain Kind Of Sounds Upset You? Here Is Why by Mayflowa(m): 1:48pm On Apr 04, 2017
Idydarling:
u kidding right?

Which of the two is doubtful? Anyways, l'm serious. I just found myself to be sensitive to those noise overtime and try to avoid them. Are there any noise or some other stuff that trigger you off?
Re: Does Some Certain Kind Of Sounds Upset You? Here Is Why by BanevsJoker(m): 2:10pm On Apr 04, 2017
Mine is the sound a blunt pencil or a marker makes on paper. Oh it's so horrible.
Re: Does Some Certain Kind Of Sounds Upset You? Here Is Why by BanevsJoker(m): 2:11pm On Apr 04, 2017
It's so bad that even the thought of it has the same effect.
Re: Does Some Certain Kind Of Sounds Upset You? Here Is Why by ageraGT: 2:12pm On Apr 04, 2017
I hate any randomly repetitive sound eg cock crowing, dog barking, wind pushing window so long I can't predict when the sound is coming I hate to hear it, am OK with generator noise because it's constant
Re: Does Some Certain Kind Of Sounds Upset You? Here Is Why by Slimpotter(m): 2:28pm On Apr 04, 2017
Amusaopeyemi:
If i'm asleep and a cockroach or a rat is moving about, i'll hear it and won't rest until I kill it. I hate it when people drag their feet on the floor while walking too.
I hate that throaty sound some guys do before spitting. It irritates me.
Sudden noise scares me, it could be banging of the door or dropping something heavy suddenly. It makes my heart beat really fast. I usually beg my friends not to surprise me with anything because it is always too much to handle. Don't Surprise me, Don't try to sneak in on me, or close my eyes with your fingers and ask me to guess who's there. I'll go crazy in less than 2.5seconds.
Same here,if I don't catch that cockroach, I won't want to sleep
Re: Does Some Certain Kind Of Sounds Upset You? Here Is Why by maasoap(m): 2:39pm On Apr 04, 2017
jcmaiah:
I hate that sound when you drag a basin on the floor
Thank You. Or, when a bricklayer is using shovel to scoop or mix cement on the ground.
Re: Does Some Certain Kind Of Sounds Upset You? Here Is Why by maasoap(m): 2:45pm On Apr 04, 2017
happyheart:
Wow. Nice one. I hate the sound of shovel against sand...I avoid passing anywhere construction work is going on. I hate the sound of metal against metal...when growing up..the sound of empty can against the floor drove me wild.
I hate loud chewing, chewing gum, loud honking... I just hate those sounds with a passion.
Thanks for this info.
That bolded parts always making me distressed.
Re: Does Some Certain Kind Of Sounds Upset You? Here Is Why by swiz123(m): 2:47pm On Apr 04, 2017
just like dragging basin on the floor,i hate dragging a gallon on the tiled floor of boreholes.that shii can make me stop fetching water immediately

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Discharges 48 Coronavirus Patients Today / Kogi, Others Top Latest Salary Structure For Doctors As Bello Approves CONMESS / 3 Viruses Found In Bats In Laos Are Closest Relatives Of Virus Behind COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.