Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Senate Palava: Why We The Masses Are To Blame - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Palava: Why We The Masses Are To Blame (444 Views)

Plot To Blame Yusuf Bomoi, Dead Ex-NYSC DG For Adeosun’s Certificate Mess / Nigerians React To President Buhari's Latest Blame Video / Southern Kaduna : ''traditional Rulers Are To Blame For Killings'' - El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Palava: Why We The Masses Are To Blame by Raziii(m): 10:52am On Mar 23, 2017
Let's all pause for a minute and ask ourselves one simple but fundamental question, "who are my representatives in the National assembly?" No! Don't run straight to Google okay, just answer sincerely. Alright, time is up, I bet only a few must have answered that's correctly and I'm not one of them. Furthermore, it will shock you to know that in any given constituency, only about 30% of the population know who their representatives are.

Now that lead to my second question, if that's the case which it is, how did these Senators and Representatives get into the National assembly? Simple! We voted blindly! We voted purely across party line. Antecedents didn't matter, integrity wasn't necessary, our eyes were fixed squarely on the presidency. And now those choices are hunting us.

Speaking of integrity, that's one thing we can all agree the members of the National assembly don't have with the number of cases bothering on corruption so many of them are facing. But it will be good to note that the cases didn't start this year or 2 years ago. Infact some of the few National assembly members we know, we do because of the baggage they carry. But elections came, integrity wasn't necessary, antecedents and goodwill meant little or nothing to us. So if during the elections integrity meant nothing to us, why does it mean so much now? Its simply because we are having our fingers burnt by our actions 2 years ago. Just like someone once said, an average Nigerian doesn't really care what's good or bad as long as he benefits from it.

Its too late to wipe these so called 'representatives into line, and the process of recall is too Cumbersome and almost impossible to see through, so my take is, lets all prepare for 2019, arm ourselves with the right knowledge and vote in the right people. 2015 election looked so promising but now we look towards 2019, with regrets but making the same mistakes again could be catastrophic.
Re: Senate Palava: Why We The Masses Are To Blame by luckyz4rea(m): 11:03am On Mar 23, 2017
Raziii:
Let's all pause for a minute and ask ourselves one simple but fundamental question, "who are my representatives in the National assembly?" No! Don't run straight to Google okay, just answer sincerely. Alright, time is up, I bet only a few must have answered that's correctly and I'm not one of them. Furthermore, it will shock you to know that in any given constituency, only about 30% of the population know who their representatives are.

Now that lead to my second question, if that's the case which it is, how did these Senators and Representatives get into the National assembly? Simple! We voted blindly! We voted purely across party line. Antecedents didn't matter, integrity wasn't necessary, our eyes were fixed squarely on the presidency. And now those choices are hunting us.

Speaking of integrity, that's one thing we can all agree the National assembly doesn't have with the number of cases bothering on corruption so many of them are facing. But it will be good to note that the cases didn't start this year or 2 years ago. Infact some of the few National assembly members we know, we do because of the baggage they carry. But elections came, integrity wasn't necessary, antecedents and goodwill meant little or nothing to us. So if during the elections integrity meant nothing to us, why does it mean so much now? Its simply because we are having our fingers burnt by our actions 2 years ago. Just like someone once said, an average Nigerian doesn't really care what's good or bad as long as he benefits from it.

Its too late to wipe these so called 'representatives into line, and the process of recall is too rigid and almost impossible to start, so my take is, lets all prepare for 2019, arm ourselves with the right knowledge and vote in the right people. 2015 election looked so promising but now we look towards 2019, with regrets but making the same mistakes again could be catastrophic.

Absolutely! Thank you!
Re: Senate Palava: Why We The Masses Are To Blame by Raziii(m): 4:34pm On Mar 23, 2017
luckyz4rea:

Absolutely! Thank you!
you are welcome
Re: Senate Palava: Why We The Masses Are To Blame by Raziii(m): 4:36pm On Mar 23, 2017
Cc lalasticlala Mynd44 OAM4J

(1) (Reply)

Between Religion And Country.....? / Robinson Uwak Arrested By The Police / It Is A Sin Against Humanity!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.