Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) (165280 Views)

Lyrics: 2face – Jeje / 2face’s African Queen Among Africa’s Most Famous Anthems / African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by Goodas: 12:23am On Jul 28, 2006
i would like to know the meaning of the word 'munyemo' its in the song African Queen the African guy sing it his name is 2face idibia? so if anyone out their who know i would like 2 know because that song so so gooooood!!!!!
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by kellorah: 12:54am On Jul 28, 2006
my wife. that's what it means
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by emforsuhaz(m): 3:33pm On Aug 04, 2006
wink2 face is a new uprising star,I just pray that God should grease his elbows the more so that he should not end like many who started from grace n ended in grass. cheesy
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by bennks7: 3:00pm On Aug 10, 2006
The song from 2face idibia,you are my african queen it's a song that i can listen to anytime anyday.
it's grate song for African Lady.
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by CHRISTEL(f): 6:43pm On Aug 10, 2006
hi guys, what gives? my favorite nigerian song,
i can't go a day without listenning to it.
more grace to his elbows kiss kiss
hallat me
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by Beautygyal(f): 3:20pm On Sep 04, 2006
Hiya am from london, and i heard the song african queen on OBE on sky, man, that song is sumthing else the tune the everything is so different, man, i got speechless wen i heard it. Keep the good work up and i would surely like to meet you. But for the moment, stay bless and keep da good work up. God bless
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by faze3(m): 9:33pm On Sep 10, 2006
wack is the word im lukin 4
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by palemo: 1:11am On Sep 21, 2006
is african queen a reggae type of music or not??jst askin coz i fink it is bt ma m8 is telin me dat it isn't,
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by jammin(m): 8:00pm On Sep 21, 2006
i see you all talking about this song so i decided to take a listen. i'm gonna play it now and tell you what i think. i will also take a listen to the one he did with beenieman and give my critique
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by Radiant(f): 8:02pm On Sep 21, 2006
jammin:

i see you all talking about this song so i decided to take a listen. i'm going to play it now and tell you what i think. i will also take a listen to the one he did with beenieman and give my critique

who cares? undecided tongue grin
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by jammin(m): 8:23pm On Sep 21, 2006
my critique
outside of the fact that the song is extoling the virtues of Black Women, i cannot see anything unique about it. firstly the genre is adopted(it has a 100% reggae flavour) and it is not original in concept. i've heard 100s of song with the Exact same riddim/rhythm. songs like that are a dime a dozen. somebody went DEEP into their pockets to promote this one. sorry if i am offending anyone, that is not my intention. I however, am voicing an opinion which i consider to be unbiased and honest.
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by smilingjee(m): 7:15pm On Sep 24, 2006
The song was good enough to earn him a reputable award, atleast giving a reply to unfavourable critisism.
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by smilingjee(m): 7:16pm On Sep 24, 2006
criticism rather
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by jammin(m): 8:53pm On Sep 24, 2006
no offence taken. thats another thing. if you're reffering to the music award over in the US, those things are sometimes not authentic. here how it works; sign a new artist that seem to have potential. pay him chicken feed (because he's not truly established), and promote him as the greatest thing since slice bread. if sales on his record allow you to recoup your investment, great! you proceed to get him an award(buying it of course) if he flops, dump him.
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by Radiant(f): 12:06am On Sep 25, 2006
Jammin, thanks for your info but I won't buy that from you. undecided 2face deserved the award and that's it. You people never appreciate "a job well done" angry At the time 2face won the award, which African artist deserved it other than him? Sign, promote and dump my cute bum undecided
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by jammin(m): 12:29am On Sep 25, 2006
that i cannot answer. i was only saying what could be apossibility.
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by Radiant(f): 12:33am On Sep 25, 2006
Ok! Better that way. smiley
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by hotbeauty: 12:36am On Sep 27, 2006
The song African Queen is so awsome and it is so not over rated. 2face Idibia is so the bomb. I would like a guy to sing a song like that to me, or write one about me. When i listen 2 it it makes me feel special, like an african qeen.
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by dblock(m): 1:05am On Sep 27, 2006
[s]I am seriously gonna become a sniper and shoot that tuface[/s], you don't make a good song only to make crappy ones later i'm so fuming, he cares more about himself than his fans
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by Radiant(f): 1:07am On Sep 27, 2006
awwwww poor fan shocked shocked shocked tongue
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by dblock(m): 1:31am On Sep 27, 2006
are ya been sarcastic or do you really mean it wink
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by Radiant(f): 1:32pm On Sep 27, 2006
you choose grin grin grin
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by lovely1: 12:31am On Sep 28, 2006
[color=#000099][/color]I dont even kno anything about nigerian songs are artist i just heard the song on phat girls and loved it and yea really you can never get tired of that song.
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by naija116(f): 4:06am On Sep 28, 2006
abeg i no wan peson who go jus dey talk anyhow for my husband innocent kiss, his first album was on point and his second album will be just as good or even better. cheesy smiley

Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by dblock(m): 4:15am On Sep 28, 2006
His singing aint to bad, but all he could win was african category, if i wanted to sing i would win best artist global and african, but nahh i'll stick with architecture
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by naija116(f): 4:22am On Sep 28, 2006
lets not hate, but instead congratulate the success of our brothers and sisters. 2face made a break-through in the way african and not just nigerian musicians are viewed all around the world and i think we should at least give him the due props for that!
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by dblock(m): 4:26am On Sep 28, 2006
The problem with nigerian artists is that they don't build on success, instead they spend like crazy, that's partly the reason why nigerian music videos suck, take for example Awilo, his first video was poorly produced, he made cash outta it made a second better produced video, I bet Tuface spent all of his earnings on cars and junk food,hmmmmmmmmmmm junk food hmmmmmmmm pizza, Pizza is Gods promise on earth, all things on earth are contaminated by the worldly sin but Pizza
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by Divagal(f): 1:31am On Sep 30, 2006
tio think the song is nice but it got too much airplay.
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by Radiant(f): 1:39am On Sep 30, 2006
Errrmmmm it's not munyemo undecided it's nwunye mu o wink Ibo scholars una deh feel me so? wink grin
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by naija116(f): 1:43am On Sep 30, 2006
@ radiant: thanks for the correction cause people have been getting it wrong for so long, igbo kwenu!
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by Radiant(f): 1:46am On Sep 30, 2006
naija116:

igbo kwenu!

Yaaa! Na today wink
Re: 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) by surfaholics: 11:50pm On Oct 06, 2006
Hello! I just want to say that i just love the song "African Queen" by 2Face Idibia. And now I just listen to the song every now and then. I'm not an African but I'm one of the descendents from Africa and I live in Fiji which is in the South Pacific. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Download Your Free Naija Gospel Songs Here / New Music - Wizkid & Skales - It Wasn't Me (free Download) / OFFICIAL Request Naija Music Thread!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.