Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Meet The Idoma Born House Of Assembly Member From Enugu State - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet The Idoma Born House Of Assembly Member From Enugu State (6917 Views)

Defection Saga: Benue State House Of Assembly Taken Over By Policemen (PHOTOS) / 2019: Benue To Produce First Governor Of The Idoma Extraction After 47 Years / INEC Receives Petition For Recall Of Abubakar Kuk, Kano House Of Assembly Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Idoma Born House Of Assembly Member From Enugu State by Nobody: 1:09pm On Mar 22, 2017
Omagzee:

Ami wor oyi Idoma ne
Na only Idoma I hear inside this statement. Maybe oyi means "person"?
Re: Meet The Idoma Born House Of Assembly Member From Enugu State by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 22, 2017
iSlayer2:

Na only Idoma I hear inside this statement. Maybe oyi means "person"?

Lols, oyi means something like child although it's a generic term just like omor in Yoruba.

What i wrote there translates into English to mean I am an idoma child, person, guy..... U get?
Re: Meet The Idoma Born House Of Assembly Member From Enugu State by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 22, 2017
Omagzee:

Lols, oyi means something like child although it's a generic term just like omor in Yoruba.

What i wrote there translates into English to mean I am an idoma child, person, guy..... U get?

Yeah. Thanks.
Re: Meet The Idoma Born House Of Assembly Member From Enugu State by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 22, 2017
FemiFimile:
Wat is it with u ipob and the idoma/igala people?
Land grabbing of course
Re: Meet The Idoma Born House Of Assembly Member From Enugu State by Caseless: 7:14am On Mar 23, 2017
laudate:

Uh? 'One'...what?
idoma name that sounds igbotic.
Re: Meet The Idoma Born House Of Assembly Member From Enugu State by Caseless: 7:17am On Mar 23, 2017
iSlayer2:

My brother,listen to me carefully,I know you're a young man. The truth goes beyond petty sentiments,tribal squabbles,religious differences​,e-fights,politics and all whatnot. Call me liar on NL from now till tomorrow,it can not change history,origin. Politics can try to hide,divide,change or even revise a people's history but in this information age it can't work for very long. Igala,Idoma, Igbo are all brothers/cousins descending from Onoja,Agulu,Menri,Iguedo et al. If you're mature you would know, understand and appreciate the importance of origin above petty nonsense.
you're just trying to turn history on its head.
Re: Meet The Idoma Born House Of Assembly Member From Enugu State by Nobody: 7:51am On Mar 23, 2017
Caseless:
you're just trying to turn history on its head.

No my brother,I don't have time for such nonsense. You see how little you know about the three brothers. When I gave you those Idoma names that sounded Igbo you didn't know that Igbo bear those names very well. You were still waiting for more hardcore Igbotic names. Little did you know that those names I gave you are just as Igbotic as Amadioha.
Re: Meet The Idoma Born House Of Assembly Member From Enugu State by Fx55(m): 8:13am On Mar 23, 2017
Idomapikin:
oyine abole?
If I translate what you wrote here in Igbo, it should be 'ONYE EBE OLE?' meaning FROM WHERE? or WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

Did I get it right? If I got it right, then we need to study the similarities between both languages.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Idoma Born House Of Assembly Member From Enugu State by Fx55(m): 8:22am On Mar 23, 2017
laudate:
Help me ask dem!! angry They are always trying to attach other groups to their proposed republic.

Which dirty blood ties? Una don come again with your tales by moonlight! sad
I would've jumped off the 3rd Mainland Bridge if you didn't show up here.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Idoma Born House Of Assembly Member From Enugu State by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 23, 2017
Fx55:
If I translate what you wrote here in Igbo, it should be 'ONYE EBE OLE?' meaning FROM WHERE? or WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

Did I get it right? If I got it right, then we need to study the similarities between both languages.

This is one sensitive area I didn't want to comment on. I feel the Idoma language has the same syllabic structure as Igbo but I don't know the language enough to prove this.

E.g

English - I want to

Igbo. - N cho (ka)

Idoma. - N do ka

1 Like

Re: Meet The Idoma Born House Of Assembly Member From Enugu State by laudate: 11:56am On Mar 23, 2017
Fx55:
I would've jumped off the 3rd Mainland Bridge if you didn't show up here.

So why didn't you? Feel free to jump off the bridge. You will not be missed! undecided
Re: Meet The Idoma Born House Of Assembly Member From Enugu State by naijacorper: 5:27pm On Apr 28, 2018
I shake my head for the people of ette. The rate at which d fulani people are gradually occupying their land very soon they will be begin to ask for an emir. I hear ette girls are even getting married to fulani men. If you knw d history of d fulani people you shld knw wat they are capable of doing.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Thank God Atiku Did Not Win / Eyewitness Account Of How Ipob Killed Dora Akunyili Husband / Oyebanji Mourns Ekiti Ex- Deputy Governor, Bisi Egbeyemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.