Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

2-Storey Building Collapses In Enugu, Construction Workers Escape Death (Photos) - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 2-Storey Building Collapses In Enugu, Construction Workers Escape Death (Photos) (26081 Views)

19 Men Arrested As Land Grabbers Deny Story, Say They Are Construction Workers / How The 3 Storey Building Collapsed In Ibadan — Construction Workers / Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Enugu, Construction Workers Escape Death (Photos) by sorry1(m): 11:47pm On Mar 23, 2017
castel428:
which one be 'huna'. Are you a stammerer?
the guy na yoloba village champ. na so them b.
Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Enugu, Construction Workers Escape Death (Photos) by Okuda(m): 11:58pm On Mar 23, 2017
sasko:
.Nigerians with substandard materials

corruption left, right and centre

House wives are not left out, some greedy and dishonest ones inflate prices of their transaction to rub their husbands

building inspectors will rather have a kick back to make approval with out visiting the site

Govt officials will not award a contract without a certain percentage in their pocket

is it only substandard what about quarks up and down parading themselves as engineers? builders calling themselves engineers.. Just look at how money has just been wasted here. this roof alone would have cost nothing less than 3m+ and I have always said it before, Parapet is too heavy on buildings. I bet my left arse that the weight of that parapet would have been a 4% chance that building came down. The worst thing now is that this whole building has to be bulldozed because there is nothing to fix here.
Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Enugu, Construction Workers Escape Death (Photos) by lonelydora: 1:10am On Mar 24, 2017
Wow! The owner's village people at work. Collapsed after roofing? It must really hurt.
Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Enugu, Construction Workers Escape Death (Photos) by nijascammers: 1:32am On Mar 24, 2017
dig deep where did the owner got his money ?
Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Enugu, Construction Workers Escape Death (Photos) by Stevochiri: 1:39am On Mar 24, 2017
In this case, this building lack structural design and detail. main looking at building i observe that the compression resistance which is concrete is very weak and the size of reinforcement is too small to resist the dead and impose load of the slab and beam. some times settlement can cause this situation under foundation problems, sometimes we forget the condions of deflection which is the longer the span the maximum deflection.#Blder Stephen#

1 Like

Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Enugu, Construction Workers Escape Death (Photos) by Nobody: 2:29am On Mar 24, 2017
eghuan1:
But the authorities had already indicated on the wall that they should stop construction

It's not necessarily the building authority that wrote it.

Omo onile wrote stop work on my site in Ibadan.

1 Like

Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Enugu, Construction Workers Escape Death (Photos) by Nobody: 2:32am On Mar 24, 2017
Okuda:

is it only substandard what about quarks up and down parading themselves as engineers? builders calling themselves engineers.. Just look at how money has just been wasted here. this roof alone would have cost nothing less than 3m+ and I have always said it before, Parapet is too heavy on buildings. I bet my left arse that the weight of that parapet would have been a 4% chance that building came down. The worst thing now is that this whole building has to be bulldozed because there is nothing to fix here.

An interesting observation Sir.
Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Enugu, Construction Workers Escape Death (Photos) by oaroloye(m): 3:05am On Mar 24, 2017
SHALOM!

I am not an architect, but surely a building of such a size requires STEEL REINFORCEMENT?

How can mere CONCRETE be enough?
Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Enugu, Construction Workers Escape Death (Photos) by Originalsly: 3:11am On Mar 24, 2017
alobright17:
No approval was given at the site??yet the house has been roofed ,did they not noticed the building all this while?
Maybe that's why the State Commissioner is taking full responsibility or ehmmm..... is it he knows the owner and will get the state to rebuild the house?
Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Enugu, Construction Workers Escape Death (Photos) by Unconditionalov: 4:39am On Mar 24, 2017
Some DAGOTE cement is. Not good

1 Like

Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Enugu, Construction Workers Escape Death (Photos) by hysteriabox(m): 5:26am On Mar 24, 2017
Hmm
You ll see a typical doctor on TV insisting "... dont self medicate. Its dangerous. Only buy drugs from a registered pharmacy." Blah blah.
Meanwhile, that same doctor ll never get an engineer/architect to supervise his building project. He ll rather do it himsrlf and later brag of his DIY skills n multi tasking "engineer without certificate" ability

Professionalism in nigeria is largrly bastardized. When its your profession on the line, you remember how people abuse it, but when its other professions, you insist that "our universities only produce half baked graduates"

Our bane is sentiments
Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Enugu, Construction Workers Escape Death (Photos) by hysteriabox(m): 5:32am On Mar 24, 2017
Stevochiri:
In this case, this building lack structural design and detail. main looking at building i observe that the compression resistance which is concrete is very weak and the size of reinforcement is too small to resist the dead and impose load of the slab and beam. some times settlement can cause this situation under foundation problems, sometimes we forget the condions of deflection which is the longer the span the maximum deflection.#Blder Stephen#

Lol. "Looking at the building" you came up with all these deductions..? I wonder what you ll deduce when you actually go to the site n run forensics. Lol
Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Enugu, Construction Workers Escape Death (Photos) by xtervaganza(m): 6:46am On Mar 24, 2017
ohil:
We already know is for rituals. Ladies beware retualsm has been digitalized.
when will you have sense

1 Like

Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Enugu, Construction Workers Escape Death (Photos) by Psoul(m): 6:51am On Mar 24, 2017
Good for the owner. Now he will now demolish the whole building and start from the foundation again. Tell them to give house building contracts to qualified builders, they will say no. Tell them to use quality materials, they will refused only to finish the house and innocent ppl will be killed at the dead and quiet night.
Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Enugu, Construction Workers Escape Death (Photos) by money121(m): 7:10am On Mar 24, 2017
shocked shocked shocked
Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Enugu, Construction Workers Escape Death (Photos) by OLUWOLEYINKA(m): 7:25am On Mar 24, 2017
*DO YOUR STRUCTURAL DRAWINGS. CALL 08033873827, 08074488525

Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Enugu, Construction Workers Escape Death (Photos) by ufuosman(m): 8:33am On Mar 24, 2017
Thank God no body died
Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Enugu, Construction Workers Escape Death (Photos) by Okuda(m): 8:52am On Mar 24, 2017
EgunMogaji:

An interesting observation Sir.

Lol. I just dey talk my own o. I know that parapet is pure concrete and its heavy on the building and i dont like it.
Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Enugu, Construction Workers Escape Death (Photos) by Moletemike: 10:55am On Mar 24, 2017
The problem with Nigeria is that soon we will find out that the owner of this building is highly connected otherwise why will the commissioner come out to say that he is taking full responsibility for the collapse. Yeye dey smell. Soon dem go die the matter, even if somebody die there.
Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Enugu, Construction Workers Escape Death (Photos) by Moletemike: 10:57am On Mar 24, 2017
Originalsly:
Maybe that's why the State Commissioner is taking full responsibility or ehmmm..... is it he knows the owner and will get the state to rebuild the house?
For sure. I already talk am. Maybe Na the Governor himself wey own the collapsed building sef.

1 Like

Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Enugu, Construction Workers Escape Death (Photos) by Inspire08: 11:19am On Mar 24, 2017
"Although, there were no casualties but some of the workers who arrived at the site earlier sustained serious injuries."?? shocked shocked

This kind grammer sef
Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Enugu, Construction Workers Escape Death (Photos) by Cyjetty: 11:25am On Mar 24, 2017
alobright17:
No approval was given at the site??yet the house has been roofed ,did they not noticed the building all this while?

BREAKING NEWS! BREAKING NEWS! BREAKING NEWS!

It has been revealed that this building located at Nkpokiti Rd, a highbrow area of Enugu Metropolis is just one of several buildings owned by THE BROTHER OF THE GOVERNOR OF ENUGU STATE!
Several attempts are being made to control the damage there, and also to offer medical treatment to those injured on the site by the collapse at the state teaching hospital. The commissioner is under instructions not to reveal any further details about the incident, and also to shield the identity of both the owner and contractor.

1 Like

Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Enugu, Construction Workers Escape Death (Photos) by Daremee: 11:36am On Mar 24, 2017
Moletemike:
The problem with Nigeria is that soon we will find out that the owner of this building is highly connected otherwise why will the commissioner come out to say that he is taking full responsibility for the collapse. Yeye dey smell. Soon dem go die the matter, even if somebody die there.

Dats how dis people are protecting those who are suffering the masses. Imagine if somebody die in dat collapsed building. The commissioner is claiming No approval but still dem go allow the man to build because Na governor brother. I weep for dis country.
Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Enugu, Construction Workers Escape Death (Photos) by Kuriou: 11:50am On Mar 24, 2017
Cyjetty:

It has been revealed that this building located at Nkpokiti Rd, a highbrow area of Enugu Metropolis is just one of several buildings owned by THE BROTHER OF THE GOVERNOR OF ENUGU STATE!
Several attempts are being made to control the damage there, and also to offer medical treatment to those injured on the site by the collapse at the state teaching hospital. The commissioner is under instructions not to reveal any further details about the incident, and also to shield the identity of both the owner and contractor.

Am not surprised. Buhari should spread his fight against corruption to the parastatals. Soon the commissioner will be demanding bribe from every builder on that street like police checkpoint Show me ya particulars.
Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Enugu, Construction Workers Escape Death (Photos) by Swash042(m): 12:31pm On Mar 24, 2017
So one those fine new buildings @ Nkponkiti no strong. shocked
Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Enugu, Construction Workers Escape Death (Photos) by sandali: 12:42pm On Mar 24, 2017
Kuriou:

Am not surprised. Buhari should spread his fight against corruption to the parastatals. Soon the commissioner will be demanding bribe from every builder on that street like police checkpoint Show me ya particulars.

I heard that they have already start to demand 250,000 from everybody who own property in that streer so they can rebuild the house for their Oga.
Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Enugu, Construction Workers Escape Death (Photos) by alobright17(m): 12:59pm On Mar 24, 2017
Cyjetty:

what caused the collapsed
Re: 2-Storey Building Collapses In Enugu, Construction Workers Escape Death (Photos) by yabatown: 1:45pm On Mar 24, 2017
Cyjetty:

The brother is probably fronting for the governor himself. That's why that commissioner is taking full responsibility. Na wa for this country.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

!!PROMO!! We Sell Fitted Kitchen FREE Kitchen Cabinet DESIGN !!! Picture speaks / Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears / Lagos Govt Begins Demolition Of Distressed Buildings In Ebute-Metta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.