Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,862 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

Ooni Ogunwusi & His Wife Collect Offering At A Church In UK (Photos) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Ogunwusi & His Wife Collect Offering At A Church In UK (Photos) (51260 Views)

Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace / Ooni Ogunwusi And Silekunola Moronke Naomi's First Outing (Picture) / Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi & His Wife Collect Offering At A Church In UK (Photos) by HopeAtHand: 4:03pm On Mar 24, 2017
na Wah. After presiding over unwholesome violence in ile-ife, the Ooni has cowardly retreated to UK to avoid being arrested by Hausa-Fulani led Nigeria Police.

He has now subjected himself to houseboy work in London church. Cowardice.

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi & His Wife Collect Offering At A Church In UK (Photos) by enoitid: 4:03pm On Mar 24, 2017
Ok
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi & His Wife Collect Offering At A Church In UK (Photos) by victorv12(m): 4:03pm On Mar 24, 2017
This man should stop disgracing our culture! I think some of our history professors or senior citizens from the Yoruba Elders council should call him to order. He's just going around and parading himself as a slave.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi & His Wife Collect Offering At A Church In UK (Photos) by KAYD007(m): 4:05pm On Mar 24, 2017
The dearth of Yoruba culture examplified by the Oni of Ife.

The bini King cannot try this!

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi & His Wife Collect Offering At A Church In UK (Photos) by Odkosh: 4:05pm On Mar 24, 2017
for the first time, am forced to call this oba stupid. thank God am from ondo. we are not as useless as this. they are arresting your ppl for a fight that took place between two parties, and only ur ppl are being arrested, you kept kwayet and ur are collecting useless tight in UK. I repeat, u are useless.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi & His Wife Collect Offering At A Church In UK (Photos) by SIRmanjar(m): 4:05pm On Mar 24, 2017
maestroz:
Chai! See pounds wen Naija dey recession.
Hahahaha..Make oni nogo finger de money o.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi & His Wife Collect Offering At A Church In UK (Photos) by oviejnr(m): 4:06pm On Mar 24, 2017
Moneyyy:
He's in church, why is his head covered? Why have a cap on his head while in church?
Once a king is crowned, no one can see his head. Thats the tradition of the yoruba race.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi & His Wife Collect Offering At A Church In UK (Photos) by 0b10010011: 4:07pm On Mar 24, 2017
shinarambo1:
chai. A whole Arole Odua. The only speaking orisha in yoruba land. Lol.
This man serves 2 masters or 3 masters sef. i cant even Imagine the Oba of benin doing such.
Royalty get levels.

The Oba is the head of all religions and has a right to be anywhere! He visits and. Pays right to so many gods in a year and I don't see what makes christianity different.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi & His Wife Collect Offering At A Church In UK (Photos) by napoleon77(m): 4:09pm On Mar 24, 2017
0b10010011:

The Oba is the head of all religions and has a right to be anywhere!

So he is head of Christianity and Islam?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi & His Wife Collect Offering At A Church In UK (Photos) by Vanessa88(f): 4:09pm On Mar 24, 2017
He obviously doesn't know his bearing
Choose ye this day whom you will serve

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi & His Wife Collect Offering At A Church In UK (Photos) by figure007(m): 4:12pm On Mar 24, 2017
You said its unbelievable for him to have carried the tray of money?? Ahhh.. You people self ....you are referring to ordinary clay who God can decide to do whatever pleases him with.. A mortal being.... Go and ask king Herod what happened to him ....anyway the king did well but ehhhh.. Black tradition and Christianity ain't In line.... I understand what am saying you might not ..
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi & His Wife Collect Offering At A Church In UK (Photos) by martineverest(m): 4:12pm On Mar 24, 2017
I'm Ashamed of this King as an African

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi & His Wife Collect Offering At A Church In UK (Photos) by Nigeriadondie: 4:14pm On Mar 24, 2017
A traditional ruler who is a custodian of the traditions of the land which includes juju practices and sacrifices to the gods of the land. Well the Holy Bible is clear. Read 1 Corinthians 10:20,21, Deuteronomy 32:17; Matthew 6:24;
For many churches like the white garment church the line between demonism and christianity is so thin. Infact they are merged as one and that is no christianity
Serve God and leave demonic practices or leave God and serve the demons well well.
The choice is yours. Joshua 24:14,15
I no judge na Bible talk am
Also putting his cap on speaks of the "god" being worshipped.
Also before God no one is given preferential treatment. Read Matthew 23:8; James 2:1-11
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi & His Wife Collect Offering At A Church In UK (Photos) by 0b10010011: 4:14pm On Mar 24, 2017
napoleon77:

So he is head of Christianity and Islam?

Yes! Oba ni olori oun gbogbo!
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi & His Wife Collect Offering At A Church In UK (Photos) by bosstech(m): 4:15pm On Mar 24, 2017
He is a king who acknowledge d king of kings.. ....may u reign longer Dan ur Ancestors
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi & His Wife Collect Offering At A Church In UK (Photos) by KingSango(m): 4:16pm On Mar 24, 2017
Moneyyy:
He's in church, why is his head covered? Why have a cap on his head while in church?

Are you in position to tell the Chief of Ile Ife when he is to wear his crown hat? How dare you? You are out of order. While I don't support the Ooni of Yoruba tradition to be in a Church, I still reserve to respect him out of tradition. Respect. smiley Now go in peace.

1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi & His Wife Collect Offering At A Church In UK (Photos) by bopm: 4:18pm On Mar 24, 2017
shinarambo1:
This man serves 2 masters or 3 masters sef. i cant even Imagine the Oba of benin doing such.
Royalty get levels.

There is only one master and that is God only.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi & His Wife Collect Offering At A Church In UK (Photos) by napoleon77(m): 4:18pm On Mar 24, 2017
bosstech:
He is a king who acknowledge d king of kings.. ....may u reign longer Dan ur Ancestors

Does he also acknowledge Yoruba deities like Osun, Ogun, Orunmila etc? You cannot acknowledge Christianity and also acknowledge Yoruba deities at the same time.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi & His Wife Collect Offering At A Church In UK (Photos) by brightisodje(m): 4:19pm On Mar 24, 2017
shinarambo1:
Royalty get levels.
x you b goat mumu continue to see your ordinary man as God mumu watin u con do here
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi & His Wife Collect Offering At A Church In UK (Photos) by yomz1e(m): 4:19pm On Mar 24, 2017
Moneyyy:

una don start with your over sabi , i too know religion scrutiny.. doesn't the pope wear hat? does the hat make him any less a believer? the levites that were even allow into the holiest of the holy wore hats! ....
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi & His Wife Collect Offering At A Church In UK (Photos) by Guyman02: 4:23pm On Mar 24, 2017
strrev:
You can't Imagine a king worshipping God abi what is this one saying undecided

If dem iPod obi go mosque tomorrow and we talk our own, dem go dey cry biafra grin. kontinu. awon oloriburuku

Na your fellow Yoruba dey ask why your Oba go church, I dont know wetin bring IPOB inside this matter. Dont allow your hatred of Igbos finish you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi & His Wife Collect Offering At A Church In UK (Photos) by Moving4: 4:23pm On Mar 24, 2017
Nice
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi & His Wife Collect Offering At A Church In UK (Photos) by NovusHomo(m): 4:23pm On Mar 24, 2017
DollarAngel:
The truth is I love his personality, but this I don't understand, can he do this in Nigeria? Or is it because it was in UK. Can a White Prince or Royal member do this in Africa? My Great King you going extreme

Rarity adds value. This man is gradually making his office cheap.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi & His Wife Collect Offering At A Church In UK (Photos) by Aragon: 4:31pm On Mar 24, 2017
Moneyyy:

Did God say we shouldn't wear Cap inside a Church? Or has wearing Cap got to do with Salvation? The Pope and his Bishops wears Caps inside the Church and it's from them Christianity as we know it got to us... The Bible etc.. was with them like forever. Anyway over here where I recide, I sometimes forget Cap on my Head in Church and when I remember I take it off but Nobody has ever bothered me about it.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi & His Wife Collect Offering At A Church In UK (Photos) by Seanjay(m): 4:32pm On Mar 24, 2017
Nigeriadondie:
A traditional ruler who is a custodian of the traditions of the land which includes juju practices and sacrifices to the gods of the land. Well the Holy Bible is clear. Read 1 Corinthians 10:20,21, Deuteronomy 32:17; Matthew 6:24;
For many churches like the white garment church the line between demonism and christianity is so thin. Infact they are merged as one and that is no christianity
Serve God and leave demonic practices or leave God and serve the demons well well.
The choice is yours. Joshua 24:14,15
I no judge na Bible talk am

I DONT USSUALLY DO THIS BUT

Now i know you are a Fool with a Capital F, so when he went to Redemption Camp with is herbalist then there is no small line between them and demonism like you said?.... i fear for most of you stupid fool and ignoramus Pentecostal church members saying all sort of shit about the White Garments Churches i pity you.... quote me ooo i de wait Fool
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi & His Wife Collect Offering At A Church In UK (Photos) by IslamicRebel01: 4:33pm On Mar 24, 2017
Correction. Not a UK church but an Afonja church. Anything goes there.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi & His Wife Collect Offering At A Church In UK (Photos) by IslamicRebel01: 4:33pm On Mar 24, 2017
Guyman02:

Na your fellow Yoruba dey ask why your Oba go church, I dont know wetin bring IPOB inside this matter. Dont allow your hatred of Igbos finish you

Do not mind thr Afonjas.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi & His Wife Collect Offering At A Church In UK (Photos) by musicwriter(m): 4:38pm On Mar 24, 2017
What a shame!!.

This is the same religion that shot, killed and exiled many African Kings for refusing to get baptized and to change their names to European one.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi & His Wife Collect Offering At A Church In UK (Photos) by greatermax77(m): 4:38pm On Mar 24, 2017
Nobody cares who he is over there
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi & His Wife Collect Offering At A Church In UK (Photos) by phemi01(m): 4:41pm On Mar 24, 2017
Barrywilly:
His Imperial Majesty is not observing traditional protocol and royal decorum. Carry offering basket in church for people to drop money is highly demeaning of his royal status. You can't serve two masters at a time. Upon ascension to the throne, you have already made a pact and Covenant with the devil.

So all kings worship the devil?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Great Songhai Empire / Convocation: Badirat Olaitan Adeyemi Graduates From The University Of Ibadan / DPO Segun Fagbohun Dies In Lagos Hospital (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.