Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,015 members, 7,814,467 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Because Of Fashola, I Will Tone Down My Criticism Of Buhari – Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Because Of Fashola, I Will Tone Down My Criticism Of Buhari – Fayose (1826 Views)

Nigerians Made The Mistake Of Voting For Buhari - Fayose / "I Will Release 11 Damaging Pictures Of Sick President Buhari" – Fayose / Where Is President Buhari? – Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Because Of Fashola, I Will Tone Down My Criticism Of Buhari – Fayose by PMBNG(m): 2:08pm On Mar 24, 2017
GOVERNOR of Ekiti State, Ayodele Fayose has promised to tone down his criticism of President Muhammadu Buhari “due to the intervention” of Babatunde Fashola.

Fashola, who is the minister of power, works and housing, visited Ekiti on Thursday to inspect some projects.

Promising to exercise patience with Buhari’s government, Fayose said he does not expect all developmental projects in Ekiti to be fixed in one term.

“We would be praying for your success, there is nothing to ask, because you’ve said it all, and we don’t expect you to do all in one term,” he said.

“If we would be getting this much help, we won’t be criticising the federal government like this.

“Maybe because of you, I will tone down. But remember that a blind man has no way of knowing until it gets to his mouth. He would say what you promised me is already in my mouth.

“We appreciate you, I don’t want to demand too much… From your statement you have mentioned two-key roads, without them, there is no Ekiti, there is no Ondo.”

Speaking earlier, the minister, who is currently inspecting projects in the south-west, pledged the commitment of the federal government in supporting every state in the federation to achieve “social, developmental and economic objectives”.

“The federal government is not in competition with any state government; we are here to enable, to support and to assist,” he said.

“Our representatives in your state, our ambassadors, and that is why I said we should visit you first.

“Here is the one who is mandated to ensure the roads in this state are safe, they are free from potholes and so on and so forth. I therefore will start by asking you to treat him the way you treat other ambassadors who visit your state.”

Some of the projects both men inspected were the Fajuyi Flyover and bungalow constructions under the national housing programme.

Fashola orders stoppage of work on housing scheme site

Meanwhile, Fashola has ordered the stoppage of work on the National Housing Scheme, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State.

He expressed dissatisfaction over the terrain, accessibility and the remote location of the project site.

The minister blamed the Federal Controller of Housing in the state for failing to brief the ministry properly before starting work on the project.

Fashola said: “If I give you a house or relocate your office to this place, will you like it?

“Since you will not like it, why then did you choose to build for Nigerians here?

“After today, let every work on this site be suspended for us to take stock of what has been done.”

According to him, the decision of the ministry on whether to approach the state government for a better location or continue with the project will depend on the outcome of the stock taking.

Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti, who accompanied Fashola to the project site, said he was not informed before work started on the project.

The project, under the National Housing Programme in Ekiti, comprised of 24 units of two bedroom flats, 16 units of three bedroom flats and six units of one bedroom flats.

It was gathered that 12 different contractors are handling various aspect of works at the project site.

The Federal Government in February announced plan to construct 5,000 units of houses in each state over the next three years.

The project, according to the Minister of State for Power, Works and Housing, Mustapha Shehuri, who spoke in Jalingo, Taraba State, the scheme would be financed by the Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria.

http://www.socialtimesng.net/2017/03/because-of-fashola-i-will-tone-down-my-criticism-of-buhari-fayose/

1 Like

Re: Because Of Fashola, I Will Tone Down My Criticism Of Buhari – Fayose by Splashme: 2:17pm On Mar 24, 2017
Mr Fayose. Nigeria needs you now like never before
It will be disastrous if you go cold.

You are the only voice of the voiceless.
Buhari's agents have silenced NLC and Civil Society.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Because Of Fashola, I Will Tone Down My Criticism Of Buhari – Fayose by Ikpewe: 2:18pm On Mar 24, 2017
Foyose is really a fool.

1 Like

Re: Because Of Fashola, I Will Tone Down My Criticism Of Buhari – Fayose by Splashme: 2:25pm On Mar 24, 2017
Click "Like" if you want Fayose to continue criticisms of the Buhari govt
and "share" if you want him to stop

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Because Of Fashola, I Will Tone Down My Criticism Of Buhari – Fayose by NgeneUkwenu(f): 2:29pm On Mar 24, 2017
[s]
Splashme:
Mr Fayose. Nigeria needs you now like never before
It will be disastrous if you go cold.

You are the only voice of the voiceless.
Buhari's agents have silenced NLC and Civil Society.
[/s]

When,

3 Likes

Re: Because Of Fashola, I Will Tone Down My Criticism Of Buhari – Fayose by freeze001(f): 2:31pm On Mar 24, 2017
Have they started trying to lure him into APC? Is he beginning to reconsider?
Re: Because Of Fashola, I Will Tone Down My Criticism Of Buhari – Fayose by RealDealz: 2:34pm On Mar 24, 2017
Fp
Re: Because Of Fashola, I Will Tone Down My Criticism Of Buhari – Fayose by bishop4APC: 2:54pm On Mar 24, 2017
freeze001:
Have they started trying to lure him into APC? Is he beginning to reconsider?

Tarh! lure who? That loudmouthed is really missing it... Nothing more criticise.

He said dollar will be N500 before April, now dollar is 380.
Re: Because Of Fashola, I Will Tone Down My Criticism Of Buhari – Fayose by Ikpewe: 3:02pm On Mar 24, 2017
Fayose where is wicked your friend?
Re: Because Of Fashola, I Will Tone Down My Criticism Of Buhari – Fayose by Negotiate: 3:04pm On Mar 24, 2017
Fashola sef no try
Re: Because Of Fashola, I Will Tone Down My Criticism Of Buhari – Fayose by Themind: 3:04pm On Mar 24, 2017
Who send you? Na you get your mouth, you think Baba see you.
Re: Because Of Fashola, I Will Tone Down My Criticism Of Buhari – Fayose by yomibelle(f): 3:04pm On Mar 24, 2017
just passing by
Re: Because Of Fashola, I Will Tone Down My Criticism Of Buhari – Fayose by rheether(f): 3:04pm On Mar 24, 2017
I give up cry
Re: Because Of Fashola, I Will Tone Down My Criticism Of Buhari – Fayose by KayTash(m): 3:05pm On Mar 24, 2017
Ok.
Re: Because Of Fashola, I Will Tone Down My Criticism Of Buhari – Fayose by WetDreamz: 3:05pm On Mar 24, 2017
PMBNG:

Fashola said: “If I give you a house or relocate your office to this place, will youlike it?“Since you will not like it, why then did you choose to build for Nigerians here?
Good Question!
BTW Wailers wont sleep well tonight.hahaha

1 Like

Re: Because Of Fashola, I Will Tone Down My Criticism Of Buhari – Fayose by imamabi(m): 3:06pm On Mar 24, 2017
I don't think Buhari has ever paid attention to your tantrums

1 Like

Re: Because Of Fashola, I Will Tone Down My Criticism Of Buhari – Fayose by teemanbastos(m): 3:07pm On Mar 24, 2017
Ikpewe:
Foyose is really a fool.
seriously?!

I don't think so.
Re: Because Of Fashola, I Will Tone Down My Criticism Of Buhari – Fayose by crispus09(m): 3:07pm On Mar 24, 2017
ayodele fayose wait am coming bak to comment,i want to dring my garri 1st
Re: Because Of Fashola, I Will Tone Down My Criticism Of Buhari – Fayose by Adminisher: 3:07pm On Mar 24, 2017
This is one of the most STUPID statements to come from a politician. As usual the meaning is lost on an unintelligent public with low IQ.
What Fayose is admitting is that his criticisms were groundless in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Because Of Fashola, I Will Tone Down My Criticism Of Buhari – Fayose by Repairnigeria(m): 3:09pm On Mar 24, 2017
u talk too much oga fayose most you say everything you see
Re: Because Of Fashola, I Will Tone Down My Criticism Of Buhari – Fayose by Bolster(m): 3:10pm On Mar 24, 2017
Mumu Governor. Trying so hard to remain relevant.
Re: Because Of Fashola, I Will Tone Down My Criticism Of Buhari – Fayose by deomello: 3:12pm On Mar 24, 2017
What's the useless man talking about? As if PMB care or give a damn about your daily lunacy.

When was the last time PMB even responded to your silly rants?

1 Like

Re: Because Of Fashola, I Will Tone Down My Criticism Of Buhari – Fayose by chibuthanks: 3:13pm On Mar 24, 2017
Pls continue sir or u are being bribed by evil government
Re: Because Of Fashola, I Will Tone Down My Criticism Of Buhari – Fayose by whela(m): 3:19pm On Mar 24, 2017
Seriously I've wondered why I've not seen you Mr Fayose on the front pages of newspaper recently ...well maybe you're busy gifting out rice and 200 naira to ur hungry citizens
Re: Because Of Fashola, I Will Tone Down My Criticism Of Buhari – Fayose by Ikpewe: 3:25pm On Mar 24, 2017
teemanbastos:
seriously?!
I don't think so.
tiyoo
Re: Because Of Fashola, I Will Tone Down My Criticism Of Buhari – Fayose by Nobody: 6:43pm On Mar 24, 2017
Finish the projects at hand first. That's what he meant.

(1) (Reply)

Methodist Church That Used Islamic Verse As Motto / Who Would You Vote For In 2019 Presidential Elections...Buhari, Atiku, Fayose? / Full List Of 209 Board Chairmen Appointed By President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.