Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented (8480 Views)

Adeosun NYSC Certificate Saga: Presidency Orders Probe Of Alleged Scandal.. / Certificate Saga: Dino Melaye Thanks Nigerians For Support; Twitter Users Reply / Dino’s Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students’ Affair Of ABU Commented (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by mrbillz(m): 3:51am On Mar 22, 2017
Let me keep on the tabs as things unfolds
Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by Maduawuchukwu(m): 7:18am On Mar 22, 2017
omokab:
What this man is saying might be true but can't be used in court. If truly he has a lot of carry over and the school just passed him in any case, the competent court and school have right to withdraw his certificate. Is just like a case of somebody who gain admission with a pass in mathematics to study accounting with waiver or negligence or favour from the school management, if he goes for an interview after graduating from the school, the panel will certainly ask him/her about the deficiency he has in mathematics to study accounting which require it before gaining admission. If he's employ in government establishment, when it is time for mass sacking due to lack of availability of funds, he will be one of those to be considered first for retrenchment. Even with his pass in mathematics he can't register for ICAN. So, in this case I don't see him escaping this certificate issue.
This your logic is funny o. The law says that to run for office u must have a certificate which must not be less than WASSCE. Dino has his which is his university degree whether it was awarded given his performance or his good behaviour. The court cannot withdraw it and the school too cannot unless he has committed some wrongs as stipulated in the schools regulations and rules. Please tell me which wrong he has committed that will warrant it to be withdrawn. Is it criticizing Buhari?

1 Like

Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by maasoap(m): 7:51am On Mar 22, 2017
Mortiple:
Shame on SAHARA REPORTERS and their cohorts.

[s]Those who think that Sahara Reporters are always credible should hide their faces in shame.[/s]

It is an open secret that this Dino certificate debacle was orchestrated from Bourdilion.
I hope you will repeat this line if the allegation is about Tinubu, Buhari or Amaechi
Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by PrinceMario(m): 8:20am On Mar 22, 2017
UNIQUEISRAEL:
Dino is a graduate of ABU Zaria. I do not like him but the campaign of calumny and falsehood against him must stop. I recalled a meeting with the then VC, chief security officer Mallam Ashiru and the Dean Student affairs Doctor Tanimu. At the meeting it was resolved that all policially exposed students and unionist must be graduated for peace to reign in ABU. The VC started by asking me the SECGEN ABUSUG when am I supposed to graduate? I told him I was only in 4 hundred level law then, he then asked after so many other commrades like Anslem, Chris, Ochums, Arokoyo, Ribadu, Renshaw, Kamal, Ntom, SB, Bright, Ganzi, Kombitel, Realman, Kurfi, Kabir Mustspha, Tijani Kabir(refused to graduate and 8 years later became NANS president), Precious Abdul, MB Mustspha, Dino etc......he gave a marching order that the Dean student affairs must ensure that our types are promptly graduated and leave the school in peace and in good time. Refering to all the so called elders and Unionist of ABU then.

The case of Elder Dino as he then was, was even the worst. In truism Dino never wanted to graduate from ABU. He was benefiting handsomely and almost feeding from Unionism like many Unionist, he deliberately keep having carry overs so as to remain in ABU against the orders of the VC. Trust the smart VC Mahdi, he ensured that Dino swiftly pass all his carry overs, when Dino resisted that move by the VC, he was told by the Dean that the University has the power to pass and graduate any of it students if they are satisfy that such a student has attained sufficient learning or good character standing(whether he actually pass all his papers or not). In Dino's case , the emphasis was placed on his good character and not necessarily the waived passing.

I repeat, Dino is a bonifide graduate of ABU Zaria, Department of Geography and Faculty of Social Science. He has his genuine transcript and certificate. He might have been exempted from NYSC as he was an adult even when in school.

Bar. Ahmed Tanimu
Dean of student ABU Zaria
Why you dey lie like this.
I read this same comment on a thread on this same NL from a NLder yesterday.
It's has today turned up to be the DSA comment.
And some people believe this.
Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by homosapien(m): 8:33am On Mar 22, 2017
todaynewsreview:
I can't find that name among the Principal officers of ABU though this may be the right explanation.
Could the article be referring to previous Dean Student Affairs during Dino's time?

Professor Ibrahim Garba
Vice Chancellor

Professor Kabir Bala
Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration)

Professor Ezra B Amans
Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic)

Mal. A. A. Kundila
Registrar

Alh. Yahaya Hassan
Bursar

Prof. Umar Ibrahim
University Librarian

Prof. Ibrahim M. Sule
Director, DAPM

Prof. Mohammed S. Shehu
Dean, Student Affairs Division

Prof. Sadiq Z. Abubakar
Dean, School of Postgraduate Studies

Mal. Sale Haladu Ririwai
Chief Internal Auditor

Engr. Mohammed A. Sambo
Director, PP&MS

Col. Jibril K. Tukur (Rtd.)
Chief Security Officer

Prof. Sahalu B. Junaidu
Director, ICICT

https://abu.edu.ng/principal-officers.html

You smart bro, I was about to do same before I saw your post.
Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by shortgun(m): 8:37am On Mar 22, 2017
skedman:
hello,whenever you are about to comment kindly please write your qualifications.
Why?
Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by DocHMD: 8:55am On Mar 22, 2017
How do you ensure that somebody 'swiftly passes' an exam when he delibrately wants to fail?

Please help me understand.
Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by Nobody: 8:56am On Mar 22, 2017
The department of Geography is NOT part of the faculty of social sciences
Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by hardbody: 9:02am On Mar 22, 2017
omokab:
What this man is saying might be true but can't be used in court. If truly he has a lot of carry over and the school just passed him in any case, the competent court and school have right to withdraw his certificate. Is just like a case of somebody who gain admission with a pass in mathematics to study accounting with waiver or negligence or favour from the school management, if he goes for an interview after graduating from the school, the panel will certainly ask him/her about the deficiency he has in mathematics to study accounting which require it before gaining admission. If he's employ in government establishment, when it is time for mass sacking due to lack of availability of funds, he will be one of those to be considered first for retrenchment. Even with his pass in mathematics he can't register for ICAN. So, in this case I don't see him escaping this certificate issue.

Which school is more competent to discuss his certificate or its withdrawal than the issuing university senate.

Any other school may refuse him PG studies but in the records of his university, he is a graduate.

I do not quite like the guy, but facts are sacrosanct
Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by hardbody: 9:05am On Mar 22, 2017
DocHMD:
How do you ensure that somebody 'swiftly passes' an exam when he delibrately wants to fail?

Please help me understand.

He fails the exam in his written script, he is recorded with a pass mark which is transferred to the registry and he is accordingly recorded as having passed. When you pass, you move to the next level until you are pushed out. It is not rocket science.
Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by DocHMD: 9:22am On Mar 22, 2017
hardbody:

He fails the exam in his written script, he is recorded with a pass mark which is transferred to the registry and he is accordingly recorded as having passed. When you pass, you move to the next level until you are pushed out. It is not rocket science.

Does that happen in your school too?

Someone submits an empty script because he wants to fail, the VC orders that he MUST BE PASSED SO HE CAN BE PUSHED OUT OF THE SYSTEM?

Chei! The Zoo eh!
Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 22, 2017
Where is Buhari's Certificate grin grin grin grin
Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by Olu317(m): 9:40am On Mar 22, 2017
shortgun:
Dino graduated unlike one cattle rearer who never went to secondary school.
Do you mind some people that rode to fame as ingrates? There is nothing as good as being a stubborn politician with school certificate to back it when enemies shows up to ridicule such personality....Despite the fact that Dino isn't a holy chap, he definitely got this one correctly...
Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by greenmonk: 10:04am On Mar 22, 2017
ItsMeAboki:
If this is true, it would then appear that Dino did not pass on academic merit but only on supposed good behavior (which even so does not seem correct, because he was a troublemaker and the very reason why the university wanted him out at all cost).
He was simply a scammer, scammer off the university through student unionism from which he was feeding fat on - so much for his integrity; which also accounts for his thuggish persona in the senate.

There are trouble makers and there are trouble shooters. Employers and education administrators who know their onion don't like getting on the wrong side of the later. Even in industries they promote them to remove them from the side of the junior workers who ate usually greater in number.

you can't rusticate a student who u have nothing to incriminate him. A student can graduate with course assignments and a little score from exams if the authorities suspect he deliberately flops his exams.
Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by hardbody: 11:42am On Mar 22, 2017
DocHMD:

Does that happen in your school too?

Someone submits an empty script because he wants to fail, the VC orders that he MUST BE PASSED SO HE CAN BE PUSHED OUT OF THE SYSTEM?

Chei! The Zoo eh!

It's very possible. I was having a drink with some friends yesterday and One guy mentioned that systems men in his uni were graduated in that manner to ensure sustainability of peace.

I was a good boy and did what I had to do to graduate quickly and nicely wink
Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by joeace2020(m): 11:43am On Mar 22, 2017
The way the supposed dean of student writes interests me more.
Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by omokab: 12:16pm On Mar 22, 2017
aribisala0:

See Logicmentation !!
I will pray for you to get sense one day........... Chai!!
we will soon know who get sense between the two of us. If somebody get certificate by crook and the school later discover it, the school authority have right to withdraw their certificate and establish a law case against him at the competent court. You might not know this, as i don't think you have a good sense and education background to comprehend. Mind you I have not say, Dino is guilty or not.
Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by Ibifizzleboy(m): 12:22pm On Mar 22, 2017
This is the beginning of the end of sahara reporters. Sowore pls turn back from the line ur following, ur pay masters will use u and dump u. I have spoken mine
Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by mrsimzu: 2:10pm On Mar 22, 2017
Bro in the then days when system men and student unionism was stronger, and held by older people in their mid and last 30s , not now wen our schools are flooded with 14-15ys old. School authority had a limit to their power over student government, and as such took some critical measures to handle some of those aluta leaders or else you may wake up to hear a university was burned to the ground. In the case of dino, I'm an abusite, I have heard this story long before I even graduated in 2013. He really was a tough school politician who didn't want to even graduate.and I can tell you that he is one alumni ABU isn't proud of. But that doesn't mean they shouldn't come out to say the truth even if it defends him.

[Qquote author=doctokwus post=54816649] This is the worse rubbish i have read all week.
So a VC ordered forceful graduation of all student union leaders.Tell this rubbish to Biati. The relevant questions that logically follows is for Dino to show everyone his NYSC discharge or exemption certificate if he actually graduated.
Meanwhile why is it taking Dino long to produce d certificate or is he cooking up one? [/quote]
Re: Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented by g20302: 3:34pm On Mar 22, 2017
Story Story
UNIQUEISRAEL:
Dino is a graduate of ABU Zaria. I do not like him but the campaign of calumny and falsehood against him must stop. I recalled a meeting with the then VC, chief security officer Mallam Ashiru and the Dean Student affairs Doctor Tanimu. At the meeting it was resolved that all policially exposed students and unionist must be graduated for peace to reign in ABU. The VC started by asking me the SECGEN ABUSUG when am I supposed to graduate? I told him I was only in 4 hundred level law then, he then asked after so many other commrades like Anslem, Chris, Ochums, Arokoyo, Ribadu, Renshaw, Kamal, Ntom, SB, Bright, Ganzi, Kombitel, Realman, Kurfi, Kabir Mustspha, Tijani Kabir(refused to graduate and 8 years later became NANS president), Precious Abdul, MB Mustspha, Dino etc......he gave a marching order that the Dean student affairs must ensure that our types are promptly graduated and leave the school in peace and in good time. Refering to all the so called elders and Unionist of ABU then.

The case of Elder Dino as he then was, was even the worst. In truism Dino never wanted to graduate from ABU. He was benefiting handsomely and almost feeding from Unionism like many Unionist, he deliberately keep having carry overs so as to remain in ABU against the orders of the VC. Trust the smart VC Mahdi, he ensured that Dino swiftly pass all his carry overs, when Dino resisted that move by the VC, he was told by the Dean that the University has the power to pass and graduate any of it students if they are satisfy that such a student has attained sufficient learning or good character standing(whether he actually pass all his papers or not). In Dino's case , the emphasis was placed on his good character and not necessarily the waived passing.

I repeat, Dino is a bonifide graduate of ABU Zaria, Department of Geography and Faculty of Social Science. He has his genuine transcript and certificate. He might have been exempted from NYSC as he was an adult even when in school.

Bar. Ahmed Tanimu
Dean of student ABU Zaria

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shehu Sani Calls For New Census To End Estimated Figures / Buhari: We Will Improve Security, Revamp Economy Before Leaving Office / FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.