Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,280 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? (8869 Views)

The Vatican Removed 14 Books From The Bible In 1684 With No Real Explanation / Nigerian Catholic Bishops Meet With Pope Francis At The Vatican. Photos / Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by hahn(m): 4:15pm On Mar 26, 2017
Ubenedictus:
Are u sure ''EVERYTHING'' in the bible is a lie? or are u exagerating.

Enlighten me, name one story in the bible that actually happened
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by Ubenedictus(m): 5:00pm On Mar 26, 2017
hahn:

Enlighten me, name one story in the bible that actually happened
Did u try d one on d death of Jesus?
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by hahn(m): 5:03pm On Mar 26, 2017
Ubenedictus:
Did u try d one on d death of Jesus?

Jesus never existed. The story is a Roman construct

Next
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by CatfishBilly: 5:06pm On Mar 26, 2017
Please can we have this debate? Please please.
Did Jesus exist or not.
I already did with Wilgrea.7, I want a bigger audience
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by Ubenedictus(m): 5:15pm On Mar 26, 2017
hahn:

Jesus never existed. The story is a Roman construct
Next
Now i know u are joking.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by hahn(m): 5:18pm On Mar 26, 2017
Ubenedictus:
Now i know u are joking.

Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by Freeman147(m): 6:31pm On Mar 26, 2017
Ubenedictus:
Now i know u are joking.

@ haha, nice insight... Let's not be too agnostic about the existence of Jesus of Nazareth, (It may interest you to cross reference H.G. Wells Classic, A Short History of The World, 1922), that Jesus was neither Caucasian, Blonde, Blue Eyed, Tall, nor Handsome, he was Black Eyed, had Jet Black-Bald Hairline, had a Hump, and walked with a Staff, because of his Hump et al.,.

Of course his life has historic mention, even though most, if not all his activities were exaggerated to suit European Imperial Interest.

Gun Boat diplomacy, employed by Elizabeth I (1533-1603) the so called 'Virgin Queen', using the 'bible and the sword' to 'pacify' locals all over the World, from Ireland to India, New Indies(Americas) to the Scramble for Africa(Berlin Conference) in 1884 by Otto Van Bismarck, to tectonically (with German efficiency) organize there 'Lucrative Heist' and 'Imperial Rape' of Afrika.

Her half Brother(Heir Apparent) from Henry VIII, King James I, only made the scheme better by compiling the various scrolls and tracts in 1611, after his coronation to initiate the King James Version (KJV).

Were early 'Christians'(followers) not termed Terrorist? What was Paul(Saul)'s citation pre conversation? Wasn't he a prosecutor? Or a turn-coat? One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

'Afrika must wake up' ... Peace!
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by oyejideogunjumo: 6:56pm On Mar 26, 2017
Ubenedictus:
Not really.
Then what? If u have ur reasons state them.
Remember to whom much is given much is expected .The 66 we have in the Protestant Bible becomes difficult to obey not to talk of 80 books or more.
State the reasons and let us examine them.
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by LordCenturion(m): 7:06pm On Mar 26, 2017
Ubenedictus:
Now i know u are joking.

@ hahn Hahn, unfortunately Jesus(Yeoshua) was alive during the time of Abraham, Solomon, David, Adam and others,he played tricks on those people I mentioned above especially Abraham, Faulkin (Yeoshua) is a disaster to entire earth ,although, he later died and was reincarnated as Zeazeus (Jesus)...
His 2nd coming as Jesus(Yeoshua) is a problem to humanity ,Jesus is a terrorist and master of trickster, human beings love to worship terrorists(or tricksters) because we see them as more powerful,,his 3rd and last coming to earth as Muhammid is a threat to humanity he killed many people, but he tried to repent before his master killed him..
U know what, u can check everything about Faulkin here if u have never read it before
https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/doctrine-ufos

As for what Solomon said up there "Wisdom of Solomon" I think (Otem) Otemanuduno can help us here

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by hahn(m): 7:20pm On Mar 26, 2017
LordCenturion:

@ hahn Hahn, unfortunately Jesus(Yeoshua) was alive during the time of Abraham, Solomon, David, Adam and others,he played tricks on those people I mentioned above especially Abraham, Faulkin (Yeoshua) is a disaster to entire earth ,although, he later died and was reincarnated as Zeazeus (Jesus)...
His 2nd coming as Jesus(Yeoshua) is a problem to humanity ,Jesus is a terrorist and master of trickster, human beings love to worship terrorists(or tricksters) because we see them as more powerful,,his 3rd and last coming to earth as Muhammid is a threat to humanity he killed many people, but he tried to repent before his master killed him..
U know what, u can check everything about Faulkin here if u have never read it before
https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/doctrine-ufos

As for what Solomon said up there "Wisdom of Solomon" I think (Otem) Otemanuduno can help us here

Lol. Puff and pass bro grin
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by Ubenedictus(m): 7:58pm On Mar 27, 2017
oyejideogunjumo:

Then what? If u have ur reasons state them.
Remember to whom much is given much is expected .The 66 we have in the Protestant Bible becomes difficult to obey not to talk of 80 books or more.
State the reasons and let us examine them.
I already stated them, did u miss d post. it was martin luther who propose that the books should be deleted from d bible abt 1000yrs after they were canonised, he gave 2 main reasons.
1. he disagreed with what they taught.
2. some jews didnt recognise d books.
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by oyejideogunjumo: 8:49am On Mar 28, 2017
Ubenedictus:
I already stated them, did u miss d post. it was martin luther who propose that the books should be deleted from d bible abt 1000yrs after they were canonised, he gave 2 main reasons.
1. he disagreed with what they taught.
2. some jews didnt recognise d books.
I know the issue of Martin Luther that led to the breaking away to found Anglican Church around 1492 or so.He proposed that Pope was a human being and shouldn't be confessed to.The righteous shall live by faith.
But how he influenced the removal of the books I may not answer now bt I know some books that were not part of the bible at the beginning were kept bt Roman Catholic and The Church of latter day saints founded by Branham born in 1830& died in 1863.
It boils down to the same thing,Authorship&purpose of writing/_teaching. Am a Pastor I believe in the Divinity of the Bible&will never change my stand on it.
D bible is inspired word of God.
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by EvangelistNdudi(m): 1:08pm On Mar 28, 2017
Ubenedictus:
In those verse solomon doesnt apear to be wicked instead he is telling us how the wicked think.
v1 And this is the false argument they use, 'Our life is short and dreary, there is no remedy when our end comes, no one is known to have
come back from Hades.

IN VERSE 1 he begins by telling us d way d wicked justify their sins
SEE HOW HE CONCLUDES THE CHAPTER

21 This is the way they reason, but they are misled, since their malice makes them blind. 22 They do not know the hidden things of God, they do not hope for the reward of holiness, they do not believe in a reward for blameless souls. 23 For God created human beings to be immortal, he made them as an image of his own nature; 24 Death came into the world only through the Devil's envy, as those who belong to him find
to their cost. www.catholic.org/bible/book.php?bible_chapter=2&id=27
please my friend, what is the name of this"Catholic Bible" i will need to get one
and can i buy it any where or there is a specific place to get it?

thanks
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by Ubenedictus(m): 6:01pm On Mar 28, 2017
EvangelistNdudi:
please my friend, what is the name of this"Catholic Bible" i will need to get one
and can i buy it any where or there is a specific place to get it?

thanks
Just the way u have different editions of the protestant bible so it is for d catholic bible.
The most common edition in nigeria is the goodnews bible, you can get that one in most xtian bookshops. Or you can simply ask any catholic you know to buy one for u from d church.
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by NoWorries7(m): 7:30pm On Mar 28, 2017
Your question should have been: Why did the Catholic Church, add 14 books to the Bible?
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by Ubenedictus(m): 9:27pm On Mar 28, 2017
NoWorries7:
Your question should have been: Why did the Catholic Church, add 14 books to the Bible?
The catholic church didnt add, those books have been there since the canonisation of the bible.
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by Ubenedictus(m): 9:40pm On Mar 28, 2017
The funny thing is that there will be no jehova witness if martin luther and co didnt remove those book.
doctrines like the immortality of the soul, etc are found clearly in those books. Wisdom 2:23 For God created human beings to be immortal, he made them as an image of his own nature; wisdom 3 :1 But the souls of the upright are in the hands of God, and no torment can touch them. 2 To the unenlightened, they appeared to die, their departure was regarded as disaster, 3 their leaving us like annihilation; but they are at peace. 4 If, as it seemed to us, they suffered punishment, their hope was rich with immortality; 5 slight was their correction, great will their blessings be. God was putting them to the test and has proved them worthy to be with him; 6 he has tested them like gold in a furnace, and accepted them as a perfect burnt offering.

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:35am On Sep 06, 2017
be careful not to speak with too much authority about things you don't know much about l.
oyejideogunjumo:
I know the issue of Martin Luther that led to the breaking away to found Anglican Church around 1492 or so.He proposed that Pope was a human being and shouldn't be confessed to.The righteous shall live by faith.
But how he influenced the removal of the books I may not answer now bt I know some books that were not part of the bible at the beginning were kept bt Roman Catholic and The Church of latter day saints founded by Branham born in 1830& died in 1863.
It boils down to the same thing,Authorship&purpose of writing/_teaching. Am a Pastor I believe in the Divinity of the Bible&will never change my stand on it.
D bible is inspired word of God.
Martin Luther founded the Lutheran church not the Anglican church as you claim. his church still do confession till today. he didn't teach the just shall live by faith, he taught "the just shall live by faith ALONE" he even added the word alone into his Bible.
the Catholic church didn't ever add any books that weren't part of the canon of hippo and Carthage, every book in the Catholic Bible were those canonised.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by analice107: 12:41pm On Sep 06, 2017
Temidayo9:
Hnmmm. The ones wey remains, we never follow and obey them finish, you dey ask why dem remove some
My dear, i have the Bible with those books, they hardly relate with other Bible books. Judith for instance, stands alone and even contradicts some books like Jeremiah Daniel and Nehemiah.

The Cities mentioned there never existed outside that book, the names mentioned there, History doesn't know them, unlike those in Jeremiah, Daniel and Nehemiah
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by Ubenedictus(m): 1:42pm On Sep 07, 2017
analice107:

My dear, i have the Bible with those books, they hardly relate with other Bible books. Judith for instance, stands alone and even contradicts some books like Jeremiah Daniel and Nehemiah.

The Cities mentioned there never existed outside that book, the names mentioned there, History doesn't know them, unlike those in Jeremiah, Daniel and Nehemiah
this happens to people who treat the bible like a history book... the Bible is not a history book and it does contradict itself sometimes, the bible isn't a book for archeology, history, or even geographical fact... it may contain such as accidentals but the Bible isn't primarily a history book or an archeological book or geography book it is a covenant book and it details the relationship between God and his people in whatever genre the writer is inspired to use.

now with that information maybe you can now go back and read Judith and see in it the expression of faith in God who saves mightily even through human instruments.
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by johnydon22(m): 3:01pm On Sep 07, 2017
Ubenedictus:
this happens to people who treat the bible like a history book... the Bible is not a history book and it does contradict itself sometimes, the bible isn't a book for archeology, history, or even geographical fact... it may contain such as accidentals but the Bible isn't primarily a history book or an archeological book or geography book it is a covenant book and it details the relationship between God and his people in whatever genre the writer is inspired to use.

now with that information maybe you can now go back and read Judith and see in it the expression of faith in God who saves mightily even through human instruments.

In other words the bible is more theological than historical
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by Ubenedictus(m): 6:10pm On Sep 07, 2017
johnydon22:

In other words the bible is more theological than historical
Amen
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by johnydon22(m): 6:33pm On Sep 07, 2017
Ubenedictus:
Amen
my sentiments exactly

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Has God Done For You In 2017; That Deserves His Praise? / Does The Christian God Actually Exist? / Interested In Moderating This Section?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.