Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. (799 Views)

Man Lies On The Floor To Propose To His Girlfriend But She Turns Him Down / I Proposed To My Girlfriend But She Doesn’t Wear Her Ring / He Kneels To Propose To His Girlfriend, But Her Other Lover Came Out In Boxers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by Harun111: 5:26pm On Mar 24, 2017
I met my gf about a year ago. She was 22years and I was 32 years. We got talking and I decided to introduced her to my family. When we started she told me everything about her past.she told me how she got pregnant when she was 15 years due to ignorance. I accepted to marry her because I believe everybody has his own past.. The problem here is my family has gotten to know she has a baby, and they have called a family meeting which I am to appear on Sunday.i love my gf dearly.how do I convince them?please I need your advice.
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 24, 2017
Their approval means nothing. Do what your heart tells you

1 Like

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 24, 2017
I keep asking you this, did she give birth to a girl or boy?

1 Like

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by Senipapa(m): 5:35pm On Mar 24, 2017
This is a sensitive issue, I would advice you to try as much as possible to make your family see reasons with you, cos family is one thing which one can't afford to wage war against, it never ends well especially when the issue is in relation to your story.

1 Like

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by Smellymouth: 5:35pm On Mar 24, 2017
Frankly speaking, they will probably continue to dislike her regardless of anything you try doing to convince them otherwise.

All you can do is keep living your life and growing your relationship..Time is sometimes the greatest benefit here. As long as it may seem, sometimes it takes years for people to turn around and trust others. And sometimes, that day may never come.

Just be prepared for the possibility they may never fully like your girlfriend. But as they get to know her, Insha Allah, maybe they'll become at least a little more tolerable...

Alhamdulillah.. cool

1 Like

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by dpete1: 5:36pm On Mar 24, 2017
is the baby going to live with you after you married??
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by dpete1: 5:37pm On Mar 24, 2017
is the baby going to live with you after you married??
how did they know??
just let them know that you can live with her past...

1 Like

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by knightsson: 5:39pm On Mar 24, 2017
To me and as a man there is nothing wrong marrying a girl who already have a baby, but only if the baby is a girl. Another man's son can't inherit my property as first son.

2 Likes

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by Truesapiosexual(f): 5:43pm On Mar 24, 2017
Tell your parents that the child only symbolises she engaged in pre marital sex which almost all youths do, some get pregnant and abort it and in the process have their womb destroyed , the ones without babies ain't better off... The one with a baby was only courageous and not a murderer

1 Like

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by emeijeh(m): 5:51pm On Mar 24, 2017
xstry:

What do you mean by the bolded above, and how old are you?

1 Like

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by PrickGetSize(m): 5:57pm On Mar 24, 2017
Just keep fvcking her until she's visibly pregnant. Na your papa go dey ask you when you wan do introduction.
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by Nobody: 5:57pm On Mar 24, 2017
emeijeh:

What do you mean by the bolded above, and how old are you?

I do not know about you. But we cannot all live our lives on what our Parents dictate for us.

1 Like

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by SNOWCREAM(m): 6:00pm On Mar 24, 2017
OP see if you can bring both sides into a boat. If not either you lose a potential wife or your family

1 Like

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by Harun111: 6:05pm On Mar 24, 2017
She's a girl cry
knightsson:
To me and as a man there is nothing wrong marrying a girl who already have a baby, but only if the baby is a girl. Another man's son can't inherit my property as first son.
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by Harun111: 6:09pm On Mar 24, 2017
She gave birth to a baby girl.. She's now 7 years old..
ToriBlue:
I keep asking you this, did she give birth to a girl or boy?
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by vizkiz: 6:10pm On Mar 24, 2017
You are 32 for God sake!

Be a man and take your stand. Have some balls and let your relatives hearken to your words angry

Harun111:
I met my gf about a year ago. She was 22years and I was 32 years. We got talking and I decided to introduced her to my family. When we started she told me everything about her past.she told me how she got pregnant when she was 15 years due to ignorance. I accepted to marry her because I believe everybody has his own past.. The problem here is my family has gotten to know she has a baby, and they have called a family meeting which I am to appear on Sunday.i love my gf dearly.how do I convince them?please I need your advice.
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by SNOWCREAM(m): 6:15pm On Mar 24, 2017
vizkiz:
You are 32 for God sake!

Be a man and take your stand. Have some balls and let your relatives hearken to your words angry

He's 32 but he isn't older or wiser than everyone in the family neither can he have the biggest ball lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by vizkiz: 6:17pm On Mar 24, 2017
SNOWCREAM:

He's 32 but he isn't older or wiser than everyone in the family neither can he have the biggest ball lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

He is 32, he is solely mature enough to take his own responsibilities. He can only listen to selective advices from others (relatives)

1 Like

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by Senipapa(m): 6:23pm On Mar 24, 2017
SNOWCREAM:

Thank you very much brother, I admire your sense of reasoning.

3 Likes

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by SNOWCREAM(m): 6:24pm On Mar 24, 2017
vizkiz:

He is 32, he is solely mature enough to take his own [b]responsibilities. He can only listen to selective advices from others (relatives) [/b]

OK OP, I think you can see the word Vizkiz used here @Bolded. Whatever choice you make, you're responsible, and mind you responsibility doesn't mean you should just go ahead, you need to seriously consider your heart without leaving out the sanity of your mind. Bless

2 Likes

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by knightsson: 6:55pm On Mar 24, 2017
Harun111:
She's a girl cry
Then nothing wrong to me
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by Tajbol4splend(m): 7:00pm On Mar 24, 2017
xstry:

Just like that?
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by Monogamy: 8:59pm On Mar 24, 2017
@ Op, have you made research about the story or you only believe her side of the story? Don't be blinded by lust
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 24, 2017
Harun111:
She gave birth to a baby girl.. She's now 7 years old..
Then there should not be any problem since its a girl.

(1) (Reply)

20 Funny Quotes By Robert Mugabe About Relationships You Haven’t Yet Seen / Ok. Lets See Those That Love Their Mate .. / I Am An Extravagant Spender; But Not Maker Of Money.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.