Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,475 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Ekiti State - What Is It About This State? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti State - What Is It About This State? (3025 Views)

Kwara State Was Formally A Yoruba State: What Went Wrong? / I Will Not Ran I Will Walk Like Majestically Out Of This State--fayose / I Am From This State: The Latest APC Nairaland Propaganda And Lies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti State - What Is It About This State? by abswale(m): 4:48am On Dec 21, 2009
Ekiti state was created in 1996 but has made waves more than a 30 yrs old state. The state has witnessed State of emergency, impeachment among others. It's one of the state that still has its gubernatorial election case at the election petition tribunal, even after a rerun.
So I ask, why and what is so important about Ekiti State?
Re: Ekiti State - What Is It About This State? by Nobody: 5:30am On Dec 21, 2009
Why dont you tell us?
Re: Ekiti State - What Is It About This State? by OAM4J: 5:30am On Dec 21, 2009
may be because they have many professors.

Problem: Over sabi.  too much petition, I sabi pass you too much.

I love them sa. My best friend is from that state.
Re: Ekiti State - What Is It About This State? by abswale(m): 9:31am On Dec 21, 2009
Economically - There is no economic resources, so there are basically farmers (yam, rice, )
Politically - Interesting. AC and PDP share the house of assembly 13-13.
I don't think this is a problem of professors. I think the state has something in common with Nigeria, if it were a state.
Re: Ekiti State - What Is It About This State? by yemmight(m): 11:03am On Dec 21, 2009
Ekiti State. State of Professors. That makes it peculiar.
Re: Ekiti State - What Is It About This State? by r231(m): 11:27am On Dec 21, 2009
OAM4J:

may be because they have many professors.

Problem: Over sabi. too much petition, I sabi pass you too much.

I love them sa. My best friend is from that state.

says WHO embarassed
Re: Ekiti State - What Is It About This State? by OAM4J: 12:23pm On Dec 21, 2009
Believe me, dem too dey write petitions for that state, cos dem too know.
Re: Ekiti State - What Is It About This State? by abswale(m): 12:46pm On Dec 21, 2009
There is a saying that no nation can rise above the education of its people. Why is this not so in Ekiti. Trouble today, wahala tomorrow!
Re: Ekiti State - What Is It About This State? by WilyWily: 12:58pm On Dec 21, 2009
Ekiti is a Demonic State
Re: Ekiti State - What Is It About This State? by jona2: 5:44pm On Dec 21, 2009
cool

Re: Ekiti State - What Is It About This State? by WilyWily: 5:53pm On Dec 21, 2009
Ekiti Yoruba, the State of Demons
Re: Ekiti State - What Is It About This State? by mekusxxx: 6:12pm On Dec 21, 2009
It is also the state of marijuana cultivation, being No. 1 in the nation for that.
Re: Ekiti State - What Is It About This State? by WilyWily: 7:29pm On Dec 21, 2009
na wah, look how Ekiti Yorubaman leg bi
Re: Ekiti State - What Is It About This State? by abswale(m): 7:44am On Dec 22, 2009
Well, I believe it is this PDP that is causing the problem in Ekiti. The marijuana stuff is reduced. Ekiti can't be the no 1 producing state anymore.
What Ekiti offer now is a true leader and not a coward like we ve now.
Re: Ekiti State - What Is It About This State? by Alxmyr(m): 2:55pm On Dec 22, 2009
The problem of Ekiti is that the state has too many educated people whose desire is to use education as means of repression and not means of development.
For example, the state has the highest number of professors in Nigeria, the state university is amongst the university with the least number of professors in Nigeria
Re: Ekiti State - What Is It About This State? by DDMoses(m): 3:14pm On Dec 22, 2009
WilyWily:

Ekiti Yoruba, the State of Demons
mekusxxx:

It is also the state of marijuana cultivation, being No. 1 in the nation for that.
WilyWily:

Ekiti is a Demonic State
@ quotes, all of you are just animal in human form, how could you sitdown with your Pc and start typing rubbish, you are sarcastically insane for that, if you are referring to my State like that, and the @Poster, i guess you must be out of your mind as you dont have any topic to discuss rather than Ekiti issue, to say the least, you are a fool. dont ever discuss or refer to the land of dignity, timber and caliber people like that, i applauded those who refer to Ekiti land very well.
shares
Re: Ekiti State - What Is It About This State? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 22, 2009
plenty stubborn women cheesy cheesy
Re: Ekiti State - What Is It About This State? by WilyWily: 5:16pm On Dec 22, 2009
Are those Yoruba Women kissing the ground with their breast.
Their breast must be too long.
Re: Ekiti State - What Is It About This State? by abswale(m): 12:02pm On Dec 23, 2009
Hmm! Nigerians, things that happens in various communities is worse past what's in those pictures.
Those women are making their demands known to a government that is insensitive to people's demands and pains.
Re: Ekiti State - What Is It About This State? by abswale(m): 1:34pm On Dec 25, 2009
You guys should read this www.ekiti.com to know more about what am saying. Alot is happening.
Re: Ekiti State - What Is It About This State? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 25, 2009
[size=18pt]MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL. ESP TO MY EKITI PEEPS kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss[/size]
Re: Ekiti State - What Is It About This State? by WilyWily: 4:31pm On Dec 25, 2009
Ekiti State = Demon State
Re: Ekiti State - What Is It About This State? by ezeagu(m): 4:38pm On Dec 25, 2009
WilyWily:

Ekiti State = Demon State

What did Ekiti do to you?
Re: Ekiti State - What Is It About This State? by WilyWily: 4:44pm On Dec 25, 2009
Ekiti State=Headquarter of Demons and Witchcraft
Re: Ekiti State - What Is It About This State? by mekusxxx: 11:38pm On Dec 25, 2009
Ekiti NDLEA gives hemp planters blue hampers , Destroys 105 acres, N20m cannabis
From BOLU-OLU ESHO, Ado-Ekiti

Friday, December 25, 2009

Indian hemp planters and peddlers in Ekiti State may not be among Nigerians thronging markets to shop for the yuletide, as men of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency(NDLEA) destroyed their lucrative albeit illicit goods on 105 acres in various mountain tops in the state.

The Indian Hemp set ablaze

advertisement

At Ilokun, a suburb of Ado-Ekiti, the NDLEA invited stakeholders to a public destruction of 50 tonnes of Indian hemp worth N20 million.

The destroyed drugs formed part of the seizures made in recent time by the state command.

Issuing a certificate of destruction to Governor Segun Oni, the representative of the Chairman/Executive of the NDLEA, Mr. Femi Oloruntoba applauded the efforts of the people of the state and the government for their support for the agency in chasing drug barons out of the state.

The state Commander of NDLEA, Prince Ben Ikani, disclosed that 48 arrests were made, over the seizure alone, declaring that the anti-narcotic agency was determined to chase out drug barons from the state.

Barons feeling the heat of the anti drug agency had, following an onslaught against them in 2008, devised strategies to beat the eagle eye of the NDLEA, as they instructed their planters to head for mountain tops to cultivate the illicit plant.

But the command soon tracked them down.

Ekiti State seems to attract these daredevil planters because of the arable nature of its soil, But, speaking through the state Commissioner for Information and Civic Orientation, Governor Segun Oni swore to drive out the illicit drug planters and replace them with young farmers of legal crops to stop the destruction of the soil.

Oni, however, called for the sustenance of the pace set by the state NDLEA command.

Prince Ikani revealed that no fewer than 26 culprits had been convicted by the High Court of law in the state for various drug offences.

Pique by the destruction illicit drugs had wrought on the citizens; the representative of Ahmadu Giade said that 50 per cent of commercial motorbike operators and commercial drivers were on drugs.

He noted that they took hard drug called ìMonkey Tailî, a solution made from Indian hemp and alcohol, before setting out for the dayís work.

He added that 25 per cent of the victims of hard drugs in the country were youths in their prime.

One of the stakeholders, the state chairman of Patent Medicine Operators, Chief David Falaki, called for laws banning sale of illegal drugs in motor parks.

However, the command lacked logistics, including patrol vehicles, besides the office being located in a remote area of the state capital.
Re: Ekiti State - What Is It About This State? by abswale(m): 4:50pm On Dec 26, 2009
Kudos to the NDLEA guys. This hemp thing is not really much in Ekiti.
Merry Xmass to all christian faithfuls in Ekiti.
Re: Ekiti State - What Is It About This State? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 26, 2009
abswale:

Kudos to the NDLEA guys. This hemp thing is not really much in Ekiti.
Merry Xmass to all christian faithfuls in Ekiti.
Thank you, the same to you smiley cheesy
Re: Ekiti State - What Is It About This State? by abswale(m): 6:19pm On Dec 30, 2009
From May 2007 till date, if a government has nothing to point to as projects implemented or a level of achievement attained. Then it could be said such government has failed. This is the way I will describe the government in Ekiti State. And I wonder why nobody nominated Segun Oni as one of the worst governors in the thread created for such.
Re: Ekiti State - What Is It About This State? by WilyWily: 11:00pm On Dec 30, 2009
Ekiti Yoruba State=Yoruba Demonic State
Re: Ekiti State - What Is It About This State? by SEFAGO(m): 11:01pm On Dec 30, 2009
Wily Wily and his small wily. Ekiti man steal your girlfriend sebi?

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Has Nnewi Done Wrong, Your Excellency?: Open Letter To Governor Peter Obi / SSS Nabs Fake Lawyer In Bauchi / Why Tussle Over' Anambra Oil Wells' Persists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.