Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Nigeria's Young Generation Seems Not To Understand The Meaning Of Democracy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Young Generation Seems Not To Understand The Meaning Of Democracy (581 Views)

Senetor Elisha Abbo Bags An Award 'Icon Of Democracy' / Tinubu Punctures Atiku’s Claim To Be A Democrat, Defender Of Democracy / Evar Bekky Okoye Wins Face Of Democracy Nigeria Pageant (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Young Generation Seems Not To Understand The Meaning Of Democracy by Dejiteru: 8:44pm On Mar 24, 2017
THE ENIGMA OF THE NIGERIAN YOUTH. You don't confront the people in power whose actions put your future in jeopardy, you spend your time and literary energy writing about which Nollywood star has the biggest "Yansh." or which pastor is sleeping with whom, or how many baby mamas does Singer XYZ has? when was the last time that kind of talk got you a 3 square meal or a job or a comfortable home? DO YOU YOUTHS EVEN REALIZE THAT NIGERIA IS A DEMOCRACY? DO YOU KNOW WHAT DEMOCRACY IS? 90 million Nigerians between the age of 18 - 35 yet you complain about BAD GOVERNMENT. By right, logic and electoral dictum YOU SHOULD BE IN POWER. 90 million people suffering the same fate under a corrupt and insensitive government I SAY RISE UP AND CLAIM YOUR RIGHTFUL PLACE. Remember it is your country too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Young Generation Seems Not To Understand The Meaning Of Democracy by kilode100(f): 8:45pm On Mar 24, 2017
Dejiteru:
THE ENIGMA OF THE NIGERIAN YOUTH. You don't confront the people in power whose actions put your future in jeopardy, you spend your time and literary energy writing about which Nollywood star has the biggest "Yansh." or which pastor is sleeping with whom, or how many baby mamas does Singer XYZ has? when was the last time that kind of talk got you a 3 square meal or a job or a comfortable home? DO YOU YOUTHS EVEN REALIZE THAT NIGERIA IS A DEMOCRACY? DO YOU KNOW WHAT DEMOCRACY IS? 90 million Nigerians between the age of 18 - 35 yet you complain about BAD GOVERNMENT. By right, logic and electoral dictum YOU SHOULD BE IN POWER. 90 million people suffering the same fate under a corrupt and insensitive government I SAY RISE UP AND CLAIM YOUR RIGHTFUL PLACE. Remember it is your country too.

How many you don claim? You just dey feel yaself abi?

Btw, stop shouting.
Re: Nigeria's Young Generation Seems Not To Understand The Meaning Of Democracy by Cekpo34(m): 8:47pm On Mar 24, 2017
Dejiteru:

I doubt they don't know democracy. Of course they do. What they don't know is the terms of the Social Contract... Our so-called leaders have hijacked our social contract and have successfully neutralized the masses by transforming them into sychophants. There's no political consciousness and worst of all, the culture of protest is dead and gone. Our elevated thieves budgets trillions and syphon 90%, yet we praise them because amidst the pool of poor leadership, some have "tried"... Any nation whom the masses fail to take power remains a jungle for the ruling class. That's where we are right now
Re: Nigeria's Young Generation Seems Not To Understand The Meaning Of Democracy by kilode100(f): 9:25pm On Mar 24, 2017
^^^^^^

They are both speaking from a place of hunger.

Democracy my ass. When Buhari couldn't produce his pry6 result, where were you?

Enough pls
Re: Nigeria's Young Generation Seems Not To Understand The Meaning Of Democracy by Eggcelent(m): 9:34pm On Mar 24, 2017
OP. We need more like you. We need to step-up our advocacy efforts to see that more Nigerians realise their place in ensuring good governance.
The major difference between countries which are not working & those which are working is the level of political consciousness/engagement of the electorates.
Re: Nigeria's Young Generation Seems Not To Understand The Meaning Of Democracy by sorry1(m): 10:26pm On Mar 24, 2017
Dejiteru:
God bless you. some mofos will come here now and turn the whole thing into PDP/GEJ and APC bullshi.t as if they have ever benefitted something tangible from the two criminal org.
Re: Nigeria's Young Generation Seems Not To Understand The Meaning Of Democracy by DarqChild: 9:23am On Mar 25, 2017
Here is a song that says it all. Listen and feel it. If you like it, share....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzg5VUQP8go&feature=youtu.be
Re: Nigeria's Young Generation Seems Not To Understand The Meaning Of Democracy by hysteriabox(m): 11:58am On Mar 25, 2017
Granted. More work has to be done in encouraging young minds to step up their acts on political issues.
The problem is deep rooted. Our chanting whats wrong n what we want has been done over the years. It dint work.
When we feel our desired Nigeria is dependant on Mr President, APC/rulling govt, Senate, budget, loans from IMF, aids from UNICEF... we ll never go pass here!

Give an average young Nigerian mind a 10 million naira promise to be fulfilled in a month's time... he ll spend d first day fantasizing on how to demolish the money with further liabilities and he ll spend d remaining 29 days expressing his impatience by asking over and over why must it take 24 hours b4 a day ends!

How many young minds are thinking of building their communities given 10-30 years added to their lives as against building their bank accounts?

My uncle was appointed as acting chairman some time ago, I know the amount of pressure he faces daily to favor "his peepoo", "na owa turn to chop", the pressure I got to take advantage and use his office to get rich/favors

I feel the problem is not too far...just stare at the mirror.
Re: Nigeria's Young Generation Seems Not To Understand The Meaning Of Democracy by GrandGarcon: 12:53pm On Mar 25, 2017
Story! This thing you are TALKING about, Nnamdi Kanu already is DOING it. Just as my face will never be the same with yours, his style or method and yours will never be the same, the crime he committed now is treasonable felony which from my observations is that he insulted Buhari, felony is when you do something bad or criminal, right? So since the terrosrism charges have been dropped, I dont see any other "felony" he committed if not insulting Buhari, but a hungry man is an angry man. What pains me so much with Nigeria is the inability for Nigerians to protest for thier rights, they think that by simply voting they will make Nigeria great. I believe that insults is a weapon of choice and most times it is the only weapon available. You don't wake a sleeping man up by merely caressing him but by shaking him very VIGOROUSLY.
Re: Nigeria's Young Generation Seems Not To Understand The Meaning Of Democracy by Dejiteru: 9:26pm On Aug 30, 2017
I am glad you brought up Nnamdi Kanu check this out "Dangote's tomato plant needs N15 billion worth of tomatoes annually to operate. That's N3,000,000.00 return each, if 5000 of the youths singing Hosanna to Nnamdi Kanu will use there collective efforts and there parent's land in the village to grow tomatoes. like Zebrudaya will say " Oh God of host in the heaven above" teach them...IIB"
Re: Nigeria's Young Generation Seems Not To Understand The Meaning Of Democracy by Dejiteru: 10:33pm On Sep 02, 2017
Stop the insanity, "we can't keep electing thieves into Government and then expect the same government to fight corruption. That is utterly crazy. #takeourcountryback - IIB"
Re: Nigeria's Young Generation Seems Not To Understand The Meaning Of Democracy by hysteriabox(m): 5:21pm On Sep 03, 2017
Hmmm.
Our bane is cawardice, being carefully fed by ethnic n religious bigotry.
When we say "bad leaders", hey, does it include that your uncle, your tribesman, your church benefactor?

When we say "corrupt ", does that include ur bestie that gist you on how smartly they change numbers n make extra bucks?

When we ask for "change", does that include you who cant patiently qqueue up, never speaking n acting right towards nigeria, praying for your own chance to "hamma" one govt contract n get ur "turn to chop"?

When we say "war", do we remember that our fathers sowed, now we reap their filthy hervest?

I fault the church in this mess. I fault the lies they feed us with, now we av d bible in our hands while our pastors have the land/wealth.
I also blame the chef, my last meat out was terrible.
Re: Nigeria's Young Generation Seems Not To Understand The Meaning Of Democracy by Dejiteru: 4:49am On Sep 04, 2017
hysteriabox:
Hmmm.
Our bane is cawardice, being carefully fed by ethnic n religious bigotry.
When we say "bad leaders", hey, does it include that your uncle, your tribesman, your church benefactor?

When we say "corrupt ", does that include ur bestie that gist you on how smartly they change numbers n make extra bucks?

When we ask for "change", does that include you who cant patiently qqueue up, never speaking n acting right towards nigeria, praying for your own chance to "hamma" one govt contract n get ur "turn to chop"?

When we say "war", do we remember that our fathers sowed, now we reap their filthy hervest?

I fault the church in this mess. I fault the lies they feed us with, now we av d bible in our hands while our pastors have the land/wealth.
I also blame the chef, my last meat out was terrible.

Very well reasoned and thoughtful. The beauty of democracy is we have an opportunity to drain the swamp in 2019. Let's declare our emancipation come 2019 and if it's true that Majority of Nigerians are fed up with the status quo then in 2019 Majority will Carry the vote but first we must organize. #takeourcountryback

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Vows B'haram Will Never Terrorize Nigeria Again As Buhari Leads Delegates / @EFCC Handlers Epic Responses / EFCC Shares More Photos From The Ikoyi Home Where $38m, N23m, £27k,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.