Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) (165095 Views)

Lyrics: 2face – Jeje / 2face’s African Queen Among Africa’s Most Famous Anthems / African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by Seun(m): 5:42pm On Apr 05, 2005
Related: MTV Europe Awards 2005: 2Face Idibia Is 'Best African Act'!

Here are the lyrics of the popular song 'African Queen' by 2face Idibia (some people know him as 'tuface idibia'). What do you think of the song? Is it over-rated like some people claim[b] Olufunmi[/b] is?

[I]yeah, yeah,[/I] you are my african queen, [I]oooh lord, oooh lord[/I]

just like the sun, lights up the earth, you light up my life
the only one, I've ever seen with a smile so bright
and just yesterday, you came around my way
and changed my whole scenery with your astonishing beauty

ah, you coulda make a brother sing,
you ordinary thing, a supernatural being,

I know you are just brighter than the moon
Brighter than the star, I love you just the way you are.

[I]CHORUS
and you are my African Queen, the girl of my dreams.
you take me where I've never been
you make my heart go ting-a-ling-a-ling, oh ahh
you are my African Queen, the girl of my dreams
and you remind me of a thing
and that is the African beauty yahhh[/I]

[I]yahh oooo[/I] you are my african queen,[I] oh lord, oo lord hmm[/I]
out of a million you stand as one
the outstanding one
I look into your eyes, girl what I see is paradise,

[I]yeah[/I] you captivated my soul, now everyday I want you more [I]o o oo[/I]
How can I deny this feeling I'm feeling inside
[I]ey[/I] oh no one can never take your place,
can never take your space,
thats a fact I cannot erase

and you, you are the one that makes me smile
make me float like a boat upon the nile.

[I]oooo ooooo yaahhh yahhh oooo[/I]

you are my african queen and I know, oh yes I know[I] hhn[/I]
you are my african queen and I know, see I know
See I know what I am feeling in my heart and in my soul
oh I know that it is love
And I know that this love was surely sent from up above
Cause you're the only one I think of

you are my african queen
and I know that this means that you're the only one that I will serve
I'll give you my heart, my love, my body and my money
Every other thing you think of
Who could think of anything better than you
Who could think of ever hurting you

Sacrifice my all, I'll give it all to you
cause you ar my african queen
for REAL

So black, so beautiful
I love you, I love you, I love you, [I]munyemo[/I], I love you, I love you, I love
you, munyemo, I love you, I love you,[I] ooohhh yeah[/I], my African Queen, I
love you, I love you.
Click here to drop a public comment for 2face Idibia (guest book)

1 Like

Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by Ra(f): 5:31pm On Apr 06, 2005
I'm of the personal opinion that Olufunmi is wonderful. African Queen is by no means any less wonderful. The fact that 2Face's vocal quality can not be overlooked makes it even better.

There are three songs I listen to repeatedly and 'Olufunmi' takes the first place, followed by 'African Queen' and "Oruka Ti D'owo Na". I usually leave them on while cleaning on Saturday or something. So, yes, it's really good and I don't think it's overrated.
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by Nobody: 1:49am On Apr 30, 2005
Overrated is not the word. the word is "over popular".  The song has rained too much that I'm getting sick of it. the same way I'm sick of 'Olufunmi'.  Anyway, good luck to 2face.  I envy you big time!  You're the man.

Now I know why this thread is in the list of top ten thread by views, despite only two replies, it gets so many hits via search engines http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=You+Are+My+African+Queen+lyrics+2face+Idibia .  You know, I got a blog and I keep track of my hits so I know that Nigerians and music lovers alike are crazy over 2face material on the net.
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by Seun(m): 8:30am On Apr 30, 2005
All over the world people are crazy about stars. "Britney Spears" has been the top search term on google for years!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by shillout(m): 7:44pm On May 01, 2005
I don't know what else to say, because 2Face is the bomb, over here in South Africa, they are very crazy about 2face's album, especially My African Queen, he is just too much, anytime I listen to the track, I always wish I was in Nigeria with my girl. Olufunmi is alright, but another track that I like listening to is Faze's track. I think you guys should check this website www.duduradio.com, because they always make me feel at home. Sharp.
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by Jio(m): 9:06am On May 05, 2005
Trae, I have always thought you are an artiste worth his salt but I might have to disagree with your view for once. How can you ever get tired of a classic?

Nigerian artistes have produced few classics over the years like Fela's Lady n BONN, Sonny Okosun's 'Which Way Nigeria' and Mike Okri's 'Omoge'. 2Face's 'African Queen', Sunny Nneji's 'Oruka' and Styl-Plus's 'Olufunmi' are the best songs to have come out of Nigeria in this millennium.

From your blog, I know you are more disposed to rap music, so would you rather one of Nigerian Rap Songs be rated on same level with these songs? Brother, keep it real! Let's hear it for these guys in 2004.
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by Nobody: 9:18am On May 05, 2005
I'm flattered, what more can I say? But Jio, I hope you know the saying that too much of everything is bad or familiarity breeds contempt. For me, I have to rest 'African Queen', so that when I listen to it again in the next two/three months it'll be music to my ears once again.

Jio: Trae, I have always thought you are an artiste worth his salt but I might have to disagree with your view for once ... From your blog, I know you are more disposed to rap music, so would you rather one of Nigerian Rap Songs be rated on same level with these songs? Brother, keep it real! Let's hear it for these guys in 2004.
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by odunayo: 1:52pm On May 05, 2005
I want to be able to listen to the 2face songs on my account.
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by Seun(m): 2:06pm On May 17, 2005
Odunayo, to play 'African Queen' on your PC right now, just go to the official website and wait for 5-25 minutes depending on the speed of your Internet connection, and you will hear the song on your PC.

We're working on making it possible for our members to listen to Nigerian music from their accounts, but we want to do it in a legal manner, without violating any laws.
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by AMENZEIGBINEDION(f): 7:33pm On May 19, 2005
Well I do like this song a lot, there is a deep meaning behind those lyrics.

He talks about the beauty of a black women. He is proud of where he comes from an African man, he puts a number of ideas into one song. If someone sang that to me it would at least put a smile on my face.

Would you rather him sing about a tall blonde women, or something meaningless. I mean girls are always complaining of how unromantic guys can be. There are so many different angles to look at this song, I could strip it of every layer but that would take forever.

Everyone interpret it as you like and find you own individual meaning. I am sure that everyone can relate to it in some shape or form.
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by bolasho(m): 11:53am On May 23, 2005
Hi
Am Omobolanle, am new to the site/forum, am really impressed. Talking about African Queen, whatever popularity or rating the song is getting now is well deserve. The song is a true reflection of the African beauty - the lyrics, the composition everything about it.
To my man Tuface - please dont stop what you doing, the sky is the limit - na grammies I dey expect u to go get now cos nothing dey happen and we are 4geda
One love
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by physpamac: 2:46pm On May 24, 2005
Hi ,
I am physpamac and new in this forum. talking about about african queen, I think 2face has done something wonderful. He has served as an eye uponer to most of us and today, I must say that I am proud for I know our ladies are all queens and should be treated as such.

2Face's voice is so thrilling and all I ahve to say is for him to keep making proud .

I am always touched and marked each time I listen to African Queen.

Thanks for doing what you do.
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by hotpikin(f): 10:22pm On May 24, 2005
seun: Is it over-rated like some people claim Olufunmi is?
Yes, yes, yes! The song is [I]too[/I] overated!
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by love4ever(f): 10:58am On Jun 08, 2005
hey my nigerian singer are 2 face and i might also consider styleplus there are good and that is the real thing about them i love thm so much
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by Chigszy(f): 5:37pm On Jun 08, 2005
WOW i heard this song n i fell in love with it!!! like i said before this song deserves an award!!! nah many awards!!! why can't men be more like that and cherish women that way (of course we will do the same too) reciprocal?!!
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 08, 2005
I loved the song the first time i heard it, but when i heard the whole album, personally , i feel there are songs on it. All in all, he rocks! cheesy
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by IAH(f): 8:52pm On Jun 20, 2005
I think the guy is kinda cute.
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by Pinky(f): 10:34pm On Jun 20, 2005
trae_z:

I'm flattered, what more can I say?  But Jio, I hope you know the saying that too much of everything is bad or familiarity breeds contempt.  For me, I have to rest 'African Queen', so that when I listen to it again in the next two/three months it'll be music to my ears once again.
this is how i am too, i mite like the song alot but i can never keep listening to it .........i will need a big rest so it wil be music to my ears after sometime...as long as i don't know the wordings of a song, i will keep listening & enjoying it but from day 1 i know the lyrics, that's bye bye to the song
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by Pinky(f): 10:35pm On Jun 20, 2005
& then.. that African queen in the video is his sister, aint she very pretty with her hair cut? cool shocked
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by hotangel2(f): 7:18am On Jun 22, 2005
hmm, african queen. Good good. But oh me gosh, have y'all seen how american kids are crazy about, Call my name by styl plus. The song is all english and they love it so much. this Nigeria guy has sold alot of their copies. and i know so many white folks and african americans that love it. Call my name is tha bomb.
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by olufunmi(f): 4:04pm On Jun 24, 2005
it is not over rated oh at all, olufunmi is da 'bomb' now.
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by Greatpeter(m): 7:12pm On Jun 25, 2005
2face? Only the African queen track is good the rest gosh!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by fataiiyo(m): 8:10am On Jul 04, 2005
i realy gbadun the song too much even any time i hear the it realy make me happy in a sence that i will be thinking of my gf
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by nddy(m): 3:23pm On Aug 07, 2005
2face to me is the African Hip-pop legend. I refer to him as African Usher. Broda keep it up and also keep it real.
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by nike4luv(f): 3:41pm On Aug 07, 2005
o yea..i cant pass one day without listening to his song..hes just like usher but de difference is dat i'm ushers fiance wink
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by lolade(f): 4:45pm On Aug 07, 2005
I love the song too. The song is full of passion. Styl-plus are not bad too.
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by Latoya(f): 6:10am On Aug 09, 2005
i want a guy to sing that song to,plz
or maybe write it. wink
That song rocks
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by hotangel2(f): 12:04am On Aug 10, 2005
I am sure she "saw" that. smiley wink
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by nike4luv(f): 1:14am On Aug 10, 2005
any1 heard more of his songs..he sang on wit beanie man and he sang in right here or summin..dis guy is really growing y'all

an actor, a singer, and a hot guy..IMPRESSIVE grin
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by Latoya(f): 2:13am On Aug 10, 2005
Hey,who sang a voice with beanie man?

seun u no one hear my voice,because if u do u go just melt. wink
Seun:

Sing it to me. Just record your voice and send it to my box grin.
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by nike4luv(f): 2:15am On Aug 10, 2005
2face featured beanie man in his song..dey both rock
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by abasi(m): 7:26pm On Sep 06, 2005

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Download Your Free Naija Gospel Songs Here / New Music - Wizkid & Skales - It Wasn't Me (free Download) / OFFICIAL Request Naija Music Thread!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.