Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,383 members, 7,815,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Court Stops EFCC Case Over Falsehood, Media Trial .................. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Stops EFCC Case Over Falsehood, Media Trial .................. (576 Views)

Anambra Election: Court Stops Obiano From Campaigning As APGA Candidate / EFCC Begs Colonel Nicholas Ashinze, Dasuki's Aide, Over Media Trial / Court Stops EFCC Case Over Falsehood, Media Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Stops EFCC Case Over Falsehood, Media Trial .................. by deji68: 4:14pm On Mar 21, 2017
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) suffered a major setback in the trial of Colonel Nicholas Ashinze and three others in an alleged N3billion unlawful transfer as the Federal High Court in Abuja suspended the case over an alleged falsehood and media trial engaged by the anti-graft agency against the military officer. Ashinze was Military Assistant to former National Security Adviser, Colonel Sambo Dasuki (Rtd).

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/court-stops-efcc-case-falsehood-media-trial/
Re: Court Stops EFCC Case Over Falsehood, Media Trial .................. by psucc(m): 4:16pm On Mar 21, 2017
If they stop propaganda, what will they show as their score card?
Re: Court Stops EFCC Case Over Falsehood, Media Trial .................. by deji68: 4:17pm On Mar 21, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin i wonder ooo
psucc:
If they stop propaganda, what will they show as their score card?
Re: Court Stops EFCC Case Over Falsehood, Media Trial .................. by deji68: 4:18pm On Mar 21, 2017
“In order to prevent media and court trial at the same time with one misrepresenting the order, I have stopped this trial pending the time the EFCC retracts the offending press statement. The trial of the defendant has nothing to do with N36billion diversion and misappropriation. “The retraction has to be done between now and April 13, 2017. And this EFCC witness is hereby ordered to step down from the witness box and come back on April 13, 2017

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/court-stops-efcc-case-falsehood-media-trial/

1 Like

Re: Court Stops EFCC Case Over Falsehood, Media Trial .................. by deji68: 4:21pm On Mar 21, 2017
“If you want to try the defendant in the media, you have to limit yourself to the media. You have to stop misleading the public in the fact of this trial. Let me say it for the sake of emphasis that EFCC must stop the use of journalists to distort proceedings in my court. You cannot be engaging in two trial: one in the court and one in the media at the same time. If you are not satisfied with my decision to stop this trial pending the time the EFCC retract this offending press statement of my court proceeding, then you can take your case to another court “This press statement by one Wilson Uwujare who claimed to be from EFCC is scandalous and prejudice to fair trial of the defendant in this matter.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Commissioner Slumps, Dies During Physical Exercise / PDP Will Win 2019 President -jonathan Assures / Fire Guts Ebonyi Government House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.