Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

Ife Arrest: Ooni Should Speak Up Now Or Relinquish His Position As Arole O'odua - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ife Arrest: Ooni Should Speak Up Now Or Relinquish His Position As Arole O'odua (986 Views)

Eri Festival: Ooni Of Ife, 25 African Americans To Storm Anambra / Silekunola Naomi Ogunwusi Biography, Age, Ooni Of Ife Prophetess Wife / Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Clash At Traditional Rulers’ Council Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ife Arrest: Ooni Should Speak Up Now Or Relinquish His Position As Arole O'odua by emmasege: 10:17am On Mar 24, 2017
I call on all true sons and daughters of Yoruba to mount pressure on the new Ooni to start speaking as a representative of O'odua. His silence over the one-sided arrest of Yorubas including one of the monarchs of Ife land, is deafening.

Is it not disappointing that virtually every true leader of Yoruba land has condemned the one-sided arrest save APC leaders and our highly reverred Ooni?

Is Oonirisa now playing politics with the lives of Ife residents and Yorubas by choosing to keep mute when it matters most? Maybe he should read what mordecai told Esther in Esther 4: 13-14.

Would this kind of arrest have been made in the northern part of Nigeria without consequences?

Oonirisa should see himself as one, and the voice of Yorubas. Talk on the streets of Ife indicates that he's dancing to the tune of the likes of Aregbesola who's a confirmed Ebira man but imposed on the good people of Osun State, thanks to Tinubu.
Re: Ife Arrest: Ooni Should Speak Up Now Or Relinquish His Position As Arole O'odua by Akwaudene87(m): 11:03am On Mar 24, 2017
Are you saying oni is now a Carward cheesy
Re: Ife Arrest: Ooni Should Speak Up Now Or Relinquish His Position As Arole O'odua by orisa37: 11:31am On Mar 24, 2017
Aregbesola is The Stumbling Block now.
Re: Ife Arrest: Ooni Should Speak Up Now Or Relinquish His Position As Arole O'odua by rajkrm(m): 12:04pm On Mar 24, 2017
Re: Ife Arrest: Ooni Should Speak Up Now Or Relinquish His Position As Arole O'odua by Sammy07: 12:18pm On Mar 24, 2017
Front page please

1 Like

Re: Ife Arrest: Ooni Should Speak Up Now Or Relinquish His Position As Arole O'odua by YonkijiSappo: 12:28pm On Mar 24, 2017
Source?
Re: Ife Arrest: Ooni Should Speak Up Now Or Relinquish His Position As Arole O'odua by emmasege: 1:44pm On Mar 24, 2017
YonkijiSappo:
Source?
Personal opinion
Re: Ife Arrest: Ooni Should Speak Up Now Or Relinquish His Position As Arole O'odua by emmasege: 1:47pm On Mar 24, 2017
Akwaudene87:
Are you saying oni is now a Carward cheesy
No, but he needs to start acting decisively and speak authoritatively where and when necessary. Abi, what's the use of that long staff he carries about if he can't speak in defence of Yorubas when it matters most?

1 Like

Re: Ife Arrest: Ooni Should Speak Up Now Or Relinquish His Position As Arole O'odua by Eziokwuegbuozoo: 2:07pm On Mar 24, 2017
Does it matter if he's OOOOOOni or not, an average afonja is always a coward and naturally created for servitude. Since his enthronement he has been making headlines upandan grin and I thought he was the prominent mouthpiece of brown roof kingdom, but I'm surprised that the man had suddenly become irrelevant when are where it matters. Nawaao!

Just watch as they will come after me grin grin
Re: Ife Arrest: Ooni Should Speak Up Now Or Relinquish His Position As Arole O'odua by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 24, 2017
emmasege:
I call on all true sons and daughters of Yoruba to mount pressure on the new Ooni to start speaking as a representative of O'odua. His silence over the one-sided arrest of Yorubas including one of the monarchs of Ife land, is deafening.

Is it not disappointing that virtually every true leader of Yoruba land has condemned the one-sided arrest save APC leaders and our highly reverred Ooni?

Is Oonirisa now playing politics with the lives of Ife residents and Yorubas by choosing to keep mute when it matters most? Maybe he should read what mordecai told Esther in Esther 4: 13-14.

Would this kind of arrest have been made in the northern part of Nigeria without consequences?

Oonirisa should see himself as one, and the voice of Yorubas. Talk on the streets of Ife indicates that he's dancing to the tune of the likes of Aregbesola who's a confirmed Ebira man but imposed on the good people of Osun State, thanks to Tinubu.
The ooni was imposed on ife by tinubu. He is helpless and just a figurehead. The last ooni gave tinubu a hard time, and they called him PDP oba. Now an APC oba is been imposed.
Re: Ife Arrest: Ooni Should Speak Up Now Or Relinquish His Position As Arole O'odua by emmasege: 4:46pm On Mar 24, 2017
shinarambo1:

The ooni was imposed on ife by tinubu. He is helpless and just a figurehead. The last ooni gave tinubu a hard time, and they called him PDP oba. Now an APC oba is been imposed.
hmmmm
Re: Ife Arrest: Ooni Should Speak Up Now Or Relinquish His Position As Arole O'odua by Olu317(m): 2:04pm On Mar 25, 2017
shinarambo1:

Stop this opinion out of anger and love for your ILE IFE. We all do love ILE IFE. However, Ori ni gbo gbo nkan laaye yi. Ibi ti ori yan fun Ooni Ogunwusi niyen. He is not the personality to speak openly about this issue. But Yoruba mouth piece have been doing it. It is well with Odua sons and daughters by the power of Eledumare.
Re: Ife Arrest: Ooni Should Speak Up Now Or Relinquish His Position As Arole O'odua by Nobody: 5:53am On Mar 26, 2017
Olu317:
Stop this opinion out of anger and love for your ILE IFE. We all do love ILE IFE. However, Ori ni gbo gbo nkan laaye yi. Ibi ti ori yan fun Ooni Ogunwusi niyen. He is not the personality to speak openly about this issue. But Yoruba mouth piece have been doing it. It is well with Odua sons and daughters by the power of Eledumare.

I am not angry, and I don't even live in Nigeria neither do I get fed by the anyone in Nigeria. I only speak for the love I have for Ife, the city where I was born. I expect the Ooni to atleast say something about this loop sided arrest. The Hausa Emirs would be quick to speak out against such injustice if the tables were turned, why should our own case be different. It is an embarrassment to indigenes of ife that a royal father who is also a great grand son of a previous Ooni (Lawarikan Ademiluyi, the Ooni before Aderemi) was among those being paraded as criminals in Abuja.
Re: Ife Arrest: Ooni Should Speak Up Now Or Relinquish His Position As Arole O'odua by Olu317(m): 7:48am On Mar 26, 2017

I am not angry, and I don't even live in Nigeria neither do I get fed by the anyone in Nigeria. I only speak for the love I have for Ife, the city where I was born. I expect the Ooni to atleast say something about this loop sided arrest. The Hausa Emirs would be quick to speak out against such injustice if the tables were turned, why should our own case be different. It is an embarrassment to indigenes of ife that a royal father who is also a great grand son of a previous Ooni (Lawarikan Ademiluyi, the Ooni before Aderemi) was among those being paraded as criminals in Abuja.
Haaaa! hmm, it is indeed an insult on our heritage. It is also saddening that such prince will be paraded. However, I am 100% sure Yoruba at the Federal government security agencies won't fold their hands to this perilous challenges. By the grace of our forefathers almighty God, they shall become free very soon. The Nigeria of today isn't a country at all but aberration.

(1) (Reply)

Ooni And Alaafin Meet. Read What Alaafin Said About Empire Builders / Why Aren't Nigerian Women Respected? / My Fellow Nigerians How Are You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.